It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Two kinds of passports in Ukraine?  (Read 5198 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Two kinds of passports in Ukraine?
« on: November 09, 2021, 09:18:24 AM »
Is there a traveling passport and an internal regular passport? Someone told me this recently - not sure if this is true or not.

Offline cameraguymn

Re: Two kinds of passports in Ukraine?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »
Well I learned something new today. There are indeed two. One for travel abroad and one for internal id.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 09:40:13 AM »
Is there a traveling passport and an internal regular passport? Someone told me this recently - not sure if this is true or not.

Yes, there certainly are two passports.

At the most innocent level, the internal passport acted somewhat  like our drivers license.  i.e. Just a simple method of identification.

But at a more sinister level, the internal one was how the Soviet system kept control over the population.

For instance, just one example is that the internal one was stamped with the person's assigned place of residence.  Had to get permission to move.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
Had to get permission to move.

That depends on where one moved.  One could move easily to non closed cities, but it was difficult to move to closed cities.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Brillynt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 02:15:57 PM »
Internal passports also show if you are married, how many children you have until they are adults. Though Ukraine is now switching to more of a ID card instead of a internal passport. For a little while there were 2 kinds of international passports. Biometric and non Biometric, my wife has one of both. One thing my wife did not like was that my ID's and passport did not show my marital status. Fortunately I was truely single when we met.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 07:40:49 AM »
One thing my wife did not like was that my ID's and passport did not show my marital status. Fortunately I was truely single when we met.

Yeah there a bit like that over that way aren't they lol. While I understand some married guys go there to discreetly play away I get the impression many of the women kind of have a certain mindset with regards to feelings on some issues such as not being able to verify if a guy is single.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM