It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just another introduction  (Read 32948 times)

Offline DCcowboy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Just another introduction
« on: December 08, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »
Hey y'all, I am one of the few people in DC wearing cowboy boots with a suit. About 10 months ago I was looking for a significant other and stumbled across a thread praising Russian women, this got me interested. So I started looking, and eventually started communicating with a wonderful lady from Moscow a little over a month ago off of Elenasmodels. We moved from their forum to email, exchanging several pictures, but communication was difficult the free translators going from English to Russian must not be good. Then we moved too a ppl site, which we looked at several and settled on one together. This has worked well. We have been in almost daily communication. Then once a week we have started doing video calls. She does not speak English, but started English classes after we decided to give it a go and see where it leads. Although she speaks about 10-20 words we speak in our native tongues and chat about it later. Hearing each others voices has been good. I also started a babble account to learn Russian. She has already said she wants to visit me in March. That's me in a nut shell as it relates to this forum. BTW everything they say about Russian women is true. We are already referring to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend to others. She is kind, gracious, intelligent, family oriented, oh and beautiful (looks very similar to Katya Guseva)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:23:26 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Just another introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »

Welcome to the forum DCcowboy. It's very difficult for an FSU woman to get a tourist visa to visit you. Has she already travelled to America in the past?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 07:25:42 PM »
Hi DCcowboy welcome to RWD.

Lived in Moscow for 6 years good city, not as good as NYC but it's a great place to meet RW. As someone who's learned Russian my advice is to take classes to learn the alphabet and basic Russian from a native speaker unless you're gifted with languages learning from a professional will get you off to a good start. Being able to speak some Russian will go along way IMO to impress a RW. Perhaps learn what she likes to eat and cook for her when she visits and take her out for some Russian food while she's in DC.

As for her visiting you in March a piece of advice on getting her visa. IMO she shouldn't say she's going to DC to visit her boyfriend or a friend. Too much chance the embassy staff will reject her. When I was living in Moscow and married to my Russian wife, my wife was denied a visa to the US. Apparently spouses being denied visas to the US is not uncommon.

IMO your friend should say she's taking a vacation to the US to see Washington, the Capitol, White House, going to visit NYC, etc. This way the embassy staff will have less reason to believe she'll overstay her visa and remain in the US.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
BillyB, No, but she has a good career, and owns a apartment and evidently will not be putting on her visa that she is coming to meet her boyfriend. We are keeping are fingers crossed.

DaveNY, that is exactly what we were thinking, it is DC however!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:29:44 PM by DCcowboy »

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »
BillyB, No, but she has a good career, and owns a apartment and evidently will not be putting on her visa that she is coming to meet her boyfriend. We are keeping are fingers crossed.

DaveNY, that is exactly what we were thinking, it is DC however!

Welcome to the site,

I don't want to be negative or discourage you, but seriously think about visiting her first. I destroyed my chances with a great women by doing what you're  attempting.

We chatted everyday like you. She had excellent English, 4 uni degrees and a high paying job by Russian standards. She owned a luxury apartment outright and had extensive savings in the bank, to support her holiday. She had travelled to many European countries due to her job and also vacationed in countries such as Israel. She had two children in Russia, one in primary school and one in university. Her work gave supportive evidence for her tourist visa application stating that she held a vital role in the company and when she was expected to return. She also had documents stating her good character, from a high  school friend  who worked in our embassy in Moscow and now works for our government here.

Despite probably some of the best corroborating evidence any Russian woman could have for a visa, her  application was denied, due to lack of evidence she will return to Russia.  Being knocked back made her feel like a criminal (her words). She was bitterly disappointed, because she was so sure she would get the visa

I offered to meet in a 3rd country and we did manage to continue our online relationship for a month longer with no real ill effects, but I could sense she was still  annoyed. Eventually she lost her enthusiasm for "us" and it died a slow death.

We still plan to meet in several months, but I'm not holding out much hope as our relationship is nothing like it was before.

A secondary issue is once she has had one failed visa attempt it puts a red mark against her  next attempt. It's just not with the risk if you eventually plan to have a future together in your country.

All this could have been avoided , if I had listened to some of the members here and didn't think that what we had and her situation was special compared with all the other couples who have been unsuccessful, when trying to get a tourist visa before meeting in person.

My advice is to get on a plane as soon as you can..... another piece of advice I ignored and have probably paid the price for.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:34:13 PM by Davo2 »

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
Davo2, It is not that I did not offer, one thing I have found is that RW seem to be strong willed and when they make their mind up about something, there is no talking them out of it. I will try again. She did tell me that she read those stories of denied visa. I am hoping because I live in one of those world tourist places that it helps. But I will try again. Thank you for sharing your story.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »
Davo2, It is not that I did not offer, one thing I have found is that RW seem to be strong willed and when they make their mind up about something, there is no talking them out of it. I will try again. She did tell me that she read those stories of denied visa. I am hoping because I live in one of those world tourist places that it helps. But I will try again. Thank you for sharing your story.

Hey I hope it works out for you. If it does, please make a detailed account here of how you pulled it off. If it doesn't jump on a plane asap, as I'm sure like in my case she'll be feeling very dejected.

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:43:24 PM by Davo2 »

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
Thanks davo2. ;)

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »
Well DC, this sounds like a few girls I spoken to a few months back.

In 1 months time, you went from elena's, to personal email and finally to a ppl site? Now have daily communication and weekly video calls? May I ask what you are spending each week for this?

Not a good sign if girl doesn't want you to visit. Was it girl's recommendation for ppl site and you agreed?

If you want, play it out and see where it goes!!! Good luck!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 03:48:42 AM »
Cowboy time to cowboy up this is dating f s u not for the weak.  Buy a ticket and visa to Moscow tell her your arrival date and see how she looks after you.  If she fails look around at the women in Moscow.  A nice u s a boy will get eaten alive In the f s u.  I write this from a bath in the ukraine where my gf spoke no English before we met .  Our 3 rd week together in 3 months.  Everything written about failed visas to usa and UK is true.  Get your arse over there and find out if she's true anyone can be a key board Romeo and Juliet.  I have really started to wonder if this web site is for scared little betas 

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 08:05:41 AM »
Thanks for the advice, but already decided to buy a ticket last night. I set my visit for middle of March, with work that is the soonest I could get free. I actually go after what I want, type A personally. But also don't want her to feel that I  dictating her life. And yes I know they say RW like to have a decisive man.

ppl Average $65 a week. This is helping her and me get comfortable with each other. We actually decided together on the ppl site amorousstory, it is the cheapest I could find. We also use the whatsup app, I just translate using Google translate into Russian and to English. She did not say she didn't want me to visit, she just wanted to try to come here first. We have very similar views on topics, I love her personality, similar tastes on food, and entertainment and not ignoring the fact she is beautiful. I am sure if it does not work and I am in Moscow it would not be a wasted visit.

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »
DC Welcome

Am I the only one slapping my forehead at your breaking THE #1 rule - DO NOT JOIN ppl sites.....

Matey, you are wasting your time and money - most of us have worn the t-shirt and wised up .......

HOW can you be chatting on WhatsApp and still paying for letters ...?

IF this seems harsh - it's supposed to ....  We're rooting for you ...  We're on your side ..... PLEASE listen...

You are going to end up being fleeced in Moscow

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »
DC Welcome

Am I the only one slapping my forehead at your breaking THE #1 rule - DO NOT JOIN ppl sites.....

Matey, you are wasting your time and money - most of us have worn the t-shirt and wised up .......

HOW can you be chatting on WhatsApp and still paying for letters ...?

IF this seems harsh - it's supposed to ....  We're rooting for you ...  We're on your side ..... PLEASE listen...

You are going to end up being fleeced in Moscow

I agree with Moby and was also wondering why someone didn't wise him up.
I was too lazy and tired of doing it many times before to comment earlier.

Really surprising to see any half-way intelligent man doing this.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »
Thank you for the welcome.  :cluebat:
yeah I know that ppl sites are bad, but so is alcohol, but I still drink it. She did not speak English when we started. Now she is in English classes, and learning. So it is only meant to be a crutch. I did not intend on it continuing for ever. Maybe 2 months at the most. We are starting to use more whatsup app now. Thank God for Google translate I am only paying for translation one way on the ppl site.

How hard is it for single RW to get into Germany?

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
Thank you for the welcome.  :cluebat:
yeah I know that ppl sites are bad, but so is alcohol, but I still drink it. She did not speak English when we started. Now she is in English classes, and learning.

Paying for the lessons ? ...

So it is only meant to be a crutch. I did not intend on it continuing for ever. Maybe 2 months at the most. We are starting to use more whatsup app now. Thank God for Google translate I am only paying for translation one way on the ppl site.

How hard is it for single RW to get into Germany?

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-statistics-2017/

I consider Iceland or Finland, first .... ;)

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
DC -- you need to spend a lot of time on basic info available here on forum -- and as ML said above -it can get a little tedious repeating "advice" here.
So-- forget Germany -go see 'her" in her world.

On communication --  go to Viber -- it can give you 2 way near enough instant and the simplest translation -- you can see (both ways) talk and write etc.Recent upgrades make translation the simplest and easy ( yes-I know others do some or similar) and Viber is free.

On the PPL issue -- get off regardless --offer her the money in direct way if you think that is an issue.  I have written extensively about sites and why they simply cannot be trusted -- and telling you to keep using it is a major major worry!

That said--  some of the most notorious sites can make a contact --but --it could cost a small fortune to work your way into reality . Most-- and I empathise MOST guys will never survive that maze.Not saying your scenario is impossible -- but -- a lot of red flags there -or at least orange ones !

So-- she has discovered English recently?mmmm   Who is paying for the "lessons"?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »
Paying for the lessons ? ...
I tried, believe me... she will not accept it. She is paying.
She said she was raised that way. I have been successful at sending flowers but that's about all she would accept.

Thanks for the information on Viber we will give it a try.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:46:39 AM by DCcowboy »

Offline JayH

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 11:40:49 AM »
I tried, believe me... she will not accept it. She said she was raised that way. I have been successful at sending flowers but that's about all she would accept.

You sent flowers -How?
Direct to "her" address?   Or through the site?
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »
Through the site. She did get them.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
Thanks for the information on Viber we will give it a try.
hmmmmm. Just tried the Viber app they want to charge as much per minute as the ppl site charges per word. Yes cheaper but still not free ....whatsup is free.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »
Skype has FREE translation for Russian

I THINK it is free -- but haven't tried it for a while

http://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34542/how-do-i-set-up-and-use-skype-translator

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »
hmmmmm. Just tried the Viber app they want to charge as much per minute as the ppl site charges per word. Yes cheaper but still not free ....whatsup is free.

You are looking at it wrong, Viber out is to make calls to a "normal number"

Viber is completely free same as whatsapp, with the + side that there is computer apps that works lika charm as well, both chat and voice and videocall
(though I don't believe the translation works through the desktop version)

Skype has built in translation that works in both phone and desktop version, and same here, completely free..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline JayH

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Through the site. She did get them.

You know this how?
She sent photo with flowers? Right?
You are going to say "yes" -- and guys here are rolling on the floor --crying.

Offline JayH

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »
You are looking at it wrong, Viber out is to make calls to a "normal number"

Viber is completely free same as whatsapp, with the + side that there is computer apps that works lika charm as well, both chat and voice and videocall
(though I don't believe the translation works through the desktop version)

Skype has built in translation that works in both phone and desktop version, and same here, completely free..

Correct correct   & correct!! ;D
You can still translate via google on laptop .
Moby is also correct -- was using SKYPE  system a long time ago.
On Viber --I use phone simultaneously with computer to give the easiest translation.Often it is  easier for her to write faster in Ukrainian & Russian and let me figure it out from there .It is usually more complicated issues where clear understanding is required fast.
Viber updates are coming all the time and it has got better and better.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »
Ahhhh.... Just got that. Thanks guy's

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1872
Total: 1883

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM