It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 310031 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #975 on: July 02, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »
28% higher due to COVID-19 but not because of death caused by the infection. There was a universal stoppage of elective surgery or scheduled clinical treatment. The effect is pretty widespread. People are delayed getting their normal clinical attention and treatment because of the virus lockdown. Rise in cancer deaths, strikes, heart attacks, etc.

The study was for virus related infections. I'm sure another study will be pertaining to suicides and other non virus related deaths due to the actions we've taken on the virus. But in the CDC website, deaths are drastically falling because we're saving a lot of lives based on our changes in behavior. We are driving less and we aren't catching other infectious diseases as often due to social distancing. There is less physical activity so less chance to get injured, killed or catch HIV. Staying at home too much will hurt the economy so the government must find a balance of going back to work without letting the virus get out of control.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #976 on: July 02, 2020, 10:06:21 AM »
The study was for virus related infections. I'm sure another study will be pertaining to suicides and other non virus related deaths due to the actions we've taken on the virus. But in the CDC website, deaths are drastically falling because we're saving a lot of lives based on our changes in behavior. We are driving less and we aren't catching other infectious diseases as often due to social distancing. There is less physical activity so less chance to get injured, killed or catch HIV. Staying at home too much will hurt the economy so the government must find a balance of going back to work without letting the virus get out of control.

We're both in the same industry, BillyB and while I'll be lacking in understanding every development in your area, I can tell you ours is fairly robust, and even the housing (new home) sector is starting to perk up. If they actually do push the infrastructure funding like they repeatedly mumbled about - you can bet a loud screech when the rubber hits the road.

The latest labor report just announced for June was a smash! Just as May was!!! This is definitely a better than a positive trend for the country despite all the craziness that happened the last two months. This is also a trend that is NOT a favorable trend for everyone. Election is but 5 months away, what's the best thing that can happen to Trump - or the worst thing that can happen to Biden?

Stopping the trend is mission #1, baby! Closely and very objectively read this article. Follow every focal points being stated and note how they support these points. They mostly 'blame' the rise on new infection solely on 'opening to soon - and group gathering', so the course of action is once again 'close' down recently opened businesses. What I can tell you on main street here is: Every establishment we've gone to/got to, including supermarkets, etc...there's a markedly noticeable compliance to the rules. Even restaurants. Tables are, on average, half empty to assure proper distancing, masks, sometimes temp checks. I'm beginning to almost hear unanimous in-ground remarks that the current *panic* is mainly politically driven.

Unless you walk the streets to see and hear real events and development, folks have no way to refute what the media and politicians flood us with. It's an election year! I can only hope there's enough Americans out there that's capable of rationalizing things beyond their noses.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:12:23 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #977 on: July 02, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
We're both in the same industry, BillyB and while I'll be lacking in understanding every development in your area, I can tell you ours is fairly robust, and even the housing (new home) sector is starting to perk up. If they actually do push the infrastructure funding like they repeatedly mumbled about - you can bet a loud screech when the rubber hits the road.

While construction is allowed to happen in my region, I've had a large project put on hold due to the developer wanting to wait the virus out. I talked to the owner of a General Contracting company and he said he's bidding jobs at cost just to keep his guys working. Some jobs been cancelled but there is work but there won't be much profit if companies have to lower their bids to get that work. If this coronavirus thing drags on for years, it will significantly impact the construction industry just like the recession did.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #978 on: July 03, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
INTRIGUE:  DIFFERENT COVID DASHBOARDS FOR FLORIDA

I rebooted my computer and lost the bookmark to the Florida COVID dashboard.  So I googled and found it.  However, the dashboard appearance had changed and the data categories had changed too.  I soon realized the dashboard I googled was not sanctioned by the Florida Dept of Health, but something developed by a new organization, Florida COVID Action.

The action group consists of five primary contributors who track changes in the data, communicate with the press, list key data resources for public use, and report on the inner-workings of the state.   To protect their identities and their jobs, four of the five authors remain anonymous. The founder is a former manager of COVID-19 data and surveillance at the Florida Department of Health.   Others include a statistician, USMC intelligence officer, and state employees inside the State Emergency Operations Center.

Notes on the Dashboard reveal the following two areas of dispute with FL DOH.

1.  Number of Deaths.

Additionally, DOH does not provide the date of death for any case. The chart on the now-disabled DOH dshboard showing resident deaths by date is just that - residents only by date of death for cases where a death certificate has been received and the date of death verified by the state.

The CDC warns "delays in reporting a person's death to the state can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death."

According to internal DOH records, deaths reported by DOH were reported an average 7-21 days after the COVID-19 positive person died (date from March through mid-June, with some deaths reported as late as 44 days after death.

2.  Number of ICU Beds

On June 22, 2020, Governor DeSantis announced that the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) would no longer report the number of occupied ICU beds as it had previously been done.

AHCA provides the hospital data you see on this page.

Consequently, the number of available beds shown here likely includes beds that are currently occupied, but that the DeSantis administration has determined by an un-disclosed metric could be made available by removing the person occupying it.

One could say this balances those groups claiming hospitals are incentivized to report some deaths as COVID deaths if the cause is mixed.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #979 on: July 04, 2020, 05:13:33 AM »
CORONAVIRUS SELF-CHECK

This may have been covered earlier, yet deserves repeating given the current surge of COVID cases.
Hospitalizations are increasing too.  Deaths have not kept pace; however, deaths lag the onset of infection by 10-14 days if not longer. 

Death usually results from progressive pulmonary fibrosis.  This deterioration of the lungs could start before other symptoms (fever and dry coughing) would compel testing.  To catch infection early and receive medical treatment before lungs are severely damaged, Taiwan doctors advise the following  simple self-check: 

Every morning, take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

Offline msmob

« Reply #980 on: July 04, 2020, 05:26:37 AM »
Total nonsense, Phil ..debunked long ago ((

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #981 on: July 04, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
WHO Takes U-Turn

China Never Reported Existence of Coronavirus to World Health
 Organization WHO backtracks on original claim that China
self-reported, admits this never happened
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-never-reported-existence-of-coronavirus-to-world-health-organization/

WHO admits China never reported the existence of coronavirus outbreak
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/who-admits-china-never-reported-the-existence-of-coronavirus-outbreak

China Did Not Report COVID-19 Outbreak in Initial Stages, WHO Takes U-Turn
http://www.india.com/news/world/who-takes-u-turn-admits-china-did-not-report-covid-19-outbreak-in-initial-stages-4074891/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:36:30 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #982 on: July 04, 2020, 01:00:19 PM »
There are certainly plenty of crazy ideas going around.

Please don't microwave the library books.
http://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/us/dont-microwave-your-library-books-trnd/index.html

And this humdinger about airborne aids:
http://docs.google.com/document/d/108ckCoxJVUdbRMr9w0cyd41Tnb5cr_LAbHp4ezm9Dxw/edit 
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Gator

« Reply #983 on: July 05, 2020, 06:14:50 AM »
Total nonsense, Phil ..debunked long ago ((

What a relief!   It is good to know that COVID will not affect my lungs prior to manifesting other symptoms. 

The "10 seconds" is not universally applicable, yet any inexplicable reduction in lung capacity should raise concern given we are still learning about the many ways COVID irreparably affects our health.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #984 on: July 05, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »

WHO halts trails on a few treatment drugs. What's the next drug they going to announce to give people hope?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/who-halts-hydroxychloroquine-trials-after-failure-to-reduce-death/ar-BB16l2Ba?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Iran experiences their deadliest day. Could it be they are into a second wave so soon? Temperature in Tehran is 90-100 for the highs. The coronavirus isn't bothered much by hot weather

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/florida-cases-rise-53percent-iran-has-deadliest-day-virus-update/ar-BB16kvcJ?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Man who survived 9/11 in NY dies by COVID-19 in Florida

http://www.yahoo.com/news/man-famous-9-11-photo-183101421.html[/size]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:10:32 AM by BillyB »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #985 on: July 05, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »

OMG. The coronavirus was laying dormant around the world for years in sewage until humans created the environment that allowed it to thrive. Put on your best tin foil hat before reading the article below.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-may-not-originated-143843488.html

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #986 on: July 05, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »
Put on your best tin foil hat before reading the article below.

Damn, Billy!

All I have is Aluminum foil!! Do you think I can double it up??!!?! 
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #987 on: July 06, 2020, 08:00:17 AM »
I heard a fascinating report this morning. Probably one of the very few 'earlier' report that remained 'constant' in the sea of all the 'expert' speculations they constantly fed all of us from the very beginning - the likelihood of the total infection rate is in the range of 10x the known cases.

New infection cases report says about 90% increase the past 2-3 weeks. Death rate however declined to 19%. 'Lag' these numbers as much as anyone can, but methinks let's get our lives back to normal because I think there's enough empirical evidence this virus may be highly infectious, it is hardly virulent. Mostly no different than the flu. The virus is deadly for the most vulnerable amongst us - the very old and the very 'sick'.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:48:06 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #988 on: July 06, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
I heard a fascinating report this morning. Probably one of the very few 'earlier' report that remained 'constant' in the sea of all the 'expert' speculations they constantly fed all of us from the very beginning - he likelihood of the total infection rate is in the range of 10x the known cases.

New infection cases report says about 90% increase the past 2-3 weeks. Death rate however declined to 19%. 'Lag' these numbers as much as anyone can, but I methinks let's get our lives back to normal because I think there's enough empirical evidence this virus may be highly infectious, it is hardly virulent. Mostly no different than the flu. The virus is deadly for the most vulnerable amongst us - the very old and the very 'sick'.

There's going to be a constant battle between media and scientists to put out studies that fit their narrative. NY State lost 1 out of every 600 citizens in a matter of months. The ratio is much worse in NYC. It would have been much worse if NY didn't take action. While NY State loses 4500 people per year to influenza, they've lost 32,000 people to the coronavirus in a matter of months. For some survivors of the coronavirus, they will have temporary or permanent organ damage.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/newyork/newyork.htm

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #989 on: July 06, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
There's going to be a constant battle between media and scientists to put out studies that fit their narrative. NY State lost 1 out of every 600 citizens in a matter of months. The ratio is much worse in NYC. It would have been much worse if NY didn't take action. While NY State loses 4500 people per year to influenza, they've lost 32,000 people to the coronavirus in a matter of months. For some survivors of the coronavirus, they will have temporary or permanent organ damage.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/newyork/newyork.htm

Sure, simply because the seasonal 'flu' is pretty much with us every year whereas COVID-19 was (is) fairly new and so many things affected the 'death count'. There are also mixed reports of death with COVID, death due to COVID and death because of the infection, These were all counted under the impact of the virus.

We don't get these type of accounting with the flu for the simple reason it is no longer a novel (unknown) virus.

Two very important caveats are, with the flu, we pretty much have a vaccine, while not 100% it is still a good preventative treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 is MOSTLY lethal to the very old and the very sick. The flu is not very selective. Everyone/anyone is fair game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:55:13 PM by GQBlues »

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #990 on: July 06, 2020, 02:36:30 PM »
Sure, simply because the seasonal 'flu' is pretty much with us every year whereas COVID-19 was (is) fairly new and so many things affected the 'death count'. There are also mixed reports of death with COVID, death due to COVID and death because of the infection, These were all counted under the impact of the virus.

We don't get these type of accounting with the flu for the simple reason it is no longer a novel (unknown) virus.

Two very important caveats are, with the flu, we pretty much have a vaccine, while not 100% it is still a good preventative treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 is MOSTLY lethal to the very old and the very sick. The flu is not very selective. Everyone/anyone is fair game.

We've been fed a big ole steamy pile of bulls*it on covid from the start and it continues to this day. Who knows if or when it will ever end. The numbers were grossly exaggerated by other deaths. The infection rate skyrockets with the increased testing during the lock downs, yet testing multiplies, so does the infections and then comes more lock downs. Rinse, repeat and go all over again. This is happening everywhere in the world. This for a virus that so far kills .06% of the infected. Mostly the elderly, some others with underlying conditions, here and there some seemingly younger and completely healthy. Well over 95% of the infected get over covid without any intervention. How do we know what killed those with the way the stats have been manipulated? Again, this is happening all over the world and that is what you should be paying attention to. The truth of this virus is out there but we're not getting it.

But look at the world over, we're staying away from each other, isolated, wearing masks and awaiting with baited breath like kids for candy for a vaccine for something less lethal than the flu. The covid likely isn't going to kill you. Influenza has a better chance of that. What likely will kill you is the other infections, bugs and vaccines coming your way and they are coming your way. It's now mind control and soon it'll be population control

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #991 on: July 06, 2020, 03:28:22 PM »
do you think they'll go as far as putting fluorine in the water?
gosh, I hope not!!!

look what Corona has done to us nationally in just 6 months starting from ZERO cases
now imagine the next 6 months starting from 3,000,000+ cases

in Texas and Florida one out of five being tested is NOW coming back positive
a 500% increase from 2 weeks ago!!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #992 on: July 06, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
do you think they'll go as far as putting fluorine in the water?
gosh, I hope not!!!

look what Corona has done to us nationally in just 6 months starting from ZERO cases
now imagine the next 6 months starting from 3,000,000+ cases

in Texas and Florida one out of five being tested is NOW coming back positive
a 500% increase from 2 weeks ago!!

Are you sick or dead?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #993 on: July 06, 2020, 05:06:05 PM »
Moreover, COVID-19 is MOSTLY lethal to the very old and the very sick. The flu is not very selective. Everyone/anyone is fair game.

Over 90% of flu deaths belong to people 50 years and older. Old people tend to die more easily than younger people from cancer, heart disease, flu, gunshot wounds, falls, and just about any other kind of disease or physical trauma. Our hospitals can handle ALL the community's illnesses and injuries combined but in a COVID-19 outbreak, they are overwhelmed. Over 15,000 Italian doctors got COVID-19 and hundreds died. This count does not include other medical professionals and when they get ill, it takes tens of thousands out of action and when they die, they aren't quickly replaced since it takes years to get a medical worker educated.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

Immunity after beating the virus is still unknown. One expert thinks a small percentage of people will get immunity and even then, it will be short lived.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/immunity-to-the-coronavirus-is-fragile-and-short-lived-immunologist-warns/ar-BB16oSue?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Dr. Fauci said a vaccine may not provide lifelong immunity based on what we know about existing coronaviruses. I'd hate to be wearing masks forever. As years go by and nations go into recessions and quality of life is reduced, we'll begin to realize how much China fukced over humanity.

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/02/dr-anthony-fauci-says-theres-a-chance-coronavirus-vaccine-may-not-provide-immunity-for-very-long.html?&doc=106604273

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #994 on: July 06, 2020, 06:39:23 PM »
"Are you sick or dead?"

mentally, yes...
metaphorically, yes...

but I have been on snapchat with 3 sick people...
who all tell the SAME story
that it is like getting a bad flu
none of the three have had to go to the hospital YET...

I'm thinking that when I get this, I'm probably gonna survive it
but for two weeks, it's really gonna suck being sick with this

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #995 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »
"Are you sick or dead?"

mentally, yes...
metaphorically, yes...

but I have been on snapchat with 3 sick people...
who all tell the SAME story
that it is like getting a bad flu
none of the three have had to go to the hospital YET...

I'm thinking that when I get this, I'm probably gonna survive it
but for two weeks, it's really gonna suck being sick with this

You have a 99% chance of surviving it, a bad flu yet you and 90% of the world's population will be lining up to let them shoot you up with a vaccine that's likely already been long developed and much worse. There's a rat in the wood pile. This isn't political, this is a good vs evil and covid is only the beginning

Offline msmob

« Reply #996 on: July 07, 2020, 03:36:04 AM »
Which 'bad flu' leaves many of those who survived with life changing issues ( respiratory and more)?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #997 on: July 07, 2020, 04:20:48 AM »
Which 'bad flu' leaves many of those who survived with life changing issues ( respiratory and more)?

What exactly is your question Moobs? MERS, swine, bird and influenza. They are all corona viruses btw but you being an expert in all things would know that, wouldn't you?

Offline msmob

« Reply #998 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:58 AM »
Mr Mistake..

Nice try at obfuscation re yet another one if your inept 'contributions' to this discussion..

You have suggested efficacy of a useless drug to combat COVID-19 and want to suggest those surviving it have no issues..

This is no 'flu'..

Only ill informed people and 'Trampu' are suggesting otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:10:53 AM by msmob »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #999 on: July 07, 2020, 06:55:39 AM »
Mr Mistake..

Nice try at obfuscation re yet another one if your inept 'contributions' to this discussion..

You have suggested efficacy of a useless drug to combat COVID-19 and want to suggest those surviving it have no issues..

This is no 'flu'..

Only I'll informed people and 'Trampu' are suggesting otherwise.

Mr Moron..
As per usual your head is planted squarely up your ass. Please point out where I have obfuscated. Take your time Either answer the question in my riposte or kindly stfu and quit with your expected usual dodge. Covid is a "flu" whether your limited intellect can acknowledge it or not.

Again as expected your obfuscation of "You have suggested efficacy of a useless drug to combat COVID-19 and want to suggest those surviving it have no issues." is noted. You are a hack unable to think for yourself and take with ease the bullet points given you. HQC has helped many according to the experts. Argue with them or a wall, makes no difference to me

"Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped save lives," said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. "As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients."

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/july/new-hydroxychloroquine-study-proves-trump-right-says-it-significantly-cuts-death-rate?fbclid=IwAR0GbCotpjw6tMP8FURRmWfWALszM9eqj-Eu8KPhqxNhNZg57W82EmC0Cl8

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701