It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...  (Read 109074 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »
Tim,

Sounds perfect.   Don't push it.   And don't screw it up by chasing other skirts.   You seem to be at that decision point which Kuna spoke of  - stopped playing around and ready to settle down.  It is too early to say, but I wonder which came first in your case, the chicken or the egg?

More than one RW has told me that when she dates someone, she does not want to date anyone else.   She does not even think about other men.   Nor does she want to go "all in."  She realizes that there is so much more that she needs to know.    She wants to keep dating and see what develops and meanwhile have fun doing it.   

You recognize the operative word - patience.

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:04 AM »
Well, I am sad / happy to admit that I have been in knots over this for 3 days.  I did not believe I could feel this way anymore!

I just had another day with her, but on this day we had "the talk" and everything turns out to be perfect - she was feeling everything that I was, maybe more so.  She was sincere, expressive, and adamant.   She is a good communicator I see now.   Within 30 minutes we re-framed our relationship from the friendly tentative to something with much more gravity.  We now have a more candid and mature understanding of things.   I see now in real life what I had hoped I would see in my hopeful imagination - she is a very very good woman.   She makes me want to become a better man.

I came DAMN CLOSE to acting impulsively (I was only coaching myself to be patient) - and I am very very very very happy I did not.

Now, we will determine very naturally, respectfully; and, yes SLOWLY, what will become of us.   But, that's fine for me.  I feel very lucky to have a real chance with her.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:39:18 AM by rivardco »

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »
Well, I am sad / happy to admit that I have been in knots over this for 3 days.  I did not believe I could feel this way anymore.

I just had another day with her, but on this day we had "the talk" and everything turns out to be perfect - she was feeling everything that I was, maybe more so.  She was sincere, expressive, and adamant.   She is a good communicator I see now.   Within 30 minutes we re-framed our relationship from the friendly tentative to something with much more gravity.  We now have a more candid and mature understanding of things.   I see now in real life what I had hoped I would see - she is a very very good woman.   She makes me want to become a better man.

I came DAMN CLOSE to acting impulsively (I was only coaching myself to be patient) - and I am very very very very happy I did not.

Now, we will determine very naturally, respectfully; and, yes SLOWLY, what will become of us.   But, that's fine for me.  I feel very lucky to have a real chance with her.

:clapping:  Glad that everything seems to be going in the right direction!!!!!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Misha

« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
She makes me want to become a better man.

This is the surest sign of her being a "keeper"  :thumbsup:

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
Starting to miss Pandora internet radio and Netflix 

ANY IDEAS / ALTERNATIVES?

It won't do you any good where you are at this time, but when you get back ~ try Scarify Radio. I tend to like it much better.

You should've packed SlingShot before leaving if you really like your Netflix (hate it after a while. Same old shows though I like the off-the-beaten-path flicks). Can you not stream your N'flix where you are right now?

Quote from: rivardco
...You know what?!?!?  All posts comments and observations here tend to "OVER THINK" everything BIG TIME.   There is no right way,  or wrong way.  You cannot gauge and measure your way into a successful relationship - we all know better than that!  And, by the way, the value of marriage is itself over estimated here.  Marriage is GREAT when it works!  But, there are just as many horror stories as successes.  You have to be a well adjusted, unselfish human being to be a good spouse. Too much consumerism is a surefire sign of selfishness, and that is 99% of the MOB narrative...

I tend to agree with that statement.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »
I have been in Ukraine 23 days now.   I think this is a good place to wrap up my First Trip Report / Wife Hunting Journal on RWD.

For those thinking of taking a trip to Ukraine looking for a serious relationship, here are my unvarnished thoughts:

- Do not be afraid of travelling abroad, or to the Ukraine. Be flexible and make it an adventure.  (Do not bring a strict, ridged-ass here, or anywhere else, if you are a demanding American that can not handle a few curve balls)

- Write to some women before you come.  It is best to have some warm possibilities - even if they turn into a waste of time.

- BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.  Take all the crap on agency sites and flush it down the toilet. Beautiful woman in every country in the world have choices.  If you are 70 years old, do not come here looking for a 24 year old beauty queen Medical Doctor. Have realistic expectations.  Be willing to expand your preferences and TRY to look at the woman's character, not her body. Do not believe that ANY American Man with a pulse can "pick" a woman here - THAT IS LAUGHABLE!

- Realize that you have a HUGE presumption of guilt you must over come.  The women will not easily trust you are "for real".  They have already seen the "best and brightest" parade in and out of here many times over.

- Be able to handle the question of "How Long Will You Be Here."  The way you answer will determine if you get a second date.

- Understand that the first trip only sets up the second trip.  You better have the time and money to be able to pull this off constructively without pressure.  Do not try to force a square peg into a round hole.

- Do not try to meet too many ladies. It blurs the mind. 

A) I have met 10 ladies in 23 days.  Of those, I have only asked to see 3 a second time.  I have only tried with one woman.  With that woman, today I will see her for the 9th time.  I have some acquaintances that are still on a tour in a distant town.  I talked to one yesterday.  He has met a zillion women (and each time the meter is running .. meeting cost, taxi cost, interpreter cost, dinner), He has only met TWO women twice!   He says he has two "possibilities".  That is an awful lot of time and money for "two distant possibilities"!

B) It is far better to consolidated your efforts in a specific location and MAKE REAL FRIENDS - let people know you are a real human being and not on a stop watch to "find a wife" - that just sounds so suspicious, bordering on mentally ill.  In a city with as little as 300,000, there are an abundance of possibilities.  You are not looking for a army of women, you are only looking for one, special woman right?
If you are a normal guy, and have good intentions, you may PM me and I will happily provide you with the reliable contacts I have met in Ukraine.  I think it helps a man tremendously to get out of the middle man matrix of agencies and tours.  You want to be seen as an independent man that is self directed, not a part of a gravy train.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:59:31 AM by rivardco »

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
Tim,

:applaud:

That is all.

Congrats,

Kuna

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
Clear thoughts, very helpful reflections to anybody who is going to make a trip for FSUW trophy.
I dare to hope to see here the observations on differences between Colombians and FSUW.
I've got that Colombians were great, so why to turn to FSUW?

Offline Kuna

« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »
Clear thoughts, very helpful reflections to anybody who is going to make a trip for FSUW trophy.
I dare to hope to see here the observations on differences between Colombians and FSUW.

I agree...

Tim,  would be very interesting to hear you opinions on the differences between Columbian and Ukrainian girls that you've seen so far.

Kuna

Offline Simoni

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2012, 02:33:59 AM »

Because I have told him 100 times he needs to go to Ukraine!  Only then will he have the power of comparison.

I'm with Kuna-- bravo, Tim! Your wrap-up comments are 100% on target.

~Simoni

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »
great tr's , tim!  enjoyed them immensely!

Offline SFandEE

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
The biggest challenge is building familiarity and trust NATURALLY after you have taken the chance to travel around the world to see "what if." The tick of the clock and "natural" are in absolute conflict for most guys. For me, relaxing and balancing the mind has been very helpful.   I am fortunate! I can work here on the Internet (client correspondence, conference calls, ect...)  So, I just as easy can say: "I can not see you today, I have to work", as the women.

One last note.  After you have gone through enough beauties to satisfy one's male curiosity.  And, after you realize that there is no perfect woman.  And, after you truly want someone to grow a real human relationship with ... then, surprisingly, MANY MANY woman are ideal and suitable matches worthy - more than worthy - of time and care.  I remember Blues Fairy commenting on what she told her husband to be upon leaving him after their first meeting:"It is in your hands."  At the time that struck me as interesting.  Now it strikes me as the simple truth of things.

I have been enjoying your posts and have been seeing some great expressions and insights.  I think they are wisdom.  I have been to Poltava and really like the way you talk about just needing to find the "right one".  Certainly Poltava as many cities in Ukraine have women who are able to meet that role most ably.  So great news about how your relationship is developing.  It sounds like a watershed moment.  It must feel great to have someone you desire connecting with you and expressing the same.  I am thinking this is "I", but I might have missed that detail over the many pages.

Wishing you well.
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline Gator

« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
Tim,

You went from the whimsical to the focused in a relatively short period of time.   Congratulations.  And Good Luck!

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Important clarification:  When I said to write to get some warm possibilities, I only met social networking sites, language sites, maybe Elenas Models.  NOT the big MOB web sites - those are not real

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2012, 07:39:44 AM »
)))))) Good for you Rivy ))))))
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Misha

« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2012, 02:51:31 AM »
- Write to some women before you come.  It is best to have some warm possibilities - even if they turn into a waste of time.

I agree which is why I suggested that the free Russian dating sites were a good option. I am glad that things worked out well for you. Wishing you the best!

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
Starting to miss Pandora internet radio and Netflix 

ANY IDEAS / ALTERNATIVES?

Netflix ==> vkontakte.com

there you can find almost any video, just type the title and "ENGLISH"

Offline SteveOR

« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »

A well written and informative trip report.  Thanks for taking the time to write it, Tim.  I hope you'll keep us posted on your future adventures. . .

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
I am still living in Ukraine.  Here are some additional thought based upon recent conversations / experiences ...

- attractive women are everywhere.  It is really quite amazing
- very attractive women are spoiled - at least a little bit - everywhere on this planet.
- there are many many women NOT on agencies or online that would be open to meeting a good man.   Many of these women have enough language skills to communicate.  Again, it takes time
- women are not difficult to meet and open and curious - providing you stay out of major cities.
- there is not a social fabric in Ukraine.  People do not trust each other.
- Women over the age of 28 (without damage) are more difficult to find, and more open to a good guy to marry
- the costs of living are not as cheap as you would imagine for a 1st world life in Ukraine. 

I always thought that the negative term Mail Order Bride was a social criticism from 1st world countries.  Jealous American men and women?   I see the shopping mentality in the men who come here.  It is a part of the preparation process.  It is part of the risk management process.  Once you see it, it is EVERYWHERE.  It is baked into the equation to such a great degree it is amazing that any success ever comes of this.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:40:40 PM by rivardco »

Offline Misha

« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2012, 02:49:01 AM »
- the costs of living are not as cheap as you would imagine for a 1st world life in Ukraine. 

In Russia, it would certainly be more expensive to get a comparable lifestyle than what it would cost in North America. If you want to live like a local, however, it can be cheaper, though it might involve growing some potatoes if you want to live really cheaply  ;D

Offline calmissile

« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2012, 03:02:28 AM »

In Russia, it would certainly be more expensive to get a comparable lifestyle than what it would cost in North America. If you want to live like a local, however, it can be cheaper, though it might involve growing some potatoes if you want to live really cheaply  ;D

But from potatoes you can make excellent Vodka.    LOL
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline The Natural

« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »
But from potatoes you can make excellent Vodka.    LOL

The vodka made in Norway is based on potatoes and I remember when I said so to the uncle of my ex-wife in Russia, he shaked his head and said real vodka should be made of grains. Am no expert in this, but no vodka taste as good as Stolichnaya though.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »

The vodka made in Norway is based on potatoes and I remember when I said so to the uncle of my ex-wife in Russia, he shaked his head and said real vodka should be made of grains. Am no expert in this, but no vodka taste as good as Stolichnaya though.

That is the general consensus of the vodka aficionados I know. I can't tell and am partial to bourbon myself  ;D

The best vodka I have had was made with soybeans. It was called "3". Supposedly distilled 3 times

Offline The Natural

« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
That is the general consensus of the vodka aficionados I know. I can't tell and am partial to bourbon myself  ;D

The best vodka I have had was made with soybeans. It was called "3". Supposedly distilled 3 times

That rings a bell my old friend. Didn't we discuss this thing before, about the soybean vodka I mean. I still hold the same view on soy as before, it's toxic, especially for men which it will make into sissys as it has estrogen properties. But.... enjoy... hehe

Offline Muzh

« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
Nothing better than potato juice.

I have a T-shirt that says "I like my potatos mashed, distilled, and chilled."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1996
Total: 2006

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM