It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455846 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Coronavirus about to hit Russia hard:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8256797/amp/Russia-preparing-major-increase-coronavirus-cases.html

Why do you sensationalize everything??? Before posting, why don't you read article and research if it is true or not. You do know how to read AND understand most words? Use google!!!

Russia has pop of ~146 million and has just under 75,000 cases of coronavirus with 5966 added yesterday. For little over a week the daily new cases has been under ~6000. Over half the cases have been in Moscow.

Yea sure, Russia gonna be hit HARD!!!! May be the reception from your Mom's basement is not good!! Try extending your tin foil!!! )))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Coronavirus about to hit Russia hard:

About to? Russia been severely underreporting. Weeks ago they had hundreds of ambulances parked, waiting in line at hospitals to unload their patients. Hospitals are overwhelmed. That's what is going on on a daily basis.

http://www.rbc.ru/society/11/04/2020/5e91d8e29a79474d1e49515a?fromtg=1

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Trench,

Why don't you ask someone FROM Russian / living in Russia or in daily contact with people in Russia what the situation is ?

The regions are WAY lower in cases, proportionally, than Moscow and it is spreading more slowly than ( say) the UK as many regions' Governors actually banned non residents ad or Muscovites or even Piter ..

Now, the problem is "What's all the fuss about?" in regions that seriously restricted folk ( esp. from Moscow )

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
About to? Russia been severely underreporting. Weeks ago they had hundreds of ambulances parked, waiting in line at hospitals to unload their patients. Hospitals are overwhelmed. That's what is going on on a daily basis.

http://www.rbc.ru/society/11/04/2020/5e91d8e29a79474d1e49515a?fromtg=1

I am not sure if that news is correct.  It may be, but when I looked it up only a handful of secondary news agencies carried that story, all on the same day.  None of the major news outlets, like BBC or Reuters reported on it.

It could be true, or it could be the photos/videos were taken out of context - like a drill or some other event.  There were no other news about it after April 12.

It reminds me of the story being shared of the "Media Hype" over a photo of a TV reporter in full PPE gear while the cameraman was in street clothes.  Social groups were using it to claim major news were manufacturing sensation of Covid-19.  The real story of that picture was the reporter was at a local factory that started manufacturing the PPE gear and was demonstrating their product.

Offline msmob

I am not sure if that news is correct.  It may be, but when I looked it up only a handful of secondary news agencies carried that story, all on the same day.  None of the major news outlets, like BBC or Reuters reported on it.

Hi Steve, the BBC certainly did.. BillyB has posted a Russian lady's response to a Brit who loves the current RU govt and suggested the BBC were showing Ambulances being lined up for disinfecting ...( he might have been right re the one they used in the photos ) The videos we saw are those she found to bust him ..which BillyB has now posted here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52271492

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-russia-moscow-ambulances-queueing-deaths-hospitals-a9460611.html

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
Ok, I stand corrected. 

But it still seams odd that the ambulance line was only reported on April 12 and no other date.  The second link, from Independent.co.uk, mentions the line was the result of routing the ambulances to the wrong hospital - one that was at full capacity.  The article on BBC states "video shared on social media showed dozens of ambulances queuing to deliver patients".  Not real investigation of the issue and validity of the claim.

I am not a fan of Russia, btw.  But I would like to see accurate news.

Offline msmob

Hi Steve,

I believe the vids BillyB cribbed prove the news was accurate - as appertaining to moment in time, at that hospital, in Moscow.

I'm not sure it implied any criticism - just that this virus can brings chaos to the best prepared healthcare systems

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Awesome weekend so far is SoCal...These are the scenes from OC showing how well they're helping flatten the curvy-curve of this pandemically-induced slutty-shutdown, getting-downed Jamsey Brownies!!!

Lower-Left Coasters rule, baby!

Our bikes are tuned, and ready to roll the beachfront scenes. Yesterday, wifey and I enjoyed a 3-4 mile stroll along the water's edge from the Channel to Santa Monica & Back. Taking an occasional dipper-do with the inviting OP... early surf was superb, too.

Now if we can only all go back to work and bring on that well-missed traffic jams on our freeways, we'd really be rockin'!

And the wonderful Dr. Brix will have the time to go and see a darn dentist ASAP! She looks like a typical European with those gnashers!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:13:18 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

Still bad new reported for those who are hoping for immunity and for an accurate antibodies test. Immunity is still not guaranteed and the current antibody tests may confuse other antibodies for coronaviruses such as the one that has the common cold for SARS COV-19. There's a lot of misinformation out there that gives people hope. Drug treatments, accurate tests, and vaccines do not exist. None have ever existed. Don't get too exited when a news article, laboratory, doctor, or politician promotes something or reports good news. Until good news is reported at CDC or WHO's websites, good news does not exist.

http://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19

Laboratory tests that detect antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in people, including rapid immunodiagnostic tests, need further validation to determine their accuracy and reliability. Inaccurate immunodiagnostic tests may falsely categorize people in two ways. The first is that they may falsely label people who have been infected as negative, and the second is that people who have not been infected are falsely labelled as positive. Both errors have serious consequences and will affect control efforts. These tests also need to accurately distinguish between past infections from SARS-CoV-2 and those caused by the known set of six human coronaviruses. Four of these viruses cause the common cold and circulate widely. The remaining two are the viruses that cause Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. People infected by any one of these viruses may produce antibodies that cross-react with antibodies produced in response to infection with SARS-CoV-2.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

on punching...

all you white boys are punching WRONG!!!
you don’t just punch with your arm or shoulder....
NO!!!

you make all the different joints of your body work together at the same time in harmony

arm
shoulder
hips
balls of your feet

you add the motion of each to the motion of all the others, and by combining them together
then you can punch with your whole body and not just your arm!!!!

Whom are you trying to impress?  I ask because you don't know much about throwing a punch. 

You are correct to use your body, but your sequence is backwards.  Feet-hips-shoulder-arm,  the opposite of the order you give.  Milliseconds, so you can't think about it.     

And you omitted the two most important points: 

1.  Use combination of punches.  Throwing a haymaker with the feet-hips-shoulder-arm takes time.  First, a  quick left hand jab (to the nose is good) followed  by a hard right - to the chin or the the temple dependent upon his guard. That will take care of most. 

2.  Punch through the target - don't throw your haymaker at the chin but drive your fist through the chin to the back of his head. 

Practice that, and you will floor a redneck messing with your stash of freeze dried vittles.  If he blocks or slips your haymaker, run if you are not already seeing stars.   

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Guys...Do your wives use this stuff?
You can't find it at the stores!
This is seriously crazy....& they can't even spell correctly---- Lyysol Disinffectant  :cluebat:  ( 2 Bottle ) Lyysol Disinffectant Spray Can 19 Oz       Time left: 3d 22h    Thursday, 2:55PM         Current bid:  US $878.00       [ 25 bids ]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Bottle-Lyysol-Disinffectant-Spray-Can-19-Oz/313064256056?hash=item48e4157238:g:axIAAOSw~HBepJRm

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
“ Feet-hips-shoulder-arm,  the opposite of the order you give.  Milliseconds, so you can't think about it.     

well, duh.....

“combination of punches....”

nope, just one with the tungsten rings is all it takes... a sucker punch to boot...totally my style, big friendly smile while I'm doin it
up to me to decide if I want to break bones, possibly even kill or just hurt and knock down...
depends on who and where and why
never have to worry if I have the rings on or not, or if I’ll get busted by some low level street cop and gotta pay my way outta jail for a weapons charge which even brass nucs are a serious offense in a lot of jurisdictions

BTW, industrial grade sodium hypochlorite is $350 per ton
1 lb of this will make 16 liters of 3% bleach
so a ton would be 33,000 liters of bleach

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/solid-sodium-hypochlorite.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:29:19 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

Guys...Do your wives use this stuff?
You can't find it at the stores!
This is seriously crazy....& they can't even spell correctly---- Lyysol Disinffectant  :cluebat:  ( 2 Bottle ) Lyysol Disinffectant Spray Can 19 Oz       Time left: 3d 22h    Thursday, 2:55PM         Current bid:  US $878.00       [ 25 bids ]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Bottle-Lyysol-Disinffectant-Spray-Can-19-Oz/313064256056?hash=item48e4157238:g:axIAAOSw~HBepJRm

I believe Gator's wife uses it on Gator when he comes home. I just clicked the link and the current bid is at $14,100. It'll be worth more than gold soon. My wife has Lysol products in our home. I'm going to show her the ebay auction and see if she wants to make some money! I might buy some syringes with needles and fill them up and advertise its a miracle cure killing coronaviruses in the body. It's true it'll kill viruses in the body but it will kill everything else in the body too.

Offline tfcrew

I just clicked the link and the current bid is at $14,100. It'll be worth more than gold soon. 
  жена found the last squeeze bottle at Kroger today $3.99---

She said come November it will be gold.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

Hey guys . . . it's fairly common knowledge that a mixture of bleach and water has same effectiveness of Lysol et al.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

Hey guys . . . it's fairly common knowledge that a mixture of bleach and water has same effectiveness of Lysol et al.

The bid for the Lysol is now at $20,000. YOU just saved everybody tens of thousands of dollars plus saved a few lives today. For that advice each of us should send you $10,000 and put you in our will. Thank you.

Offline BillyB

The bid went down to $14,100. Three people retracted their bid according to the bid history. Reason asking for retraction....temporary insanity.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Still bad new reported for those who are hoping for immunity and for an accurate antibodies test. Immunity is still not guaranteed and the current antibody tests may confuse other antibodies for coronaviruses such as the one that has the common cold for SARS COV-19. There's a lot of misinformation out there that gives people hope. Drug treatments, accurate tests, and vaccines do not exist. None have ever existed. Don't get too exited when a news article, laboratory, doctor, or politician promotes something or reports good news. Until good news is reported at CDC or WHO's websites, good news does not exist.

http://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19

Laboratory tests that detect antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in people, including rapid immunodiagnostic tests, need further validation to determine their accuracy and reliability. Inaccurate immunodiagnostic tests may falsely categorize people in two ways. The first is that they may falsely label people who have been infected as negative, and the second is that people who have not been infected are falsely labelled as positive. Both errors have serious consequences and will affect control efforts. These tests also need to accurately distinguish between past infections from SARS-CoV-2 and those caused by the known set of six human coronaviruses. Four of these viruses cause the common cold and circulate widely. The remaining two are the viruses that cause Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. People infected by any one of these viruses may produce antibodies that cross-react with antibodies produced in response to infection with SARS-CoV-2.

Another possible worrying development reported on the BBC today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52439005
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Another possible worrying development reported on the BBC today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52439005

Children are falling ill with a new and potentially fatal combination of symptoms apparently linked to Covid-19, including a sore stomach and heart problems.

The children affected appear to have been struck by a form of toxic shock syndrome. Some have been left so seriously unwell that they have had to be treated in intensive care. At least one has undergone extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) treatment, which is used when someone’s life is at risk because they can no longer breathe for themselves.

In a letter to GPs in north London, reported by the Health Service Journal , NHS bosses said: “It has been reported that over the last three weeks there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with a multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK.

“The cases have in common overlapping feature of toxic shock syndrome and atypical Kawasaki disease with blood parameters consistent with severe Covid-19 in children.

“There is a growing concern that a Sars-CoV-2-related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK, or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infectious pathogen associated with these cases.”

The NHS letter continues: “Abdominal pain and gastrointestinal symptoms have been a common feature, as has cardiac inflammation. This has been observed in children with confirmed PCR positive Sars-CoV-2 infection as well as children who are PCR negative. Serological evidence of possible preceding Sars-CoV-2 infection have also been observed.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/nhs-warns-of-rise-in-children-with-new-illness-that-may-be-linked-to-coronavirus
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

The auction for the Lysol was taken down. Seller probably got death threats or the listing violated eBay's policy against profiting greatly during this crisis.

I was told of a couple of coronavirus deaths this weekend. One was a step aunt of mine. Although we are not related by blood, I knew her well. Sweet lady. She was in her early 80's but healthy. Her son was a logger. I worked with him 20 years ago in the woods. He's a party animal and my first guess was he brought the virus into their home since he takes care of his mom now. An employee of mine said a bar acquaintance of his passed away from COVID-19. The guy was in his 60's but didn't live a healthy life.

I have a friend in Arizona that's a maximum security prison guard. He is now tasked with watching over prisoners infected with the virus.

Offline tfcrew

Refill the empty Lysol bottles and call it Lie-sol.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

The very liberal Washington State Supreme Court just denied most State prisoners from being released by a razer thin vote of 5-4. They came one vote away from releasing some of the most dangerous killers in the country which includes the Green River serial killer who killed 60 women.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-supreme-court-denies-release-for-serial-killer-and-others-in-5-4-vote-over-coronavirus

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The very liberal Washington State Supreme Court just denied most State prisoners from being released by a razer thin vote of 5-4. They came one vote away from releasing some of the most dangerous killers in the country which includes the Green River serial killer who killed 60 women.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-supreme-court-denies-release-for-serial-killer-and-others-in-5-4-vote-over-coronavirus

Good the vote went in favour of keeping them inside Billy. I personally think they shouldn't really care if prisoners get the Coronavirus, could help society get rid of the scum who are a nuisance and prey on others.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541425
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2303
Total: 2310

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Yesterday at 06:37:55 PM