It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: European Champions' League  (Read 11804 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
European Champions' League
« on: May 23, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »
MILAN Campione d'Europa !!!Athens, 23rd May 2007
Tonight Milan AC beat Liverpool 2-1 in the final match for Europe's soccer Champions' League ;D.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:14:26 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Thor

Re: European Champions' League
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »
I cry tonigth Sandro :). This because I always have supported Liverpool, in fact I have supported them since 1975 :-[. But I congratulate you with your victory tonigth.

Offline Mir

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
The first goal was a fluke, Reds played better then they did in Istanbul 2005 :(

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:05:09 PM »
I cry tonigth Sandro :). This because I always have supported Liverpool, in fact I have supported them since 1975 :-[. But I congratulate you with your victory tonigth.
Sorry for you, Thor, it was not a very spectacular victory, anyway (except for the final score, which is what counts, in the end ;)).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Thor

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:07:58 PM »
The first goal was a fluke, Reds played better then they did in Istanbul 2005 :(

Yes they did Mir and the first goal was hands...But we played very well and even if we lost so am I very proud of the reds performence tonigth.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 03:13:32 PM »
The first goal was a fluke
Losers will always complain about bad luck. Liverpool's win on penalties in 2005 was also considered a fluke (by Milan's supporters ;)).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
and the first goal was hands
No, it wasn't, the replay clearly showed an involuntary ball deviation made by Inzaghi's upper arm (close to his body), and the referee correctly considered the goal valid (as per rules).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Mir

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »
Goal was legitimate,was still was a fluke.....

Offline Thor

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »
No, it wasn't, the replay clearly showed an involuntary ball deviation made by Inzaghi's upper arm (close to his body), and the referee correctly considered the goal valid (as per rules).

Upper arm it was and should have been disallowed..lBut the game is over and we lost. But we will be back next year again.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
Upper arm it was and should have been disallowed.
Sorry Thor, rules are rules and, as Mir concedes, the goal was legitimate (albeit lucky, or a fluke ;)). Legimate goals cannot be disallowed, take it in a sportsmanlike manner, don't complain (Liverpool did not accomplish much during the match), and regroup for next year :D.

As we say, la palla è rotonda (the ball is round-shaped, therefore it will bounce hither and thither) 8).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:08:31 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Ste

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
And the Liverpool 'fans' were at it again, making and buying fake tickets and causing real ticket holders to be refused entry.

And then they blame UEFA, the Greek Police, anyone but themselves.

Look at Hillsborough, look at Heysel.

Their fans are a disgrace, I well remember my team having the temerity to go a goal up at Anfield, greeted by great volumes of spit an us (and our kids) from the tier above. Dirty bastards...

Here's the game!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9p3OzwQs0k[/youtube]

Offline Thor

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »

Look at Hillsborough,

Liverpool have the best fans in the world. "Look at Hilsborough"??? You are a disgrace to say that the our fans had anything to do  with the tragedy at Hilsborough. ...

Offline Mir

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »
Comeon Ste you really blame Liverpool fans for Hillsborough?
The fact is that almost all of those killed were Liverpool fans and the reason was bad arrangement by the organizers.
Liverpool had far more supporters than Nottingham Forest but were given 6,000 fewer tickets and allocated the smaller Leppings Lane stand.
And then some bright sparks had installed safety fence in front of all the stands, opened the gates to allow the fans to rush in from the back and crushing the ones in front against the fence, a real tragedy.
Do you support one of the teams down South?

Offline Ste

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »
Liverpool have the best fans in the world. "Look at Hilsborough"??? You are a disgrace to say that the our fans had anything to do  with the tragedy at Hilsborough. ...

Course they did! Of course the coppers weren't blameless but here we had a similar situation to last night, thousands of supporters from Liverpool without tickets determined to get in at all costs. But of course it was the Coppers to blame for that, the poor stadium to blame for Heysel, UEFA to blame for last night. Anyone but their 'superb' fans.

Liverpool have the best fans? Come on give me a break! A few years ago 80,000 Celtic fans turned up for the UEFA cup final in Seville I think when only a small minority actually had tickets. Did they resort to cheating with fake tickets? Did they try to forcibly gain entry to the stadium? No. They watched the game on big screens in the town square without a scrap of trouble.

There's always bother when u go to Anfield, first we got our car nicked in 1978, lost 3-0 Jimmy Case hattrick, spat on in 1993 and I got well beaten up by Everton fans dunno the year.

UEFA Boss William Galliard:

Gaillard told BBC Radio Five. "Unfortunately in Britain it is the behavior. Liverpool fans are responsible for the problems before, during and after the game.

"Trying to go over the barriers to get into the stadium without tickets ... is not the behavior we can condone. It is very easy to say 'this is not a football stadium.' Milan supporters didn't face the same problems because they didn't behave the same way.

Offline Ste

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »
Comeon Ste you really blame Liverpool fans for Hillsborough?
The fact is that almost all of those killed were Liverpool fans and the reason was bad arrangement by the organizers.
Liverpool had far more supporters than Nottingham Forest but were given 6,000 fewer tickets and allocated the smaller Leppings Lane stand.
And then some bright sparks had installed safety fence in front of all the stands, opened the gates to allow the fans to rush in from the back and crushing the ones in front against the fence, a real tragedy.
Do you support one of the teams down South?

Nope I support Bolton Wanderers, my home town team.

The safety fences were erected in almost all grounds because of the number of pitch invasions, I myself saw two in two weeks at Burnden, Wolves then Chelsea, in the late seventies.

There's no doubt the police cocked up at Hillsborough but you can't say the Liverpool fans were blameless, turning up to a big game with no tickets with the aim to gain entry at all costs.

Of course it's a tragedy when anyone is killed, my dad and my uncle where at Burnden in 1946, somewhere in this picture, root cause of 33 dead, similar to Hillsborough, someone opened a gate to let people out, resulting in a melee to get in and people crushed at the front.

Offline Thor

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 12:41:53 AM »

There's always bother when u go to Anfield, first we got our car nicked in 1978, lost 3-0 Jimmy Case hattrick,

Jimmy Case my favourite player from the 70`s :). Yes Celtic have some great fans, no doubt about that. Liverpool and Celtic have and have always had cloose relations, both the clubs and the fans. But no supporters support their team like the Liverpool supporters. After the 1 half in Instanbul we where 3-0 down against Milan. The game was almost over. When the players came into the break they could hear the fans singing "you never walk alone" thrue the walls....Would Chelsea or Man U suppprters done the same??? Never.

Offline Ste

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »
I dunno if the folks here know but Liverpudlians, aka Scousers, aka Bin-dippers have a reputation here for being:

1. Unemployed Scroungers

2. Thieving bastards

Indeed, there is a joke:

"What do you call a Scouser in suit?"

"The Accused..."

Anyway, the wags have come up with this, Athens the Day after.....

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »
On the evening of the game, I was in Como, less than an hour from Milan.  I attempted to watch the first 30 minutes from a bar where it was impossible to see the TV.  So I went back to the hotel and watched the conclusion.

I pulled for Milan only because i was visiting Italy.  However, if I knew how loud and long the post-game celebration would be, I would have prayed for a Liverpool victory. 

My Russian companion complained even more, and all I could say was "football".

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2221
Total: 2232

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM