It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 16 years...........  (Read 2797 times)

Offline CaptB

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
16 years...........
« on: August 09, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »
The wife and I just got back from Jupiter, Florida........a quick overnight stay to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. Jupiter is a beautiful little town.
My wife and I have always taken a half-dozen "mini" (overnight) vacations a year. Takes the edge off from waiting for the larger.....less frequent.....vacations. Anyway........16 years.....and we are both sill in one piece.

Capt B  &  Mrs. B 
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: 16 years...........
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
Happy anniversary Cap. Hope for plenty more!!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:09:24 PM »
Thanks GQ

Marc & Victoria
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
 Happy anniversary and hope you both have many more!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »
    Congratulations
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline CaptB

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 09:39:14 PM »
Thanks tfcrew & Billy.

Marc  &  Vika
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 12:12:25 AM »
Congratulations.
Wish you many more years together.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 01:17:10 AM »
The sort of posts we all love to read..

Thanks for sharng

Congratulations

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 03:57:04 AM »
Congratulations on your 16th wedding anniversary! I still remember our phone conversation when you and the misses were newly weds!

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 09:10:12 AM »
THANKS FOR SHARING!   

YOU STRUCK GOLD WHEN YOU WENT PROSPECTING IN RUSSIA DURING THOSE EARLY YEARS OF THIS SLAVIC JOURNEY!  16 YEARS SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT BOTH OF YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS!   

JUPITER IS LOVELY - I KNOW IT FROM GOLF TRIPS (THE BEAR"S CLUB).  WHILE IN JUPITER DID YOU FIND A RUSSIAN RESTAURANT?  THERE ARE MORE RUSKIES IN SE FLORIDA THAN ON THE WEST COAST.   

Offline CaptB

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
Gator,

The city of Northport (about 20 minutes drive from Englewood.....our town) has three Russian stores along with a few thousand Russians/Ukrainians.
We went to the "Hog snapper Restaurant" and had the house special: hogfish encrusted with crabmeat....broiled....on a bed of seasoned mashed potatoes....sauce.....and asparagus. One of the best fish dishes I have ever had........EXCELLENT !!!

Gator, David, msmob & all,

I was searching through my earliest posts when I first joined RWD. I came across a thread from back in 2006: Scammers & Suspect Agencies "Tver Romance. David (maxx2) and a guy named Jerry were in the middle of things. Gator, jb, joke, Natasha Deeva, Marc Dayton & others were involved.
FLAME CITY !!!!!!! But much more entertaining than the day-to-day "piss fest" we have now. The thread was about some employees of LTP in Tver, Russia (leaving/or fired) from the agency and taking customer files with them to start their own agency. An entertaining read.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Gator

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »

We went to the "Hog snapper Restaurant" and had the house special: hogfish encrusted with crabmeat....broiled....on a bed of seasoned mashed potatoes....sauce.....and asparagus. One of the best fish dishes I have ever had........EXCELLENT !!!

The hogfish (or hog snapper) is a delicacy indeed.  Not huge, and not common.  This is a video of catching  hogfish, and explains why they are called hogfish (the males have a large snout to root for food). 

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »

I was searching through my earliest posts when I first joined RWD. I came across a thread from back in 2006: Scammers & Suspect Agencies "Tver Romance. David (maxx2) and a guy named Jerry were in the middle of things. Gator, jb, joke, Natasha Deeva, Marc Dayton & others were involved.
FLAME CITY !!!!!!! But much more entertaining than the day-to-day "piss fest" we have now. The thread was about some employees of LTP in Tver, Russia (leaving/or fired) from the agency and taking customer files with them to start their own agency. An entertaining read.

I never went to Tver, yet heard it is a delightful city to visit.

The city was not large, yet had three different agencies.  One was owned by an American medical doctor, and Rvrwind (Richard from western Canada) was involved with another.  The agencies did not refrain from airing their squabbles on RWG.   

Offline CaptB

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 03:28:17 PM »
Gator,

When I went to Tver the first time I was not really looking for an RW wife. A friend of mine (Chuck) was returning for a third visit. He had met someone through LTP (Lifetime Partners).........at the time based in California.....with an office in Tver. I did.....later decide.....to add RW to my list after I landed in Tver. A year and a half later LTP was purchased by (Ron) "Doc Woody".......who is still on this forum as (I believe) "Witchdoctor" and raided in Fort Pierce, Florida. Then sometime later it was sold to Marc Dayton......who used to work for (or partner with) LTP before the Doc bought the business.

Tver was a great town with a lot of history. The downtown portion was very compact......and walkable.

Not all of my experiences were wonderful......but they were never a waste of money......or more importantly........time. All of those experiences.......good or bad....................................got me to here. I feel pretty lucky.

Capt B

P. S. Even though I now reside in Florida.......I will always be "A Yooper in Moscovia".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:32:17 PM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1959
Total: 1968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM