It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439659 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Moby,

Each of the countries you mentioned have less than 500 new cases per day with the exception of UK.  Yes the virus is not gone (including Italy with a couple hundred per day) but these numbers are, or should be well within track trace and isolate requirements.

Above 1000 and it gets really dicey.  Forget 40,000 which is an impossible task.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Moby,

Each of the countries you mentioned have less than 500 new cases per day with the exception of UK.  Yes the virus is not gone (including Italy with a couple hundred per day) but these numbers are, or should be well within track trace and isolate requirements.

Above 1000 and it gets really dicey.  Forget 40,000 which is an impossible task.

Hi BC, I appreciate ( that other than the UK ) cases are lower, but look at Germany

1,700 cases  at one plant resulting in 360k being (re)locked down and and a lot of angry people who may not do the right thing and prevent spreading the virus ..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/24/west-germany-district-re-enters-lockdown-after-new-covid-19-outbreak

It's not gone away and cleary has the ability to swamp us, if not careful

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
hey dumb phuques!
scientists discovered a treatment that can reduce COVID19 transmission by 70%, and its just a piece a cloth you wear in front of your dumb phuqueing face...
check it out AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE
THANX!!

Offline BC

Hi BC, I appreciate ( that other than the UK ) cases are lower, but look at Germany

Moby,

You are looking at success and not a failure.  The cluster was detected, tracked, traced and follow up done, including a localized lockdown and a ton of new testing. Other measures are being taken as well.

Offline Gator

Yes the virus is not gone (including Italy with a couple hundred per day) but these numbers are, or should be well within track trace and isolate requirements.

Again, the individual states have responsibility for protecting public health. Some US states have limited contact tracing capability, and that fact is showing in higher numbers. 

The best contact tracing not only identifies those in the first ring (having contact with an infected person)  but the second ring too (those who had contact with the first ring).  This second ring could be an order of magnitude larger in numbers, even more in many cases. 

Some of the current Federal legislation proposes to increase contact tracing significantly.  Instead I would prefer what was done in the old days of Civil Defense when we had plans for fallout shelters. etc.  It is too late for COVID-19, yet my opinion is to train in advance select government employees, especially those whose jobs would not be needed in the next pandemic (e. g., park employees, librarians,....).   

Offline BC

Gator,

a lot is being learned as we go along.  Just heard that at least here, use of the overhead bins in aeroplanes has been banned with all luggage checked free to destination.  Actually quite nice as folks will stay in their seat until it is their turn to deplane.  Prevents the big huddle where everyone stands up at once digging for their luggage and compressing folks in the aisle.

Offline Gator

At its peak in early April, Florida was reporting about 1500 new cases per day.  That stat declined to 300-700 per day, enabling reopening in phases starting in early May. 

Rates increased to 1,000 per day, and grew slightly until Phase 2 of the reopening starting in  early June.    Then the rates accelerated to 2,000....3,000......4,000....setting a record yesterday of 5,000.  Today, the number of reported new cases is almost 9,000!!!! 

The age group reporting the most infections is the 25 - 34-yo range.  Today the Governor has banned the sale of alcohol at bars. 

[deleted graphic as it blew past the margins]

Maybe the accelerated COVID infection rates is made worse by enclosed spaces.  The summer heat has driven us Floridians to air conditioned spaces.  In contrast, many of our restaurants and bars had open-air seating in the winter. 

Let us hope the fatality rate of today's COVID remains low as experienced so far.  IMO this is due to evolutionary selection (not hospitalizing nor killing the host enable more spreading)

The next two weeks will be telling.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Today the Governor has banned the sale of alcohol at bars. 

But the bars are allowed to stay open? What are they going to serve? Milk and cookies?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

People infected with the coronavirus are turning into zombies. Well, not that bad but their cells are.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/inside-body-coronavirus-even-more-150022628.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Interesting tale of a guy from Scotland who reckons he'd be dead if in any other country .. he was in Vietnam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53196009

Patient 91: How Vietnam saved a British pilot and kept a clean Covid-19 sheet

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
At its peak in early April, Florida was reporting about 1500 new cases per day.  That stat declined to 300-700 per day, enabling reopening in phases starting in early May. 

Rates increased to 1,000 per day, and grew slightly until Phase 2 of the reopening starting in  early June.    Then the rates accelerated to 2,000....3,000......4,000....setting a record yesterday of 5,000.  Today, the number of reported new cases is almost 9,000!!!! 

The age group reporting the most infections is the 25 - 34-yo range.  Today the Governor has banned the sale of alcohol at bars. 

[deleted graphic as it blew past the margins]

Maybe the accelerated COVID infection rates is made worse by enclosed spaces.  The summer heat has driven us Floridians to air conditioned spaces.  In contrast, many of our restaurants and bars had open-air seating in the winter. 

Let us hope the fatality rate of today's COVID remains low as experienced so far.  IMO this is due to evolutionary selection (not hospitalizing nor killing the host enable more spreading)

The next two weeks will be telling.

That's pretty shocking figures and it looks like it's going to get worse in the US.

In the UK we could soon be following the US. It's like they just don't care anymore about the virus and are rushing to reopen everything. I personally think the gov have been told it's just a case of relaunch the economy and whoever gets it and dies does so. I reckon tgeghave been told they don't really have a choice now.

I think the number will rise above R and one way or another the world is going to have to ride this one out, either through it becoming less deadly, vaccine or eventually doing everyone in.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

Interesting tale of a guy from Scotland who reckons he'd be dead if in any other country .. he was in Vietnam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53196009

Patient 91: How Vietnam saved a British pilot and kept a clean Covid-19 sheet

There are Western trained doctors and dentists in Vietnam so I'm sure he got the best treatment since he's a high profile case in the country. Vietnam borders China and reports a few hundred infections and zero deaths. My mom keeps up on Vietnamese social media and she says it's a lot worse than they're reporting.

Offline msmob

When you didn't believe the figures, previously, I asked a Cypriot mate of man who's married to a Vietnamese lady .. She seemed to believe the numbers . may be she's gullible, but the pilot is certainly grateful !  ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
There are Western trained doctors and dentists in Vietnam so I'm sure he got the best treatment since he's a high profile case in the country. Vietnam borders China and reports a few hundred infections and zero deaths. My mom keeps up on Vietnamese social media and she says it's a lot worse than they're reporting.

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy all the difference between countries with some countries seemingly faring so much better than others. Some countries the virus seems to behave so much differently that they are virtually immune from it, lol.

There are probably reasons for variations but I'm not sure the variations account for such a big difference between those where the virus seems rampant and those where it hardly seems to touch anyone.

Ukraine is now stating they are getting over 1000 cases a day. I think it's conceivable that some countries will be affected later than others but there is the case over differences in recording it I guess. I reckon some countries economies are too poor to endure much if any of a lockdown so they decided they just have to get on with it best they can and make out things are all ok.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Looking like things are looking bad in the US:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/us-health-secretary-window-closing-stop-coronavirus-cases-pass-25m

I'm not sure if they will hold it together out there if things continue at that rate.

Offline msmob

Looking like things are looking bad in the US:

I'm not sure if they will hold it together out there if things continue at that rate.

..and why the UK govt ignores the advice of many scientists, we're not already heading down the same perilous route?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53212435

Coronavirus: UK 'on knife edge' ahead of lockdown easing, scientist warns

Leicester?

Angelsey ?

500k twats heading to Bournemouth beach ?

As ever, you are out of touch with reality ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
..and why the UK govt ignores the advice of many scientists, we're not already heading down the same perilous route?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53212435

Coronavirus: UK 'on knife edge' ahead of lockdown easing, scientist warns

Leicester?

Angelsey ?

500k twats heading to Bournemouth beach ?

As ever, you are out of touch with reality ..

Indeed, I almost forgot, how long are you into your current stay Mobe?

Yes I can see the UK following the US. Don't worry though Mobe I'm keeping up my use of protective gloves and medical grade face mask :)

This may end up the start of a whole new world order.

Offline msmob

No need to wear a mask when the shops come to you, Trench ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
No need to wear a mask when the shops come to you, Trench ..

You mean you haven't gone outside in all this time!!! :o

Offline msmob

When has there been a rule in England to wear a mask when taking exercise?

When the village was on lockdown ...we could walk down the middle of the road....no cars)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
If true, and other non-political studies aligns universally, the tragedy in this is, there could’ve been so many more people that could’ve been saved.

I’ve said before, if only one life is saved, it’s one life worth the effort. I wish those who politicized and campaigned to demonize this treatment, be infected, fall gravely ill, then rely to the same to save their own.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

The US is now closely tracking with the LANL pandemic model’s worst case scenario!

see below:
http://covid-19.bsvgateway.org/

If the current trend continues, we will more than double current confirmed cases by mid August (approx 5.7 million)
and then we’ll be just 6 weeks away from flu season when this thing “EXPLODES”
this country is gonna be COMPLETELY phuqued 6 months from now!!!

THE END!
DAS VADANYA MFers!!!
enjoy the JonesTown KoolAid Trump Voters, drink up!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:06:08 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

The US is now closely tracking with the LANL pandemic model’s worst case scenario!

see below:
http://covid-19.bsvgateway.org/

If the current trend continues, we will more than double current confirmed cases by mid August (approx 5.7 million)
and then we’ll be just 6 weeks away from flu season when this thing “EXPLODES”
this country is gonna be COMPLETELY phuqued 6 months from now!!!

THE END!
DAS VADANYA MFers!!!
enjoy the JonesTown KoolAid Trump Voters, drink up!!

Bartender! A double on the watermelon flavor, please!
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online krimster2

here you go sir!
enjoy your drink!
на здоровье!!!  haha

but don't you think this whole "Floyd George" thing is just a total miscarriage of justice?

Offline GQBlues

Derek Chauvin is as guilty as sin, and deserves every bit of punishment coming to him. He not only murdered George Floyd, he manage to also murdered the trust, unity and respect within the entire US society along with it.

Beyond this, social/civil politicization of everything else that shadowed this unfortunate tragedy is asinine.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:47:34 AM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541007
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1893
Total: 1904

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM