It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Real stories from Ukraine :  (Read 4178 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Real stories from Ukraine :
« on: April 30, 2022, 11:48:41 AM »
This is about a 14 year old girl in Kharkiv, Kira S.
She was injured on the 15th of April due to indiscriminate shelling of a residential area of Kharkiv by the Russians.
Kira has extensive shrapnel injuries to her internal organs and is in intensive care following several rounds of surgery to repair her liver, duodenum and intestines.
She has shrapnel lodged very close to her spine which is causing paralysis. She cannot be moved due to the severity of her injuries.

Kira was a promising young gymnast. It is unlikely she will ever resume her gymnastics career if she survives.

Real people, real stories.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Trips: Resident
My Story
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 01:23:42 AM »
Two months ago I went to Nikolayev with the Doctors without Borders (MSF). I accompanied them as an interpreter. We intended to visit Oncology Hospital 2 at 18 Nikolayevskaya Street. No sooner had we parked our van across from the hospital garage and come up to the gate than it started to bang loudly. I did not realize at once it was shelling. In Odessa we are used to air defense banging in the sky, but this time it was much louder and closer. We took cover in the garage, in the pit. I coud see a flash a hundred meters away at the 5th floor level next to a residential building.

When we got out, our van was pierced with shrapnel all over. Like a lot of cars in the area. Many windows were broken, loud hissing could be heard from a gas pipe nearby.

Later I learned that it was cluster bombs from occupied Herson. Had we arrived just 5 minutes later I would have possibly been killed or wounded. Some citizens of Nikolayev were then indeed. Cluster bombs are meant to kill people rather than destroy objects. I can assure that the area was purely residential, only aparment blocks and kindergartens around. No military equipment, no troops. The object we tried to visit was an active hospital still used to its purpose. The MSF would not have simply tried to visit it otherwise as they are doctors and if it had been a military base they would have had no reason to go there. They are impartial and refuse weapons.

This is just one small example of THOUSANDS when the Russian Nazis deliberately kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure. It is no mistake, they do it on purpose because their aim is to completely wipe out Ukraine with all its people, their language, culture and state, and just annex the soil. This is what they did to Mariupol, a city of once half a million people totally erased (there is not a single building that was not hit), where putrid smell is all around now from the corpses of the people buried in the debris. But out of all those thousands here is one that is my own experience that I can fully confirm. This is not propaganda, a journalist report, rumors, a story from a friend or neighbor, but something first-hand.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 12:20:43 PM by Stirlitz »
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline ML

Re: Real stories from Ukraine :
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 08:49:05 AM »
Thanks for this 'on the spot' report.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 09:27:27 AM »
this all happened before, over 300 years ago!!!
"The West", was at war with Russia
 Charles XII of Sweeden, was planning on invading Moscow, but due to the effects of a "scorched earth" policy used by Russia, he had to call it off!
so instead of Moscow, the Swedish army decided to go and camp in Ukraine
they enlisted the help of Ivan Mazepa, a top Ukrainian leader, who learned he was to be replaced by Tsar Peter I , yes THAT Peter!  by a Russian puppet figure to lead Ukraine a higly corrupt and crooked Prince Aleksander Danilovich Menshikov

this lead to the battle of Poltava
which was fought not far from where the war is TODAY!!
weird, huh?

so this struggle of the Russian ruling elite and the destiny of Ukraine is hundreds of years old!
and y'all think it's gonna end, "real soon now"?
LOL!!

American Reaper drones armed with hellfire missiles are on their way to Ukraine
a very high probability that USA will operate them at least part of the time
imagine the benefit they gain by getting data of hellfire missiles against T-72 tanks
and guaranteed that there will NEVER be a single US casualty

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 09:36:11 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Jumper1

Re: My Story
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 08:40:09 PM »
Two months ago I went to Nikolayev with the Doctors without Borders (MSF). I accompanied them as an interpreter. We intended to visit Oncology Hospital 2 at 18 Nikolayevskaya Street. No sooner had we parked our van across from the hospital garage and come up to the gate than it started to bang loudly. I did not realize at once it was shelling. In Odessa we are used to air defense banging in the sky, but this time it was much louder and closer. We took cover in the garage, in the pit. I coud see a flash a hundred meters away at the 5th floor level next to a residential building.

When we got out, our van was pierced with shrapnel all over. Like a lot of cars in the area. Many windows were broken, loud hissing could be heard from a gas pipe nearby.

Later I learned that it was cluster bombs from occupied Herson. Had we arrived just 5 minutes later I would have possibly been killed or wounded. Some citizens of Nikolayev were then indeed. Cluster bombs are meant to kill people rather than destroy objects. I can assure that the area was purely residential, only aparment blocks and kindergartens around. No military equipment, no troops. The object we tried to visit was an active hospital still used to its purpose. The MSF would not have simply tried to visit it otherwise as they are doctors and if it had been a military base they would have had no reason to go there. They are impartial and refuse weapons.

This is just one small example of THOUSANDS when the Russian Nazis deliberately kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure. It is no mistake, they do it on purpose because their aim is to completely wipe out Ukraine with all its people, their language, culture and state, and just annex the soil. This is what they did to Mariupol, a city of once half a million people totally erased (there is not a single building that was not hit), where putrid smell is all around now from the corpses of the people buried in the debris. But out of all those thousands here is one that is my own experience that I can fully confirm. This is not propaganda, a journalist report, rumors, a story from a friend or neighbor, but something first-hand.

I'm.glad to hear you are ok Igor!

I remember when that hospital area was hit, if it's the children's  regional hospital.

My mother in laws place  not so far from.there was hit, and some children in the courtyard were injured.
:(

Offline John Gaunt

Re: My Story
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 09:25:54 AM »

I’ve seen a YouTube video about this incident.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 05:07:21 PM »
Johnny and friend dine at Pervak restaurant in his latest vlog.   
Good memories for those of us who ate there many years ago.   
Doesn't look much different than 2002.
She tells her story of a month's occupation in Kherson.
Her husband is in the military.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:11:17 PM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 06:45:09 AM »
The recent weeks have been difficult with daily power shortages. In fact, we would stay without electricity for up to 72 hours on end a few times and it should rather be called whiteouts than blackouts as we have light a few hours a day and the rest is dark. There have been shortages in water supply and heating as well. I am talking about my personal experience in Odessa, but of course, similar or worse things happen out there too in many other towns.

Not to mention I have only had one customer over the last six months (in August) and no other income.

Nevertheless, we do not give up and do not despair. If anyone here talks to Poo-tin, tell his that he is Hooylaw! (Dickhead in Russian/Ukrainian). Нравится, не нравится — империя развалится!!!
Igor Kalinin

Offline ML

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 09:12:41 AM »
Igor, thanks for your real reports.

My wife's parents live west of Kyiv and, so far, have not been directly affected by the war.
They have huge gardens every year, along with chickens, so are well fed.

We have contributed significant sums of money to send to various organizations to help Ukraine,  and also bought (with others) several hundred pounds of winter clothing that was sent to Ukrainian troops.

We sent money to other relatives who purchased a generator for wife's  parents along with a supply of gas.
Has not been needed yet.

Of course wife feels guilty that she is not there to provide more direct help for her parents.

We are very appreciative of the effort you and others are directly involved with in defending against the terrorist Russians.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2022, 04:14:10 PM »
blackout lifestyle
you have to do everything in the day time
because after dark the universe no longer exists
and is instead replaced
by a dark void that conceals the night's lurking terrors...

you got robots in the sky
bandits in the alley
and a thousand dark shapes
you gotta get by
on the way to buy
some kleb in the kleb magazine

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Olga and the hidden assets of high traitors
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2023, 02:03:54 PM »
Medvedchuk and Kozak secret assets (w/English subtitles)

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 03:29:38 PM »
Trying to stick to the subject of this thread, I can report that power outages are long over, at least for myself. Putin failed to bend us.

Igor Kalinin

Online krimster2

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 05:33:49 PM »
same outcome as nazi V-1 and V-2 bombs in London back in '44
breaking the population didn't work then, won't work now either
yeah, Ukraine is back to exporting power again huh-rah!

do you know any foreign fighters in Odesa?
how are they integrated into the Ukrainian military command?
are any allowed some degree of independence?

do you know of any weapons workshops in Odesa?
if so, what are the "rules" do ya have to be "documented" in some way
Ukrainian embassy in USA has no clue about these subjects
inquiring minds would like to know
if you hear of any details, please post them here

if Ukraine made it easy for us and supplied info
you would GET a lot more people showing up who have interesting "skills"
just saying...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1