It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 265633 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
Internet update.

Lastest scam for apartment owners and our 'helpers' here in Ukraine is to offer to 'rent' you an 'aircard modem' or some such name for $100 bucks plus usage fees for Mb or Gb of upload, download, etc.

This type of Internet hookup plugs into a USB port and uses the signal from mobile phone towers.  It can be useful where apt does not have high speed cable or DSL phone line.

And, it seems many apt owners are disconnecting the cable and DSL so they can earn from the aircard modem and usage.

But . . . you can buy these modems outright for $40-60.

I bought one here in Kharkiv from PeopleNet for $52 plus I prepaid $17 for 5.2 Gb of usage.

So starting with the first purchase, it is less than what the 'helpers' want to rent you the modem; and for future trips you only pay some usage time.

The other providers, KyivStar, MTC, Life, etc., all sell these aircard modems and time, some with monthly contract and some without.  Most of us will want the no-contract deals, of course.

I checked around, and PeopleNet was the best deal going . . . at this time.

I have only used a little over 1 Gb in 3 weeks, so I could have gotten by with prepaying for 2 Gb at $12.

When in Kharkiv, talk with Vloda (gal) at PeopleNet on Pushkinska.  She studied in Sweden and has excellent English . . . and is a computer jock; at least to get your modem installed, up and running.  All included in the $52 cost of modem plus $12 - 17 prepaid usage.  Yes, she is quite a 'looker' also in mid 20s.

Thank you ManLooking for these very interesting informations. Do you need to buy an modem aircard of a special brand to be connected with a special provider ?
And do you if it's possible to use an jailbreacked iphone as modem aircard with such provider ?
Thank.
Patagonier
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Vinnvinny

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »
Internet update.

Lastest scam for apartment owners and our 'helpers' here in Ukraine is to offer to 'rent' you an 'aircard modem' or some such name for $100 bucks plus usage fees for Mb or Gb of upload, download, etc.............

I bought a Kievstar one earlier in the year as a backup and I think it cost about $20. I just plugged the dongle in and there was an English option during install which was very useful.

One important thing to remember is to turn off any automatic updates you might have before using such services.  :-[

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »
Thank you ManLooking for these very interesting informations. Do you need to buy an modem aircard of a special brand to be connected with a special provider ?
And do you if it's possible to use an jailbreacked iphone as modem aircard with such provider ?
Thank.
Patagonier

I am not a Tech Jock, so don't really know my way around the various options.

However, the USB modem I bought is stamped with name 'PeopleNet.ua' so I am pretty sure it isn't going to work with other carriers.  But I also know hackers can do many things, so who knows.

And I am pretty sure that a mobile phone with Bluetooth can also send signal to computer to connect to Internet, but wouldn't know how to do it myself.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
Weather has been holding pretty nice here; considering.
Mid 50s during days, but no wind, so not too bad.

But, Thursday and Friday highs only in 40s with rain and possible snow.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
Some fairly unbelievable things happening here (good but complicating).  

But since they are unbelievable, I won't report.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2010, 11:11:40 AM »
I bought a Kievstar one earlier in the year as a backup and I think it cost about $20. I just plugged the dongle in and there was an English option during install which was very useful.

One important thing to remember is to turn off any automatic updates you might have before using such services.  :-[

That wouldn't have worked for me (do it yourself), because Kaspersky AntiVirus wouldn't let the aircard modem install.  The gal had to fock around with it for an hour or so to get it installed.  Kaspersky came free for 6 months with the Netbook, but it has been a real pain in arse several times, so I am going to uninstall it when I get back to USA and install AVG.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
Tomorrow taking a gal and her two teenagers to dinner. 

First get together with the children. 

So some chance this will be a deal killer; as the teenagers - new man situation can often be.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »

I am also not a tech jock, heck, I even learn from Vinnvinnie.

Earlier this year, in the spring while in Kharkov, one of our staff bought me a Sprint modem and a People's net card.  With Modem and card everything was about $70, most of this expense was for the modem, and this was unlimited for one months use. 

In the fall used the same modem, bought new card, pretty much unlimited use, cost was somewhere between $10-$15.  When I am at a flat with hi-speed i-net will of course use it. With this modem I am able to use laptop while on a train, a bus or an outside cafe.  Overall Ukraine's wireless coverage is not bad and as far as these wireless carriers go I hear that Peoples.net is the best once you get away from Kiev.  Kievstar is still very good in and around Kiev but if your traveling through out the country Peoples.net provides really good coverage.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »

Earlier this year, in the spring while in Kharkov, one of our staff bought me a Sprint modem and a People's net card.  With Modem and card everything was about $70, most of this expense was for the modem, and this was unlimited for one months use. 

Seems pretty strange Jack, since Sprint uses CDMA system while PeopleNet is GSM system (I think).  Sure you got the wording correct?

Plus, how could your staff buy a Sprint modem in Kharkiv, if that's what you are saying.

And what do you mean a PeopleNet card?  You mean a scratch off card?  Scratch off cards for mobile provide a specific amount of usage, not unlimited, as I understand it.

But again . . . what do I know?!  :-)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »
ML, I am 100% we have a Sprint G3 modem.  We are not using the Spring network, it's a modem that Sprint sell's world wide.   When we compared the speed of this modem to the one Vinnvinnie and other guys had, this was by far the fastest.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »
Connecting on GSM (2G or 3G) is very different than the wifi way (internet on wifi network like McDonald).
So it's not exactly a modem, in Europe we call it a 3G key.
With a jailbreacked iphone you can use it as a 3G key without have to buy one  ;D.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
We viewed recently an English dubbed version of the FSU cult classic "Moscow Has No Tears."

Highly recommend.

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
For computers I either had an operating one in the apartments I rented or went to a Internet Cafe. Easier for me.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
Update on immigration card.

I successfully exited Kharkiv on international flight to Vienna without any questions about the lack of immigration card.

The X-ray scanner people took a lot of time with my luggage and had me open up, etc.
But strangely they still missed the half full water bottle in my carry-on bag that I had forgotten to empty.

The new terminal sits there looking very nice . . . but unused.

Maybe it won't actually be in operation until the Euro2012 games get started.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:10 PM »
40 ish hot mama1

Offline acrzybear

• Trips: 4 - 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »
This forum keeps attracting the classiest people  :rolleyes2:
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »
This forum keeps attracting the classiest people  :rolleyes2:

+3
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »
ManLooking,

Welcome home!

In almost all trip reports, the traveler writes about what he is feeling for the women he met, his assessment of the women's feelings, and any future plans to advance a relationship to the next level.

All I can infer is that you had fun boinking 5 UW concurrently but evidently not simultaneously, and the women were satisfied in possibly new ways to them.

Any thoughts from the heart that you wish to share?   Future plans?

Offline Daveman

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
Some posts have been split off into the unmentionable area again...

Let's give it a shot to keep it clean and above the belt, allowing the OP opportunity to respond to the questions presented.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
During my May trip to Kharkiv, I met with 12 women.  I decided to revisit 4 of them on a later trip.

During my October trip to Kharkiv, I spent time with these 4 women.

I decided to not proceed further with 3 of these women and to concentrate only on one.  Two of these 3 asked that we continue on a 'no strings attached basis' with respect to vacation trips to other countries, etc.  One of them can pay for her own expenses (and mine also) and the other cannot.  I made no commitments in that respect.  I told them the same as I told the 8 women from my first trip that I did not revisit and most other of the women I have dated.  That is; that I am willing to remain friends.

But additional complications arose when I was visited by a 5th woman from Kyiv that I discussed earlier.

And yet more complications arose.  A female business acquaintance in Kharkiv repeatedly asked me to come to her house to meet with her sister, a 6th woman.  I finally did . . . and zow, wow, and many other such exclamations.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

12  --->  4  --->  1  --->  2  --->  3

Conclusion:  you have not met Ms. Right (yet)    

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
During my May trip to Kharkiv, I met with 12 women.  I decided to revisit 4 of them on a later trip.

During my October trip to Kharkiv, I spent time with these 4 women.

I decided to not proceed further with 3 of these women and to concentrate only on one.  Two of these 3 asked that we continue on a 'no strings attached basis' with respect to vacation trips to other countries, etc.  One of them can pay for her own expenses (and mine also) and the other cannot.  I made no commitments in that respect.  I told them the same as I told the 8 women from my first trip that I did not revisit and most other of the women I have dated.  That is; that I am willing to remain friends.

But additional complications arose when I was visited by a 5th woman from Kyiv that I discussed earlier.

And yet more complications arose.  A female business acquaintance in Kharkiv repeatedly asked me to come to her house to meet with her sister, a 6th woman.  I finally did . . . and zow, wow, and many other such exclamations.

Update:

The 6th woman mentioned above came to visit with me in USA for 7 weeks.  She came on a business visa and has now returned to Ukraine.

The 5th woman mentioned above is in final stages of getting into graduate school here in USA.  Getting the transcripts from her school certified, translated, etc. has proven to be major problem.  Must pay bribes, and still the work is not correctly done, then it drags on and is still not completed.  She will arrive in late July if all goes well with the transcripts and the student visa application.

The one woman, of the 4 mentioned first, will  be joining me in Turkey in a couple of weeks for a month long trip.

Offline Saltheart

• Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2011, 03:09:19 AM »
ML - whatever happened to the woman from the apartment?  And of the remaining three do you find yourself leaning in any one direction?

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »
ML - whatever happened to the woman from the apartment?  And of the remaining three do you find yourself leaning in any one direction?

She was one of the three that I mentioned as not continuing with.  We still correspond and she wants to meet up with me in London or some such later this spring.  Probably I won't, but not sure right now.  She can and will pay all her own expenses.

I am now in Turkey with the 1 woman I chose to continue with of the 4 I visited in October/November.  All going great.

The 3 women I mentioned in my last post:  The one with me in Turkey now, the one wanting to come to grad school, and the one who got the business visa and visited me . . . are each in completely different situations and stages with me.  How it will all play out;  I haven't he foggiest idea !!  Time will tell

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
Back in USA now from my vacation in Turkey. 

Man these trips back where you get up at 4-5 AM their time and get to bed around 2 AM our time the next day and then add the 7 hour time difference to realize you have been without sleep for about 30 hours . . . .

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2841
Total: 2851

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM