It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???  (Read 2152 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???
« on: March 23, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »

Wife has a close relative living in Kyiv.  30 yr old, with wife, and 2 boys 6 yrs and younger.
He is a Veterinarian and owns very successful clinic with 49 yr old partner.
They have a staff of around 10 and are all healthy and under age 30, except for the partner.
He, the wife, and both boys have gone through illness for past 2 months that he now believes was Corona.  All of the staff also have gone through this and survived.
He wasn’t the first at his clinic to become sick.
One staff member is now in hospital and has tested positive for Corona strengthening idea that they did have Corona.  He is doing fairly well.
Wife just heard about this positive test for Corona today.
None were tested before, because no testing available.
Wife told this man 3 weeks or so ago when he was sick that he should close his clinic.
He became very angry at this suggestion, and a couple of days later Ukrainian government asked the vet clinics to not close.

I don’t know what to think.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine ???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »
Who cheats on who?
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 03:16:43 PM »
Who cheats on who?

Pat, I don't understand your comment.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »
humor on "it seems to be that there are many cross relationships in this company, because all people got sick" humor off.
No intention to offense you or your relatives ML. Excuse my maybe dark humor.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 03:29:01 PM »

My MIL is in Ivano Frankivsk and everything not essential is closed. She doesn't want to come back to America yet and she is fine if she has to stay there many more months.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 03:52:29 PM »
My MIL is in Ivano Frankivsk and everything not essential is closed. She doesn't want to come back to America yet and she is fine if she has to stay there many more months.
I think that the best is to avoid any travels right now.
Imagine you land in a quarantine area for 3 weeks
The number of cases of the Diamond Princess ship was 25% in two weeks, so if you really want to get the CV try this type of adventure!

Offline ML

Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine - - - now bad !!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »

Wife has a close relative living in Kyiv.  30 yr old, with wife, and 2 boys 6 yrs and younger.
He is a Veterinarian and owns very successful clinic with 49 yr old partner.
They have a staff of around 10 and are all healthy and under age 30, except for the partner.
He, the wife, and both boys have gone through illness for past 2 months that he now believes was Corona.  All of the staff also have gone through this and survived.
He wasn’t the first at his clinic to become sick.
One staff member is now in hospital and has tested positive for Corona strengthening idea that they did have Corona.  He is doing fairly well.
Wife just heard about this positive test for Corona today.
None were tested before, because no testing available.
My wife told this man 3 weeks or so ago when he was sick that he should close his clinic.
He became very angry at this suggestion, and a couple of days later Ukrainian government asked the vet clinics to not close.

I don’t know what to think.

A bad update to the above.  The 17 year old brother of the wife of veterinarian noted above often visited the clinic just to hang out.

He now has been in hospital in serious condition for a week or so.
No real determination, but they think his immune system is attacking itself, or some such.

Cost is running $200 a day and parents have run out of money.

Ochka tells me that we are going to pay for his care.

I agreed.

Offline BillyB

Re: A ‘good’ Corona outcome in Ukraine - - - now bad !!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 07:28:05 PM »
No real determination, but they think his immune system is attacking itself, or some such.

Cost is running $200 a day and parents have run out of money.

$200 a day for medical care in Ukraine is steep. I thought socialized medicine was supposed to take care of people without extra costs.

He wasn't given a COVID-19 test? In some people with COVID-19, the body's immune system can go into overdrive creating so much anti bodies that the anti bodies attack everything, including living tissue. Some people's lungs can look like a honeycomb after a battle with COVID-19 and they could be on oxygen bottles for the rest of their lives if they survive.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 09:41:50 PM »
My experience with medical services in Ukraine is limited however I do know the prices for care is going up.  My MIL is in and out of the hospital on and off due to high blood pressure.  I don't recall if the hospitalization itself is expensive but if you want to eat, your relatives bring you food.  What has gone up in cost is the medications you need to take after being released to home.

Also, when my step-son had to go to a followup visit to the doctor at a Kyiv hospital, Larissa paid him under the table.  I guess this is typical of how it works with socialized medicine.  What I thought was hilarious was that the 'handoff' of the currency is done similar to a drug deal so no one sees it.  Maybe Boe can explain why it's done this way when it is almost mandatory and everyone does the same thing.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
One outcome indirectly related to coronavirus may not be good for Ukraine. 

The oil surplus war started by Russia and Saudi is slamming the US oil industry.  It is hurting the American economy, already hurt by the pandemic.  Trump is talking with all parties.  I am certain Putin is demanding relief from sanctions placed on Russia after unlawfully seizing Crimea.   

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 10:00:09 AM »
Hi ML,

Any updates on your in-laws' brother? 

Offline ML

Update: 17 year old boy in Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:56 AM »
Hi ML,

Any updates on your in-laws' brother?

Hi Steve, thanks for asking.  I was thinking of posting an update, but never got around to it.

So, he was diagnosed (as best they could) with Crohn's Disease, which many of you know is serious and no real cure has been found.

This 17 year old boy is about 6 foot 4 inches tall and went down from 140 pounds to about 110 pounds.

He was stabilized finally and discharged from hospital, and is being cared for at home.

Latest news was that he is entering a trial program run jointly by an American firm and Ukrainian clinic.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 11:00:14 PM »
Good news?  More like mixed news, I guess?

I thought I saw a few commercials a while back for a drug for Crohn's disease, but I may be mistaken.  I confuse it with Celiac's disease because both are auto-immune diseases of the intestines.  I think the drug may have been for Celiac's.

Hope he gets better.  I have read that some people, for lack of a better term, grow out of it - their body changes and the trigger for the immune response disappears.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 06:48:53 AM »
Good news?  More like mixed news, I guess?

I thought I saw a few commercials a while back for a drug for Crohn's disease, but I may be mistaken.  I confuse it with Celiac's disease because both are auto-immune diseases of the intestines.  I think the drug may have been for Celiac's.

Hope he gets better.  I have read that some people, for lack of a better term, grow out of it - their body changes and the trigger for the immune response disappears.

There's no cure for Crohn's disease. My mother suffered from it most of her life. Numerous surgeries before and after she was diagnosed but none that actually accomplished anything. She said they only made it worse. Each time they would take out a piece of her intestines. It has different effects/symptoms on different people. For my mother it was a constant high elevated pain and her body would not process what she ate. There are some better meds nowadays to help cope with it but no treatment or cure.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM