It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Casting Call For American Men Who Love Their International Wives  (Read 9187 times)

Offline Castingdirector

Hey Guys,
   Just to introduce myself: my name is Tiffanie and I am a journalist working a on a story about mail order brides and the men who commit to them for a national men's magazine. The piece seeks to explore the positive side of the industry, most importantly, the beautiful relationships that can sometimes be found through them. This seemed like the perfect place to find the type of couples I am seeking. So here are a few things that would make you and your wife the perfect couple for my piece:

1. You are both deeply in love
2. Became acquainted through an online website or agency that connects American men with international women
3. Interested in sharing your story nationally.

Hope to find my perfect couple!!!

:D

Offline pokerintherear

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Casting Call For American Men Who Love Their International Wives
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:47 AM »
1. Name of the magazine?
2. Who determines who is deeply in love?
    a. Men are deeply in love when doing the deed but it quickly fades after they catch their breath.
3. No such thing as a perfect couple.
4. What is a beautiful relationship?

Poker

Offline Castingdirector

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »
Hey Poker,
    I can't release the name of the magazine yet, because it has yet to be launched but it is being funded by Playboy and will rival New York Magazine's The Cut. The determination for "deeply in love" will be made based on the duration of the relationship and the reported happiness of the parties involved. There is no such thing as a perfect relationship: they are supposed to be complex and multi-dimensional. But there are some people who can work through their differences and form wonderful unions and many who simply cannot. I am looking for the couples who have.\

Tiffanie

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
Tiffanie: Word to the wise - several have come wearing the same dress only to attempt (IIRC a couple have succeeded) an ambush leaving most 'lifers' very leery. You may need to substantiate your credentials before gaining much of substance from those of substance.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:06:15 PM by I/O »

Offline southernX

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »
Tiffanie: Word to the wise - several have come wearing the same dress only to attempt (IIRC a couple have succeeded) an ambush leaving most 'lifers' very leery. You may need to substantiate your credentials before gaining much of substance from those of substance.

AGREE ,

yet to come across a producer of such an idea who didnt try to ''twist 'it

run forrest run !!! comes to mind   ;)

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Castingdirector

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »
Any person(s) interested would, of course, have access to all of the information about the site and would have to speak to my editor before even proceeding with a story. I also cannot post information about myself on an unknown message board to protect my own safety and security. If individuals aren't proud of their relationship and do not wish to share, that is fine for them. I'm looking for that unbelievable love story that will add new dimension to the discussion. I have no interest in doing another piece about the negative aspects of the industry or those who participate.

Offline Ade

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:54:03 AM »
If individuals aren't proud of their relationship and do not wish to share, that is fine for them.

I think that insinuation right there ^ that if we don't share we aren't proud of our relationship just went and lost you a good few stories.

You're welcome.

Offline Castingdirector

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
Already found two lucky couples! Thanks for the discussion everyone. :)

Tiffanie

Offline I/O

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
Already found two lucky couples! Thanks for the discussion everyone. :) Tiffanie
Excellent - perhaps you will come back and direct us to the completed article(s) when the time is right?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »
Any person(s) interested would, of course, have access to all of the information about the site and would have to speak to my editor before even proceeding with a story. I also cannot post information about myself on an unknown message board to protect my own safety and security. If individuals aren't proud of their relationship and do not wish to share, that is fine for them. I'm looking for that unbelievable love story that will add new dimension to the discussion. I have no interest in doing another piece about the negative aspects of the industry or those who participate.

Protect your "own safety and security" from what?  Bizarre. 

An "unknown message board"?  Seems rather strange to ask said message board for help and than this.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:35:15 PM by AC »

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 05:08:35 PM »
Here we go again...  :rolleyes:

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
GOB!
Good to see you posting. WB

Offline jmana

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:07 AM »
Interesting how she claims "I have no interest in doing another piece about the negative aspects of the industry or those who participate" yet from the beginning said this is an article about "mail order brides".  Hmmm, if that term isn't a negative misconception of international dating, I don't know what is!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
I'm looking for that unbelievable love story that will add new dimension to the discussion. 

If it's 'unbelievable', then just make something up :popcorn:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
If it's 'unbelievable', then just make something up :popcorn:

Besides, this is an "unknown message board" and potentially a dangerous place to be...

:ROFL:

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »
Hey Guys,
   Just to introduce myself: my name is Tiffanie and I am a journalist working a on a story about mail order brides and the men who commit to them for a national men's magazine. The piece seeks to explore the positive side of the industry, most importantly, the beautiful relationships that can sometimes be found through them. This seemed like the perfect place to find the type of couples I am seeking. So here are a few things that would make you and your wife the perfect couple for my piece:

1. You are both deeply in love
2. Became acquainted through an online website or agency that connects American men with international women
3. Interested in sharing your story nationally.

Hope to find my perfect couple!!!

:D

Next thing you know you're on a tv show portrayed as some type of perverted, lonely, sex tourist who has to resort to FSU women from economically disadvantaged countries, because you're a loser no girl from your home country would want to be with. Call me cynical.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1863
Total: 1874

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM