It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 456013 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I've been wondering how Uni's are likely to get back to it when they resume in September. Given that their usual mode of operation entail lots of students close together in large lecture theatres, classrooms, corridors and in halls of residence I couldn't see that being possible. This news report from the BBC sheds light on what they are looking at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52506283

So basically they are going to want to charge the same money for students having to plonk their rear behind their computer screen and listen to them bore on over video link, assuming it is live at all. No chance of scoring or even perving over the class hottie near them, etc. just bum numbing hours in isolation in their room listening to lecturer boring on.

Now while this will save money on cost of halls it will of course mean that many students will be stuck with their parents and vice versa. Some won't mind this too much but others will not fancy it after seeing it as an opportunity to live a bit independently. Another issue though is that student halls and private student accommodation will be lacking in student residents if students are no longer living away from home. Some of these residencies may be able to rent out to the general public, but some may not be suited to that nor have the license for it and may go bust. Usual Uni student areas where landlords rent to students may see a lot less demand for accommodation and have to offer lower rents as a result.

I personally can't see a lot of students being happy with such a situation. Some on more technical & scientific courses may be willing to undertake the bum numbing hours but those on the more light and airy courses such as Marketing are unlikely to fancy it. I know myself that online learning can quickly become a drag and very tedious to do, I wouldn't fancy it, especially if unis had the cheek to want full tuition fees.

I personally can see degree apprenticeships, apprenticeships and just getting a job and working your way up as becoming more likely route for young people to get on these days. With the high cost of uni tuition, hours of boredom and no guarantee of a job at the end of it along with no form of independence I can't see that as being attractive to many young people.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Here the likely plan seems to be for half of the students in class one week, the other half the next to reduce classroom size and increase personal distance measures.  On the off week, those students at home would continue with virtual instruction.

Masks will likely be mandatory along with regular disinfection of classrooms etc.

Offline BC

BTW just had my first bar made cappuccino today. Take away but still quite nice.

Great for the guys and gals at bars to get back to work.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Trench,

My son attends University of Surrey and the campus accommodation is now being used by NHS staff,whilst part of it is being used as a temporary Morgue.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10

My wife's college classes resumed online. My governor said he's going to keep all schools closed the rest of the year so I assume they will all be online. My guess is he's waiting for a vaccine to show up before allowing kids back in school. The city of Seattle gave ALL the students an A for the rest of the school year. It'll disguise their poor performance teaching kids.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

Local university grew from 20,000 students to 30,000 students back in late 1990s.  Hundreds of new apartment buildings went up.  I suspected the university president at the time, who oversaw this growth, got big payoffs from building contractors.

I have frequently told wife, as we are driving and can't believe the number of new buildings, that there would be many bankruptcies if and when the student population declined back to 'natural' levels.

But, of course, never dreamed it would come from something like Corona keeping students away from campus for extended period of time, and maybe permanently for the future.

Over the years, I have been tempted myself to purchase a small apartment building for rental income.  Glad I didn't do it.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

BTW just had my first bar made cappuccino today. Take away but still quite nice.

Great for the guys and gals at bars to get back to work.

cappuccino - the breakfast drink of Italians. 

Where id you enjoy your cappuccino?   By "take away," I presume you could not sit indoors.  Does the coffee shop have outdoor seating nearby?   Can you not stand and sip?   

Offline BC

cappuccino - the breakfast drink of Italians. 

Where id you enjoy your cappuccino?   By "take away," I presume you could not sit indoors.  Does the coffee shop have outdoor seating nearby?   Can you not stand and sip?

No, can't stand up and sip - yet.  Wife picked it up on the way back from the weekly shopping trip in disposable cups and packaging, so enjoyed in the office.  Outdoor seating for bars and restaurants will come later, maybe at the end of the month but not quite yet.  Don't want folks gathering around quite yet.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Trench,

My son attends University of Surrey and the campus accommodation is now being used by NHS staff,whilst part of it is being used as a temporary Morgue.

Wow, that's a pretty depressing & sobering scene CB. Not sure it is somewhere I would want to live after that, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Here the likely plan seems to be for half of the students in class one week, the other half the next to reduce classroom size and increase personal distance measures.  On the off week, those students at home would continue with virtual instruction.

Masks will likely be mandatory along with regular disinfection of classrooms etc.

Think that sounds like it is the best way forward BC and will likely have similar done here. Otherwise I can't see students being happy paying thousands in student loan tuition money to sit behind a screen at home for hours on end.

Offline BC

Trench,

Are tuition/student loans a 'thing' in UK?

Offline ML

Half the students attending on alternate days typically would mean one empty seat between them.
Doesn't meet distancing criteria.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Trench,

Are tuition/student loans a 'thing' in UK?

Kind off, most have them. You take out a student loan through the Government's 'Student Loan Company' to pay for tuition fees of around £9k per year. Repayments are taken when you reach a certain income threshold. Otherwise after a certain amount of time, something like 25 years or so and/or when you get to 60/65 anything left on the loan gets wiped. It's doesn't get taken into account as debt when you go for mortgages or other loans either.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
both my daughters will drop out of Rice univ at the end of this semester...
online at Rice is a joke with no punchline that costs me over $100,000+ per year

here is the latest CDC projection, whoever created this was probably just fired, so it might be a while before you get an update
media is just doin it's job, but anything bad for Trump is fake, right?
the virus handling is his "success"

based on these new numbers
when we hit exponential growth again this fall/winter from this high of a base level
then the numbers by next year will be beyond catastrophic, truly historic
wake up to reality
we're talking a million dead now by next year...
and complete economic and social collapse
based on official CDC numbers

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:25:19 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
This week marks the first week Calif. Governor will reopen select retail businesses here. It will be measured and left to each county's discretion as long as it meets with each county's hospital beds, testing and tracking requirements.

Beginning today, California will conduct an online academy to recruit and train 3,000 tracers/week. The goal is to first launch up to 10,000 as businesses begin to open. The ultimate goal is to have enough tracers to meet the demand as phasing and staging progress statewide. California currently have 23 counties that are actively tracing COVID.

All beaches are open with strict spacing guidelines being adhered to.

Schools at all level is scheduled to open August 2020.

The exception, 3 counties are allowed to open school, churches and businesses by Friday if people can stay 6' of spacing apart.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline LAman

This week marks the first week Calif. Governor will reopen select retail businesses here. It will be measured and left to each county's discretion as long as it meets with each county's hospital beds, testing and tracking requirements.

All beaches are open with strict spacing guidelines being adhered to.

I thought beaches in LA county were still closed on weekends?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
I thought beaches in LA county were still closed on weekends?

LA County have very limited capacity with a wide range of restriction. Parking lots are closed, and no static visiting, must maintain spacing, etc..meaning walking, jogging, surfing, biking or other motioned recreation is allowed. The temporary closure of OC beaches are also re-opening.

I was at the Marina this week watching the bioluminescence show twice with a bunch of people on the shoreline. Also surfed porto and biked from Marina to southbay both days with wifey.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:00:44 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline calmissile

Yes the bio luminescence is quite something to see.  I loved watching the porpoises light up the water when I was going out albacore fishing in the middle of the night.

Saw today an awesome news clip of a surfer and the breaking wave he was riding.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
both my daughters will drop out of Rice univ at the end of this semester...

Are they enrolling elsewhere?

I believe universities in Canada will be back to classes in September.  They're starting with limited openings now. 

Has Rice announced there will be no classes?

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
no, both my daughters are permanently leaving the USA this September
and will permanently live inside Mozhaysky on some ulitsa i’d rather not say here...
I’m going with them for the ordeal of the klinika vaktsinatsii
which means a months confinement for the 3 of us, my wife is staying in the USA
she is not recommended to take this vaccine, so she gets to hang out in the bunker with a “friend"
my stay in Russia will be temporary, and I’ll be home for Christmas...
if only in my dreams

I know the curtain is falling again in Russia
but I have SOLID connections now through BLOOD
all I have to do is find various ways to make myself useful to them

my kids and I are getting at LEAST one of the new Russian Trial vaccines, a risky one based on a naturally found weakened version of the virus, that reproduces slowly....
this plus Russian antii-virals
AND get this...
as long as your respiration isn't low, you can get get 2 mg hits of morphine every 4 hours
I like to get DOUBLE that 4 mg, right before I nod off,
that's why I have stacks of hundreds
delivered to me whenever I want
to pay off EVERYONE
to make my life a freakin paradise for me and my two baby girls
while I'm voluntarily injecting myself and my children with Corona Virus
OMG
am I crazy?

and when I come out of quarantine with my children
we may also be given a Russian produced version of the Oxford Vaccine...
the timing will be close...
but certainly by late Fall

all this spetsial'naya klinika comes with a VERY steep cost!!
it takes 4 weekstotal time  for us to be quarantined at the klinika...
my daughters and I have a penthouse on the top floor where we’re staying
with full medical and room service, I freakin love Russia
then ONLY after we pass all the virus tests, then we’re out!!!
and the Russian government itself certifies us with no detectable level of virus in our blood
but testing positive for anti-bodies that I can even donate to local clinics
which I will do for the publicity, Russians will eat it up on TV!!
middle aged women will approach me on the street and stare at my crotch again
like when I was younger

It also means that while everyone in Russia will be terrified of the virus this winter
I can walk with immunity anywhere in the worst of the worst
and actually fear no evil
meanwhile the ruined world lays at my feet
on both sides of the ocean
a surreal nightmare
I even bet no one is even gonna want to buy Krimskaya Coffee a year from now, unless they can cook and eat the beans...
sad...
that whole plantation will be ruined now
and the monkeys will move back in
and start tearing up the buildings again

the virus has messed up my life completely
not to mention my Children
one getting married this year in Russia and is moving there
and youngest decided to go with her her older sister and is working as an English/Russian translator for a Russian bank in Mozhaysky
which the family is connected with
but borgoi moy it is freakin COLD there

this group of people took my advice about bitcoin and in the last two months have doubled their money...
I told them to sell at $9600
then after it crosses $10,000 the price will temporarily collapse
when it does, buy everything back you just sold
take the difference in pound sterling
have HSBC buy 10 oz gold bars or 1 oz rounds and hold them in your vault

I can do all this online
sitting in my bunker folks

but then later, I have to make a trip to Douglass in The Irish Sea
and takes me gold out....

aye mateys' and t'will be a rough sailin trip home me lads
a rough one indeed

I have my daughter’s wedding to attend
I brought two suits
one is a white Panama suit, that I wear with a purple shirt and black tie and aviator glasses
I look dashing!

when I’m out, I have a virus passport for Russia and can do WTF I want in Russia!!
and I’m probably going to be immune to the Russian version of Corona for the next 3 yrs or so
the shots will be cheaper next time!

so much stuff is happening in Russia right now
like 10 years of change is going to happen in the next 6 months...
but the DEALS are MIND BOGGLING

after I make sure my kids are gonna be OK in Russia
I’ll come back home to my bunker in the USA
to protect my wife from
the night riders that roam our streets each night here in Texas...
Folks, I am not joking, strange cars are cruisin all through communities that aren't gated
even some like mine that are!!!
tile roof and lexan windows plus brick house, means I'm immune to molotov cocktails at night on roof or through a window

no, I'm not joking, this is TOTALLY what Texas is gonna be like 18 months from now
something out of your worst nightmares folks

your first warning will be shootings at long lines of cars at food lines which have huge numbers of cops
with virus deniers getting cut-off in line by a meth-head and it "gets ugly" REAL FAST, if you know what I mean...
maybe then the reality begins to sink in....

that we are gonna enter a NEW period of history folks
we've only just begun to live
twilight and promises
das va danya to the old world
I figure you have maybe two years tops for here in the USA, other places may do better
but if the CDC numbers turn out to be true a month from now

then this town
this town's a Ghost Town
a Ghost Town

the CDC numbers that were leaked today, basically mean it’s going to be the end of the world as we know it

Russia is already dividing the country into a 1000 green zones
this time next year, if you’re not living in a green zone in Russia
then you are majorly fooked
when your local food distribution system starts collapsing
and Moscow only distributes to green zones and oligarchs with their own “connections”

the collapse plus apocalypse should be called the "Collapse-alypse"
a year from now, it'll be on America's doorstep
IF, I say IF the CDC numbers are correct....

the CDC number should be a source of major controversy right now
I don't understand why it isn't
but, if it turns out to be accurate
then people we are in "deep doo-ddo"
cuz, like I said....
with this high of a plateau
when the conditions become more optimal for the virus in the fall/winter/spring
we will once again get a new EXPONENTIAL growth phase
that shoots to an absolutely horrendous peak of millions of new infections per day!!

that may mean 10,000 people dying per day or more
it means mass graves
for sure

aren't you guys understanding this yet...

I think there is a great deal of controversy about the CDC numbers,
BUT...
if they turn out to be right, then going back to work and reducing social distancing will be CLEARLY shown
based on rising Corona numbers to be the WRONG thing, do you remember that word? WRONG?

I'm thinking there should be a Corona Commission if the CDC's forecast turns out to be true, while ALL off Trump's have downplayed the virus
I guess we'll see who's right a month from now

but if the CDC is right, then the world as we know it is doomed
I'm serious!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:47:14 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

So they are giving up on education completely? 

What if the marriage goes sour?  What if your "blood" connections lose favour?

The chance of either of your daughters dying from COVID-19 is remote. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
So they are giving up on education completely? 

What if the marriage goes sour?  What if your "blood" connections lose favour?

The chance of either of your daughters dying from COVID-19 is remote. 

Women that are of marriageable quality don't need education Boe. If they are acceptable for marriage then even if one falls through they will be acceptable for many a man. It's the woman's ability to bear children is where their worth lies.

Only the ugliest of girls need bother with education or those that are naturally talented.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:13:40 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline BC

Will somebody please shoot Trench and put him out of his misery?

I don't have a gun but may rethink my position if he keeps up his trolling.

Offline BC

Interesting interview with Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis of Greece.  See if you can spot the elephant.

Offline Boethius

Women that are of marriageable quality don't need education Boe. If they are acceptable for marriage then even if one falls through they will be acceptable for many a man. It's the woman's ability to bear children is where their worth lies.

Only the ugliest of girls need bother with education or those that are naturally talented.

Sure.  Until she has a baby and then figures out the 40 year old schmuck she married, who can't generate an income in excess of £27,000, can't afford to buy her more than the very basics.  So, uneducated, she is forced to work as an Asda cashier in order to purchase school uniforms, runners (I believe you call them "trainers"), and be able to get a good haircut and occasional manicure for herself.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541437
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1859
Total: 1867

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Today at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Today at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Today at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM