It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian Troops captured in Ukraine.  (Read 37992 times)

Offline lonedrake

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Russian Troops captured in Ukraine.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »
The USA and its bullshit Second Amendment - I hope the gun-happy bunch on here are so proud of how that continues to work so well!

I don't understand why you(actually anyone from another country) would even care about our Second Amendment?

I like it,support it and it seems most Americans are in agreement. Sure many have opinions on certain guns,ammo etc,but it appears it will stay for quite a while.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 04:49:10 AM »
And the latest atrocity - a nine-year-old girl in Arizona kills her gun instructor accidentally when she loses control of the Uzi sub-machine gun that she's learning to use!  The USA and its bullshit Second Amendment - I hope the gun-happy bunch on here are so proud of how that continues to work so well!

http://qz.com/256510/that-arizona-uzi-shooting-by-a-9-year-old-girl-is-one-of-several-hundred-accidental-shootings-that-will-happen-this-year/

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizona-girl-fatal-shooting-accident/index.html

These are just two of hundreds of stories about this outrageous, and totally avoidable, waste of a life.

What's next?????

Pure hyperbole. Attempting to capitalize on an unfortunate accident to support your inane political position. You don't "get it" and you'll never "get it"  :rolleyes: Why not find you a few Iraqi Christians to quiz and see if they would mind having access to arms. Better yet find some Ukrainians in Donbass and Lughansk and gather their thoughts on on gun control. It's real easy to piss and moan, point fingers and believe yourself holier than thou as you live in your white bread world. However, when the time comes and, it will come that you need protection from your own government or other forces out of your control, the chances are that you'll change your current position.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISIS-Iraq-Douglas-McAuthur-McCain/2014/08/27/id/591178/

The government is tracking at least 300 Americans who may be fighting with the Islamic State's terrorists in Iraq and Syria as concerns mount that the terror organization could become a threat to homeland security, senior U.S. officials say.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
I don't understand why you(actually anyone from another country) would even care about our Second Amendment?

I like it,support it and it seems most Americans are in agreement. Sure many have opinions on certain guns,ammo etc,but it appears it will stay for quite a while.

I don't care about the Amendment as such - I just can't understand why a supposedly civilised country would give the opportunity to so many people to needlessly kill themselves or each other.  One of the articles I referenced stated that hundreds of Americans are killed in accidental shootings every year.  That's on top of 10,000 shooting murders and 20,000 shooting suicides last year.

Something I posted last year, updated with the latest data:

New Zealand (population 4.5 million) had 47 murders last year, of which eight were shootings.

Auckland (population 1.5 million) had four murders last year.  The last murder with a gun in Auckland was three years ago (and the drug dealer who shot the plainclothes detective placing a bug under his car claimed it was an accident because he thought it was a rival gang member trying to damage his vehicle, and that he never meant to kill the officer.  As it was a dark night, with very little street lighting filtering into the driveway, I'm actually inclined to believe that the officer may well have been very unlucky to be a fatality).

Phoenix (population 1.5 million) had 125 murders last year.  If the current rate of 63% of deaths being shootings is also relevant to last year, that would mean approximately 80 people were shot dead in Phoenix in 2013 (I can't find the actual numbers because Phoenix PD stats appear to be available only by request).

Philadelphia (population 1.5 million) had 247 murders last year.  1,128 people were shot by others, and 201 of them died.

What does the future hold for Annie Oakley Junior?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 05:49:56 AM »
Pure hyperbole. Attempting to capitalize on an unfortunate accident to support your inane political position. You don't "get it" and you'll never "get it"  :rolleyes:

I won the bet  :clapping: - you were always going to react in this way.

What is inane about wanting a less violent world?  If you mean I don't "get" the Second Amendment, I'll happily agree.  Why can't you realise that it's your country that's out of step with most of the rest of the western world, not the other way around?

Why not find you a few Iraqi Christians to quiz and see if they would mind having access to arms. Better yet find some Ukrainians in Donbass and Lughansk and gather their thoughts on on gun control.

You have had the nerve to berate me (more than once) about using a "straw man" argument in the past, and this is the best that you can come up with?  Please explain how ISIS terrorists rampaging across northern Iraq are remotely comparable to the situation in United States suburbia.  The Ukrainians you wish to drag into this argument might be a bit closer to your less than utopian ideal, but they're still in the middle of an ongoing armed conflict which is near enough to a civil war - again, hardly the stuff of American cities at the present time.  I would happily become an arms dealer to help out in such situations, but that decision bears absolutely no relation to your comfortable existence.

It's real easy to piss and moan, point fingers and believe yourself holier than thou as you live in your white bread world. However, when the time comes and, it will come that you need protection from your own government or other forces out of your control, the chances are that you'll change your current position.

I don't "piss and moan" or believe myself to be "holier than thou" and, unlike you and your paranoia, I certainly don't believe that I will EVER "need protection from my own government."  As for "other forces out of my control" - I thought your opinion was that New Zealand was so insignificant that nobody would ever bother us?  As I posted a week or two ago, I'll let you know when the invasion arrives.  :wallbash:

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 06:39:21 AM »
I won the bet  :clapping: - you were always going to react in this way.

What is inane about wanting a less violent world?  If you mean I don't "get" the Second Amendment, I'll happily agree.  Why can't you realise that it's your country that's out of step with most of the rest of the western world, not the other way around?

What bet? You've fantasized a bet, with me? AK, for a seemingly intelligent man, you can be mighty dense at times. You don't get any of it. Most Americans have no desire to march lock goose step with the rest of the world. The reason America has been one of the best countries in the world is not despite it's constitution, it's because of it.

The mere idea that government should fear the people and not the other way around obviously, is not a concept you can grasp. Removing guns from a society does nothing to quell or suppress violence. That is an empty promise and been proven exactly, nowhere. Why you feel all warm and fuzzy because someone might be knocked over the head and killed with an iron pipe over being shot is beyond me. Please explain that if you would?  ::)

You have had the nerve to berate me (more than once) about using a "straw man" argument in the past, and this is the best that you can come up with?  Please explain how ISIS terrorists rampaging across northern Iraq are remotely comparable to the situation in United States suburbia.  The Ukrainians you wish to drag into this argument might be a bit closer to your less than utopian ideal, but they're still in the middle of an ongoing armed conflict which is near enough to a civil war - again, hardly the stuff of American cities at the present time.  I would happily become an arms dealer to help out in such situations, but that decision bears absolutely no relation to your comfortable existence.

This is just more of reality that you "don't get". It's not a strawman, you just won't face the realities of the world today or realize the connection and, far into the future. The Iraqis have been disarmed long before the intelligentsia of your little island country decided it would be a good thing to do. Funny, it never stopped the violence there, did it? Yeah maybe the incidents of accidental shooting almost disappeared. Never mind the fact that wholesale murder occurs there every minute. Ukrainians have long been denied the right to bear arms. More you "don't get" is the commonality between those two situations. They can't defend themselves against ISIS, against Russian Terrorist, against Ukrainian army. Why? Because they have been denied the right to possess weapons. The only folks there who have weapons are the bad guys. Now imagine yourself a Ukrainian farmer in Donbass or a Christian in Iraqi Mosul. Right now, just envision that.

I don't "piss and moan" or believe myself to be "holier than thou" and, unlike you and your paranoia, I certainly don't believe that I will EVER "need protection from my own government."  As for "other forces out of my control" - I thought your opinion was that New Zealand was so insignificant that nobody would ever bother us?  As I posted a week or two ago, I'll let you know when the invasion arrives.  :wallbash:

Sure you do. With quotes like this:

I don't care about the Amendment as such - I just can't understand why a supposedly civilised country would give the opportunity to so many people to needlessly kill themselves or each other.

Apparently you believe your little country has it all figured out. Reality check, you don't. The only thing you have figured out is the inability to protect yourself. You've bought in, hook, line and sinker the mantra of those wishing to control you and, you are controlled. Obviously, you're a happy controlled minion and if so, good for you. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for everyone else. I hope the day never comes but, when it does and those forces show up at your door as they have in Iraq and Ukraine, (just your honest answer here) what will you do?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:42:36 AM by Faux Pas »

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 01:57:31 PM »

And the latest atrocity - a nine-year-old girl in Arizona kills her gun instructor accidentally when she loses control of the Uzi sub-machine gun that she's learning to use! 

Look at it this way Kiwi, the gun instructor won't do that again. 

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »
I don't care about the Amendment as such - I just can't understand why a supposedly civilised country would give the opportunity to so many people to needlessly kill themselves or each other.  One of the articles I referenced stated that hundreds of Americans are killed in accidental shootings every year.  That's on top of 10,000 shooting murders and 20,000 shooting suicides last year.

New Zealand (population 4.5 million) had 47 murders last year, of which eight were shootings.

Auckland (population 1.5 million) had four murders last year.  The last murder with a gun in Auckland was three years ago (and the drug dealer who shot the plainclothes detective placing a bug under his car claimed it was an accident because he thought it was a rival gang member trying to damage his vehicle, and that he never meant to kill the officer.  As it was a dark night, with very little street lighting filtering into the driveway, I'm actually inclined to believe that the officer may well have been very unlucky to be a fatality).

Phoenix (population 1.5 million) had 125 murders last year.  If the current rate of 63% of deaths being shootings is also relevant to last year, that would mean approximately 80 people were shot dead in Phoenix in 2013 (I can't find the actual numbers because Phoenix PD stats appear to be available only by request).

Philadelphia (population 1.5 million) had 247 murders last year.  1,128 people were shot by others, and 201 of them died.

What does the future hold for Annie Oakley Junior?

AK, this is an issue that you have to be an American to understand. Maybe.

I don't.

Personally, the issue is not the amendment but the kinds of weapons they can buy. Really, why do you need an assault rifle to hunt. OR are people so alienated that the can think they will fight a professional army? And win? Or, my kids and their kids are going to enslave you because Obama says so?

As I try to explain my 11 yo, it is all about ignorance.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline southernX

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
gun laws?

thing is  :D  personally , i would not like to let go of any of my firearms , but there is no way id like to see a 9 year old with an ouzi in her hands , even on a range  ::)

my sons didnt touch agun untill 16 years of age , then it was tightly supervised

having them is a good thing imo , better regulation is possibly whats needed , its worked well here in australia
however in the US the cats already out of the bag

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »

We sure have a lot more murders here than most other civilized countries...especially yours....If you had the mix of people that we did, you might find yourself wanting to be armed too!  Although the gun laws are imperfect,  generally I like the gun laws as they are...but I would like to see especially repeat offenses for violent crimes punished more severely in general.  I do not want to be disarmed myself though, the fact that a lot of us have guns at least gives some criminals pause.   

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

We sure have a lot more murders here than most other civilized countries...especially yours....If you had the mix of people that we did, you might find yourself wanting to be armed too!  Although the gun laws are imperfect,  generally I like the gun laws as they are...but I would like to see especially repeat offenses for violent crimes punished more severely in general.  I do not want to be disarmed myself though, the fact that a lot of us have guns at least gives some criminals pause.   

Fathertime!

fathertime - ever the voice of reason.

keep the wisdom coming , bragh!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »

Fathertime!

Yep, have to deal with them Nigrs, don't ya "voice of reason?"

You have a fan. :clapping:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »

Yep, have to deal with them Nigrs, don't ya "voice of reason?"

You have a fan. :clapping:
Yes, even in my own family...your use of such a derogatory term is revolting...but I guess it goes hand in hand with your mentality of labeling whenever possible.

Fathertime!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
Yes, even in my own family...your use of such a derogatory term is revolting...but I guess it goes hand in hand with your mentality of labeling whenever possible.

Fathertime!

LMAO

I wonder how many hypocrites don't dare say it out loud.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 12:02:19 PM »

LMAO

I wonder how many hypocrites don't dare say it out loud.

There are people that dislike blacks or any other race (other than their own)...but your continued use of the word nigger to describe/label blacks is not necessary. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »
Fathertime,

Muzh is playing with you to some extent as Negro is translated as негр.  Letter for letter, негр is negr and it sounds very close to our N-word. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
Fathertime,

One thing I learned early in life is that the people on the street are not representative of the larger number of people who live in the neighborhood.    In fact many neighborhood residents are just as scared of the street people as you are. 

When you venture out of your house, do you feel the need to pack?   

Offline fathertime

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Fathertime,

One thing I learned early in life is that the people on the street are not representative of the larger number of people who live in the neighborhood.    In fact many neighborhood residents are just as scared of the street people as you are. 

When you venture out of your house, do you feel the need to pack?

I agree with your first statement. 

I don't feel the need to pack when leaving the house, because I know where I'm/we're going and am usually able to size up a bad scene quick enough.  That said, there is always a chance that a person can't extricate him/herself quick enough, when something sudden happens.  I'm curious where you are going with the statement/question. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »

I'm curious where you are going with the statement/question. 

Nowhere
other than your initial comment about our "mix of people" could be taken wrong if we did not know you as being  better than that.   

Now if you want to denigrate behavior, I will join you.  And if you want to say that our government policies for welfare, equal rights, education, criminal justice, etc. are severely flawed, I will join you again.   

BTW, Muzh wrote in the past that he experienced prejudice if not discrimination when growing up and advancing his career.   I was isolated from such. 

BTW II, I too have a weapon, a meek 20 ga shotgun I used to  hunt as a young teenager.   Today it protects me from wild critters that come near my home.  My only problem is that I have hidden the shotgun and shells in two different places, and one of those places escapes my memory.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »

Nowhere
other than your initial comment about our "mix of people" could be taken wrong if we did not know you as being  better than that.   

Now if you want to denigrate behavior, I will join you.  And if you want to say that our government policies for welfare, equal rights, education, criminal justice, etc. are severely flawed, I will join you again.   

If we are going to spend OUR money on foreign aid and conflicts, then I'm for upping welfare for middle income earners instead.   What are you referring to regarding equal rights though?   

Well I hope you find your shells or shotgun. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
Fathertime,

Muzh is playing with you to some extent as Negro is translated as негр.  Letter for letter, негр is negr and it sounds very close to our N-word.

Maybe to some extent he is just being silly...nevertheless describing black people as niggers all the time is a rather foul habit...I'd venture a guess that many if not most of us attempt to judge each individual by their own actions....obviously not all.   Either way, thanks for the heads up regarding the language topic.   

Fathertime! 

Offline Muzh

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 09:10:52 AM »

Maybe to some extent he is just being silly...nevertheless describing black people as niggers all the time is a rather foul habit...I'd venture a guess that many if not most of us attempt to judge each individual by their own actions....obviously not all.   Either way, thanks for the heads up regarding the language topic.   

Fathertime!

Yo baldie. You are the one using the N-word.

BTW, you are married to a Latina. You should know by now that Latinos use the word negro repeatedly and as a term of endearment. Go ask her. Maybe you'll learn something from her. However, I doubt it.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »

Yo baldie. You are the one using the N-word.

BTW, you are married to a Latina. You should know by now that Latinos use the word negro repeatedly and as a term of endearment. Go ask her. Maybe you'll learn something from her. However, I doubt it.

Who cares baldy?  I’m probably more Latino then you are nowadays.  Looking at the context in which you are using ‘nigr’ it appears you are using the ‘n’ word with creative spelling.  Let me help you out though, the term ‘Negro’ or “Negrita” means something very different then your ‘n’ word use on this site…unless of course you want to lay claim to the cover Gator gave you, and say that you were just innocently and endearingly calling Obama black….and I hear you are more bald than even I am!   :D [size=78%]  [/size][/size][size=78%] [/size]

Fathertime!   

Offline Muzh

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »

Who cares baldy?  I’m probably more Latino then you are nowadays.  Looking at the context in which you are using ‘nigr’ it appears you are using the ‘n’ word with creative spelling.  Let me help you out though, the term ‘Negro’ or “Negrita” means something very different then your ‘n’ word use on this site…unless of course you want to lay claim to the cover Gator gave you, and say that you were just innocently and endearingly calling Obama black….and I hear you are more bald than even I am!   :D [size=78%]  [/size]

Fathertime!

LMAO!

I don't do comb overs if that's what you mean. I shave my head. You still holding on to your threads?

I still say you can't see past your nose, even when it is pointed to you in bold.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »

LMAO!

I don't do comb overs if that's what you mean. I shave my head. You still holding on to your threads?

I still say you can't see past your nose, even when it is pointed to you in bold.

My head is shaved (Number 1) every 3 weeks or so.

My nose isn't at all small so not seeing past it isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Fathertime!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1928
Total: 1939

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM