It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Adjustment of status/form I-485 questions  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Brianinaz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Adjustment of status/form I-485 questions
« on: April 20, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »
I have a few questions for those who have successfully completed the adjustment of status process. I tried calling both USCIS and the Dept of State Visa Section; USCIS told me they couldn't answer the question on which option (question 3 below) because they weren't allowed to tell me which option to chose. I explained that form I-797 tells you your I-130 has been approved but dosen't say anything about availability of a visa number. I kept trying to tell her all I wanted to know is if an approved I-130 gives you an "immediatly available number". No luck with that. It was like trying to ask my dog the same question. :cluebat: I was on hold with State for 55 minutes when I gave up.

1) For a K3 visa where on the visa is the visa number? There is nothing on the visa that actually say's "visa number". In the top right there is a "control number". Towards the bottom right there is a number in red with no identification. Then along the very bottom is a very long string of letters and numbers. Which is the actual visa number?

2) Does everyone with a non-immigrant (K3) visa have an "alien number"? If so how do you find out what it is?

3) In part 2 of the I-485 form there is a check list of options where you indicate the reason you are applying for adjustment to perminant resident status. Option "a" is "an immigrant visa giving me an immediately available visa number that has been approved". The question I have is does an approved I-130 give you an immediately available visa number?

Thanks
Brian

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:48:29 PM by Brianinaz »

Offline SMS60

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Adjustment of status/form I-485 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
I was involved with a K-1........... Some things could be different

1. The red number is the visa #.......8 digits and yes it does not say anything next to it.

2.  The alien # is put on the I-94 when you are checked in at POE with a K-1. If you do not recieve a alien number for some reason or not you will be issued one when you apply for the I-485. If she did not receive one at POE put "none" for that question. It also asks for the I-94 #. This will be what they use to get her application going. When you receive the receipt for the I-485 is when the alien # will show up. Some K-2's are not issued alien # at POE.

3.I dont know 100% for sure. But you can count out answers c,d,e,f,g,h and most likely b, so it leaves a,
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline Rutherford

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »
We used this  site for this type of stuff  ,    all answers are here  .
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »

The red number on the visa is the visa# but I don't think that is needed.
The only thing needed for further removal of conditions would be the alien # of the spouse.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:30:30 PM by tfcrew »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2359
Total: 2370

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM