It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1079936 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2300 on: January 29, 2015, 04:44:32 PM »
Anyone with a Ukrainian wife should have known the above many weeks ago at the least. Mostly it is just semantics.

Whatever the semantics are Putinochio can only tell so many lies.  Now that mothers and families of the deceased will no longer even be able to give their sons a proper burial per the Orthodox religion I think that Hell is too good for Putin.  He's a monster and what he is doing and has done is bizarre and contemptable.  I doubt if he will ever face a tribunal like Milosovich but I hope at least his own people when they find out the depth of his depravity will put him away for good.  And that's only for what he's done to the sons of his own people.  Add to what he has done to Ukrainians and he is a bona fide war criminal.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2301 on: January 29, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »

I don't get the argument here.  Do you think Obama would feel "at risk" if he had no protection?  If Yanu walked through Maiden without any protection his life wouldn't have been in jeopardy?    The dude was getting blamed for the sniper attacks.  His life was in jeopardy.

Are you serious?

We are taking about this hulking thug who fainted when he was hit with a raw egg.

Next you are going to say the egg contained fatal toxins.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2302 on: January 29, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »
It was a mob take over.

I bet you would root for Nero while Rome burns, wouldn't ya?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2303 on: January 29, 2015, 06:12:11 PM »

I don't get the argument here.  Do you think Obama would feel "at risk" if he had no protection?  If Yanu walked through Maiden without any protection his life wouldn't have been in jeopardy?    The dude was getting blamed for the sniper attacks.  His life was in jeopardy.

Actually, I really believe that Yanukonvict was fearing for his life and that's why he fled. Just ask Putler. Same exact thing.

That explain the double-speak, the Goebbels-type of indoctrination via the media, and the military aggression towards the country that can fatally infect Rossyia into a mob uprising.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2304 on: January 29, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »

Yanukovych did, in fact, have protection.  His entourage was with him in Kharkiv, and many went with him to Russia.

You mean, those nice guys carrying the treasures from Yanukonvict's stolen mansion into waiting vans?

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2305 on: January 29, 2015, 06:17:42 PM »
OK, your considerations sound solid, I'm agree with your analysis.  Everybody has to fight for his share of market, and the price of oil must be regulated by supply and demand, not by cartels.
Does not matter what ruble will be worth, industrial production and GDP does. I give no numbers as I have no Crystall Ball and there are no proven methods to predict oil price.
Higher prices will be clear bonus for Russia, but its economics and resourses let her accomodate to any price. To be honest, we're all interested in  oil storage never ends and acceptable price of gas. World of Mad Max is not what I'd like  :)

Strange, I thought the KGB had mathematical models that calculated the probabilities with a range of one in ten thousand to one in a million.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2306 on: January 29, 2015, 06:19:05 PM »

I bet you would root for Nero while Rome burns, wouldn't ya?

You've been rooting for Obama and America is close to burning, so what's the difference?  In fact when Ferguson, MO was burning and the Emperor was naked, did you have any complaints?  Hell no.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2307 on: January 29, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »
AC,

You can't honestly compare America to Rome under Nero.  That demonstrates how far to the right you have progressed.  America is solid.  It is as stable a country as we have seen on this earth.  While there may be fluctuations, such are the ebb and flow of any society. 

I see no evidence that America is going down the rabbit hole.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2308 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
You've been rooting for Obama and America is close to burning, so what's the difference?  In fact when Ferguson, MO was burning and the Emperor was naked, did you have any complaints?  Hell no.

Because you were rooting for that nincompoop who was this guy's predecessor who "stole" over 8 TRILLION dollars in less than 3 years and the country did NOT fall apart. The main reason why the rest of the world think of Americans as morons.

As a matter of fact, we STILL possess the strongest muscle any country in this world envies thanks to the, oops, almost said it, President.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2309 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:54 PM »
AC,

You can't honestly compare America to Rome under Nero.  That demonstrates how far to the right you have progressed.  America is solid.  It is as stable a country as we have seen on this earth.  While there may be fluctuations, such are the ebb and flow of any society. 

I see no evidence that America is going down the rabbit hole.

Uhuh.  Right now, perhaps not.  However if you really are a Republican and if you really make honest financial projections, then you know that some real and almost radical changes need to be made to our budget.  I am not surprised though by your comment.  It's indicative of a population which is not really aware of possible dangers facing our economy.  What would happen to our economy if Iran gets their Nuke and starts a conflict in the ME while Putin simultaneously rolls a thousand tanks into Ukraine?  There are other scenarios as well.  Scenarios which will result in another 2008 or worse  (just my opinion any and all are welcome to disagree).

Offline bagalia

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2310 on: January 29, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »
AT THIS MOMENT there is no proof of direct involvement with the Russian army
That is ridiculous comment-- there is volumes of 'proof"
Most importantly, contract and volunteer forces are not considered to be Russian army (proper
Equally ridiculous comment-- it is straight out of Putin and Kremlin lying playbook-- saying they are not regular does not make it a fact. Perhaps you could explain how regular Russian army and special forces are getting killed in Ukraine? Who do you think are operating tanks,artillery,etc-- guys they just employed?
In case you missed it-- many links have been posted on this forum detailing how in fact the Russian Army regulars have been replacing the hired thugs and mercenaries in numerous areas across eastern Ukraine.
Trying to create shades of reinterpretation of the fact does not change the reality-- Putin and the Kremlin pump so much crap out in the hope to muddy the waters in the west-- and for home consumption.

I suggest that you send an immediate, urgent email to the Chief of general staff of ARMED FORCES Colonel-General Viktor Muženko and point him in the direction of your proof.

I will make it simple for you with the easy Bing translation of what he said.

"To date, we have only the facts of participation of individual soldiers of the armed forces of RUSSIA, citizens of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION as part of the illegal armed formations in combat. Fighting with the regular Russian army units to date, we do not maintain. We have enough forces and means to inflict the final even defeat illegal armed formation, "he said.

Such idiots these generals are.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2311 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »

Because you were rooting for that nincompoop who was this guy's predecessor who "stole" over 8 TRILLION dollars in less than 3 years and the country did NOT fall apart. The main reason why the rest of the world think of Americans as morons.

You truly are from a different planet pal.  The main reason the rest of the World thinks Americans are morons rests solely on the shoulders of Obama.  The world might have liked to criticize us under Bush Jr. but they respected us infinitely more.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2312 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:34 PM »
Uhuh.  Right now, perhaps not.  However if you really are a Republican and if you really make honest financial projections, then you know that some real and almost radical changes need to be made to our budget.  I am not surprised though by your comment.  It's indicative of a population which is not really aware of possible dangers facing our economy.  What would happen to our economy if Iran gets their Nuke and starts a conflict in the ME while Putin simultaneously rolls a thousand tanks into Ukraine?  There are other scenarios as well.  Scenarios which will result in another 2008 or worse  (just my opinion any and all are welcome to disagree).

Oh for heavens sake.

Please tell me right now, no google, how the deficit affects YOU directly.

Answer that in less than 2 minutes, I dare you. PAL

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2313 on: January 29, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
I'm waiting.

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2314 on: January 29, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

Oh for heavens sake.

Please tell me right now, no google, how the deficit affects YOU directly.

Answer that in less than 2 minutes, I dare you. PAL

Hint:  Don't reference Keynes. 

Interest rates, the lowest I have seen in my long life, would be even lower if that were possible.  So there, Mr. Liberal.   :D

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2315 on: January 29, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
I'm waiting.

Keep waiting.  Any attempt to educate you is clearly a waste of time.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2316 on: January 29, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
Keep waiting.  Any attempt to educate you is clearly a waste of time.

LMFAO

Couldn't get anything, eh?

I thought so. Just like most Russians in country, repeating the digested propaganda that sounds good to you.

Baa

Offline Taz

• Carpe diem...before it seizes you!
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2317 on: January 29, 2015, 11:40:34 PM »
I think this freedom report about sums it up.
http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2015/russia

2015 SCORES
STATUS
Russia - Not Free
FREEDOM RATING - 6.0
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

CIVIL LIBERTIES - 6
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

POLITICAL RIGHTS - 6
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)
(FYI - Crimea is a 6.5 and 7 is the worst possible). The 6.5 is the same rating as Gaza and South Ossetia. Last year Russia was 5 and now moving down toward less freedom. Who would have thought that such things would happen when you have a dictator running the country...

Quotes from the report.

"Crimea, evaluated separately for the first time for Freedom in the World 2015, emerged with a dismal freedom rating of 6.5 on a 7-point scale and a Not Free status, reflecting repressive conditions in which residents—especially Tatars and others who opposed the forced annexation—were deprived of their political rights and civil liberties. "

"Plummeting oil prices also revealed the weaknesses of Vladimir Putin’s dictatorship. But Russia’s problems run deeper than a vulnerability to the energy market. Corruption, cronyism, and the absence of the rule of law have discouraged investment and economic diversification. Pervasive propaganda has virtually eliminated critical voices from policy debates. And the absence of checks on presidential power has led to disastrous foreign adventures and diplomatic blunders. "

/sarcasm on Looks like it was of great benefit for Crimea to be taken over by Russia with respect to freedom. /sarcasm off

2015 SCORES
STATUS
Ukraine- Partly Free
FREEDOM RATING - 3.0
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

CIVIL LIBERTIES - 3
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

POLITICAL RIGHTS - 3
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

Last year Ukraine was a 4 and now moving up to a 3.
http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2015/ukraine
Read the entire report here.
http://www.freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/01152015_FIW_2015_final.pdf
It will of course be interesting to see how the Putin apologists explain this one away...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:53:02 PM by Taz »
Take time to learn the language. Even a little can go a long ways...

Get off your butt and go! Don't make excuses why you can't do it, find a way to make it work! Always go with a backup plan too!!!

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2318 on: January 30, 2015, 01:32:48 AM »
I think this freedom report about sums it up.
http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2015/russia

2015 SCORES
STATUS
Russia - Not Free
FREEDOM RATING - 6.0
(1 = BEST, 7 = WORST)

What! Not the full maximum 7 points?
What is the 1 point deduction for?
Freedom to eat as much dirt as your stomach desires?

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2319 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:10 AM »
Better hoard some more Ikea furniture before your rubles become even more worthless!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ruble-slides-past-70-per-110142576.html

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2320 on: January 30, 2015, 08:02:19 AM »
Taz I think in Russia's upside down world they consider the 7 to be the best score.  Ukraine has been getting worse, and Russia got better.  Who was it that said eating less is good for your health?  Might be true for some.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2321 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:57 PM »

Ukraine's military didn't back Yanukovych up with protection. The corrupt cops did though. If our president stole trillions from Americans, I's expect our troops and police to back off when American citizens physically remove him from power. There's a reason I believe citizens have the right to own guns and those guns should be used when government abuses their power. In my opinion, Ukrainians were rather peaceful. If Americans experienced the same corrupt and dysfunctional government Ukrainians had, we'd be much more violent.

What corrupt cops were protecting him?  I take it that is your opinion since I haven't read anything about corrupt cops helping him. Trillions?  Where did you pull that number from?

I think it's somewhat strange you and others feel Ukrainians are peaceful even after the Molotov cocktails and other damage they did.   The article I linked to earlier talked about guns being brought down from Lviv. 

Our cops are militarized these days.  Look at Ferguson, they did their best to shut it down quickly.  I'm not so sure we would get away with as much as you think.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:47:16 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2322 on: January 30, 2015, 03:12:19 PM »

What corrupt cops were protecting him? 

From what I've gathered it was pretty clear that Yano was in real danger for his life when most of his security were gone.  He probably had to flee or he might have been beaten or killed.  That part of the whole saga seems clear.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2323 on: January 30, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »

From what I've gathered it was pretty clear that Yano was in real danger for his life when most of his security were gone.  He probably had to flee or he might have been beaten or killed.  That part of the whole saga seems clear.

Fathertime!   

I doubt that.  He wasn't killed when he was in Kharkiv.  No Ukrainian politician, no matter their views, died because of their actions on Euromaidan.  You are grasping at straws!
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2324 on: January 30, 2015, 03:24:29 PM »

I doubt that.  He wasn't killed when he was in Kharkiv.  No Ukrainian politician, no matter their views, died because of their actions on Euromaidan.  You are grasping at straws!

Since it wasn't you it is easy for you to SAY!

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541283
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701