It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Getting married in Georgia to a FSU W  (Read 6095 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Getting married in Georgia to a FSU W
« on: December 06, 2019, 11:56:30 PM »
Well, it's going to happen

SC and I are ( finally) getting married ..

I'm in Georgia and have been to get the process started .. 

This is the Public Service Building in TBilisi

The staff all  speak English and Russian - you go to the building that looks like a series of mushrooms -  'charging' through the queue that offer you translations and offer you  ticket to 'avoid the queue' and collect a number from the info desk in the centre.

They tell you which zone to visit  ..marriage is # 15 and there was no queue..;)  We walked straight in ...

Now the funny part  .. I was with one of my biz partners - who was interested and will be a witness.  ..When I asked at the info desk (and when in front of the marriage registration desk) lass " can I register to get married?", the girls both flashed a look at Roma ;)

Having pointed out my intended was of the fairer sex, the conversation continued..

1/ Passports to be translated and notorised

2/ IF divorced  - an apostilled ( in your own country) document - then translated and notorised in Georgia for the parties previously married

NOTE .. in most FSU nations it is recorded in one's ID that one is married .. I was shocked that SC only has to declare that she has never married and that was accepted !

3/ We were told that non Georgian witnesses had to have their Passports notorised - ( 16 GEL each) - about $5 - but then it appears not ... we'll see ;)

Now, that plans are afoot ..SC has friends wanting to accompany her and 'help' with dressing, hair, make-up (?) etc., - so we have no idea who will try and cross the mountains on the appointed day ..

SC was going to fly, but it now seems there will be nearly 40 Kg of 'important things' to bring - so overland is back on the cards - as long as the snow holds off..

Roma, Misha and I are working and I will take time out to inspect apts for guests and the married couple 

Offline Gator

Re: Getting married in Georgia to a FSU W
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 04:24:36 PM »
Moby, 

We've had our differences, yet when it comes to affairs of the heart I congratulate you and wish the best to your lady. 

I sincerely wish all your dreams and plans run true.  If so, maybe you will stop being such a little bitch around here, and return to the level of fellowship you are capable of fostering.   :D

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
Moby comes up with a new way to avoid the "fancy white dress and suit scam". Swim to the wedding chapel.

:ROFL:              :devilish:

Seriously, Congratulations

:applause:

Best wishes, Grumpy
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:38:32 AM »
Hey Phil, thanks ..

I always thought YOU were the 'bitch' ;) ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »
Yep, Congratulations for if she turns up Mobe ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
Trench,

Yet another prediction that was WRONG..))

Today's the BIG day..!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 04:21:59 AM »
Good celebrations man.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »
Thanks, Pat..

There's about 250 photos..

But this will do.. for today..
)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 08:00:44 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Good night!

End to a crazy day...

More info tomorrow!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 11:46:43 AM »
Good night!

End to a crazy day...

More info tomorrow!

What happened on that bed?  ;D
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »
I am sure even Silly BillyB can try to imagine.

SC just just woken up ...so.. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 11:26:42 PM »
The Ceremony was held in Russian ;)

I can thoroughly recommend GE as a GREAT place to marry a FSU W as the officials at the offices where you 'set things up' speak both English and Russian  (as well as GE)  and they prepare your Marriage Certificate in the language of your choice - in addition to GE - for a small fee

Hopefully, our apostilled translation will be ready, today .

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »
Congratulations, moby!  May you have a long and happy marriage.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Getting married in Georgia to a FSU W
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
Congratulations Moby!

I wish you success!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Brillynt

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Congratulations Moby!

I hope you and your better half have a wonderful life together.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
 :clapping: Quite the gentleman you are Moby! :)

Both you and your spouse looked absolutely dashing together! One senses so much energy. My congratulations and best wishes to the both of you on this joyous occasion and may your days ahead be ever joyful and merry  :D
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »

Good to see you back Kyn. Hope something worked out with one of those girls you met last year.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words .

Indeed, Kyn ..... GREAT to hear from you ))

Svetlana has already left me  (

She has to fly to Russia (to get a Schengen Visa) via  Minsk

VVP placed a flight ban on GE, suggesting that it was a 'dangerous' place for Russians)

I will be working with my RU partners on a project, and then off on biz to a few places before SC and I can meet up for the holiday season.

We collected the Apostilled Marriage certificate,  translated into English and walked for miles last night. Tbilisi had an open air music concert in Liberty Square and the tourist areas were dead...Tbilisi is so quiet at this time of year...no need to book even the most popular restaurants!

SC shocked me by wolfing down my Pork Sheesh  (Shaslik)..She v.rarely
eats meat..

God I miss her already..

Walking aroundistance Tbilisi after our marriage ceremony...so many Georgians felt our love and and Ambuoanice stopped to take photos and then pushed out into the traffic using its siren and blue lights..

A priest stopped us and gave us a little book of prayers

THANK YOU, GE for the love and fun.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2019, 11:39:11 AM »
Good night!

I will add that all that dress shopping and trying on etc
worked out fabulously. She found a dress that really
accentuates her petite form.

Udachi!

Bill 
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 12:44:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words .

Indeed, Kyn ..... GREAT to hear from you ))

Good to see you back Kyn. Hope something worked out with one of those girls you met last year.

Thanks Moby. Likewise, Billy, good to see you're around and well and it's great to see many familiar chaps around.

Us young uns are still chugging along with our relatively inexperienced lives, planning and pondering over the days to come. I'm trying to finish up my D.Phil at the moment whilst my girl has two more years to go before she wraps up her degree in languages, and she's now legally above 18. We're currently not at the stage to be able to live together yet, though she's been literally almost in tears, begging, praying for the day we can move in together.

Every time I fly over to visit her every few months or so, her hunger for sexual intimacy has simply shocked the heck out of me. For almost every day that I'm with her, she's subtly giving suggestions now and then (flashing translucent lingerie, running kisses down the neck, undressing privately, dancing suggestively, suggesting foods which she says helps with erections and what not) that she wants some sexy time and oh my lord is her sex drive so ferocious every time I compliment her request that I literally have to sometimes ask her to slow down! :-[  :rolleyes: One wonders how I'll be able to keep up with that engine of hers in the future :-\

Most couples I know of, would probably have the man making the advances and suggesting sex more often than the spouse. Sometimes, I'm convinced perhaps it's simply my genetic predisposition that I simply was born with a sex drive that can be turned on or off. It certainly seems to run in the family.

Sexual intimacy to me has always been more akin to the cherry on top in relationships; something that isn't as important as drinking water and core to relationships and something that one doesn't necessarily thirst for to such an extent as to resort to masturbation. She tells me she frequently fantasises about me when she touches herself :D :crackwhip: I don't mind that, not one bit.

We've talked alot about the ideal place to settle down and have both agreed a place where it's sunny the whole year round with a stable climate would best suit us, especially places nearer to the equator. She's not a big fan of the Russian winter herself so I'm not the least bit surprised she's completely happy with my suggestions thus far.

Looking back, it certainly surprises me we've managed through so many difficult decisions together though that's perhaps fitting for another thread by itself. I certainly have her mama to thank for that. Lads, I can't stress enough of this. The old saying rings true. If her mama likes you (given she already does), there's literally no competition from other guys!

As always, one hopes for brighter days ahead and remains as cautiously optimistic as ever.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:51:25 PM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
Every time I fly over to visit her every few months or so, her hunger for sexual intimacy has simply shocked the heck out of me. For almost every day that I'm with her, she's subtly giving suggestions now and then (flashing translucent lingerie, running kisses down the neck, undressing privately, dancing suggestively, suggesting foods which she says helps with erections and what not) that she wants some sexy time and oh my lord is her sex drive so ferocious every time I compliment her request that I literally have to sometimes ask her to slow down! :-[  :rolleyes: One wonders how I'll be able to keep up with that engine of hers in the future :-\

Those are the times you gotta MAN up. Glad to hear things are going well with you and the lady. I'm rooting for you to finish up school, get a good job, get married and have a great life.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2019, 05:37:56 PM »

Been wondering how it's been going Kyn, good to hear it is going well for you :)

I find too that Ukrainian/Russian women can be a bit fast and frantic at it. They don't seem to realise that it doesn't quite work like that for a lot of guys. Plenty of foreplay beforehand is the answer, slow and gentle rather than fast and furious. As a guy I find it's the mind that needs to be turned on the most, then the rest will follow :P
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 05:41:34 PM »
Thanks, Pat..

There's about 250 photos..

But this will do.. for today..
)

Mobe, what's with all the fancy dress here, are you taking part in some kind of Christmas Panto production ;D

For some reason looks like it warrented a stay on the budget option at the Ibis :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:43:26 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
Congratulations Moby 🥂🍾...... and congratulations to you too  Kyn. Sounds like you’re living the dream also 👍

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2019, 03:42:11 AM »

For some reason looks like it warrented a stay on the budget option at the Ibis :D

I realise you are bored at the night shift Trench, while others live the dream AND work.

The 'Ibis' is an apartment overlooking the Old City of Tbilisi, with balconies on two sides and a bath for two where one can seat and take in the wonderful panoramic views...

On your 'salary' you couldn't afford it!.....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM