It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439271 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The Koreans seem to be getting the upper hand by massive sanitizing.
but I just read on the internet that the virus is hiding within the hand sanitizer now.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine

Trump announced starting this Friday he will suspend all flights to and from Europe for 30 days, UK excluded. Trump said his quick action to suspend flights from China early was beneficial to our nation and the failure of Europe to suspend flights was wrong and the spread of the virus in America is coming from Europe.

Trump said Americans health is priority and he will help those financially hurt by the virus. Based on his proposals, he will provide over 50 billion dollars work of assistance.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
WTF is wrong with ya’all?
have you all gone insane?

the key to surviving the apocalypse is right there in the data in plain sight!!!!
in the Wuhan statistics....

only 2.3 % of the people who contacted the disease, were age 18 or YOUNGER!!!!
and the younger you are, the less severe the disease will be...

so just hire some beautiful 18 year old Russian girls
to be your personal shoppers
and in exchange for supporting them financially...
they will provide you with food or ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED!!!

guys who can self quarantine on a nice sized boat at the marina, will freakin have it made
as long as ya got plenty of groceries from the magazine and plenty of cash

I actually prefer to be left alone by Russians anyway unless they're staricks who were like in Stalingrad or something...
but that experience will never happen to me again, I know sadly...

so yeah, interviewing deavotchkie again...
I feel like disinfected blonds this time

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:40:38 PM by krimster2 »

Offline fathertime

NBA has suspended the season,after player tested positive for the virus,  Tom Hanks has got corona virus.  My daughter's college just stated no more classes after Friday...everything to be done online.   Now lets see how long the shelves stay stocked at the stores.

Fathertime! 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

Yep :D Hear that Mobe, the US is banning flights from the EU, the E f*cking U. Trump rightly reckonises that's it's the EU's fault that it has acted to slowly and once again incompetently in taking action to tackle the virus within its member states.

Now fortunately we have left the EU which has both helped us to deal with the situation better hence he far lower number of infections than EU members and means we aren't subject to the EU travel ban :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mhr7

Trump announced starting this Friday he will suspend all flights to and from Europe for 30 days, UK excluded. Trump said his quick action to suspend flights from China early was beneficial to our nation and the failure of Europe to suspend flights was wrong and the spread of the virus in America is coming from Europe.

Trump said Americans health is priority and he will help those financially hurt by the virus. Based on his proposals, he will provide over 50 billion dollars work of assistance.

He only suspended flights from Europe not to Europe.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline IvanM07

We'll see how long that lasts ;)

Love it.

Offline mhr7

The virus can't live outside the body for very long

It can live outside the body for up to 9 days depending on the conditions.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

You are correct. That is a good thing so European tourists currently in America can finish their vacation and get back home. I wonder how American tourists are going to get back home. The few planes that will fly before the ban will take effect may not have enough seats for the mass wanting to get home.

Also, I wonder why Trump gave the UK an exception to the ban. Does he know that UK's infection rate is and will remain much lower than other European nations?

It can live outside the body for up to 9 days depending on the conditions.

Another sign this is a super virus.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

Also, I wonder why Trump gave the UK an exception to the ban. Does he know that UK's infection rate is and will remain much lower than other European nations?

probably politics of some sort,  or he wants a favor, or he wants to further promote the separation of europe and the UK. 

Fathertime! 

Offline BillyB

probably politics of some sort,  or he wants a favor, or he wants to further promote the separation of europe and the UK. 

Fathertime!

FT, I think we are beyond politics now. This is about saving American lives. If we see a spike in UK's infections, Trump will ban flights from the UK. If America's infections spike uncontrollably, I expect all of Europe to ban flights from America.

Offline IvanM07

FT, I think we are beyond politics now. This is about saving American lives. If we see a spike in UK's infections, Trump will ban flights from the UK. If America's infections spike uncontrollably, I expect all of Europe to ban flights from America.

You can't be beyond politics with TDS. ;(

However I 100% agree. All or nothing approach even with May being when I see my daughter.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  Trump will ban flights from the UK. 
I believe he did tonite...to/from Europe.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

I'd think we would be beyond politics, yet it is odd to exclude the UK so I suspect Trump is thinking ahead a couple steps, and gambling.   It makes no sense to leave them off the list except if you are looking at it through an angle other than the potential risk to americans.   

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

US travelers will now face 2 weeks isolation when travelling to South American nation of Argentina.  Colombia and Peru also banning arrivals from certain nations.   

Argentina, Colombia, Peru to isolate travelers from virus-hit nations 

Argentina, Colombia and Peru on Wednesday announced that travelers from the countries worst-affected by the new coronavirus would be isolated on arrival.

Argentina was the first country in Latin America to register a coronavirus-related death on Saturday, with Panama announcing another on Tuesday.

Buenos Aires announced a two-week isolation period for people arriving from China, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, South Korea and the United States.

"This is not voluntary, it's not a recommendation. If you don't.....

http://www.yahoo.com/news/argentina-colombia-peru-isolate-travelers-virus-hit-nations-155304344.html 

Fathertime! 

Offline BillyB

NBA player got the virus and the NBA suspended the season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-suspending-season-after-wednesday-nights-games-until-further-notice-because-of-the-coronavirus-concerns/ar-BB114bRv?ocid=spartanntp

Tom Hanks, currently filming in Australia, got the virus.

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-hanks-wife-rita-wilson-012115497.html

Trench got the virus and RWD suspends all posting.

fakenews.com

Offline Brillynt

I was reading more of the articles and it is not flights that are banned, people from EU countries are banned, US citizens, legal residents ... are allowed to return during the 30 days. It depends if the airlines start doing massive cancellations.  Unfortunately I am currently in Ukraine and I am scheduled to return in 2 weeks.  I tried calling Lufthansa and received a recorded message saying please call back due to extreme call volume and the call was terminated.  It should be interesting to see what happens.

Offline BillyB

I was reading more of the articles and it is not flights that are banned, people from EU countries are banned, US citizens, legal residents ... are allowed to return during the 30 days. It depends if the airlines start doing massive cancellations.  Unfortunately I am currently in Ukraine and I am scheduled to return in 2 weeks.  I tried calling Lufthansa and received a recorded message saying please call back due to extreme call volume and the call was terminated.  It should be interesting to see what happens.

Ukraine is not on the sh!t list. Found the information in the link below from those in charge of the border. Even non Europeans travelling though certain European countries would be refused entry into America. The ban does not apply to Legal permanent residents and American citizens as you mentioned. So your only worry now is if the airline will cancel your flight due to lack of passengers. My guess is they'll cancel some flights and put those passengers on another flight that isn't cancelled to make a full plane. Keep in mind, you won't be flying until 2 weeks from now. If more European nations have uncontrollable outbreaks like Italy is having, flights throughout Europe may be restricted. If offered to come home sooner, you may want to consider it.

http://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/homeland-security-acting-secretary-chad-f-wolf-s-statement-presidential-proclamation

Offline Brillynt

Ukraine is not on the sh!t list. Found the information in the link below from those in charge of the border. Even non Europeans travelling though certain European countries would be refused entry into America. The ban does not apply to Legal permanent residents and American citizens as you mentioned. So your only worry now is if the airline will cancel your flight due to lack of passengers. My guess is they'll cancel some flights and put those passengers on another flight that isn't cancelled to make a full plane. Keep in mind, you won't be flying until 2 weeks from now. If more European nations have uncontrollable outbreaks like Italy is having, flights throughout Europe may be restricted. If offered to come home sooner, you may want to consider it.

http://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/homeland-security-acting-secretary-chad-f-wolf-s-statement-presidential-proclamation

Billy, Thanks for the link and the suggestions.

Offline msmob

My, 'Trampu' is banning folks who are not US nationals ( or have residency for the US) from flying to the US if a Schegen passport holder...

But he has excluded NON Schengen nations?

'Great'....

What is to stop Marcel from France....or Marcello from Italy arriving in the UK or IRL and flying to the US?

Cluebat: They are not stamped in to the UK/ IRL.

Perhaps, those two nations share immigration data?...

OK...

Marios from Cyprus..

He is not Schengen, but an EU passport holder....

He was in Italy within the last 14 days and came via the the UK to the US..

I seriously doubt the US shares data with Cyprus.

If someone wants to circumvent this ban...I see lots of ways they might..

It is illogical.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:35:57 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
My, 'Trampu' is banning folks who are not US nationals ( or have residency for the US) from flying to the US if a Sche gen passport holder...

But he has excluded NON Schengen nations?

'Great'....

What is to stop Marcel from France....or Marcello from Italy arriving in the UK or IRL and flying to the US?

Cluebat: They are not stamped in to the UK/ IRL.

Perhaps, those two nations share immigration data?...

OK...

Marios from Cyprus..

He is not Schengen, but an EU passport holder....

He was in Italy within the last 14 days and came via the the UK to the US..

I seriously doubt the US shares data with Cyprus.

If someone wants to circumvent this ban...I see lots of ways they might..

It is illogical.

Most won't bother to try & circumvent it. The passport holders country of origin is shown on the front of the passport. Odds are those from EU member states will be rejected entry on arrival in the US.

Italy is likely to close all flights in & out soon. They are going downhill fast on this one. Glad I'm not stuck in Italy, just wait until things turn ugly there.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

Trench,

If you mean where they were born..it should be meaningless.

SC was born in what is now Tadjikistan..

She has not been back there for more than half her life...

Your post up thread demonstrated further cluelessness.

Be a good boy and observe and learn rather than feeling the need to prove to most of us your 'knowledge' of border 'control'..

Offline IvanM07

Trench,

If you mean where they were born..it should be meaningless.

SC was born in what is now Tadjikistan..

She has not been back there for more than half her life...

Your post up thread demonstrated further cluelessness.

Be a good boy and observe and learn rather than feeling the need to prove to most of us your 'knowledge' of border 'control'..

Well thank the stars above for you, hero!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Reckon this move by Trump & hence the US could push some airlines to go under.

Still think off all that carbon saving, no whinging from environmentalists there for a while :D

Offline IvanM07

Reckon this move by Trump & hence the US could push some airlines to go under.

Still think off all that carbon saving, no whinging from environmentalists there for a while :D

Honestly think of you and trump was the same as you moobs, nothing worse than flu lol. Imagine you without TDS! What a wonderful world.....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2011
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1999
Total: 2009

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM