It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Planning a trip in St Pete this summer  (Read 7289 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Planning a trip in St Pete this summer
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »
Hi everybody,

We are planning a trip in Russia because my mother want to invite us.

So my wife is still having an ukrainian international and national passport. She also has a french resident permit.
Her daughter (12 years) has an international ukrainian passport, father's approval and a french authorization for minors.
My mother and i are french.

It seems to be that my wife and her daughther don't need any visas, is this correct?

Thank you for your opinion.

Any good plan in St Pete?  We schedule to rent an appartment and use a local service tour, specialized for frenchies (for my mum.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Planning a trip in St Pete this summer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 02:27:52 AM »

So my wife is still having an ukrainian international and national passport. She also has a french resident permit.
Her daughter (12 years) has an international ukrainian passport, father's approval and a french authorization for minors.

It seems to be that my wife and her daughther don't need any visas, is this correct?

Any good plan in St Pete?  We schedule to rent an appartment and use a local service tour, specialized for frenchies (for my mum.

Hi

You are correct in assuming that - currently - Ukrainians do not need a visa to visit Russia

I haven't been to Piter for 12 years - so I'm not up on the best companies / apartments - but I recommend going in Spring/ Summer / Autumn - so'll you'll see Peterhof and Tsarskoye Selo - in addition to the Hermitage.

Enjoy your trip
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »
Thank you,
we will go this summer. That will be great.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 12:52:21 PM »
I will be also visiting st petersburg in the summer, should be a great trip.
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »
Hi everybody,

Hi Patagonie,

Great to see you posting.  I don't know about visa requirements for a trip to Russia, but I can recommend places to visit.

1.  I love the park with the bronze replicas of famous places in Peter.  That was a win.  And you can sit down at a table with Peter, himself.

2.  If you go to Petergof, make sure you experience, first hand, the humor of Peter.  Especially with his hidden sprinkler systems.

3.  When you go to the Hermitage, buy your tickets from the automated dispensaries and then you will wait only half the time in line.

4.  And try my favorite restaurant, Schengen.

Have a wonderful trip.  We miss you on here.

-j
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 01:48:05 AM »
I will be also visiting st petersburg in the summer, should be a great trip.
If we have the same agenda we can meet in St Pete.
I will let you know our dates.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 01:51:55 AM »
Hi Patagonie,

Great to see you posting.  I don't know about visa requirements for a trip to Russia, but I can recommend places to visit.

1.  I love the park with the bronze replicas of famous places in Peter.  That was a win.  And you can sit down at a table with Peter, himself.

2.  If you go to Petergof, make sure you experience, first hand, the humor of Peter.  Especially with his hidden sprinkler systems.

3.  When you go to the Hermitage, buy your tickets from the automated dispensaries and then you will wait only half the time in line.

4.  And try my favorite restaurant, Schengen.

Have a wonderful trip.  We miss you on here.

-j

Hi Jone, I miss also my favorite fellows here.
I am waterproof so i believe that i can handle the humor of Peter and let the surprise to the rest of my family.

Schengen restaurant, easy to remember for a frenchie.

Thank you Jone.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
Hi everybody,

Hiya Pat!

Seems you are still honeymoonig. Good job.

Enjoy the rip and hope there are no problems with entry.

Bon Chance.  ;D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »

Patagonie, St. Petersburg is the most beautiful FSU city I've been to. I think you'll like it too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »
Patagonie, St. Petersburg is the most beautiful FSU city I've been to in the world. I think you'll like it too.

Fixed it for you, Billy!  ;D

Pat - welcome back!  The Hermitage has a great website, which includes a virtual tour.  Get your tickets from that and you can walk straight up to the entry without worrying about a queue.  If you're a museum/palace sort of guy (and especially if the ladies are) you'll swoon with all the different choices - Hermitage, Peterhof, Catherine and Alexander Palaces, Russian Museum, Natural History Museum (to see the mammoths), Peter and Paul Fortress, St Isaak's and Kazansky Cathedrals, Alexander Nevsky Monastery, the cruiser Aurora...the list goes on and on.  Shopping on Nevsky Prospekt - apart from the obvious, one that's perfect for football fans is the outlet shop for Zenit.  Take at least one cruise around the canals or out around the islands on the north side of the Neva.

I've been there twice and only scratched the surface.  Have a GREAT trip!  :thumbsup:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
The Hermitage has a great website, which includes a virtual tour. 

Lots of great things to see in the Hermitage but when I went, it was hot and stuffy. I would think they'd do a better job of controlling the climate in there. I dug back into one of my trip reports years ago to get this photo of me at the Hermitage.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 05:09:38 AM »
Akiwi, check out San Sebastian (Donostia in Basque), Spain for competition in the 'most beautiful city in the world' contest.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 03:42:20 AM »
Akiwi, check out San Sebastian (Donostia in Basque), Spain for competition in the 'most beautiful city in the world' contest.

One of these years, if I'm lucky!  :D 

Vienna was my number one before I went to Russia.  The other city that everyone else raves about is Prague, but that's another which I haven't yet seen.  However, a friend from here moved to Prague last year to be with his girlfriend, so it would be a good excuse to visit.

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 06:58:04 AM »
The Hermitage has a great website, which includes a virtual tour. 

Skip the Hermitage.
If you really want to see great museums . . . go to the Smithsonian group in Washington, DC.

And they are free.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
Skip the Hermitage.
If you really want to see great museums . . . go to the Smithsonian group in Washington, DC.

And they are free.

Since Pat is taking his family to St Petersburg, and asked for information on that city, your post is irrelevant.

However, if I'm ever in Washington, the Smithsonian group is the number one thing on my list - starting with Air and Space.  :thumbsup:

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 03:55:37 AM »
The original Air and Space is great; don't forget the large exhibit extension to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, located near Dulles International Airport:

http://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934