It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why western dating sites don't work.  (Read 8486 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why western dating sites don't work.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 01:07:41 AM »
Trench will suggest he was being 'ironic' whilst EXACTLY proving the malais that ensures his being single in 2021...

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 08:59:56 AM »
I had a guy give me a piece of advice when I was in my teens. Find one thing you like physically about a girl, and the rest won't really matter to you. For example, Bill probably doesn't care about stretch marks, a few extra pounds or whatever,  as long as he spends his days with a pair of angel eyes.

I'm going to throw you a bone, Trench. Go buy a $100 felt Stetson cowboy hat. I'm an ugly bastard, but I have women constantly coming up to me and complimenting me on my hat and flirting with me. A fair share are 8's and 9's, American women.  If you get a decent pair of cowboy boots too, they will really wonder how good you are in the saddle.

Cowboy boots and a Stetson turn a lot of heads in Ukraine too. You'll stick out like a sore thumb. Every beggar will come running up to you, since they know you are a foreigner, but the girls will notice you too.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why western dating sites don't work.
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
Go buy a $100 felt Stetson cowboy hat.

He is too cheap, he'll buy a $12 straw hat and tell everyone it
doesn't work.

You got it right on the Angel Eyes. I get to see those beautiful
green eyes every morning.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
He is too cheap, he'll buy a $12 straw hat and tell everyone it
doesn't work.

You got it right on the Angel Eyes. I get to see those beautiful
green eyes every morning.

And she is able to look envious naturally.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 12:58:18 PM »
You can get a quality straw cowboy hat for about $50. They look ok, but are hard to keep clean.
The $100 felt hats will last you for years and years, and can be cleaned fairly easily. I just hit mine with the air hose from the air compressor now and then.

A nice cowboy hat is kind of a status symbol that is recognized around the world. It's distinctly American though - poor Trench wouldn't know what to do if a girl thought he was an American.

I think a $100 Stetson probably gives you more bang for the buck than any other part of your outfit. $100 shoes...$100 suit jacket...$100 watch...those things won't turn heads the way a $100 cowboy hat will.
Now if you combine that hat with  $200 cowboy boots, $50 Levi's, a $30 button up shirt, $100 jacket, $200-$300 watch (optional)...you have a relatively cheap outfit that turns heads. (I'm personally not a big fan of the big silver bull riding belt buckles, but if that's your style, go for it.)  Compare that outfit to a suit that costs several hundred bucks, dress shoes, etc.  Who is going to get the attention? The cowboy hat, boots, and Levi's...the rugged, manly man.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »

I can agree nice looking attire will get a woman's phone number and first date. What's left in the tank? Attire alone isn't going to get a second date. What comes out of a guys mouth will determine if he gets a second date or not.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »
I'm going to throw you a bone, Trench. Go buy a $100 felt Stetson cowboy hat. I'm an ugly bastard, but I have women constantly coming up to me and complimenting me on my hat and flirting with me. A fair share are 8's and 9's, American women.  If you get a decent pair of cowboy boots too, they will really wonder how good you are in the saddle.

Cowboy boots and a Stetson turn a lot of heads in Ukraine too. You'll stick out like a sore thumb. Every beggar will come running up to you, since they know you are a foreigner, but the girls will notice you too.

Beefarmer, wearing a cowboy hat in the UK is going to look absolutely shot away. The word excentric doesn't even begin to describe it. Maybe it might be an insane act of pure genius to do that here, you would certainly draw some looks & attention but probably not in a good way. Then there is the explaining to be done of why you are wearing a cowboy hat when having no connection whatsoever to midwest America????
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »
I'd say women look far beyond the man's attire.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline ML

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »

Far beyond to another man ???
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 01:58:37 PM »
They would look into the man who is in front of them. What is he, what are his life plans, is there a place for her, would he want her into his life, what would it be like, etc.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »
Trench, if a cowboy hat is so eccentric or "shot away" in the UK, why is it that when I do a google search for "cowboy hat UK," I get a ton of UK retailers selling cowboy hats? Someone must be buying them, or else they wouldn't be stocking them.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, so maybe it is time you tried insane acts of genius.

The cowboy hat is Western US. In the Midwest, they wear "baseball caps."

Ok, so you have to do explaining. Simply say you like the country and western style. What you fail to understand is that the hat just created a conversation opener. I'm an introvert. It's really hard for me to walk up to a girl and strike up a conversation. That's just not me. Now if I can get a girl to come up to me and start the conversation, I can roll with it a lot easier.

Do you find it easy to walk up to women and strike up a conversation? If not, you need to find a way to get women to approach you. If that requires wearing a cowboy hat to get a girl to come up to you, that's a no-brainer. (Unless you don't like talking to girls.)

I wear eyeglasses. If it's raining, with baseball caps I get water droplets on my glasses unless I have an umbrella. (And I rarely have an umbrella.) With a cowboy hat, I don't get water droplets on my glasses.

Yes Lily, good women look past the attire. However, the attire can sometimes get them to look at a man's inner world, when she may otherwise look past him.
How many FSU women are going to look past attire, if the guy is dressed like a slob?

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »
Beefarmer, wearing a cowboy hat in the UK is going to look absolutely shot away. The word excentric doesn't even begin to describe it. Maybe it might be an insane act of pure genius to do that here, you would certainly draw some looks & attention but probably not in a good way. Then there is the explaining to be done of why you are wearing a cowboy hat when having no connection whatsoever to midwest America????

I was going to say a cowboy hat in the UK would work against you. Coming from metropolitan England you’ll  look like a poser the moment they ask about your hat.... who’s your favourite country singer? .... can you ride a horse?

Even in Australia where there are rodeos, a country culture and a legitimate need in the outback to wear this attire, in the city women will avoid you like the plague. There’s a stereotype that you’re a little backwards, simple and not the most intelligent man.  I know, I grew up on a station and have a mate who’s a past bull riding champion. He never wore boots, belt buckles, Akubra hats etc... when out picking up girls in the city.

The only place in Australia this would work is in remote areas, Ute musters and B&S balls.... even then only women who live the country lifestyle will be attracted.

In Canada, the US, Mexico and Brazil this might be an option with A certain type of woman also I guess.

RE... FSU women, I know a guy from the states that lives the country mountain man lifestyle and again it’s a very specific woman who will go for that.

Trench if you really think your attire needs some attention, buy some tailored clothes.... It worked a treat for me and women in the past commented on my stylish  dress sense. Gimmicks will not help you at all, especially a cowboy. You don’t have the country personality, you’ll just look silly.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:42:45 PM by Davo »

Offline JayH

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2020, 01:16:31 AM »
I could have a chance with the young single mums in their mid to late twenties I believe. It's kind of like going to Ukraine in that there they have the problem of wealth, i.e they have a negative on the equation so that can balance out against my negative..

You have learnt zero  and keep making moronic comments--it is inherent in your attitude and it is clear you are incapable of actually learning anything -- or heeding info and advice far too many here indulge you in. :cluebat: :deadhorse:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:21 AM »
Trench if you really think your attire needs some attention, buy some tailored clothes.... It worked a treat for me and women in the past commented on my stylish  dress sense. Gimmicks will not help you at all, especially a cowboy. You don’t have the country personality, you’ll just look silly.

That's interesting to know Davo, I've never really gone for actual tailored stuff. I know you can get a tailor to do a suit but I don't know about other stuff. Day to day I'm not the sort of suit wearing guy, it would get a bit cumbersome for me I think. Still it is interesting to here that getting it tailored can help a guy out.

I agree with the cowboy hat, I would look silly in the UK, especially outside of London and not from the States. I reckon the only ones they would sell here would be for Student themed nights out and Stag do's. I've never noticed people wearing them day to day out in public though. That would look strange I reckon, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2020, 05:33:20 AM »
You have learnt zero  and keep making moronic comments--it is inherent in your attitude and it is clear you are incapable of actually learning anything -- or heeding info and advice far too many here indulge you in. :cluebat: :deadhorse:

Not at all. Many/most of the local guys in social housing areas do weed. So compared to them I stack up well. A lot of those women won't accept those men as they are bone idle and they don't want the smell of weed around their children.

Now not all of those women are lazy overweight ugly fatties, only some ;D Some are quite decent looking and thin and not too rough sounding. It's probably the closest I can get in the UK to the advantage I get in Ukraine in terms of stuff that can balance out any problems on my part. It's definitely food for thought.

Offline msmob

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »
..and how has this 'advantage' been working out for you, Trench...?

Your latest BS Bubble /  misrepresentation of UK life burst..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:52:12 PM by msmob »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Why western dating sites don't work.
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »

I knew it! How many lumberjacks do you have waiting outside
your window singing love songs out of tune bothering your
neighbors? 4? 6? more?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 02:38:57 PM »
Not at all. Many/most of the local guys in social housing areas do weed. So compared to them I stack up well. A lot of those women won't accept those men as they are bone idle and they don't want the smell of weed around their children.

I don't guess I ever knew or maybe forgot you were in social housing. Why are you looking Abroad for a wife if you can't afford regular rent or a mortgage?

Certainly putting the cart before the horse, man.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2020, 04:47:32 PM »
I don't guess I ever knew or maybe forgot you were in social housing. Why are you looking Abroad for a wife if you can't afford regular rent or a mortgage?

Certainly putting the cart before the horse, man.

I don't live in social housing, I own my own house mortgage free. I just know how it is there from people that live there and a bit of familiarity with the scene over time.

I did once have a Russian girl of Chinese decent message me and she said she liked the UK because of its Social Security system, lol.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 05:14:55 PM »
On paper you should be smashing local dating. You have no children, no mortgage and no crazy ex wife to deal with ..... You’re an ideal catch for a recently divorced or single woman between 35 & 40.

I agree, I keep turning over what you say here in my mind Davo. Even when I do put in for this age group there is hardly any difference in uptake for when I did western dating sites, and not that much better for FSU websites either.

To add my hair is still almost all brown, I'm 6ft tall and in reasonable shape (ie not fat).

So yeah on paper should be landing it easy. I thought that the first time I did speed dating. I was in my early thirties, decent physical form, a nice casual shirt on, etc. Set against the competition, well they weren't all bad, a fair few bald guys which some women have hang ups over, etc, etc. But yes on paper there I should have had a few hits. Turns out though at those events that most if not all of the men are deemed unsuitable and the women aren't serious despite being single.

It's a pain, just seems that the women are a bit obsessive with a certain type of guy/level of guy. Seems silly to me when there obviously isn't that type of guy available for them left. A bit like they think they will pull a Hollywood celebrity or something.

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2020, 11:32:58 PM »
Trench,

Your state of denial might have fooled some folks when you first started posting.....but not now.

From your describing life / women and the dating scene in the UK, you are kidding yourself and misleading those who have not been observing  your posts

Looks and dress sense are not going to fix your attitude to women that most ladies perceive and you continually express 'surprise' ?

Offline rwd123

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »
Trench - with all good intentions, the best thing you can do is go to a G.P. or psychologist. Tell them that people you know think you may be "on the spectrum" and you would like a referral to a specialist for a complete clinical diagnosis.

I know people who have aspergers, happily married, but you have no chance until you understand yourself better.

Offline ML

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
Trench - with all good intentions, the best thing you can do is go to a G.P. or psychologist. Tell them that people you know think you may be "on the spectrum" and you would like a referral to a specialist for a complete clinical diagnosis.

I remember when someone here stated that Doug was not well, based on the perceived tone or color of his skin in a picture he posted.

Apparently others have the same powers.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2002
Total: 2012

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM