It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Visa Options for Ukrainians  (Read 12167 times)

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Visa Options for Ukrainians
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »
My first thought is to just go ask a Immigration Lawyer.. But Than I thought of you guys.....

Or should I try this myself...

Is a Fiance Visa still the best option at this time or has their been any major changes..

She is a practicing nurse.  I am not sure Perhaps Signing she up for some Medical and English class at a local university. Is their education loophole?

P.S. I know I argue with a few people here. I like to argue.
But I am gonna disappoint you and be serious for a bit...
You are correct... Just cut the bull and get to the point works best....

We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline TagUrIt898

Re: Visa Options for Ukrainians
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:41:58 PM »
Well I guess what the first thing I would want to know is do you intend to marry this person?  I know tourist visas are pretty hard to come by, especially with the war still going on.  As far as I've heard, there have NOT been any changes to the process to make it easier.   So if your intent is to marry this girl, than by all means, why wouldn't you do the K1?  If you're just trying to get her to the U.S. remember that there are guidelines for how many times you/she can apply for K1. Make sure this is the choice you both wanna make before going down that path.

Tag

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »
My first thought is to just go ask a Immigration Lawyer.. But Than I thought of you guys.....

Alright, let's not hold back how we really feel about each other. I've had you on my mind too man.

Is a Fiance Visa still the best option at this time or has their been any major changes..

It worked for me without major problems but you still have to deal with the government in getting her permanent green card by supplying more evidence your marriage is real years after she initially comes over.

She is a practicing nurse.  I am not sure Perhaps Signing she up for some Medical and English class at a local university. Is their education loophole?

Only those getting their nursing education in the Philippines and the UK are allowed to transfer their education in America without penalties. Most likely nothing she learned will transfer in America. She'll most likely have to start over.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply...

WE have spoken on this subject more and we are leaning for a K1...

I asked around my political circles and  a 30 year Veteran Immigration Lawyer from Chicago, has offer help.. I will post any useful information he might have for me...

From my personal research a K1 should be some what easy to get if it is first time for both people....

She happens to have diabetes, how are medical issues such as this handled? Any info would be of great help...
Transfer of medical records, how does this work in general?
Caleb Maupin

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply...

WE have spoken on this subject more and we are leaning for a K1...

I asked around my political circles and  a 30 year Veteran Immigration Lawyer from Chicago, has offer help.. I will post any useful information he might have for me...

From my personal research a K1 should be some what easy to get if it is first time for both people....

She happens to have diabetes, how are medical issues such as this handled? Any info would be of great help...
Transfer of medical records, how does this work in general?

You can do a K-1 yourself. A lawyer in the mix will cause delays and muddy the water. It's relatively easy. If you can do your taxes you can get through a K-1. Go to visajourney.com and read up. You can download all of the forms you'll need for the K-1 and form your packet.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:41:46 PM »

Some people have been denied a K-1 due to possessing transferable diseases or mental issues that may cause them to do harm to themselves or others. Even so, there are waivers for this to get their denial reversed. Your fiancée shouldn't have a problem but if she gets denied, you will have to do the waiver.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »
I have an account with RapidVisa.com and I'll be utilizing their services for our K1.  I have no doubt that we should get approved. We don't have any outstanding issues and we should have a pretty straight forward case.  With all that being said, I realize that some people choose to do their own applications. I talked with my future fiancé and we both agreed to avoid any typographical or minor errors and risk a delay in the process, we will go with the visa service.  Yes you could use a lawyer, but why pay the extra extra costs?  Yes it cost to use a visa service, but it won't be nearly as much as hiring an attorney.  In the end, you have to do what's best for you and yours. Also I don't think her having diabetes should be an issue at ALL. It's medical condition, but certainly NOT a communicable disease.  Best of luck with the visa process and even more so with your future relationship.

Tag

Offline oso

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:20 AM »
If she could come on a tourist visa...and you would surprise her "honey lets get married" and marry her. She could adjust status here....The key word is "intent" ....She came to visit you...she had no intention in getting married until you surprised her

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »
I have an account with RapidVisa.com and I'll be utilizing their services for our K1.  I have no doubt that we should get approved. We don't have any outstanding issues and we should have a pretty straight forward case.  With all that being said, I realize that some people choose to do their own applications. I talked with my future fiancé and we both agreed to avoid any typographical or minor errors and risk a delay in the process, we will go with the visa service.  Yes you could use a lawyer, but why pay the extra extra costs?  Yes it cost to use a visa service, but it won't be nearly as much as hiring an attorney.  In the end, you have to do what's best for you and yours. Also I don't think her having diabetes should be an issue at ALL. It's medical condition, but certainly NOT a communicable disease.  Best of luck with the visa process and even more so with your future relationship.

Tag
The only issue I would have with a visa service or an attorney for that matter is that if they do make a mistake, its going to cost you additional time (months) till approval. Diabetes should not be a factor in her approval...
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
talked with my future fiancé and we both agreed to avoid any typographical or minor errors and risk a delay in the process, we will go with the visa service. 

No . . . you will INCREASE the chance of typographical or minor errors and risk delays . . . if you use ANYONE other than yourself to do this.  Experienced or not . . . NO ONE will be as careful as you will be.

And YOU have to come up with every single piece of paper and fact that is needed.  The typists only do that . . . just type in the info that YOU have to gather.

Uneducated, illegal immigrants successfully fill out the paperwork themselves.  There are many such on Visa Journey that you can follow along their cases.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
No . . . you will INCREASE the chance of typographical or minor errors and risk delays . . . if you use ANYONE other than yourself to do this.  Experienced or not . . . NO ONE will be as careful as you will be.

And YOU have to come up with every single piece of paper and fact that is needed.  The typists only do that . . . just type in the info that YOU have to gather.

Uneducated, illegal immigrants successfully fill out the paperwork themselves.  There are many such on Visa Journey that you can follow along their cases.
Definitely agree here...
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Muzh

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »

Or should I try this myself...

P.S. I know I argue with a few people here. I like to argue.
But I am gonna disappoint you and be serious for a bit...
You are correct... Just cut the bull and get to the point works best....

First, in NYS if you are not accredited by NYS Ed Department, meaning you have to comply with all their requirements, you cannot LEGALLY practice as a nurse.
http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/

Second, if you have a foreign degree that is not accredited in the US, she'll have to start from scratch. That's also here in NYS.

Third, education loophole is between two universities, in your case something like Clarkson and Kyiv Medical Institute. (Just an example.)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
If she could come on a tourist visa...and you would surprise her "honey lets get married" and marry her. She could adjust status here....The key word is "intent" ....She came to visit you...she had no intention in getting married until you surprised her

Ha Ha

Good luck with that. :P
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline alex330

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »

This is what many couples do these days. We know quite a few and it worked better than the "traditional" route...

EDIT - many single women also do this. They know they can find a guy easily once in country for a bit. Just met a single yoga instructor from Kiev last weekend who has been here 3 months. Chances she will land a guy are pretty good I would think.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:12:44 PM by alex330 »

Offline ArbatUSA

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »
So, what is our options to get married and legally leave here in US?
1. in USA? And after that apply to change the status?
2. in Canada ? (does she needs VISA to Canada if we go to Niagara Falls?) Any special things to know about Canada?
3. Her country? or any other country?
4. Apply for K1 and after that?
5. Some other ways?
Please 

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 12:56:43 PM »
Just met a single yoga instructor from Kiev last weekend who has been here 3 months. Chances she will land a guy are pretty good I would think.

If she came in on Tourist Visa, then she is working illegally. 

This is one thing that will queer an AOS, even when married to a US Citizen.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 09:00:32 PM »
So, what is our options to get married and legally leave here in US?

Are you a US citizen and is the woman you're talking about in America now and if so, what type of visa did she come here with?

2. in Canada ? (does she needs VISA to Canada if we go to Niagara Falls?) Any special things to know about Canada?

If her citizenship is from a country Canada requires a visa, she will need a visa to enter Canada...unless she has a Green Card.

3. Her country? or any other country?

Not sure what you're asking.

4. Apply for K1 and after that?

If you do a k-1, she has to return home to complete the process. Once the process is completed, she can come to America and must marry you within 90 days or go back home.

5. Some other ways?

Ways to do what exactly?

Please

Where's "pretty"?

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 06:14:49 PM »
Getting a tourist visa from Ukraine to America is possible.

I know of one woman from Moldavia who came to The States on a J1 visa, fell in love, and married not returning to Chisnau.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
What happens with a J1? They get married and then do an adjustment of status? 

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »
As I understand yes. The grooms father owns a tourist oriented resteurant. Evidently the father chastised to two for embarrassing public displays of 'affection.' She is now in college in Rhode Island.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ArbatUSA

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »

Are you a US citizen and is the woman you're talking about in America now and if so, what type of visa did she come here with?

Im not US citizen yet, but soon will be. Woman is not in America, she is in Ukraine. She got B1/B2 Visa for 10 years Multi-entries.

If her citizenship is from a country Canada requires a visa, she will need a visa to enter Canada...unless she has a Green Card.

She is Ukrainian, most likely required visa.

Not sure what you're asking.

Other countries where we can legally get married and I can bring her here as wife with K3 visa?

If you do a k-1, she has to return home to complete the process. Once the process is completed, she can come to America and must marry you within 90 days or go back home.

Probably most reasonable option

Ways to do what exactly?

Is there any ways to marriage with Ukrainian woman other than using K1 visa 

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Getting married is not the problem.

You can easily marry her when you are together in Ukraine, USA or many other countries.

Getting her permanent residence status in USA is the hurdle.

Two standard alternatives, after you become USA citizen:

1) Apply for the K-1 visa.  She comes to USA, you two get married within 90 days, she applies for AOS (adjustment of status) to obtain Green Card.

2) You two get married somewhere.  She returns to Ukraine and applies for CR Spousal Visa to enter USA.

Timing is roughly the same for both options, and things can go wrong with either.

With option 1, the two of you go without sex with each other before marriage while K-1 is being processed.

With option 2, the two of you go without sex as a married couple, while CR is being processed.

Offline ArbatUSA

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
Even after you get married..
Your spouse is still a Ukrainian citizen.

So they will still need a International Passport issued by their home country ?

So you can go to places other than Ukraine or the USA...

Am I correct?
Caleb Maupin

Offline alex330

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »

Am I correct?

Correct. And she will still need a VISA for those places that require it of Ukrainian citizens. Nothing changes in that manner, except re-entry into the US is easier with a green card.

While married my wife had to return to Ukraine and renew her international passport even.

And when she first arrives and is waiting her combo card (work and travel permit) she cannot leave the US.

EDIT - entry into some countries with a US green card may also be easier. We visited both Mexico and Costa Rica and while taking out a VISA for both we were later informed it was not necessary. But you know how that goes...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:22:38 AM by alex330 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 04:27:15 PM »

Am I correct?

Your wife will always be a Ukrainian citizen unless she wants to take the steps to become an American citizen. When you go to the interview for the 10 year green card, the interviewer, if you pass, should tell you both your wife must wait 3 years till she can take the test to become an American citizen. Alex is correct that your wife's American green card will get her into some countries where she'd normally need a visa.

Offline alex330

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
When you go to the interview for the 10 year green card, the interviewer, if you pass, should tell you both your wife must wait 3 years till she can take the test to become an American citizen.

I was recently advised otherwise. We had some issues with my wife's 10 year green card recently and I walked my ass into my State Reps office. Turned out the visit was useless, but I was informed that if you are married to a US citizen you can technically apply for citizenship 3 years after you receive your 2 year green card.

"If you are applying based on 5 years as a Permanent Resident or 3 years as a Permanent Resident married to a U.S. citizen, you may file for naturalization up to 90 days before you meet the "continuous residence" requirement."

His aide mentioned my wife should overstay and start that process if she was denied her 10 year green card.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:42:08 PM by alex330 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 05:02:12 PM »
I was recently advised otherwise. We had some issues with my wife's 10 year green card recently and I walked my ass into my State Reps office. Turned out the visit was useless,

Our Congressmen can't break the law for us but they can influence the agencies that give us problems. They can talk to the higher ups in those agencies to help grant waivers or whatever you need to get around the problem and there are always ways around anything. If Darth Budda's wife decides to go after American citizenship, they should talk to their interviewer about the process. Laws can change year to year and he'll best answer their questions.

Offline alex330

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Our Congressmen can't break the law for us but they can influence the agencies that give us problems. They can talk to the higher ups in those agencies to help grant waivers or whatever you need to get around the problem and there are always ways around anything.

My rep told me he cannot contact agencies for me. And he actually did happen break the law multiple times and was at one point impeached...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
My rep told me he cannot contact agencies for me.

Either his office doesn't know how to use phones, he's lazy, or he lied.

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 02:07:29 PM »
Yes, spouse of US citizen can get citizenship 3 years after date of first green card.  They can file 90 days before the three year point.

Other green card holders can get citizenship 5 years after first green card.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

Either his office doesn't know how to use phones, he's lazy, or he lied.

I never agree with Billy except on this one occasion.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541393
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701