It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First trip to Russia  (Read 36418 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: First trip to Russia
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2019, 03:44:12 AM »
In reply to trench .  I think many people lack a moral compass.  Fsu men seem to have affairs when married with relatively few repercussions.   Western men on the other hand face the wrath of their family society and the legal profession where as the women are deemed to have been driven to it by a poor quality husband.  So basically fsu women and wm are the under dogs in our societies at least in marriage and hence are well suited to each other if they can appreciate each other properly.

Completely agree.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Brianbinny

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
First trip to Russia
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:06 AM »
We are planning our first longer trip in our new to us motorhome 2015 Fleetwood Flair and want to try a few places in southeast California and southwest Arizona.  Any favorites out there?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2019, 04:33:48 AM »
Almost completely  disagree with James' latest in a string of generalisations..

Think about it.  Your are suggesting FSU women are tolerant of extra maritial affairs....because they are used to it?

No.  No   no

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2019, 06:45:16 AM »
In a poor economy women tend towards the men that can provide. Many FSW married to a FSM will put up with a man having an affair if she feels confronting him could end their marriage/relationship. Remember in the FSU men also don't get hammered as much in the divorce courts as here. In Ukraine what a man bought before marriage is his after as it was bought outside the marriage. On top off that there is the better perceived societal standing of women who are married.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Gator

« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:12 AM »
Many FSW married to a FSM will put up with a man having an affair if she feels confronting him could end their marriage/relationship.

WRONG! 

First, RW are not timid, weak, compliant women.  They speak their mind.  Not just about the emotional betrayal, but the probable expenditure of money on the other woman.   

Also, with whom is the wayward husband having an affair/dalliance?   Unless you believe the agency hype that women far outnumber men, the answer is many of "the other woman" are married.  Who is screwing whom?     

Offline ML

« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »
Quote from: Trenchcoat on Today at 08:45:16 AM
Many FSW married to a FSM will put up with a man having an affair if she feels confronting him could end their marriage/relationship.

WRONG! 

First, RW are not timid, weak, compliant women.  They speak their mind.  Not just about the emotional betrayal, but the probable expenditure of money on the other woman.   

Also, with whom is the wayward husband having an affair/dalliance?   Unless you believe the agency hype that women far outnumber men, the answer is many of "the other woman" are married.  Who is screwing whom?     

Gator, I think you are wrong.

I know from firsthand conversations with many FSUW that they will put up with their husband having an affair.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »

Gator, I think you are wrong.

I know from firsthand conversations with many FSUW that they will put up with their husband having an affair.

I rarely discussed this topic with RW, so maybe you have a more scientific poll.  ML, passive resistance can take many forms.  Although many wives may not confront their cheating husbands, yet I assert many such wives will get even in their own way.   

Question:  Are RM only having extramarital sex with unmarried women?   If infidelity is as common as generally accepted, there are not enough willing single women.   

Offline ML

« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2019, 12:42:17 PM »
I rarely discussed this topic with RW, so maybe you have a more scientific poll.  ML, passive resistance can take many forms.  Although many wives may not confront their cheating husbands, yet I assert many such wives will get even in their own way.   

Question:  Are RM only having extramarital sex with unmarried women?   If infidelity is as common as generally accepted, there are not enough willing single women.

Don't know if the 'other woman' was married or single for most of the cases that women told me about.

But for two cases where I was told a lot of details, the 'other woman' was single (which covers divorced and widowed also).

For one of these cases, the woman told me that she accepted the affair up until the point she felt that her husband was really more in love with the other woman than he was with her and their children.  That was the tipping point.

In another case, the woman told me her husband was always after her to agree to have a threesome with another woman.

She knew that he had affairs before, and figured sooner or later he would have the threesome without her.

So she talked to a woman living in their building (whom talked a lot about sex with her) and the woman readily agreed to be the 3rd party.

Said she didn't much enjoy it . . . which I was disappointed to hear because otherwise I would have suggested it also !!!  :-)

Their marriage lasted quite some time after that, but they eventually divorced anyway over other issues.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:48:13 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2019, 02:13:59 PM »
So she talked to a woman living in their building (whom talked a lot about sex with her) and the woman readily agreed to be the 3rd party.

Said she didn't much enjoy it . . .

Sounds as if she was forced to do something she did not want to do.  Nice husband! 

A 3-way is a fantasy from our youth.  My two experiences were not good.  In one, I felt the women were regretting their decision.  In another, the women got into each other and there was little opportunity for me other than to encircle and work my ass off. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2019, 03:21:59 PM »
I don't believe FSUM cheat more than do WM.  If there is any reason why couples stay together, beyond the reasons they do after infidelity in the West, it is because life in the FSU is, in most cases, economically harsher than in the West, so staying together is a sort of self preservation.

Trench overstates the case, as per usual, with his typical misogyny added for good measure.  FSUM are required, by Ukrainian law, and by Russian law, to pay alimony.  Judgments can be enforced by courts, so that a man's salary is cut at work, he doesn't even see the pay.  The problem, at least in Ukraine, is that so much of a person's income is earned off the books.  So typically, the maintenance received is minimal, if anything, and if not paid, not worth enforcing. 

Most FSUM are not coming into a marriage with significant assets, so that line of thinking is highly erroneous on Trench's part.  Yes, Russia and Ukraine are very macho societies.  However, the attitude toward women differs from the West, in some ways, very positively, and that is what he fails to understand.  His internalized misogyny will ensure he will never succeed in this venture, long term.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:26:12 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First trip to Russia
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2019, 01:17:11 PM »
FSUM are required, by Ukrainian law, and by Russian law, to pay alimony. 
Judgments can be enforced by courts, so that a man's salary is cut at work, he doesn't even see the pay.  The problem, at least in Ukraine, is that so much of a person's income is earned off the books.  So typically, the maintenance received is minimal, if anything, and if not paid, not worth enforcing. 

All it takes is a bribe for the court to decide in favor of the briber.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »
That would be outliers. 

First, Ukraine is a civil law jurisdiction.  Child maintenance, i.e., the amount paid, is established by code.  Second, only contested divorces/maintenance would go before a judge.  Third, not every judge can be bribed, and for those that can be, the spouse would need to have the cash to do so.  Fourth, any decision can be appealed, and the appellate court cannot be bribed. 

I believe there are cases of bribery to reduce child support, but they would be the exceptions rather than the rule.  Most Ukrainians just do not have the amount of cash required to bribe a judge.  I also believe that this is another case of Ukrainians telling Westerners something that is untrue, or greatly exaggerated.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First trip to Russia
« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
That would be outliers. 

I only have one anecdotal example and it's from Russia and I don't want
to share it with the peanut gallery so I'll accept your opinion as more
knowledgeable than mine.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »
I thought there has been a big crackdown on corruption in Russia over the past few years? 

I don't know personally, only from what I've read in newspapers.

Ukraine's courts were very corrupt right after the collapse, and in the few years thereafter.  They moved to far, far less corruption during the Yushchenko years, but I think the work for that was started under Kuchma.  Yanukovych reversed that, partly by appointing his own lackeys to the Supreme Court, which was truly independent since Kuchma's tenure.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM