It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304682 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1300 on: August 02, 2020, 10:50:24 PM »
HCQ has been used successfully by Brazil and Switzerland.

'Sure' it has ...

Switzerland

Study finds hydroxychloroquine linked to higher death rate in Covid-19 patients

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/zurich-university-hospital_study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-linked-to-higher-death-rate-in-covid-19-patients/45779864

Brazil:

"a 7-day course of hydroxychloroquine either with azithromycin or alone did not result in better clinical outcomes as measured by a seven-level ordinal scale at 15 days. There was also no effect on any of the secondary outcomes. Occurrence of any adverse event, elevation of liver-enzyme levels, and prolongation of the QTc interval was more frequent in patients receiving hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin or hydroxychloroquine alone than in those receiving neither agent."

Professor Flavia Machado, from the research group Coalizao Covid-19 Brasil and an ICU director of Hospital Sao Paulo, conducted the largest study of the drug across 55 hospitals in Brazil. She said that while they continue to assess its use in the early stages of the disease, it should for now only be used in clinical trials.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

You know sod all about HCQ - you'd probably never heard of it before the virus outbreak..  But then you're as 'smart' as 'Trampu' and  Bolsonaro..

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1301 on: August 02, 2020, 11:10:45 PM »
My local newspaper put out interesting stats. People 80 years and older in my state have a 51% chance in dying from COVID-19. Ages 60-79 have a 38% chance in dying. Ages 40-59 have a 9% chance in dying. Ages 20-39 have a 2% chance in dying. Some of you guys may want to alter your behavior and I don't mean by partying more.

Billy,

agree with your post, but just curious as to the percentages you mentioned.  Are these percentages of folks that are admitted to the hospital, or were put on respirators or other?  They seem to be quite high for folks that were just infected.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1302 on: August 03, 2020, 12:55:42 AM »
Billy,

agree with your post, but just curious as to the percentages you mentioned.  Are these percentages of folks that are admitted to the hospital, or were put on respirators or other?  They seem to be quite high for folks that were just infected.

I need to correct what I wrote. It's not chance in dying after infected as I mentioned. I looked at the chart in the newspaper again and it's titled "Death by Age" so basically 51% of the people in my state who died from COVID-19 were over 80 years old. 60-79yo people accounted for 38% of the deaths, 40-59yo accounted for 9% of the deaths and 20-39 accounted for 2% of the deaths
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1303 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
Article below says HCQ been in over 350 studies which is near double of any other drug. They point out flaws in even the most promising study saying "In the Henry Ford trial, patients that got hydroxychloroquine were about five years younger, on average, than those who didn’t, Schluger says. “We know that age is the single strongest predictor of mortality from this illness.”

http://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-no-evidence-treatment

How much more time and money some of you guys want to dump into studies about a medicine that was designed for another illness thinking it be the miracle treatment against the virus of the century?

My local newspaper put out interesting stats. People 80 years and older in my state have a 51% chance in dying from COVID-19. Ages 60-79 have a 38% chance in dying. Ages 40-59 have a 9% chance in dying. Ages 20-39 have a 2% chance in dying. Some of you guys may want to alter your behavior and I don't mean by partying more.

:ROFL:

To your credit, you only crack me up some of the times, BillyB. Let's see....Just in this thread alone, you've shown us...

1. Your deficiency with basic math (1x1x1 = 1 SF)
2. Now, you just displayed your deficiency in reading and comprehending an article intentionally written for public consumption. Not medical journal or case studies riveted with numeric, clinical data...

Lastly, and just for sh!ts and giggles..

3. Weren't you the same guy who hoarded Vitamin C saying it'll render you immune to COVID-19, provided a link to support your 'belief', only to see it actually contradicted your claim. Matter of fact the only thing vit. c is sure to give you when you get too much of it is 'diarrhea'.

Again, you need to prove your expertise, BillyB. Both Henry Ford and Mt Sinai health institutions will gladly address any question/s, or challenges, you may like to present. I'm sure with or without your drug development buddy.

You know the drill. Contact page.

:devil:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:12:22 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1304 on: August 03, 2020, 08:36:06 AM »

GQ, you remind me of the people who fail to accept the Mueller report since you ignore Henry Ford's study concluding more trials are needed. They not only refuse to accept the report, but continue to try to beat the dead horse back to life refusing to let it go.  No drug in existence has been approved to treat any coronavirus related disease ever. But you think something in our medicine cabinet that's never worked before is NOW going to work on the virus of the century. Let it go man. I've said it before, it's Trump's job to give people hope but don't be so naïve to think hope is truth.

Here are some reasons the Henry Ford study was incomplete, flawed, not controlled, and had the introduction of bias.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/07/31/anthony-fauci-henry-ford-health-hydroxychloroquine-study-flawed/5559367002/

http://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/health/hydroxychloroquine-study-henry-ford-letters/index.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1305 on: August 03, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
:ROFL:

CNN?!? You must really be desperate.

Contact page, baby!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1306 on: August 03, 2020, 10:04:17 AM »
GQB

YOU need to contact the FDA...

They are also not 'receiving'..

You might as well ask the Flat Earthers to contact NASA

That is how obtuse you come over..

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1307 on: August 03, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
based on the mortality demographics...
Covid-19 is literally killing Trump's base...
it's just coincidence that a Virus from CHI-NA is killing Trump voters right before an election!
right....

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:28:55 AM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1308 on: August 05, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1309 on: August 11, 2020, 09:40:39 AM »
Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine
http://apnews.com/fcda62ad992db414d65f23b2adb78e44

Russia Claims 1st Covid Vaccine "Sputnik V";
Putin's Daughter Inoculated

Russia claims to have developed vaccine offering "sustainable immunity"
http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russia-has-developed-first-coronavirus-vaccine-says-vladimir-putin-news-agency-afp-2277700
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:43:49 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

« Reply #1310 on: August 11, 2020, 11:28:27 AM »
my daughters and I are scheduled to receive this vaccine in October...
me being a geezer, I'm supposed to feel sick from this virus for 48 hours...
my daughters being teens should recover in half the time with half the symptoms
so, I will go first, and they will care for me, then when I recover, they will take it, and I will care for them

we will have to quarantine TWICE, and I need to document my quarantine
the second one I will have an anti-body count test by the government
and I will get a "к" stamp on my passport

at that point, my daughters and I should be VERY covid-19 resistant
enough I hope, that we can go ahead with this crazy idea of my oldest daughter getting married in Moscva at the end of October
in the middle of a freaking global pandemic

after that, if I have faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine...
i.e. I'm still alive
I MAY decide to take a trip to the Russian far eastern city of Mirny, a gritty siberan mining town
I pay someone there to "keep me informed" about the black market in illicit diamonds there
the market has collapsed, due to a lack of buyers
and prices falling and inventory are building

I can swap laundered dollars for diamonds
and make money on both sides of the transaction
I freakin love Russia

if the vaccine does give me immunity
I will have a huge hidden advantage over ALL the other dealers!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:30:49 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1311 on: August 11, 2020, 11:53:48 AM »

Thanks for volunteering to be a guinea pig. 

Have you examined the data?  You should now ask, "What data?"   The scientific community has seen only sketchy data. 

Supposedly, Russia's approval of the vaccine is based on a test of 38 humans.  That is equivalent to a Phase 1 trial.  So Russia skips the Phase 2 trial and is now starting what we would consider the Phase 3 trial, except it is more - it will expand quickly into a massive vaccination program. 

I hope all works out for you and your family.  If I were you, I would follow the study closely, and try to establish  contact with some scientist on the "inside."

Online krimster2

« Reply #1312 on: August 11, 2020, 01:11:21 PM »
volunteer moy jhoppa
that line has a fee 'bro

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1313 on: August 11, 2020, 01:19:28 PM »

Krim, when you're writing your will, remember the name BillyB!!!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1314 on: August 11, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
Krim, when you're writing your will, remember the name BillyB!!!
Like going to find it... before it finds you huh? 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

« Reply #1315 on: August 11, 2020, 05:19:55 PM »
Russians don't NEED no testing, we're freakin Russians
the first people taking it IS the trial...
by the time we take it, we'll be at 3rd stage trial level
you guys in the USA will be lucky to get a Hydroxy tablet with a gold "T" on it by then
or a little bottle of liquid Trump Tower Covid Killin bleach
good luck to you all

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1316 on: August 11, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
me being a geezer, I'm supposed to feel sick from this virus for 48 hours...
my daughters being teens should recover in half the time with half the symptoms
so, I will go first, and they will care for me, then when I recover, they will take it, and I will care for them

we will have to quarantine TWICE, and I need to document my quarantine
the second one I will have an anti-body count test by the government
and I will get a "к" stamp on my passport

at that point, my daughters and I should be VERY covid-19 resistant
enough I hope, that we can go ahead with this crazy idea of my oldest daughter getting married in Moscva at the end of October
in the middle of a freaking global pandemic

after that, if I have faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine...
i.e. I'm still alive
I MAY decide to take a trip to the Russian far eastern city of Mirny, a gritty siberan mining town
I pay someone there to "keep me informed" about the black market in illicit diamonds there
the market has collapsed, due to a lack of buyers
and prices falling and inventory are building

I can swap laundered dollars for diamonds
and make money on both sides of the transaction
I freakin love Russia

if the vaccine does give me immunity
I will have a huge hidden advantage over ALL the other dealers!

For a guy claiming to be wealthy and having criminal connections you still don't know how to bribe someone for whatever paperwork you need without being a human Guinea pig? Fascinating.RIP geezer.
                            :ROFL: :ROFL:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Gator

« Reply #1317 on: August 12, 2020, 04:54:28 AM »
Russians don't NEED no testing, we're freakin Russians
the first people taking it IS the trial...
by the time we take it, we'll be at 3rd stage trial level

Yes, you will be part of a Phase 3 trial of a new drug under development that did not go through a Phase 2 trial.     

October is  a mere two months away, and too early (by US FDA standards) to determine safety and efficacy.

BIG QUESTIONS: 

1.  Are the vaccinations now being administered by Russia done on a clinically randomized basis?  If given just to the elite and healthcare  workers, it is not randomized.

2.  Will preliminary scientific data and analysis be available by October as the Phase 3 progresses?

SCIENTIFIC QUESTIONS:

The Russian vaccine is  supposedly derived from a common human virus (or 2-3), using such components  as a "viral vector" to deliver a gene sequence that prompts the development of the antibodies attacking the COVID "spikes."   This raises scientific questions:

1.  Because the vector is a common virus it must be attenuated sufficiently, otherwise the human body recognizes it from prior infections and combats it, likely rendering it useless.  Does this vaccine produce the spike antibodies that attack the COVID spikes or just produces the same antibodies from past infections?

2.  Does the vaccine require a booster injection?  Not having a Phase 2 trial, October is too soon to know the answer, and more important, the body's response to the booster.

3.  Is the viral vector non-replicating?   If not, be prepared for a lengthy adverse reaction.   

Krimster, you are a smart fellow who likes to dig and probe through data.  I suggest you try to piece together the sketchy information Russia is collecting. 

If I were you, I would take the vaccine, yet I would not subject my daughters.   Your daughters are young, and young people when infected by COVID are more likely to develop mild symptoms,  if any symptoms.  Why risk making them a test subject for a new vaccine under development.     

Offline BC

« Reply #1318 on: August 12, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »
Gator,

I doubt we'll ever really know much other than it either works or not.  I assume their vaccine has advanced to the point it won't normally kill anyone or cause great harm.  Would Putin proudly announce a vaccine that had a high risk of not working or causing harm?  Kinda doubt it.

I remember an interesting documentary on their space program.  Build it, if it blows up, fix it and try again.  IOW less high-level engineering and a more practical, hands-on KISS trial-by-fire development approach.  It worked out very well.

Also, imagine they can sidestep some of the lengthy ethical hurdles we face.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1319 on: August 12, 2020, 07:34:34 AM »
I doubt we'll ever really know much other than it either works or not. 

State controlled media will keep us informed if it works and will tell us it's not causing long term health effects. Putin's going to be president till 2036. He has an image to protect. Hopefully hundreds of millions of Russians don't get hurt over this stunt. Since Russia won't release any data on this vaccine, it could be an existing vaccine in their medicine cabinet that already been through trials and they're simply relabeling the bottles for COVID. The other Russian vaccines in development are going through phase 2 and 3 trials before being released.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1320 on: August 12, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »

I assume their vaccine has advanced to the point it won't normally kill anyone or cause great harm.

Yes, if it uses the platform of an existing platform, dependent upon what new wrinkles have been bioengineered into it.

Would Putin proudly announce a vaccine that had a high risk of not working or causing harm?  Kinda doubt it.

He is extrapolating from a Phase 1 trial,  100 people at most, as few as 38 based on the rumor mill.     The vaccine is more likely ineffective rather than harmful, provided the viral vectors are non-replicating.   

....trial-by-fire development approach.  It worked out very well.

Would you want to be one of the first subjects in a trial-by-fire development?

Also, imagine they can sidestep some of the lengthy ethical hurdles we face.

Hypocritical comment from someone advocating total lockdown.  What you call "ethical" is actually "health and safety."  In America,  given the exigency, we have already fast tracked our normal standards.   Russia has hyper tracked.    Would you want your wife to use her contacts to be vaccinated today? 

Offline BC

« Reply #1321 on: August 12, 2020, 09:12:55 AM »

He is extrapolating from a Phase 1 trial,  100 people at most, as few as 38 based on the rumor mill.     The vaccine is more likely ineffective rather than harmful, provided the viral vectors are non-replicating.   

Rumor = we don't really know.

Would you want to be one of the first subjects in a trial-by-fire development?

At the moment, I am comfortable with the low-risk infection risk situation here.  I will likely wait a bit regardless of where available vaccines comes from.
We have the luxury of choice, one not readily available in the US.

Hypocritical comment from someone advocating total lockdown.  What you call "ethical" is actually "health and safety."  In America,  given the exigency, we have already fast tracked our normal standards.   Russia has hyper tracked.    Would you want your wife to use her contacts to be vaccinated today?

Why hypocritical?  I simply stated that RU and maybe some other countries may be able to bypass some ethical considerations such as intentionally infecting 'volunteers' that have been vaccinated.  Others following standard protocols would have to let this occur naturally, without intent.  This can take some time for an adequate number of vaccinated folks to get infected as they shouldn't be trying to get themselves infected.  Not knowing whether they received the vaccine or water will be a deterrent for intentional infections.

My wife is also in a very low infection risk area, but MIL in RU who is at higher risk with pre-existing conditions might want to get vaccinated quickly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:16:26 AM by BC »

Online krimster2

« Reply #1322 on: August 12, 2020, 09:35:52 AM »
“For a guy claiming to be wealthy and having criminal connections you still don't know how to bribe someone for whatever paperwork you need without being a human Guinea pig? Fascinating.RIP geezer.”

the commutative property of money
if time is money
money is also time

I’m buying time, so my daughter can go through with her wedding in a few months in Moscow and I can attend and we can do so with the lowest covid-19 risk by getting a vaccine
looking at probabilities, I picked the optimal path
that doesn’t use $$$ as a critical resource

if you guys are nice to me and say flattering things about me...
well it MIGHT prompt me to show you some REALLY interesting pictures from Russia....
I value originality and sincerity...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1323 on: August 12, 2020, 09:42:04 AM »

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has volunteered the Filipino people to test out the new Russian vaccine with himself to be the first taking the vaccine. Philippines will enter an agreement with Moscow to test, produce and supply the vaccine.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/philippines-duterte-says-russia-vaccine-093309483.html

The Philippines in 2016 was the first nation to use dengue vaccine Dengvaxia in a mass programme, but a botched rollout led to claims several dozen children had died after being vaccinated.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1324 on: August 12, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »
Rumor = we don't really know.

If we don't know, why trust it?   

This vaccine info is from the same news agency who gave us reasons other than a Buk for the downing of MH17. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM