It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How She Views Your Home Country  (Read 1959 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
How She Views Your Home Country
« on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
How she views your home country is important.

I know that most of friends and relatives are negative in general about you finding a woman from Eastern Europe or Asia. You have probably been warned about gold diggers, visa whores, and because they exist you should play this game with the big head while keeping the little head in check.

But there are plenty of very fine women out there seeking a good man. In fact, the odds of your success are so great that unless you are a total misfit, you can bring home a wife. The harder job is to keep her, because once in your home country she will have lots of options. The good news is that if you use your brain and don't rush, you can find a keeper.

My fellow journalist Nolan Peterson wasn't really looking for a wife. He served in the US military as an Air Force pilot in Iraq, Afghanistan, and has been a war correspondent in Eastern Ukraine.

I appreciate his work and perspective on the situation in Ukraine. What his new bride thinks of his home country is very interesting!

http://www.dailysignal.com/2018/11/02/ill-never-be-the-same-my-ukrainian-wifes-first-trip-to-the-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR2bGwDxciKAom9-k4A_N4qmbMIchlX_tw0OykkRehTnj49i2OROsamssd4

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:49:43 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How She Views Your Home Country
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
I really enjoyed that write-up Mendy; thanks for alerting us.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »
Thanks Mendy.
My wife has always liked things here better  ,and yes mostly related to how we treat each other as far as strangers, hospitality industry  staff , store clerks, government workers etc.
Initially she had genuine compliments from complete strangers (women) on some article of clothing, or her appearance  and said it was much more common than in her past experience.

Certainly there were some rotten eggs as well,but overall very positive experiences.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
FSUW: She will schedule jam packed vacations
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »

Nice article Mendy,

It looks definitely like his wife scheduled the vacation. Only an FSUW would/could  schedule
a trip to Sarasota, Colorado Springs, Burbank California (do people actually visit there on purpose?),
Chicago and Las Vegas. I'm only surprised that they missed Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 03:59:15 PM »
Very interesting!  Thanks Mendy.

Each woman is different.  In her first trip, Lilya looked past the tourist sights of America and picked up on some special character traits of Americans. 

My wife did not start with fond feelings about America.  She lived the "good life" in Russia, succeeded at everything, had a million friends, continually pursued by Russian men, ...  It  took me many years to convince her to move with her two children to America. 

When she arrived, the jury was still out.  She enjoyed much of what she experienced, yet still longed for Russia.  Frequently she complained about several things in America.   I would deliberate about her criticisms and surmised most fell in the category of cultural differences, as well as my faults.  It took a while, yet she eventually became comfortable.  Contributing to her change is the success and happiness of her children's lives in their new country.   

She is now ending a trip to Russia, her first trip back except for a rushed and tragic trip when her father died.   It made her really happy to spend time with mama and many friends, go to the ballet and theater, etc.   After three weeks, she is so ready to return to what she calls "my home, America."   

Is America the best country in her opinion?  Not in all regards.  One of the reasons for her trip was for extensive dental procedures.   She had fired three dentists in America, and felt none were as good as the dentists she had access to in Russia.  She is so pleased now with the Russian results,

Offline southernX

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
[quoteWhen she arrived, the jury was still out.  She enjoyed much of what she experienced, yet still longed for Russia.  Frequently she complained about several things in America.   I would deliberate about her criticisms and surmised most fell in the category of cultural differences, as well as my faults.  It took a while, yet she eventually became comfortable.  Contributing to her change is the success and happiness of her children's lives in their new country.   

She is now ending a trip to Russia, her first trip back except for a rushed and tragic trip when her father died.   It made her really happy to spend time with mama and many friends, go to the ballet and theater, etc.   After three weeks, she is so ready to return to what she calls "my home, America."   

Is America the best country in her opinion?  Not in all regards.  One of the reasons for her trip was for extensive dental procedures.   She had fired three dentists in America, and felt none were as good as the dentists she had access to in Russia.  She is so pleased now with the Russian results,][/quote]

gator , that closely sums up my wifes journey over the last 9 years
she loves to go home , but once ther estarts to miss oz and cant wait to return ''home '' here
SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline ML

Re: FSUW: She will schedule jam packed vacations
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 09:42:04 PM »
Burbank California (do people actually visit there on purpose?),

I lived there for a little over a year when I was in US Navy.
Was with Bureau of Naval Weapons and we had a facility at Lockheed Aircraft in Burbank.
Had contracts to buy planes, so some Navy pilots and technicians for acceptance flights and a lot of people working on the contracts for initial purchase, purchase of repair parts, new plane development, etc.,

Big tourist attractions are Warner Brothers Studios and Walt Disney Studios.
You can get tickets to attend dozens of TV shows being taped, etc. as well as tour around the various movie sets.

After Navy, I stayed in that area (I was born and raised in mid-west) and obtained Bachelors and Masters, and started my business career as CPA in downtown LA.

OMG what a drag to get on freeway and go 10 MPH between SF Valley and downtown LA twice a day.  I was happy to give that and the smog up.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »

I know that most of friends and relatives are negative in general about you finding a woman from Eastern Europe or Asia. You have probably been warned about gold diggers, visa whores, and because they exist you should play this game with the big head while keeping the little head in check.

But there are plenty of very fine women out there seeking a good man. In fact, the odds of your success are so great that unless you are a total misfit, you can bring home a wife. The harder job is to keep her, because once in your home country she will have lots of options. The good news is that if you use your brain and don't rush, you can find a keeper.

My fellow journalist Nolan Peterson wasn't really looking for a wife. He served in the US military as an Air Force pilot in Iraq, Afghanistan, and has been a war correspondent in Eastern Ukraine.

I appreciate his work and perspective on the situation in Ukraine. What his new bride thinks of his home country is very interesting!

http://www.dailysignal.com/2018/11/02/ill-never-be-the-same-my-ukrainian-wifes-first-trip-to-the-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR2bGwDxciKAom9-k4A_N4qmbMIchlX_tw0OykkRehTnj49i2OROsamssd4

Great article link Mendy!!! Now I know the perfect way to get free food & drink when in the US :D

Now did I ever mention to you guys the time during my time serving in Afghanistan when I saved the life of a US marine and his leg! No! Well let me tell you it was quite an amazing feat on my part... :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1965
Total: 1974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM