It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Enroute to Russia, the Search Continues...  (Read 29506 times)

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Enroute to Russia, the Search Continues...
« on: March 20, 2018, 11:16:03 PM »
As most who are active here would probably recall, my search for a woman in the FSU began when my interest in Russian novels like War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy led to my current fascination with Russian culture and its rich history which subsequently, led me to seriously consider the prospect of Russian women and consequently FSU women as future soulmates.

I'm a research student with modest means surviving on a modest stipend. Sometimes, life as a research student can be very very hectic but it hasn't stopped me from continuing my search during any of the periods of free time I could actually garner.

Throughout the past 9 months since my first and last trip to Moscow in June 2017, I have been keeping myself busy sorting, filtering suitable potential partners, chatting, video calling and even singing along with multiple women at any given week just to gauge potential compatibility, before eliminating the less suitable ones slowly and steadily. I've probably worked through 1000s of profiles at this point and with all that much work, my search so far has only turned up four prospective women, though all are really quite nice women of decent character and integrity.

__________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________
My Trip Schedule consists of four parts:

1st Part:
Stay in Kazan from 21 March till 24 March for 4 nights to meet Girl1, aged 21, who studies at a local University in Kazan. She's an aspiring plant & forestry scientist & we've discussed so many about my life situation with her and vice versa though she doesn't really connect well with me when I try to discuss matters of philosophy with her. Nevertheless, she's even conveyed to me her interest in moving with me no matter which place or country I may decide to stay in the future. She's been the 2nd most interested in me, sometimes calling me to ask how I am feeling.  :o :D

2nd Part:
Stay in Nizhny Novgorod from 25 March till 27 March for 3 nights to meet Girl2 who has worked since she was 16. Apparently as a hairdresser before becoming a real-estate agent in Nizhny Novgorod. I've found her the most childish of the four though I've been attracted to her physical appearance (especially the face) the first time I laid my eyes on her. She's currently aged 19. Has no qualms about moving away from Russia but have an uneasy feeling about whether or not she's a golddigger. She was the only one who suggested to me to live with her in her apartment for the duration of my stay in her city. An offer I humbly took up.

3rd Part:
Stay in Vladimir from 28 March till 31 March for 4 nights to meet Girl3 who I've talked about here:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22539
As of today, she's been the one who's expressed the most interest in me. She also told me she told her mother about me (and that was way before I have even considered travelling all the way to her small city to meet her!). She gives me voice messages every single day, even for things as trivial as greeting me good morning during the day. She's even advised me (without me asking for it) what clothes to wear, which places to stay etc etc. In short, she's the most eager of the lot, aged only 18 this year.

4th Part:
Stay in Moscow from 1st April till 7 April for 7 nights to meet Girl4 and hopefully get to know each other better. I've talked about this Muscovite lass before in the thread here:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22167
She's a language student, aged 22, who is about to finish University this year. I trust the thread will suffice to give a good picture of her personality. I do sense that she seems quite selective in her search for her future partner because I do have the feeling that she doesn't seem to want to give her all, to commit herself fully, yet. Perhaps past dating experiences have scarred her.
__________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

I have made it a point to make sure no matter the circumstances, there will be no sex involved in my trip as I do not want it to cloud my judgement as I have reasons to believe sex more often than not skews the decision-making process and introduces biases that make you view the prospective woman in a more positive light. Hugs and kisses I have no issues with though.

Flight tickets have been booked (months ago), Visa approved (weeks ago), Things packed (days ago) and Souvenirs prepared (just yesterday). Now all that is left...is to simply execute my planned trip, and pray my heart will point me towards the right direction.

Can't wait to see what nasty or pleasant surprises are waiting in store for me. I have no doubt it'll certainly be a trip to remember (& write down)  :popcorn:

Today, as I sit in a cafe in Heathrow Airport, typing away my plans and reflections here whilst waiting for KLM to whisk me away to Russia, a question keeps popping up from my subconscious as to whether all the preparation, shortlisting & so forth was really worth the effort. At times, I do wonder whether my quest for finding my future partner in the FSU was really silly to begin with by making dating even more difficult than it is already with all the long distance whatnot... Then again, someone famous once said "We do things not because they are easy but because they are hard".

I certainly have no logical reasons to why I needed to throw the net so wide around the FSU in search of my elusive woman, especially when in actual fact, there are perfectly good, honest and hardworking women of various ethnic stock in my neighbourhood who have shown some interest in me once in awhile.

Perhaps I was enticed by certain pieces of literature that have ever come out of this old civilisation so much so that I immediately fell in love with Russian culture and its portrayal of amazingly strong, tough and loyal FSU women. Or perhaps I'm doing it because I'm not thinking straight, in which case, ML would be right in a sense, that only those who are crazy enough, end up travelling to such a foreign culture in their search for a future partner.  :rolleyes:

I guess the only way to ever find peace with myself, is to actually go and do it...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:23:57 PM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Enroute to Russia, the Search Continues...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:53:48 AM »
Good luck Kyn!!  I like people who take action.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:17:29 AM »
Yes, Good luck Kyn

I'm hoping you haven't shared some of your resolutions ;)

We have friends in N.N and Moscow - if you need help !

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
Good luck, hoping you can update this thread when you can find the time.  :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »
I think you are pretty foolish for doing this at your age and with teenage girls.
But I hope that this trip will help dispel the romantic notions you have about it from readings of old books.

Billy was and is successful after connecting with a teenage girl, however his circumstances are much different than yours.  He is a successful business man who can provide for himself and for a wife.  And he appears to have the spare time to care for her and help her adjust.

You on the other hand are a struggling student who cannot provide for a wife, particularly a foreign wife and will not have the time to look after her.

And foregoing sex is pretty foolish, especially if it is offered.  Without it for any particular woman, you are left to some future time to discover that the two of you are completely incompatible regarding sex.

However, I do wish you the best.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:10:59 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
ML makes some good points Kyn, but I would say the experience you will gain will be invaluable. So you may not succeed this time or you may but laying the work early on to understand the FSU dating scene can be invaluable in a few years time when you are hopefully in a better financial position. You will know your way around the FSU dating scene by then and know what works better and what doesn't. I'm guessing also this trip with all the travelling will cost you a bit so may put your finances under strain. I would say have fun on this trip, don't take it too seriously or pin your hopes on finding 'the one' you well might it can happen. ML makes a good point in finding out about the equipment she is carrying :D Some girls are easier to make love to than others. If its a difficulty with a girl then it may start to be a downer on the relationship.

18 & 19 year old girls may well be decent propositions for you based on your 'potential' do well in the long term, plus you are also near their age. Just be aware that a decent amount of dosh behind you can help out a relationship a fair bit with the right girl. Also if you're potential does not later materialize then the girl may plum for someone else or if you don't follow through with a girl because of lack of finances in getting with her she is likely to look for other guys.

Gook luck on your trip, I know what its like about to board a flight before an adventure in the FSU, so much fun! :) 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
Snowing in Moscow and SPb. Seems the clouds and snow will follow you your whole trip.

I think what ML says is pretty right on. Best if trip was only about experiences. Lots of traveling in a short time. I am guessing everything is by train coming back from Kazan.

Hope you have an Eskimo suit and some good snow shoes!!!

Would like if you can write some thoughts as you move about(not the girls).
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:26:43 PM »
Your trip takes you to three cities of the Golden Ring (Nizhny Novgorod, Vladimir and Moscow).   This is an area rich in history.  Were I you, I would buy some enamels in Vladimir (they are famous for them) and make sure you make a side trip to Suzdal.  It is the greatest collection of Kremlins and churches in the country, and is only about ten miles from Vladimir.  Also,  if you have the time, Ivanovo is the home of the fabric industry in Russia.  It, as well, is close to Vladimir.  It has a textile museum, but it also has the greatest ratio of women to men in the country, thus its name of 'City of the Brides'.  (Not to be confused with Mykolaiv in Ukraine.)

Good luck and we will enjoy hearing of your travels.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:28:14 PM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LAman

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:45 PM »
Your trip takes you to three cities of the Golden Ring (Nizhny Novgorod, Vladimir and Moscow).   This is an area rich in history.  Were I you, I would buy some enamels in Vladimir (they are famous for them) and make sure you make a side trip to Suzdal.  It is the greatest collection of Kremlins and churches in the country, and is only about ten miles from Vladimir.  Also,  if you have the time, Ivanovo is the home of the fabric industry in Russia.  It, as well, is close to Vladimir.  It has a textile museum, but it also has the greatest ratio of women to men in the country, thus its name of 'City of the Brides'.  (Not to be confused with Mykolaiv in Ukraine.)

Good luck and we will enjoy hearing of your travels.

Jone, I didn't realize Nizhny Novgorod is recognized as a golden ring city or Moscow being part of ring( it was 'centre' of ring). I thought it was only 8 cities northeast of Moscow.

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:51 PM »
there will be no sex involved in my trip as I do not want it to cloud my judgement as I have reasons to believe sex more often than not skews the decision-making process and introduces biases that make you view the prospective woman in a more positive light. Hugs and kisses I have no issues with though.

When a woman takes all her clothes off and grinds on you, it clouds your judgement. All your brains go out the big head and down to the little head. If a woman is sexually attracted to you, don't hold it against her. Beware of the women who aren't sexually attracted to you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Jone, I didn't realize Nizhny Novgorod is recognized as a golden ring city or Moscow being part of ring( it was 'centre' of ring). I thought it was only 8 cities northeast of Moscow.

It is traditionally, but not in the current list.  One interesting thing about Nizhny is that there is a section of it called Limpopo.  Those of us in the US will note that Maxine Waters made it quite famous.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »

When a woman takes all her clothes off and grinds on you, it clouds your judgement. All your brains go out the big head and down to the little head. If a woman is sexually attracted to you, don't hold it against her. Beware of the women who aren't sexually attracted to you.

I think this is true, it does but also necessary to check out how the two of you go together I think. I'm not sure if abstaining a while would help, obviously having sex usually shows there is chemistry but if the girl has character issues I think these can be clouded somewhat as you say.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:01:52 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »

Billy was and is successful after connecting with a teenage girl, however his circumstances are much different than yours.  He is a successful business man who can provide for himself and for a wife.  And he appears to have the spare time to care for her and help her adjust.

I think this is an important point you highlight ML (among the others) not to say Billy used his wad as inducement but that a guy with a very good credentials puts him in the top league that women will be in awe off and know the lifestyle that comes with it. In addition to of course the guy being able to put more resources to the whole venture.

I think a poorer guy can still be successful in this venture but being a successful person in life will be a pull to women that an average joe won't regardless of the money side of things. Kyn being in his mid twenties and a student doesn't have a lot of other options but to stump for the late teen-early twenties girls. Most girls his age or later will not see him as having the provider ability yet that they need at their age. Kyn when do you finish your research student situation?

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
Guys, Kyn is a 20 something dude going to a new country to have some dates and some fun.  The girls he will meet probably don't care if he can be a provider or not at this moment. They want to find out who he is first and if he's worth spending time with.

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
Wow, I find myself agreeing with Sting23..  ;)

Kyn we all hope you are having a good time

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:20 PM »
Kyn you must be pretty much done on it all now, how did it all go?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 07:50:36 AM »
Getting a little worried about the little fella now, should have been back a fair while now and as yet no update!

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »
Getting a little worried about the little fella now, should have been back a fair while now and as yet no update!

Fell out of a window ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 03:31:22 PM »
He's probably too busy talking to his new girlfriend.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
kyn, you there? how'd it go.

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 12:44:04 PM »
:whew:
I'm back fellow RWD-ers! :D It's been more than three weeks since I have flown back from Russia, but I had to work extra hard to catch up on my research work, and a close uncle passing away in Malaysia didn't do much to help ease my burden.

In the meantime, I have been writing bits and pieces of my journey until yesterday, when I finally got around to uploading the pictures (which took me quite some time to figure out but I ended up using flickr) and compiling my story together. :) This is my contribution to RWD. Enjoy everyone! :popcorn:

Amsterdam
Picking up from where I left off, shortly after starting this thread, I departed from London Heathrow on a short KLM flight to Amsterdam where I had a layover lasting just slightly over an hour before continuing my journey onwards to Moscow on a good old 737 (Pic 001). In fact, so old that you could hear even the interior creaking along in unison down the runway, literally.

Besides the "rough" start, the Inflight meal consisted of a single tiny sandwich!  :-\ I suppose I shouldn't have expected much, considering the fact that the flights were the cheapest deal I could find when I booked months ago.

What I noticed straightaway as I departed Amsterdam, was the drastic increase in the number of Russians aboard, and I was even more impressed to see the Air Hostesses (presumably Dutch) conversing in Russian. The appetite the Russians had for alcohol was nothing short of fascinating. Most I could see kept asking repeatedly for more red wine as soon as they downed the previous one within a minute. I guess there is certainly some truth to the stereotype after all :D

-Pic 001)

Rushing to Kazansky Station
After a leg numbing 5 hour flight, I landed in Sheremetyevo Airport. Passing immigration was no big issue, even though I haven't even learnt how to speak Russian, which was nice. Then, all my attention shifted to finding an ATM machine as I haven't brought ANY rubles with me with only ~£50 cash in my pocket. There was always a worry at the back of my mind whether my bank cards would work, even though I've been assured it would, after notifying the bank before I left.

As I was withdrawing cash in the airport, several men of mid-age appearance, approached me and started speaking in Russian. That, was where my first trouble began. I told them I could understand English but not Russian and one quickly started chatting away in English as I slowly realised, they were all taxi cabs trying to vie for a deal with me.

Naturally, I told them I was going to take the Aeroexpress to Moscow and then to Kazansky train station but the taxi cab kept arguing it'll be faster if I use the taxi. Now at this point, I was already in a rush to get to Kazansky station for my train which was going to depart for Kazan at 11pm and it was already around 8pm. Putting my faith in this cab's advice after negotiating the price down to 1600rub, I took the cab. One of the WORST decisions I've ever made, as I was in for one of the worst traffic jams I've ever experienced.

I had to say the driver certainly had some guts, zipping across so many lanes, sometimes past the red light just to cut time! Thankfully, I arrived at Kazansky station with still thirty minutes to spare. I was finally here! :) (Pic 002) I figured time was still aplenty, so I went shopping for a mobile sim, and some flowers (yes this time I didn't forget the roses, if you've noticed in Pic 004) and still had a couple minutes to spare as I stood in line to board my carriage which formed a part of the sleeper train. What was certainly interesting was how vintage or archaic the passenger carriages as well as the engine compartments looked (Pic 003). A very far cry from the trains I was used to in England that's for sure! :) And the speed wasn't anything to be in awe about either. It didn't take much for me to fall asleep in my bunk.

I am sure what I was endeavouring to do here, meets the very definition of a Write Many Visit Many (WMVM) trip. Throughout this trip, I had to make sure to give myself at least a day of "downtime" between my travels to date different girls in order to "freshen up".

When I say "freshen up", I mean having a shower, cleaning your clothes of any leftover hair, perfume, stowing away any presents, souvenirs etc and forgetting all the emotional baggage of the last girl you met. Perhaps some people can forget about their previous encounter in just an instant. I admit I can't.

I've had to compartmentalize my feelings for each lass, and I find it is most useful to have at least a day in between, so that one will be able to be on a good, positive state of mind again, ready to commit to the next potential future wife :)

-Pic 002) -Pic 003)

I woke up in the morning to the sounds of the train stopping as it approached a town, but speeding up again as it went further and further, with the sunrise barely noticeable in this cold snowy weather. Even as the day brightened, there wasn't much to be seen except an endless blanket of snow and pockets of forest as the "sleeper" train traversed through the countryside at a slow pace.

-Pic 004) -Pic 005)

Kazan
Finally, I've arrived in Kazan! (Pic 006 shows the Kazan station. Taken after disembarking). 19 year old lass, Girl1 was there to greet me, all dolled up, patiently waiting for me to get out of my carriage (she even remembered which carriage I was on  :rolleyes:). I presented her with the flowers I've hastily bought in Kazansky station in Moscow. Girl1 really liked them and hugged me :D

Girl1 wasted no time calling for a taxi to get us to my apartment where I was going to stay for four nights. As we waited for the taxi, I started up a conversation and it was from this point on, that I quickly realised that she wasn't exactly fluent in English.

I think I was partly to blame for not noticing it earlier, as I never really spoke anything more complex than simple questions about her life in general. I never once noticed it during our video calls. It was only when we actually met, that I realised, her English was only enough for basic conversations. Otherwise, I had to depend on my translator app, which was quite hit and miss at times :-\

Upon getting the keys and moving into my booked apartment, it quickly became apparent that Girl1 wasn't very pleased with it.

She started persuading me, telling me the conditions of the place was dirty and terrible which was arguably true to a certain extent. Even so, I had no other place to go even if I wanted to move from this apartment as I have always planned to just stick with it. Then came Girl1's answer:"You can stay at my grandma's place, and I'll stay with you and we'll live together, there".

:o You can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was, and I hastily agreed! :P What a chance to have even better quality time together, or so I thought. After several phone calls, off we went to her grandma's place, where I was received with open arms by her grandma. This is the view from the balcony of grandma's place (Pic 007). It was also here that I first learned it's really a normal thing in Russia to have a double set of front doors for almost any apartment on the block, courtesy of safety concerns.

After taking off my shoes and slipping into slippers, I was quickly served a vast, overwhelming array of food at the kitchen table. There were dried fruits, a kind of black tea with lemon and dates in it, chocolates, beef, salad with their own homegrown strawberry sauce and Ocpocmaq (Өчпочмак), lots and lots of Ocpocmaq among other things. There was no way I could have finished all of them and yet they told me all the food on the table was for me?!??

In order to be polite, I just ate what they offered to me by hand, every time they did. Make no mistake, the food was great, but all the offerings were already enough to fill me up till I felt my stomach was going to burst. Suffice to say, they certainly made it a point to keep their guests well fed for sure!

As we ate at the table, we did our best to communicate across our thoughts, even though grandma didn't know a word of English and Girl1 couldn't translate much either. Even my translator apps weren't much help as it wasn't exactly reliable. With much difficulty, I learnt that grandma has really had a hard life, now a widow and living alone in the apartment at the ripe age of 84,... Sad really but perhaps, this was also her choice too, to live alone.

I also came to know Grandma is a full blooded Tatar and consequently muslim too! :) Girl1 on the other hand is of mixed ancestry and she's told me repeatedly that she isn't a believer in Islam though her father is. One wonders, how this can even be possible? Perhaps the culture (or what's left of it after the USSR) has evolved to become secular.

-Pic 006) -Pic 007)

After being stuffed to the brim with food, Girl1 and I decided to go out again and tour around the city centre in Kazan whilst the day was still young. At this point, I've grown accustomed to the aging infrastructure around Kazan like this bus stop (Pic 008). We went down from the 6th floor and took buses and trams to visit the Kazan Kremlin, apparently a large and beautiful museum and also the "Qulsharif" Blue-domed Mosque behind it (Pic 009, Pic 010), which was certainly a magnificent building to see!

After that was a nice romantic dinner at a restaurant with her (Pic 011) and my gift flowers which she's brought with her all over the place since morning. I finally had the chance to try Borscht myself for the very first time. It was also here, that serious discussions about our future started to be had, concerning the viability of her moving to the UK, starting a life, a family etc.

Went back to grandma's place after that, and slept in the living room on a makeshift bed from a convertible sofa. What a great first day.

-Pic 008) -Pic 009)
-Pic 010) -Pic 011)

I woke up to the voice of Girl1 telling me it was time to wake up and breakfast was ready. I checked the time. 6.15am!! ::) Still, one of the things I found so enviable of Tatar women, at least grandma and Girl1 anyway, was the fact that they'll never let anyone starve. I watched, delighted as my Girl1 poured me tea, spread strawberry paste on my bread, tasted it first before giving it to me (:rolleyes:) and washed up everything after we had finished. Repeat this for lunch and dinner also, for every single day I was here and I quickly became a very happy man, I mean Guest. :D

We visited the Farmers Palace soon after (Pic 012), also the headquarters for the Ministry of Agriculture (what a grand building for that!), which was quite near the Kazanka (largely frozen over at that point) river embankment.

-Pic 012)

We also toured Victory Park where we saw monuments (Pic 013), like the eternal flame (Pic 014) symbolizing the sacrifices that were made in the Great Patriotic War. Girl1 wasn't sure I would like it though she has already known of my fascination with parks. I had the chance to see the armored personnel carriers and the infamous T34 tank up close (Pic 015) as well as a Tank Destroyer! (Pic 016). All fascinating.

As we toured the park, I held my hand over her waist, and it was here that she finally told me she didn't like it  :'( ::), giving the excuse that she came from a very "conservative family". "No Mwah Mwah!" She said.

I for one remain ever dubious. I have also noticed too, ever since yesterday, the first day we met, that she had stopped wearing makeup and it would appear to remain so, until the end of my stay in Kazan. Perhaps, that there alone, was already a first sign of dis-interest? Sigh. I have no idea if this is just part of Tatar culture but she certainly seems hard to warm up for sure.

Other than Victory Park, we visited a couple of malls and souvenir shops and that was the end of the day.

-Pic 013) -Pic 014)
-Pic 015)
-Pic 016)

We visited Bolgar the next day, roughly 200km and three hours away by car from Kazan with Girl1's grandfather (paternal side) driving us there in his own Lada (yes, these things still run on the road!). Grandma (maternal side, a widow) and Girl1's younger sister also came along with us on this trip. Five people in a Lada. How economical :rolleyes: There wasn't much to see along the way as the vast majority of Tatarstan was still covered in snow (Pic 017) though it was opposite when we arrived.

Bolgar is certainly a place rich with history, spanning across multiple cultures with UNESCO sites and yet here I was, not even the slightest aware of its existence ever, before I visited Kazan. The co-existence of Christianity and Islam was very easily noticeable here. Very rarely do you see a Mosque and a Church right next to each other, much less the same building(Pic 018 & Pic 021)!

Also saw what appeared to be an islamic monument (Pic 022). Then came the biggest, most beautiful and most magnificent engineering marvel of all, the "White Mosque" (Pic 023, Pic 024) with its beautiful interiors (Pic 019, Pic 020, Pic 025). Pic 023 especially lets you appreciate this beauty in its full glory.

-Pic 017) -Pic 018)
-Pic 019) -Pic 020)
-Pic 021) -Pic 022)
-Pic 023) -Pic 024)

By the time we came back to Kazan, it was already well past 5pm in the evening and Grandma, Girl1 and I were dropped off straight to Grandma's apartment (Pic 025). After a long delicious dinner, Grandma pulled out her big album of photos to share with me and Girl1.

It was this last night living together under one roof, that I got to know of her family, her deceased husband, her children, her now deceased boy. It was here, that things became very emotional though Grandma did a decent job of hiding it, even as Girl1 had watery eyes. As I've never had her consent to share some of the family pictures I've seen, they'll remain off this site. All the photos (including the mono and coloured) were very aged, especially the mono, where I also learnt she's been married twice and now a widow as both husbands have died. One of her sons dead, from serving in the army. One can certainly see and empathise how life has not been kind on her throughout the years.

I tried lifting the atmosphere by focusing on the grandchildren and asking her more about them and that seemed to cheer her up abit as she went on and on about her little grandchildren. In retrospect, I learnt not only much about their family but also their cultural norms, their lifestyle and...to a certain extent what happiness means for them, just listening to Grandma. Amongst other things, Grandma asked me what I felt for her granddaughter and I told her, that I really like her and that I came all the way just to see her. Grandma then wandered off, not asking anything further.

That night, Girl1 also introduced me to her mother, who looked a typical Tatar. She also asked me the same questions as Grandma did. We had a nice meaningful discussion though it was very difficult because of the language barrier, just like Grandma.

Sometimes, it seems to me as if most FSU women I've vetted and met online, just seem to come from damaged families. Girl1 in particular never knew her true biological father as her mother married another man shortly after giving birth to her. That meant she was an unwanted child, at least to her biological father.

As we shall continue to notice as we move further down to Girl2, Girl3 and Girl4 you shall see that all came from problematic families. One certainly wonders if this is the norm for women who join dating sites. Or perhaps, it is just me who keeps attracting these kind of women. I truly hope I am simply seeing things.

Then I was off to sleep, feeling anxious towards my final day in Kazan.

-Pic 025) -Pic 026)

I woke up early in the morning to see so much food on the table for breakfast, so much so that I don't think I can ever get used to it! Obviously I couldn't finish everything so Grandma ended up packing the leftovers and putting it all in my backpack. That was certainly unexpected, but I was very grateful.

After that, Girl1 and I decided to visit a few theatres around Kazan as we still had a bit of time in the morning before I have to catch my train in the afternoon to leave for "Moscow".

We visited the G. Kariev Theatre (Pic 027) and the Tatar State Puppet Theatre (Pics 028, 029, 030, 031, 032). All fantastic places of cultural significance.

-Pic 027) -Pic 028)
-Pic 029) -Pic 030)
-Pic 031) -Pic 032)

We also went into a shop full of Soviet collectibles, where I had the chance to try out this wartime jacket (Pic 033). (Pic 034) Photo of another church taken from the view of a tram. Kazan is so full of places of worship.

-Pic 033) -Pic 034)

We went back to Grandma's place for the last time, and collected my things. Before we set out for the train station for my trip back to "Moscow", Grandma wanted both of us to sit, and so we all sat down for at least a minute, before we were allowed to leave. Apparently it is the tradition to do so, especially when the journey will be long for good luck.

Once we arrived at the train station, Girl1 took me through security and accompanied me all the way to the platform. Then she disappeared off to look at the timetables.

Then all of a sudden, her younger sister popped out from nowhere! :D Holding a jar of honey and a roll of drawing in her hands. She wanted me to have them, and so I did. She too, asked me about my thoughts on her big sister, and I simply told her that I liked her for sure but I am unsure, what she wants for the future.

I could see her face blushing up and smiling as she read the words that were shown on her phone as it translated my words. Girl1 came back, and together with her sister, sent me off. Before boarding the train, we took one last picture (Pic 035) together. I wanted to hug Girl1 but she refused, due to her Tatar upbringing as she explained to me before. She kept waving at me, even as I sat there looking back at her from the window, catching glimpses of sadness in her eyes, which seemed to already sparkle with what looked like tears, even as my train started moving away from her as she stood, stationary.

Part of me was dumbfounded. Why now?!? Why didn't she express more of her feelings when I was there, next to her the whole time??" It was a pity really. Perhaps towards the end, Girl1 wasn't brave enough to move further, at the young age of 19. I do not know if she have had bad experiences, or it was because I frightened her. She was so eager to receive me before I came, but once I was there so close with her, I was shown much less intimacy.

Ultimately, I ended things officially with Girl1 after I left. It was time to cut my losses. The "slight" language barrier and her inability to share with me her true feelings and deliberate upon her future made me decide I shouldn't waste much more time with her. I wrote to her and messaged her on the phone and thanked her and her Grandma for making my stay, much warmer.

-Pic 035)

Nizhny Novgorod
Before I left Girl1 and boarded my train originally headed for Moscow, I have already made plans to jump off the train at Arzamas, a small city in the middle of my journey. Hence, I have bought another ticket in advance to take me from Arzamas all the way to Nizhny Novgorod.

The reason for doing this, was to make Girl1 believe that I was only seeing her and only interested in her and no one else. From reading the various trip reports here and observing the lives of successful couples, I've found that most women/girls cannot truly give their all to love and commit to a man, deeply, if she knows she is not the only woman in the man's eyes. Also, the moment you establish a good connection online, is also the moment I find best to start giving the impression you're committed before the girl commits.

It was what I did, every single time. I did not want to leave anything to chance, if I could help it.

I arrived at Arzamas when it was already ~11pm and slept in this beautiful, unfamiliar train station (Pic 036) along with a group of Russians, waiting to catch the next train in the morning for Nizhny Novgorod.

The whole journey from Arzamas to Nizhny Novgorod only lasted 2 hours, a far cry from the 14 hours I endured in my journey to Kazan from Moscow. In the final minutes before I arrived at Moscow station, I saw the vast expanse of the Volga river, still completely frozen over with a couple of brave souls, playing on the ice :o. Nizhny Novgorod when I arrived, was still completely covered in 30cm thick snow, all over (Pic 037).

-Pic 036) -Pic 037)

Contrary to Girl1, Girl2 did not wait at the platform to receive me. Rather, Girl2 was already outside the station entrance for me. Here, gentlemen, is where I received one of the greatest SHOCK OF MY LIFE!! :-[

She was, ahem, much more different than what I had ever expected. (Pic 038) Completely different from all her photos. Only the voice was recognisable. Even so, her english skills were basically non-existent to the extent that, we were a hopeless case without the translator app.

I readily admit I was partly to blame for this. In business lingo, I didn't do enough "due diligence". I have only made phone calls and chatted extensively with her, and looked at her photos (in hindsight, they were obviously professionally photo-shopped to oblivion).  >:(

Gentlemen, if you are still reading, I don't care whatever freaking reason you have, if you do have a lass of interest, you need to VIDEO CALL i.e SKYPE!! before making the move to visit, always!

I asked her to explain to me why her English was so smooth and fluent when I was chatting with her on the phone, to which she replied, that she always had a translator friend who she always had on the phone when she was always speaking to me to help translate my words into Russian for her to understand. Then, she replied to the translator, who texted her the English words, for her to read aloud to me, all in a matter of seconds. I have no doubt she must've paid good money for both these services. There was no noticeable delay on the phone.

All very disingenuous! However, I had to hand it to her for playing her game so well. At the very least, her strong intellect that I could sense from our phone calls together, were true!

Besides that, I always found it strange from the outset that she told me she was living alone in her own apartment, at so young an age. I have long suspected her family background was very good.

As I would later find out, she was indeed from a very well-off family. However, she never got along well with her father (she found daddy over-controlling) and so she decided to move out into another flat of her parents' in Nizhny Novgorod, at the tender age of 17 when she started studying for her degree till today, where she is now working full-time as a real estate developer and about to start her own fashion line, probably with some backing from her family.

And here I was, a broke research student, making every £ stretch as much as possible at the age of 24  :'( haha

She did make my stay very comfortable though. Even before I arrived, she had already offered me her flat to stay in, and live with her for the duration of my stay in Nizhny. It was an offer I could not refuse. Oh how lucky I thought I was going to be, spending more private time with Girl2 and getting to know each other more intimately.  :rolleyes: Not.

I found out she's a cat lady :D (Pic 039). She had two cats to be precise, one white and one black. I have heard cat ladies are stereo-typically lonely. Perhaps it applies here.

Overall it was a cozy place. However, I was much less impressed with the ad-hoc electrical wiring (Pic 040) that's been done on the mains electrical supply in this Soviet-Era apartment. It's a wonder it hasn't caught fire, touchwood! Wiring like these always make me uncomfortable and would've been a serious crime where I live.

I showered and freshened up. Then I sat down and rummaged in my backpack to produce a nice big teddy bear (it was the biggest of my supply and I had always originally intended it for her :rolleyes:).

"Oh!! You are so nice!!" said the lass, as she teared up visibly, and hugged me till I could breath no more.  ;D

-Pic 038)-Pic 039)-Pic 040)

Before the day was over, we decided to kill some time and have a walk through the historical Bolshaya Street (Pic 041) and have a tour around Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin where I purchased quite a few souvenirs. Just like the Kremlin in Moscow, it is basically a fortress. Inside, I was pleasantly surprised to find an assortment of old military hardware, like this "Katyusha" rocket truck (Pic 042) here. Apparently the Katyusha truck was based off an American design :D

We headed back on foot after that and she decided to cook up a vast delicious amount of food for me. Mashed potatoes, ham, cheese, friend onions, etc. Quite simple but yum :D Repeat this for the rest of my stay and I'm a very happy man :D I know she'll make a great mother.

Then it was lights out after that, watching a film in her "theatre room" (with surround sound and a decent screen) while we cuddled up together very close as it felt quite cold inside. Hmm, I was slightly suspicious that she turned off the heater, but she told me there's poor heating in this room :-\

At this point in time, I was still trying my best to forget about our morning fiasco and trying to like and love her, as a person and truth be told, she did everything she could to be a very desirable, submissive candidate for wife. :D Imagine breakfast, lunch, dinner, and place of stay, as well as the cost of living, all taken cared of, what more can one need?

Yet, here I was, still trying my best to shake off that feeling of slight disappointment that I've been duped beyond comprehension. x.x

I won't elaborate further what she wanted to do with me in bed. She kept nuzzling on my chest... Gentlemen, lets leave it at that.

-Pic 041) -Pic 042)

For the next day, we decided to continue where we left off and took the tram to see the vast frozen Volga River from the embankment (Pic 043).

-Pic 043)

We also headed down the Chkalov Stairs, a very famous architectural masterpiece (Pics 044, 045, 046). It was truly a grand scene to behold. This alone, makes travelling to Nizhny Novgorod in this dark, unpredictable pseudo-winter/spring well worth the effort!

We did nothing much for the rest of the day as it was raining really bad in this "winter/spring" which just made everything much colder.

Other than that, most of the time was spent in the shopping mall.

-Pic 044)
-Pic 045) -Pic 046)

Today was the third day of my stay here in Nizhny Novgorod already and I was starting to feel frustrated at the prospects of staying with her for the rest of the week. By this time, I have thought myself through, and I could see there wasn't going to be a practical nor desirable future with her. Her non-existent English skills, caked up make-up and whatnot, it was simply too much for me to bear. Everytime I went for a kiss on her makeup caked-up cheek, I was left with a less than desirable taste in my lips.

I think she sensed my frustration. After much discussion, she decided perhaps I needed some excitement. She brought me to an underground go-kart track (Pic 047) and that was AWESOME! I have yet to obtain a driver's license, so it was definitely a great experience. My enjoyment was evident in my lap times which just kept improving as I went up the learning curve (Pic 048). Every step on the gas pedal was accompanied by a rush of adrenaline for sure :D

-Pic 047) -Pic 048)

Girl2 was a fantastic driver too and she was always close behind my kart, the whole time. We raced around like mad for what must have been 2 hours. Then we walked, her arm curled up around mine, as we toured and went past shops, for hours and hours, till the night was upon us (Pic 049), where she told me this was her favourite bridge. Can't remember the name.

Whilst waiting as she prepped our dinner, I had the chance to try this "cucumber" flavoured drink (Pic 050). Blergh, didn't like it.

-Pic 049) -Pic 050)

Today, was the day I was leaving Nizhny Novgorod and leaving Girl2. Last night, I told Girl2 I had to cut my visit short, because I had other "commitments" that had suddenly come up in Moscow and I will fly back to London very soon.

Obviously, it was entirely my decision not to waste further time, as well as Girl2's. My commitment was now to Girl3, for who I have decided to bring up the schedule on. You can imagine the joy in Girl3's voice, when she learnt I was going to arrive earlier than expected and stay much much longer with her  ;D  ::) I needed to end this today.

She felt sad that I was leaving already, today. She told me:"It is so soon, but I understand". Before I had the chance to have a serious talk about where we stand, she had already decided to take me with her to visit this historical architectural masterpiece, called "Rukavishnikov's Estate" as my train was only departing in the afternoon. I thought it was a fantastic proposition too.

You simply have to be there in person, to appreciate it in its full grandeur. We arrived at the entrance (Pic 051) and learnt the ceiling (Pic 052) was painted by a great Italian painter.

Girl2 was very considerate to the fact that I couldn't understand Russian, so she unbeknownst to myself, had already arranged for an English speaking guide to show me around Rukavishnikov's Estate.

We were shown the family tree of Rukavishnikov (Pic 053). Which children didn't survive, which ones joined the revolution, and went against the Tsar. Apparently they were a very rich merchant family who owned the city's first steel plant, and who have largely prospered off trade at Nizhny Novgorod, a trading centre in the past where West met East and items like tea was traded.

At the time when this whole Estate was built, it was the most expensive home in Nizhny Novgorod. All fascinating stuff.

-Pic 051)-Pic 052)
-Pic 053)

Some of the furniture items were simply fillers but otherwise, the Bolshevik Revolution left the whole Estate largely intact and apparently re-purposed it as an office for awhile. Pic 054 shows an iron staircase, intended for use by the servants of the house, only. Pics 055, 056 shows the typical bedroom and dressing room of the important women of the household.

Pic 058 shows a Dining room, interconnected to the conference room (Pic 057), connected directly to a Ballroom (Pics 059, 060). All very grand! :D

The weather was already starting to turn nice today, and Girl2 and I took this one last picture (Pic 061) from the embankment in front of Rukavishnikovs Estate with the Frozen Volga river as the backdrop.

-Pic 054) -Pic 055) -Pic 056)
-Pic 057) -Pic 058) -Pic 059)

-Pic 060) -Pic 061)

Then we were off to Bolshaya Street again, where I managed to have a photo with this Monument to the founder of Nizhny Novgorod (Pic 063) and this interesting copper statue shoe-polisher boy (Pic 062).

After a quick lunch, Girl2 hired a taxi to accompany me all the way to the train station and the platform. Girl2 wanted me to promise I will come again but I told her I can't promise her anything to which she replied to me that it was already a very sad day for her.

I got on the train, and off I went, to Moscow and then later on...eventually to Vladimir for Girl3 (to be continued). Once I arrived in Moscow, I checked in to a cheap shared room in a hostel to re-organise myself. From here on, this would be my base, my backup place to fall back on, in case I can't find the next place of stay.

I freshened up, stowed away everything, did some laundry, ironed my shirts and restocked myself with flowers, before the next visit beckoned :D Onwards to Vladimir! One of the Cities of the Golden Ring...

-Pic 062) -Pic 063)

Vladimir

I remembered clearly I left Moscow around 2pm and reached Vladimir around 5pm in the evening (Pic 064). Coincidentally, there was a train also due to arrive 10 minutes before my train from Moscow to Vladimir. So I mistakenly told Girl3 I was going to arrive in Vladimir in the earlier train ;D You can imagine the shock she must've had when the earlier train left without me in sight  :-[

She later told me when the earlier train left, she ran all around the platform searching for me, and failing that, decided to got back into the train station to speak to the station master. The station master responded by telling her that she's been duped, and that I'm surely not real. How amusing :rolleyes:

So that train left, and within 10 minutes, my train arrived and I slowly disembarked, my eyes searching for Girl3 the whole time but failing to find her. I went into the train station and lo and behold, there she was, brimming with smiles all over and waving frantically at me. I went past security and gave her a big bouquet of flowers (17 roses to be exact) which I've bought in Moscow.

She instantly pulled my hand to follow her. Talk about being assertive :D I wanted to take the taxi but she insisted on taking the bus. I don't mind taking public transport, but I could have sworn the bus stop was five flights of stairs below! O.O!!! It was an exercise for sure, dragging my stuff along in the melting snow. There was no sympathy for me either >:(

We took the bus (I told her next time, I'll be using the taxi for sure. 200 rubles? Fair exchange) to my hotel which was literally just a block away from her parents' apartment. Yes, this lass has always been living with her parents at the tender age of 18, about to go into University.

There, I've booked a single room and it had quite a nice view (Pic 065) with Girl3's apartment block directly in sight 8).
The free meals here weren't too shabby either (Pic 066).

Once we've settled in, Girl3 and I took off our jackets and laid sprawn across the hotel bed, seemingly exhausted. I caressed her soft delicate hand for the first time, and I could hear a gasp. It was the softest hands I've ever encountered so far. Ah, she liked what I was doing. :D I proceeded to give her a back massage and she moaned in approval. Then all of a sudden, a phone call.

-Pic 064) -Pic 065)

It was her mama, apparently. She's made dinner for me as well and wanted us to go to their apartment this instance. I will come to realise that FSU women are extremely close to their mothers. No exceptions! Usually the FSU lass will receive at least a phone call a day from mama, asking how she is doing. Seriously, this happened with Girl1, Girl2 and all the subsequent ladies I met.

I can only gather that what Mendy posted earlier is largely true in Russian society. They're so close to their mama. If you can win her mama's approval, you're pretty much set to win her hand in marriage, hands down :D

Their two-room apartment was quite comfortable, though not the biggest I've lived in. That award goes to Girl2. I took this while Girl3 wasn't watching :D (though she approved much later) (Pic 067). She told me I was very lucky to have come during this time as she was currently on holiday from school.

We had a very nice dinner together, with her parents too. We discussed many things together at the table and for once, it was so pleasant as Girl3 could instantly translate whatever was being said on the fly. I was happy to find that I had a few things in common with her dad. We were both hobbyist fishermen and it wasn't long be fore we exchanged fishing tales as he tried his best to tell me stories of his catch near the dacha (summer house).

Then Girl3 and I were left to our own devices and I was "led" to Girl3's room. Ah, such feminine hands (Pic 068). I can never stop touching them. I sat next to her as we kept talking on and on about our shared interests. Philosophy, history etc. I have no doubt she'll make a great historian, debunking historical revisionism among other things, though she dreams of being a future diplomat :(. Obviously I would rather she be a housewife. I've discussed at length with her about this, and she eventually conceded to me she'll be satisfied to be employed by a private company, as she wants to follow her husband.

She says it is normal in their culture to follow the husband, citing the wives of the aristocrats of olden days as evidence. Hmm, I remain dubious. I'm sure I've heard the same story from this forum before and I am sure, Russia has changed considerably for the past century even.

By the way, she is certainly as much of a bookworm as I once were during my high school days. (Pic 072) in particular below reminds me so much of what I used to do! Look at all those fact notes posted to her "wall" in chronological order that needs remembering! It quickly became even more apparent that we shared so so much in common. :)

And that was it for the night. Girl3 wanted me to stay and sleep with her in her room. Looking at this 18 year old lass, I gracefully declined, kissed her, and hurried back to my hotel which was merely a block away though the night was definitely freezing. It was simply too tempting and I didn't want anything to happen! No sex for my trip! ;D Especially not when parents were just living in the neighbouring room.

-Pic066-Pic067-Pic068

I woke up the next day, to the sounds of my phone ringing. It was Girl3 demanding me to be at her home as soon as I can. I checked the time. Jesus, it was 7.30am! These Russian women sure are up and about early, even when they're on holiday!! Happened with Girl1, Girl2... at least the ones I've met anyway.

(Pic 071) was taken in front of her family's apartment block.

We visited her "vocational" school which apparently is compulsory in Russia as well as her normal high school. She had to hand in her holiday homework.

We played at a children's playground (Pic 070), like children. It was only us :D. I don't think they were "in demand" at this time of the year.

-Pic 069) -Pic 070)
-Pic 071) -Pic 072)

Before we knew it, the day was already fast approaching darkness. She took me around the city (Pics 073, 074) and all the way up a famous street where aristocrats used to live. Along the way, we tried looking at the moon from this coin-operated scope (075) and sat down in front of this famous Cathedral (Pic 076). "Holy Dormition Cathedral" I think it was called.

She jumped straight on my lap! Man this lass definitely knows what she wants, without hesitation :D My kind of woman.

We went straight home after that, noticeably shaking from the chilling windy weather.

We were more intimate tonight.  :-* We had such deep kisses that lasted for what felt like it would never actually end. Ah, I think I could feel she wanted so much more from me.

She pushed me down on her bed and sat directly atop my crotch. :rolleyes: Erections followed and I think she felt it perhaps too well. :rolleyes: As if she read my mind, she told me:"My dear, we will not have sex! I am not that kind of woman, I am a virgin!"

I thought, alright that's cool and I told her I felt the same. That we shared similar values as I thought sex is something precious that should be reserved for your special beloved one ;D However, she wanted to pull down my pants still, and give me a "mouth to crotch massage" and I instantly jumped away at that point. "This was going too fast", I thought.

Truth be told, her sex drive was just off the charts! The infamous Russian Woman stereotype, TM'ed  :D. Actually, I'm sure she's always been this way! Throughout our time away from each other (when I was in the hotel room even), she would text me and describe to me how much she desired me whilst she masturbated away to orgasm. Hmm... sometimes I'm doubtful I'll be able to keep up after marriage :-\ But, our minds connected so well! Tis should be but a small issue :D

She further asked me if I would like her to take medical tests to prove that she was indeed still a virgin before we marry and I was laughing to myself in my mind at this point. Is it even possible to prove it for sure? I doubt so. I've read too much about the female biology and I'm pretty sure you can't for certain.

We talked about how many we would like to have. How we would raise our hypothetical children together. All fun.

Girl3 definitely had a traditional sense of family, that's for sure. Again, my kind of woman! :D

-Pic 073) -Pic 074)
-Pic 075) -Pic 076)

Besides an outing with Girl3, Mama and her Brother to the same Cathedral we've visited before, nothing much happened the next day.

We took pictures together in front of many of the famous landmarks of this city (Pics 077, 078, 079, 080, 081, 082).

It was a great family outing, though I realised the children were definitely closer to mama than to papa, even though they've lived together all these years (except her brother who's moved out recently to Grandma's apartment). The reason? All blamed it on alcohol. We'll just leave it at that.

I learnt her brother is a classical pianist too, who's recently gone rogue with his music. :rolleyes:

We returned home holding hands. Mama made dinner for us, and noticed I had some "love bites" on my neck. She didn't speak of it. However, even as we ate, I could feel tonight had a very different atmosphere and rightly so. Tonight was the night when we all finally had a very serious talk with Girl3's mama together.

Mama started sharing her love story with us. O.O" About how she thought her daughter really took after her as she too fell in love with a much older man, 11 years older than her because she had matured very early on and perhaps was too smart for her age to like men of similar age. She told me she fell in love with her husband (papa) at 15, and married at the age of 17 and gave birth to a son aged 18. From the tremors in her voice, I could sense she was meant  what she said. That said, she approved of us and thought we were a good match. She thought I was a good boy. Indeed, I think I am, always! :) I have my honor to protect.

We discussed Girl3's future, somewhat, and the conversation then lightened up abit as I shared my family photos with her. They were curious, of my family, my background, everything essentially. How we lived in the UK, what the weather was like in England (dull for sure XD) etc etc. Ah good times.

-Pic 077) -Pic 078)
-Pic 079) -Pic 080)
-Pic 081) -Pic 082)

These (Pics 083, 084) were panoramic shots of a very famous street very near the Cathedral. Statues present were all made of copper and just like the statue of liberty, had pretty much turned greenish blue completely except for certain spots, like the nose which are frequently tourist touched and rubbed.

-Pic 083)
-Pic 084)

I didn't know what Girl3 had planned for me on the fourth day as we've pretty much exhausted the most famous sites to visit, but I never quite imagined she would take me around the city to go window-shopping!! Wasn't something I fancied.  :-\

She took me to the largest shopping malls, dragged me along to various clothing outlets, all the while asking me to guess what she liked in the store. That was enjoyable but the fun quickly wore off as I became more accustomed to her tastes.

Thank goodness she didn't ask me to buy them! Then I would have had suspicions she was a gold-digger! Even though our month-long correspondence had shown she should be wiser than to be afflicted by materialism. We visited a few souvenir shops where I bought a couple of beer glasses to remind me of her city.

Now I was a little bit annoyed at this point, as my hands felt like they were increasingly "burning". It was like frost-bite. No it definitely felt like frost-bite! Hence I told her I didn't see the point of us going all the way around the city, window-shopping as I would rather spend the limited time that I have left in Vladimir touring memorable places, and making our time together a very special memory before I have to leave.

I didn't realise I'll had made her cry at this point as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I don't even want to think about you leaving already!" exclaimed Girl3, flustered, angry and sad.

I felt quite sorry at this point. I wiped away her tears and told her we won't think about it, but I would rather we go somewhere special, richer in history perhaps.

So we walked again, slowly, and wandered ever closer to the embankment as we took these pictures together (Pics 085, 086, 087), trying my best to cheer her up and calm her nerves down ever so slightly, telling her this was only just, "the beginning".

-Pic 085) -Pic 086)
-Pic 087)

Ah, my final day of stay in Vladimir. What an emotional roller-coaster few days it's been. I think Girl3 and I truly shared a very strong connection. I've never talked to a FSU woman who possessed such a strong command of English and one who could really understand me and to some extent, read my mind so well.

If there was ever a thing like a soulmate in this world. This would probably be it, I reckon.

This time, we left via taxi just before noon for the train station, where we hugged and kissed like mad.

As I held her in my arms, gently caressing her back, tears started rolling down her cheeks and before I knew it, she was already sobbing uncontrollably, non-stop, seemingly oblivious to the curious pedestrian onlookers. I think I've never made a girl cry this hard, ever :(. Never once, in my entire life had I ever felt so bad about leaving someone behind. Yet, we knew it had to happen. She had to fulfill her obligations, as did I.

Yet, for once in my life, I didn't know a man could feel so lost. Lost in uncertainty, lost in thought, lost in feeling...

I left her some souvenirs before I left (Pic 088). She on the other hand, gave me a locket that she said, was the most precious item that she had in her possession. She wanted me to have it so that I could bring it back to her the next time we met. Ah how ingenious! My heart was touched.

Even after I've gone, she would take pictures of herself, hugging teddy to sleep. Very cute :P

:'( And Even days after I've departed, we never ceased our correspondence, and in fact we kept talking alot, via voice messages like this one below so much so that it was obvious that she's fallen for me, quite hard. :-[

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1BrBhzdHzJlfLne-YLErfAS2D1HX7Sgt8/view

-Pic 088)

Moscow
Ah, finally I'm back in familiar Moscow! By this time, the snow had all but melted away. I finally had some downtime now! :D Man I really needed it after such a passionate and soulful time with Girl3. It took me almost three days before I felt I was ready to date again and even so, she remained unforgettable at the back of my mind.

I originally intended to stay at the backup place that I've originally booked but the bunk bed was just too uncomfortable and I found that I couldn't possibly do anything productive at all, from my bunk. Most of my fellow bunk mates were workers from nearby cities. Many Asians like this guy from Saratov (Pic 089), working the nightshift, doing the hard labour in Moscow. Even though my experience is anecdotal, I definitely noticed lots of people of the Asian-look stereotype working the lower wage jobs in Moscow (Pic 090). Most were probably from the surrounding FSU states and I am sure to these folks, Moscow is still pretty much the place to be.

Trivia: How the hell did this overpriced piece of s*** make it here?? :o (Pic 091). Shocked I was for sure

-089-090-091

Straightaway the next day after I've arrived back in Moscow, I moved to a much more comfortable place to stay around Arbat. Finally, I have regained some privacy! Phew. It wasn't too shabby (Pic 092) :D. Ate at the nearby Burger King (Pic 093), where I was just completely taken aback by the fact that tomato sauce is NO LONGER dispensed FREE!!! What?? Moscow? A city of such cultural sophistication? Why?? :/

-Pic 092) -Pic 093)

It was such a very nice area to stay. Tis Beautiful Arbat (Pics 094, 095). I wasn't too impressed with the drainage systems of the main streets though. They were quite clogged up even when the snow melted and I can't seem to understand why the drain here for example drains onto the asphalt and damages it for sure (Pic 096). The red square had better storm gutters (Pic 097).

I visited the famous G.U.M mall and had their iconic icecream.

-Pic 094) -Pic 095)
-Pic 096) -Pic 097)

The rest of my downtime days were spent wandering around the Red Square. I saw Stalin's Mausoleum (Pic 098) though I couldn't get in.

There, I had the misfortune to encounter scammers (Pic 099). Their modus operandi was this. First, they would ask where you're from. Then they'll asked whether you'll like pictures with them in their fancy costumes, To which I thought, why not?

Once pictures have been taken, THEN, they'll suddenly hit you with their fees. "You need to pay us 3000 rubles, for photos, it's standard rate"

Oh man you should've seen my face turn so sour. "No. WE NEVER AGREED TO THIS!"I bellowed, already incensed. However, these folks won't let up. So I told them:"OK! I can do WITHOUT THE PHOTOS! LET'S DELETE THEM!". And I did, except for this one (Pic 099). :D

They were sorely mistaken if they think they could play me around. What audacity! As instantly as they came with all smiles, they left and gave up without delay. Seeking their next prey, no doubt.

Moscow was definitely a very lively city with lots of things to "discover", like this heater chair on the bus that ran off the engine heat that I've discovered by chance (Pic 100). I watched this "Russian Hip Hop Championship" (Pic 101) with fellow Russians in the common room when I wasn't out and about. It seems it's quite a hit with teens :D

I had myself registered (Pic 103) at the Russian State Library (Pic 102). I've always loved libraries :D Won't miss them for anything else, especially this one with such a rich history.

To any fellow adventurers venturing into Moscow, I high recommend dropping by :D It would help to know how to read a little Russian though.

-Pic 098) -Pic 099)
-Pic 100) -Pic 101)
-Pic 102) -Pic 103)

Finally, today was the day I met Girl4. The last girl I've had very long correspondence with before I set out planning my trip. We met right in the afternoon, on a sunny day near her university. I handed her flowers (21 roses to be exact, fresh from the Riga Flower Market) and she was pleased. She kept telling me:"Oh it's too much!!".

She asked me where I wanted to go, so I took charge. I decided for us to go the the Red Square, where we took this nice picture (Pic 104) together in front of the Statue of General Zhukov, a character I highly admire for his strategic brilliance.

However, the date was very short-lived and it lasted only till early evening as we quickly realised we didn't share similar values.

"Forgive me for asking, but how much do you make as a student?" she asked, without shame. Hahaha. "Not much, just enough to live by" I answered wryly.

"Oh", said Girl4, lost in thought, seemingly becoming uninterested in our conversation, the longer it went on. We'll just leave it at that. I've pretty much lost my interest at this point.

As a side note, I think ultimately, this is of the utmost importance when searching for a partner to live your life with. Soulmate, Chemistry etc you may call it whatever you want. To me, it is simply herd mentality.

I do not proclaim to be a "love guru" know-it-all. However, I think I do have ideas as to how strong relationships are built and this is my theory:

We all want to feel cared for, loved. We all want to be somewhere familiar, somewhere safe. Only then, can trust develop, And only with trust, can love blossom. And for that to develop, we surely indeed, need to possess and share the same values, beliefs. I.e Belonging to the same herd. And the more values you share, the stronger the relationship will last.

-Pic 104) -Pic 105)

I had a couple of other dates with various women from different backgrounds all over Moscow but none I found shared as deep a connection as Girl3. As such, I've grown to cherish her more every passing day :)

Sometimes I think Mendy was spot on, when he explained that you were more likely wasting your time in big cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg, where womens' standards and expectations were simply too much for the commoner.

To hell with their stuck up attitude and materialism! Coincidentally, little towns/cities seem to have given me the best result. Worked for me :D

Besides dating inconsequentially on and off, I spent the rest of my days in Moscow touring. Pic 105 showed a man planted on a pillar. Pic 106 was taken with the Moscow Financial Centre as a backdrop. Pic 108 shows the famous Lomonosov University as the background.

I had the chance to witness the sunset from the hilltops near the Red Square (Pics 108, 109). The Moscow skyline is simply beautiful in its own right. A city that never sleeps.

-Pic 106) -Pic 107)
-Pic 108) -Pic 109)

Pic 110 shows my final Sunset in Russia as I journeyed back to Arbat, for the last time... before I set out tomorrow.

-Pic 110)

The night before I left, I also had the chance to catch this (Pic 111) mesmerising street. Beautiful for sure and reminded me of London.

I woke up the next day early in the morning, to the sounds of someone knocking my door. Ah, it's the receptionist reminding me to pack up and leave by noon. And leave I did, this time, on the Aeroexpress on my final leg to Sheremetyevo Airport! (Pic 112) -Continued Below
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:34:42 PM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline jone

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »
Thank you for sharing your stories with us.  I should note that pictures 111 and 112 did not appear.  Perhaps you can share them with a follow-up post.  What is the current situation with Girl 3? 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »

Kyn, I can honestly say that was the best trip report I've ever read written in ONE post.

Girl #1 - I wouldn't hold it against her that she resisted your arm being put around her waist. She's living in a Muslim conservative city and may only let her "husband" put his arm around her waist.

Girl #2 - Other men been in your shoes meeting a girl that is different than they expected. If it was the only girl they were meeting, they may have felt pressure to make it work.

Girl #3 - Sounds like she'd devoted to you and physically attracted to you. If you marry her, I hope you have a lot of stamina. Don't disappoint.

Girl #4 - Living in Moscow she probably does have higher standards. Remember me saying you being a student and not making an income to support a family is a turn off for many of these girls. If you marry girl #3, although she loves you now, if you fail to financially support the family when she comes to live with you, she will be as cold as girl #4.

Some guys twice your age can't figure out scammers and gold diggers and consequently go and visit them but you seem to have found and visited four women that doesn't meet that description. Very impressive.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 02:26:32 PM »
(Continuation). Sorry it didn't post. Probably exceeded the limit.

Finally, I'm off! :) I noticed tiny snow crystals were forming inside my cabin window (Pic 114), more proof this plane I was flying back on was already a very old 737.

I was surprised to see this (Pic 114) "Meditation Room" as it's called whilst in Amsterdam. I didn't imagine it'll ever be possible for people of different faiths to pray together in the same room. Wow! :D

-Pic 111) -Pic 112)
-Pic 113) -Pic 114)

Frankly, I was so so tired when I came back to London, and then to Oxford to continue my work where I left off. Still, Girl3 and I kept up our communication and one day, she decided with her mama that I must start learning the RUSSIAN language! :o :D

I told her I'll try my best, and she was very pleased. I could see how committed she was, writing all those notes (Pic 115) for me to learn from :'( Ah, at times, I do not know whether to feel lucky or unfortunate.

At the very least, if my relationship with Girl3 doesn't endure and last, I can take solace in that I would've at least learnt Russian abit, and hopefully grown the wiser :)

-Pic 115)

I did not know what to expect, When I first set out on this trip. Heck, I did not even know or understand Russian. Rather than being afraid to fail, I've always been more afraid of not trying hard enough. Otherwise, there will always be a sense of melancholy in my mind. "Did I try hard enough"? "Did I miss anything?". As such, I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

I did not set out to prove anything. Perhaps, if I wanted to, I would think I've proved that it is true that an FSU trip can be done, even if one is on a shoestring budget like myself.

Not all shall find their one and only, especially the first time. However, I sincerely believe if you look hard and deep enough, there will still be excellent FSU women to be had, ones who will share a strong connection. To all fellow RWD-ers who may still be searching in the FSU, don't give up easily...

Fellow RWD-ers, its been a privilege to be a part of this forum. Without the combined wealth of experience of members here, I couldn't have imagined how I would have managed and for that, I'm ever grateful. In hindsight, all the experiences I've read have truly taught me to avoid at least several potholes along the way, in my search for my woman in the FSU. Hence, this is my contribution to this fascinating RWD databank of knowledge.

Although I'm now committed, I'm under no illusions that our relationship as a young couple might still end up a failure. At the very least, if that were to happen, I'll know what to do; from talking to girls again all the way to jumping on a plane again and producing another trip report! :)

-Pic116)

Taken whilst flying high above the clouds back to London, looking on as the sun sets, pondering. One is optimistic of the future, but one certainly wonders...what this new beginning will hold, for both Girl3 and I...

Until then Ladies and Gents  :couple:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:44:54 PM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »
hey kyn, awesome trip!!  so glad you made a connection with that girl and hope it will continue.  Got your message.  Can't reply as they disabled my private messaging here so send me your e-mail or FB etc. by message and I'll connect with you there.

Start with the easy words in Russian!  Good morning, good day, how are you? I want this... The grammar is a pain but you see patterns. If she wants you to learn Russian it sounds like she is thinking towards the future!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1901
Total: 1912

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM