It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 325289 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #1175 on: December 03, 2021, 01:38:20 AM »
BC ,yeah I still hear from john, he is doing very well(family is as well)
:)

That's great to hear AJ, next time you touch bases with them, do send my very best regards and wishes.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
7 years married
« Reply #1176 on: December 23, 2021, 10:18:00 AM »
Yesterday 7th wedding anniversary for us.

But we have been living together for 10 and a half years since she arrived in USA, so I like to count that.

And we first met, albeit briefly, 17 and a half years ago, so I like that number even better.

Wifey loves Olive Garden and we have gone there for most every anniversary, birthday, etc.

But the Olive Garden in our town is so popular that it is full-up every day, every hour.

Just too risky to go now with Omicron, so we searched around.
(Yes we are both fully vaccinated including booster, but there are always break through cases.  Only 80-93 percent effective as I understand it. And even as those of us with booster usually only get a 'little-bit' sick with Omicron . . . why get sick at all ?  I don't understand why people try to ridicule the vaccines when they hear of break through cases when it has always been stated that they are only 80-93 percent effective)

Decided on Outback after I visited early afternoon the day before and found few people there at 1-2 PM.

Turned out to be a great choice.

Few people, great service and extremely tasty food.
Their mushroom and shrimp appetizers are extremely tasty, perhaps a lot to do with the accompanying dipping sauces.
And we love those black bread loafs, which they usually give an extra one to take home.

I always tell it is an anniversary, birthday, etc. and sure enough we got complimentary huge Chocolate Thunder from Down Under.

Only gained about 7 pounds.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1177 on: December 23, 2021, 11:48:52 AM »
Hearty Congrats to you both!  Glad you were able to enjoy an evening out together.

Only gained about 7 pounds.

And you still have the holidays ahead :)

Offline ML

We are having a white Orthodox Christmas
« Reply #1178 on: January 06, 2022, 06:26:53 PM »
We are having a white Orthodox Christmas on January 7th.
Snow coming down all evening and into early morning.
So a white Christmas is assured for happy wife.

We have already eaten a substantial quantity of wife's kutia, vareniki, and  pyrizhky.

No snow at all for the December 25th date.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

Shannon Bream
« Reply #1179 on: January 24, 2022, 09:43:06 AM »
Fox has been trying out several people to replace Chris Wallace for Sunday News show.

Couldn't believe how stunning Shannon Bream looked.

Checked her out and was shocked to see she is 51 years old.
Asked wife to guess her age and she said mid 30s.

Further investigation revealed Shannon was Miss Virginia when she went to college there, and later was Miss Florida when she went to college there.
And she came in 4th in Miss USA contest.

http://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+shannon+bream&oq=picture+of+shannon+bream&aqs=chrome..69i57.7204j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Offline ML

Picture of Crow
« Reply #1180 on: January 24, 2022, 10:05:45 AM »
I was searching for pictures of crows, and this popped up.

I can see now why Lance wanted to be in top shape.

Are her legs really that long ? !!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Picture of Crow
« Reply #1181 on: January 24, 2022, 10:57:59 AM »
I was searching for pictures of crows, and this popped up.

I can see now why Lance wanted to be in top shape.

Are her legs really that long ? !!

Lance, along with Clapton and Kid Rock, would know..

I met Sheryl at the Viper Room on Sunset just right before the release of her Tuesday Night Music Club's album. She used to play there along with the likes of Adam Duritz, and little known J.R. (Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars). The same year then club co-owner, River Phoenix (Johnny Depp, etc..), also a budding heartthrob superstar, unfortunately died in front of that club of drug overdoes.

Viper Room was such an awesome LA hangout in the'90s....pure gold.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:59:39 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

Bodies of Female Ice Dancers at 2022 Olympics
« Reply #1182 on: February 14, 2022, 11:49:32 AM »
Got to admit it, the two Russian gals had the best bodies (especially thighs) of all the gals.

Victoria Sinitsina second place finish; Alexandra Stepanova fifth place finish.

And can't believe how her partner can stand to look at the nose (OMG) of French gal Gabriella Papadakis (Greek last name) who finished first.

Surely she and her family have heard of Rhinoplasty, which is one of the simplest of procedures.

Offline ML

CAS decisively ruled regarding Russian skater Kamila Valieva - - - NOT
« Reply #1183 on: February 14, 2022, 12:02:37 PM »
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) very decisively ruled that they cannot decide !!!

Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva can continue to compete at the Beijing Winter Olympics despite testing positive for a banned substance before the Games, an international body ruled Monday.

However, Olympic officials say there will be no medal ceremony if she finishes in the top three. Nor will there be a ceremony for the team figure skating event, meaning athletes including U.S. figure skaters will leave the Olympics without their medals.

The decision by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), a global sports arbiter, allows Valieva, 15, to compete in this week’s individual event, in which she is favored to win gold. Officials did not rule on whether Valieva had committed a doping offense.

In a statement after the decision, the International Olympic Committee said that due to the “inconclusive situation,” no medal ceremonies involving Valieva would take place during the Beijing Games. That includes the ceremony for the team event, which Russian skaters won Feb. 7, the day before Valieva was reported to have tested positive in December for trimetazidine, a heart medication that experts say could give athletes an edge.

A final decision will be made before the 2026 Winter Olympics (my comment).

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Re: CAS decisively ruled regarding Russian skater Kamila Valieva - - - NOT
« Reply #1184 on: February 14, 2022, 03:22:53 PM »
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) very decisively ruled that they cannot decide !!!

Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva can continue to compete at the Beijing Winter Olympics despite testing positive for a banned substance before the Games, an international body ruled Monday.

However, Olympic officials say there will be no medal ceremony if she finishes in the top three. Nor will there be a ceremony for the team figure skating event, meaning athletes including U.S. figure skaters will leave the Olympics without their medals.

The decision by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), a global sports arbiter, allows Valieva, 15, to compete in this week’s individual event, in which she is favored to win gold. Officials did not rule on whether Valieva had committed a doping offense.

In a statement after the decision, the International Olympic Committee said that due to the “inconclusive situation,” no medal ceremonies involving Valieva would take place during the Beijing Games. That includes the ceremony for the team event, which Russian skaters won Feb. 7, the day before Valieva was reported to have tested positive in December for trimetazidine, a heart medication that experts say could give athletes an edge.

A final decision will be made before the 2026 Winter Olympics (my comment).

Very naughty Russia girl, don't know why but I find bad Russian girls like that so hot :luv: Perhaps it's the James Bond type of bad Russian girl vibe. Too young for me though. Can't see how they can let her continue the whole point was to ban athletes from competing who had a previous failed drugs test. If they got the result after she had competed then it should stand as an invalid performance to my mind as that's what the status of those who are banned from entering essentially is, they are invalid to compete. So don't see what difference it makes whether she had already made the performance. Otherwise unfair that all the other dopers got banned and she did not just in the basis of late forwarding of the doping result, she wasn't cleared to compete in effect.

Just find so many Russian chicks have a great bod though, nice tight waist, hot looking facially, few western girls can match. If I ever have any girls with a slim Russian/Ukrainian girl I think I would get them into once skating or gymnastics, keep them focused on a nice trim figure that's something to be proud of like these girls :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #1185 on: February 15, 2022, 10:00:17 AM »
I'm glad  you stated 15 is too young for you Trench.
🙄

As far as it relates to the  committes decisions, as a minor, that I am sure came into play regarding the closed health records,and  status  of a drug prescribed to her by a physician and whether a exemption was filed regarding a health condition and the drug as a treatment

It's certainly not the first time the driv has caused controversy in skating, nor thr first time coaches, teams ,athletes tried a work around warranted or not.
It might be the first time the regs regarding a minors sealed  health records was in.play?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1186 on: February 17, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
I'm glad  you stated 15 is too young for you Trench.
🙄

As far as it relates to the  committes decisions, as a minor, that I am sure came into play regarding the closed health records,and  status  of a drug prescribed to her by a physician and whether a exemption was filed regarding a health condition and the drug as a treatment

It's certainly not the first time the driv has caused controversy in skating, nor thr first time coaches, teams ,athletes tried a work around warranted or not.
It might be the first time the regs regarding a minors sealed  health records was in.play?

Well I could easily wait for her to grow up :cheesy:

Looks like all the strain of it it all has been getting to her, she messed up today and fell on her ass so thereby missing out on Olympic Gold or any medal in that event. She could still possibly get her medal from the team even but that will depend on them going through it all and coming to a decision. Some reason of it was about her grandfather's med mistakingly contaminating the sample lol, yeah right. Turns out it was three banned substances so it's going to be difficult to wash with that I would have thought.

Whether she knew anything about it or just the coaches etc telling her to take something and it was fine who knows. Whatever the case it may have messed her ice skating career up. She was probably good enough to do well enough but my guess is that while the drugs may have no longer been in her system it may have given her the boost needed to be able to train to do the triple twist stuff that no other skater has done before.

Briefly looking at the skating today and those Russian chicks are just so perfect in their physique moreso than any of the other nations I think. Just so slender but also well toned, proportionate, dainty and can wear their skating dresses elegantly. While not all Russian girls are quite like that many aren't far off it and potentially one of the great pluses of going for a FSW I think, some have just such wonderful figures that, that alone is something to marvel at :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 09:33:20 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #1187 on: February 17, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »
Briefly looking at the skating today and those Russian chicks are just so perfect in their physique moreso than any of the other nations I think. Just so slender but also well toned, proportionate, dainty and can wear their skating dresses elegantly. While not all Russian girls are quite like that many aren't far off it and potentially one of the great pluses of going for a FSW I think, some have just such wonderful figures that, that alone is something to marvel at :)

But remember that many of them turn into chunky Babuskas.

Offline ML

FSU wife finally lands desired job
« Reply #1188 on: February 18, 2022, 05:06:22 PM »
Wife tried for permanent teaching job at a major USA university 6 years ago, and came in second place.

She continued to teach part time for two years with masters degree and then finally decided to enter PhD program.

She is due to receive the PhD this Summer or maybe even at end of this Spring semester . . . and just today was notified that she got a permanent faculty job starting in Fall 2022.

A long hard process that finally paid off.

I am proud of her achievement and happy for her, but not very happy for myself.  She will have a very heavy work load for 9 months, then spend a month or more in Ukraine, leaving very little time for me.

I would basically be better off with a wealthy widow near my own age; except she would look like a woman near my age !!!

But maybe wife will decide to quit after a year or two and let us enjoy life more, as we don't need her salary money.

Offline fathertime

Re: FSU wife finally lands desired job
« Reply #1189 on: February 19, 2022, 06:22:37 AM »

I would basically be better off with a wealthy widow near my own age; except she would look like a woman near my age !!!
If you look at the general population for most men that doesn't seem to matter much.   For you it does, and for me it would too.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Re: FSU wife finally lands desired job
« Reply #1190 on: February 19, 2022, 11:23:44 AM »
Wife tried for permanent teaching job at a major USA university 6 years ago, and came in second place.

She continued to teach part time for two years with masters degree and then finally decided to enter PhD program.

She is due to receive the PhD this Summer or maybe even at end of this Spring semester . . . and just today was notified that she got a permanent faculty job starting in Fall 2022.

A long hard process that finally paid off.

I am proud of her achievement and happy for her, but not very happy for myself.  She will have a very heavy work load for 9 months, then spend a month or more in Ukraine, leaving very little time for me.

But maybe wife will decide to quit after a year or two and let us enjoy life more, as we don't need her salary money.
Congrats ML, I know that you suffer from not spending the time you would like to spend with her.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1191 on: February 19, 2022, 01:16:16 PM »
But remember that many of them turn into chunky Babuskas.

Yeah I always wondered what happened there whether it was a genetic thing or just diet. I kind of got the impression it was a genetic thing. To be honest I wouldn't be too bothered at that age I don't think as long as she didn't get massive. I kind of accept that older people aren't going to be in the best of shape most of the time and that's understandable as health can deteriorate and looking good becomes of less importance. For younger women I think it's really not on exercising a bit of self control should be something they should really consider before going overboard in the cream cakes and donuts.

Well saw the naughty Russian girl got the ice smack her bum a few times yesterday missing out on a medal in the process, got just what she deserved I think :crackwhip:

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1192 on: February 19, 2022, 05:29:17 PM »
Yeah I always wondered what happened there whether it was a genetic thing or just diet.

Are you under the impression that eating salo is a fat burning proposition?  8)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

Ireland suspends visa requirement for Ukrainians
« Reply #1193 on: February 25, 2022, 09:04:27 PM »
The Minister for Justice Helen McEntee TD has announced the immediate lifting of visa requirements between Ukraine and Ireland.

It will apply as an emergency measure to all Ukrainians travelling to Ireland.

The Statutory Instrument removing the visa requirement for Ukraine nationals as an emergency measure takes immediate effect.

http://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/00aef-minister-mcentee-announces-immediate-lifting-of-visa-requirements-between-ukraine-and-ireland/#:~:text=The%20Minister%20for%20Justice%20Helen,who%20are%20resident%20in%20Ireland.

This is another possibility for my wife's relatives in Ukraine, as she also has a relative who is now a citizen of Ireland.  They (the Irish folks) have already extended the invitation.

Wife also owns a townhouse in Ireland, but it is occupied by long-term renters.

Offline ML

In God's hands
« Reply #1194 on: March 05, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »
Some of wife's family, and her in-laws family, (women and children only) are now preparing to leave Ukraine.
They are to end up in Ireland where other family already lives.
Ireland has waived visa requirements for Ukrainians.
We have faculty friends here from Romania and they have arranged that the Ukrainians can come to live with relatives in Romania for any days needed until they can arrange flights to Ireland.
I told wife that she can spend any and all of our money to help these people.
She started crying . . . does this a lot, of course.
She related to me how when she was standing in line applying for Student Visa to come to USA 11 years ago, she said:
God if I should go to USA, then please approve my visa.
If I should not go, then deny my visa.
Now she is saying that this was the reason her visa was approved so that she could be with me and get this help for these people to escape from the terrorist Russians and cover any expenses needed.

Quite heart rendering . . . and will give the Russian supporters here reason to snicker.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: In God's hands
« Reply #1195 on: March 05, 2022, 11:54:00 AM »
Some of wife's family, and her in-laws family, (women and children only) are now preparing to leave Ukraine.
We have faculty friends here from Romania and they have arranged that the Ukrainians can come to live with relatives in Romania for any days needed until they can arrange flights to Ireland.
She related to me how when she was standing in line applying for Student Visa to come to USA 11 years ago, she said:
Now she is saying that this was the reason her visa was approved so that she could be with me and get this help for these people to escape from the terrorist Russians and cover any expenses needed.

Quite heart rendering . . . and will give the Russian supporters here reason to snicker.

ML,

Ignore the hecklers here. They are few, though noisy, but their hyena-like tendencies to nip at the heels of useful and accurate posts is coming to an end.

Recognizing there is little comfort to be offered from simple words in an internet discussion forum - know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please continue posting updates, if you can and if you care to. Many people are starved for information right now, so every little bit is helpful.

Warmly .....

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Re: In God's hands
« Reply #1196 on: March 05, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »

Good information, well done ML
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #1197 on: March 05, 2022, 12:29:27 PM »
I’m heading to Europe tomorrow to help some family get out.
Other family members are now behind the lines and it’s too dangerous to travel through them as the Ruskies are shooting at civilians.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #1198 on: March 05, 2022, 12:32:12 PM »
I’m heading to Europe tomorrow to help some family get out.
Other family members are now behind the lines and it’s too dangerous to travel through them as the Ruskies are shooting at civilians.

God speed. If you are able and willing, updates are welcomed.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #1199 on: March 05, 2022, 12:35:21 PM »
God speed. If you are able and willing, updates are welcomed.

Thanks, I’ll try.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541401
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2827