It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: MOB Site 'Archeology'  (Read 14011 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
MOB Site 'Archeology'
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:46:10 PM »
Recently I found an old (2004), unlinked page on my website listing the 450+ FSUW dating sites I had discovered at the time. Out of curiosity, I verified how many of those sites are still active: many less ;).

I updated the page and linked it - the inactive sites greyed out - for any aspiring MOB historian, here:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:53:15 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: MOB Site 'Archeology'
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:11:23 PM »
My guess is almost all have closed their doors.  I have no facts, and I have not used an agency since 2007.   I just checked a few I knew about, and there is nothing.  E. g., although Cindy's home page is still active, there are no profiles, and the prices seem old.   .

Sandro,  This could be a first.  Check the spelling of Archeology. We spell it as archaeology, as in archaic.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »

I remember a lot of scam feeder agencies will operate under one name and close their doors after the name gets tarnished on the internet and open under a new name with zero scam reports on them. I'm not sure every agency that closed it's doors is actually out of business.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »
Sandro,  This could be a first.  Check the spelling of Archeology. We spell it as archaeology, as in archaic.
Archeology is an accepted variant of Archaeology ;):
Origin and Etymology of archaeology
French archéologie, from Late Latin archaeologia, from Greek archaiologia
Merriam-Webster
Archaeology, or archeology...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology

...and archaic is not quite close in spelling :D.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:01:13 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 06:58:55 PM »
, although Cindy's home page is still active, there are no profiles, and the prices seem old.
At the bottom of its page, it says: © 2002-2012 8). I did not have the time nor the urge to make a more thorough assessment of all those "survivors" ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 04:52:53 AM »
Sandro,

I started a thread looking for information on a marriage/dating website which no longer exists. The American ex-pat who owned the agency always referred to himself as "Commodore Steve"......but I think the agency had another name. His agency already existed when I joined RWG in 1997. I actually met Steve in the summer of 2003. A real nice guy......he was winding-down the business at that time. He had offices in Stavropol, Samara, Saratov, Rostov on done, Moscow.....and maybe Kazan....and another city or two. My friend Chuck and I went to his website every Friday night......a real hoot....and very entertaining. He was very protective of the ladies.....and very genuine with his male clients. I wish I knew the original name of his agency. I would like to look it up on way-back.....or similar services.......just for nostalgia.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
. I wish I knew the original name of his agency.

Capt B, have a look at the list of 400+ names on my page http://www.floriani.it/sitirussi/elencositi.htm, maybe one will strike a bell ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline alex330

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
Recently I found an old (2004), unlinked page on my website listing the 450+ FSUW dating sites I had discovered at the time. Out of curiosity, I verified how many of those sites are still active: many less ;) .

Hard to tell how many have actually gone under as most of the domains are live either as a PBN or 301 redirect to a new site. Could be SEO guy or the original owners.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »
Sandro,

Thanks for the link.....I did go over the whole list last night......but nothing, The problem is.....too many agencies had similar names. I just nee to wait until someone with a better memory (than mine).......comes along. A most interesting website......and very entertaining. Women would fill out their profiles......then Steve would do a comment section on each one. He actually interviewed all of the RW himself. They would set-up "interview' days at each of his locations. Reading his commentaries was like sitting across from a pal about things not listed in the profile.......but "respectful".......mostly about her personality, humor, intelligence et.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline msmob

Re: 'MOB' Site 'Archeology'
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »
Could I suggest 'we' refrain from usage of the term 'MOB' ?

It's continued use suggest 'acceptance' of the awful terminology - used by feminists to belittle folk who might choose to marry a FSU partner ..

I just explained to S.C what I was writing about-''your face is so serious, why? '' -  she fell about laughing at the term.

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »

It's continued use suggest 'acceptance' of the awful terminology - used by feminists to belittle folk who might choose to marry a FSU partner ..

I just explained to S.C what I was writing about-''your face is so serious, why? '' -  she fell about laughing at the term.

If this is your true feeling, why did you choose  Ms MOB as your name?      Are you pulling our leg again, even using the feminist term Ms?

Offline alex330

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »

It would be a sign of disrespect to our pioneer forefathers here in the United States. Mail order brides are a part of our diverse history and helped our ancestors settle the Wild West and forge our great nation.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »
Sandro,

I started a thread looking for information on a marriage/dating website which no longer exists. The American ex-pat who owned the agency always referred to himself as "Commodore Steve"......but I think the agency had another name. His agency already existed when I joined RWG in 1997. I actually met Steve in the summer of 2003. A real nice guy......he was winding-down the business at that time. He had offices in Stavropol, Samara, Saratov, Rostov on done, Moscow.....and maybe Kazan....and another city or two. My friend Chuck and I went to his website every Friday night......a real hoot....and very entertaining. He was very protective of the ladies.....and very genuine with his male clients. I wish I knew the original name of his agency. I would like to look it up on way-back.....or similar services.......just for nostalgia.

Capt B

I did a search for Commodore Steve but didn't find him. It goes from Commanche
to Common Law. Maybe you were thinking of the old RWG place?

There is a members list alphabetized
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=real_name;start=1600

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »

It wasn't feminists who coined the term.  It was the industry.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »

Technically accurate. The actual phrase coined was "picture bride".

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 05:27:08 PM »

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-countries-offer-mail-order-brides.php

Russia #1

Almost every aspect of Russia is dripping with matrimonial gold. More than 500 mail-order sites display over 60,000 Russian women at any given time, which is just about the highest rate of them all. Five of the top ten visited mail-order bride sites feature “Natashas.” Combining all that with the ladies’ Internet savvy, the well of Russian women appears bottomless.

Places Ukraine at #5   :D

Is this picture for real?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:09:03 AM by SANDRO43 »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 12:41:21 AM »

If this is your true feeling, why did you choose  Ms MOB as your name?      Are you pulling our leg again, even using the feminist term Ms?

The use of Mob - as in Mobile - on the move - is purely coincidental

[edited to add] the nick predates my using dating dates to find a FSU partner ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:46:34 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 12:44:22 AM »

I didn't suggest the feminists coined it ..  it's continued usage by some of 'us' and the 'industry' simply aides the negative aspects suggested BY feminists ..

Offline Boethius

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 12:48:21 AM »
Feminists are largely concerned with exploitation and abuse if women. Given many stories, including some posted here in the past, that is not an empty concern.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:28 AM »
It would be a sign of disrespect to our pioneer forefathers here in the United States. Mail order brides are a part of our diverse history and helped our ancestors settle the Wild West and forge our great nation.

Slaps forehead ... Moby regales to SC how such 'brides' aided the violent migrants [ so often wack job 'religious' misfits from Europe ] to America 'bump off' the indigenous peoples ...

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 01:03:12 AM »
Feminists are largely concerned with exploitation and abuse if women. Given many stories, including some posted here in the past, that is not an empty concern.

Quite, strongly agree.... So the continued use of MOB' - given such stories is 'wise' ?

Offline alex330

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
Quite, strongly agree.... So the continued use of MOB' - given such stories is 'wise' ?

Should we also tell that to the women who read and write Western mail order bride romance novels? Pretty popular genre these days...

Offline CaptB

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 04:29:27 AM »
For those with computer smarts....more advanced than mine......I would like some help in locating "old pages" concerning the following "agency".

1) There were branches in the Russian cities of Stavropol, Samara, Saratov, Moscow.....and a few other cities.

2) The owner was referred to as "Comodore Steve".

3) The website for the agency was called the "Russian Girls Klub" (yes...."K" for club)........or RGK.

4) Steve was an American expat.

Thanks for your help. His agency website was the most entertaining.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 07:05:58 AM »
For those with computer smarts....more advanced than mine......I would like some help in locating "old pages" concerning the following "agency".
2) The owner was referred to as "Comodore Steve".
Capt B, a search here for  "Commodore/Comodore Steve" produced only your own posts, made now and in 2016,

3) The website for the agency was called the "Russian Girls Klub" (yes...."K" for club)........or RGK.
No results.

If you want to try yourself, select "Search" at the top of the page.

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline CaptB

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 04:34:03 AM »
Thanks Sandro,

I know there is nothing on this forums archives......most info. about Commodore Steve & RGK (Russian Girls Klub) would have appeared on the old RWG (Russian Women Guide). I thought maybe someone with experience using Wayback (?).or other ap that can search for old files might be successful.

Thanks again,
Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
Thanks Sandro,

I know there is nothing on this forums archives......most info. about Commodore Steve & RGK (Russian Girls Klub) would have appeared on the old RWG (Russian Women Guide). I thought maybe someone with experience using Wayback (?).or other ap that can search for old files might be successful.

Thanks again,
Capt B

When Spencer sold the site and the new management took over RWG, and basically created a 'new' site bearing the name, someone gave me the link for a 'shadow' site for RWG. It's the same 'RWG' with all it's archives left intact. It stayed that way for months but in limbo. Only a very small group of ex-members knew of its existence...

Then word got out somehow, and one of the guys (who shall remain nameless) finally gave in and shared it with one of the new site's moderator (who was also a RWG ex-member). Within the next day, it all but disappeared. #!#@#
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 12:22:13 AM »
Thanks GQ,

Just looking for a little "nostalgia". RGK website was like its own mini RWG. The owner was a very nice guy (Steve).....who was an american "expat". I got to meet him in person in 2003 when I went to Stavropol, Russia.......for my wedding.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860