It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 459612 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2525 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:17 PM »
Begging is not in the nature of FSUW.   They have too much pride to ever think they are at a disadvantage.   

Do not treat someone as if her choices are so few that she should be happy with you.   She will resent you.   

Perhaps, yet she will never behave as if that were the case, much less admit it to any man.  Heck, she may not even admit it to herself.   

Be guided by the fact FSUW very much appreciate a man who makes them feel beautiful. It is a simple yet important  concept.   

Another top post!!
Gator -- you have made a series of posts that show great wisdom ,common senses and insight -- in threads that have nothing to do with DT !!

( a ps that is why I cannot understand why you are not more critical of the DT issues)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #2526 on: April 20, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »
What do you mean? You think money is that important to be 'successful'? Money=success? That is if one wants to buy their way into every situation.

What about personality, values, realistic expectations???

Well --it is pretty clear the Trenchcoat has none of these  !!

Plus he is a pauper that is stuck in the "i own my home" bs to justify his arrogant stupidity .Pounds to peanuts that situation was not a result of his own endeavours.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2527 on: April 20, 2019, 01:58:32 PM »
LAdewd

Trench, reads what we write but never acts on it. There are 10 members and 58
Guests viewing this topic right now. I write advice to Trench for them more than
for him.

The Newbies can read this thread and glean 8 or 9 (or more) lessons from it.

Because Trench never acts on it is reason why I NEVER give him any advice( other than directions/apt), what for?

You may claim advice is for newbies but people always think advice is for someone else( not them).

It's been several years people here have been harping on money issue, for some girl's it IS very important, for other's it is not most important. Girl I was seeing from Odessa gave me a valuable lesson one time. She was at party/club one night, she met this guy and spent some time getting to know him. She was one who always looked at shoes to form an impression, he had good shoes. At end of night, he gave her some money for taxi to get home, a few days later she found out it was the only money he had. He walked home that night( took several hours). Quite the impression this gave, a big reason she was with him, gave him a child...….  it had little to do with money but it had everything to do with sacrificing.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2528 on: April 20, 2019, 02:31:32 PM »
It's been several years people here have been harping on money issue, for some girl's it IS very important, for other's it is not most important.

It doesn't matter what the girl thinks, Trenchy lives in Blighty. He makes less than
the minimum allowed by the UK gov'mit. Therefore he is wasting his and her time.

Spouse Visa UK Financial Requirements
If you plan on joining your Spouse or Civil Partner in the UK, you must first be aware
of the Spouse Visa financial requirements and exceptions. The financial threshold that
you will be required to meet falls upon your British partner's (your UK sponsor) income.
He/she must earn a minimum annual amount of £18,600.

http://us.iasservices.org.uk/visas/spouse-visas/spouse-visa-financial-requirements/

With a pay rise that has just come through I make £16.5k a year now which is approx $21.5k.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:36:36 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline LAman

« Reply #2529 on: April 20, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »
It doesn't matter what the girl thinks, Trenchy lives in Blighty. He makes less than
the minimum allowed by the UK gov'mit. Therefore he is wasting his and her time.

Even if Trench made triple his wages it wouldn't change anything, he is wasting his and girl's time.

Issue is not money, it's between the ears.....
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Gator

« Reply #2530 on: April 20, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »
Another top post....I cannot understand why you are not more critical of the DT issues

Thanks.  I responded in the Trump thread. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2531 on: April 20, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »

Spouse Visa UK Financial Requirements
If you plan on joining your Spouse or Civil Partner in the UK, you must first be aware
of the Spouse Visa financial requirements and exceptions. The financial threshold that
you will be required to meet falls upon your British partner's (your UK sponsor) income.
He/she must earn a minimum annual amount of £18,600.

http://us.iasservices.org.uk/visas/spouse-visas/spouse-visa-financial-requirements/

That is correct but we have been through this before. I can do more hours and earn more money overnight. I only need phone my company and they will give me more work that will easily take me over the £18.6k. Once I have met a girl then I will do that, I then only have to keep up those hours for a minimum of six months to qualify. It's going to take at least Six months to get to know the girl and marry her so I've got loads of time to do it.

Increasing my income is on my mind, stuff is happening and will hopefully come through soon. Earning more money in the UK is not an easy feat, competition with is heavy in virtually everything you do here. I can't afford to let time slip by either as I'm not getting any younger so I need to keep at it even if I'm not financially in the best position. If I find the right girl then as you say bill a lot of those issues shouldn't matter too much.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2532 on: April 20, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
Well anyway, I got to doing a lot of thinking this evening. I was thinking about what I had said on here to BB about the girl who got him to buy the premium cat food, wanted the holiday, etc almost seemingly being in a different group to pro daters.

I believe I was entirely correct in this but I was unsure of the parameters of such a group, their motives, etc. I believe I cracked it tonight after I suddenly fell in with it all. The Kherson girl I had met in Kiev as you know wanted me to buy her clothes all the time, BB's girl wanted him to buy her stuff that was outside usual dating parameters out there. Essentially they are 'girls who want stuff' (no surprises there ;) ) BUT who don't want to become pro daters. They may have many reasons for not wanting to become pro daters.

As JayH I think told us they can make far more money as pro daters, so why don't they? It's a no brainer, they would be able to then get all of what they want. In fact why aren't most of the population of Ukraine at it? You don't even have to be an attractive lady, as we know they will use guys to letter write if needs be. The girl is only a little bit handy if they get guys who visit since a website needs some guys to see girls or  word would spread.

I think that they don't pro date as the girls who do it have a bad reputation right? Otherwise they would be so many at it. I believe they are seen as prostitutes that is why 'girls who want stuff' don't go the more lucrative pro date route. The shame they would bring on themselves and hence their family would be too embarrassing for them. That is why the girl from Kherson did not wish me to visit her. If a girl is seen around with a foreign guy and around the same time she has a load of new clothes, etc she is going to be labelled a pro dater and hence a prostitute. Since if course girls that date straight don't get a load of stuff, they just get the dinner date or whatever paid for and the odd gift, not loads of stuff. That is why the girl from Kherson call the girls that go to AFA tours there prostitutes as she mixed them up with the pro date girls of AFA ppl  website - she assumed that because some of those girls turn up to the tour date then they are all prostitutes that go there. We know of course from the vids of the AFA tours that there are plenty of girls there that are nothing like prostitutes or pro daters.

My thoughts on BB's girl is that she is counting on Kiev being a large city, not sleeping with him on moral/religious grounds, not introducing him to family or friends and then just asking for certain stuff that would largely go unnoticed/off the radar so if anything did come up she could deny anything. There would be little in the way if goods or knowledge of her getting 'involved' with a foreign guy to give the look that she has gone pro date.

I pretty much think that is it with those girls. Some may eventually end up turning pro date, some may settle down with a western man or a local guy. Of course if the girl becomes known locally as a pro date girl hence prostitute her reputation and hence chances with any local guy can be ruined which is why such girls go to great lengths to conceal their goings on while they try for to 'get what they want of guys'.

For me this really does square it all away and fit perfectly. I can be a bit of a genius at time if I don't say so myself, don't y'all think ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #2533 on: April 20, 2019, 06:51:08 PM »
You spent all evening ...'thinking'

THAT was your mistake..

I am guessing I am not alone in reading this and slapping my forehead?

Some guys manage to find gals who care about how they feel about their potential partner...not what others think ......

THINK about that...!

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2534 on: April 20, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
Plus, for all that thinking, he came to the wrong conclusion.

No one in Ukraine thinks taking advantage of foreign men is in any way shameful or scandalous.  Some even think it clever.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2535 on: April 20, 2019, 07:20:32 PM »
Trench,

transcend or perish...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2536 on: April 20, 2019, 08:31:16 PM »
This is BB's thread, Trench has plenty of threads already.
FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

« Reply #2537 on: April 20, 2019, 08:32:30 PM »
no man is an island unto himself

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2538 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:24 AM »
Plus, for all that thinking, he came to the wrong conclusion.

No one in Ukraine thinks taking advantage of foreign men is in any way shameful or scandalous.  Some even think it clever.

Really, why aren't they all at it then in a big way full time? It's a lucrative business.

Donna Pedro's (who IS Russian) reaction when we spoke about girls who ask for stuff and return it with favours was 'urgh prostitution'.

Scamming a foreigner with a trick is one thing but a girl spreading her legs to get stuff I think won't be looked well upon, it can't be a good look for them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:23:57 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2539 on: April 21, 2019, 01:57:59 AM »
Everything fits, both the Kherson girl and the Nikolaev girl had hang ups about meeting in a hotel, why? Because meeting a foreigner in a hotel is instantly associated with the girl is having sex with him, it's what pro daters are associated with, meeting foreigners in hotels for sex - BUT only in pro date areas. Kherson & Nikolaev are part of the AFA tour route among others, Nikolaev is centre of the pro date industry.

Compare that to the girl I met in Lviv, she was oblivious to any problem of meeting in a hotel. Her response to my mention of it was, 'what for going up a flight of stairs, why would it? Lol' she thought it sounded silly. Reason being able s that Lviv has no pro date industry as bill confirmed, hence there is no equating there meeting foreigners in hotels with pro dating. It has a very specific locality around pro date regions.

Girls who are seen with foreigners in pro date regions who express a desire for a relationship is one thing, but girls who are seen with a load of stuff are no doubt thought of as pro date prostitutes, not a nice image for a girl.

In all capitalist societies there are hierarchies, a girl that goes out and does a professional job for a living will look down upon a girl who spreads her legs for a living, with locals or with foreigners. I'm pretty sure I'm right in this one, credit where it's due here I think :)

Online krimster2

« Reply #2540 on: April 21, 2019, 08:40:58 AM »
when I was a young fella, I used to travel to some pretty remote out of the way places
it’s a kind of courtesy to fellow travelers that you don’t “distort” the local economy by handing over too much money to the locals, because then prices and expectations are set to an inflated level

and this what a bunch of naive, unsophisticated and socially awkward western guys did in the FSU, and screwed things up for their fellow travelers by creating an inflated expectation in the locals

Odysseus is instructed by Tiresias to take an oar from his ship and to walk inland until he finds a "land that knows nothing of the sea"

it’s called the “Winnowing Oar”
winnowing, is the practice of blowing a current of air through the grain in order to remove the chaff

He who has ears to hear, let him hear...

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2541 on: April 21, 2019, 09:47:53 AM »
First you will have a different lifestyle, guarantee, but that does not mean that you will safe some money quite the opposite.

About her earning 50/75 k in the future, may i ask you what do let think such thing? I will be more cautious about this expectation. My ex wifey, i hoped her to work and bring 13k (basic wage) but life showed me that she didn't want to work.

I think that you could be a good dad, i think i wasn't the best one and not really wanted a dad finally BUT compare to many situations i met in my life i was offering a good family, and the natural father of my daughter and babooshka always gave me all their confidence.
The adventure is risky, yes. Especially if you are wealthy knowing the prevalent misandry in our western courts and the dysfonctional laws

Do you consider that you could stop to work and live abroad ? In this case you should reconsider all the parameters.

It was unsolicited request by her, early on she said she wanted to continue with a career. One of her degrees is in high demand. The job market in the USA is quite good. So good, Trench could land a 40k/yr job if he devoted his plotting Kiev trip thinking time to professional training time

Online krimster2

« Reply #2542 on: April 21, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
so many opportunities to make money these days!!!!  it's crazy!!!!
my oldest daughter makes around $400 per month ghostwriting term papers and selling her study notes
she's also is an artist like me and sells her artwork and jewelry online and makes about $1,000/month from that
all while going to high school full-time and college part-time (she's 17)
back when I was kid, I had a lawn mowing business that could net me $20 per week
but now Mexicans have taken that golden opportunity away from me, build the wall NOW I say!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:27:39 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2543 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »
so many opportunities to make money these days!!!!  it's crazy!!!!
my oldest daughter makes around $400 per month ghostwriting term papers and selling her study notes
she's also is an artist like me and sells her artwork and jewelry online and makes about $1,000/month from that
all while going to high school full-time and college part-time (she's 17)
back when I was kid, I had a lawn mowing business that could net me $20 per week
but now Mexicans have taken that golden opportunity away from me, build the wall NOW I say!!!

She obviously very talented Krim. If I were to paint it would take me ages and unlikely that I would get decent enough money to justify the time. If you're talking about online essay "examples" type of stuff I could do some history ones but chances are they would just get a 2:1 kind of mark and again be time consuming bother for me. So a lot of the time a lot of the stuff I could do wouldn't be worth the bother. I have an idea I may run with soon but it will just be a case of seeing whether it fly's or not.

Theoretically I could do Architecture Plans, planning and design but again payoff to reward can be not that great. For that it's getting the work in the first place then all the hassle if doing it for not great financial reward.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #2544 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
It was unsolicited request by her, early on she said she wanted to continue with a career. One of her degrees is in high demand. The job market in the USA is quite good. So good, Trench could land a 40k/yr job if he devoted his plotting Kiev trip thinking time to professional training time
That's very good for you and fortunate to live in USA for this purpose.
Spend time with her, a maximum time. Don't rush in the marriage proposal or you will be hooked in the process with only one option : continue or bail out.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2545 on: April 21, 2019, 11:41:06 AM »
lots of people just "flip" stuff
buy low sell high
I like the "value added" approach
where you take "A" add "B" and sell it as "C"
I have several online businesses and my wife started a cosmetics and beauty products company that I help her with
my children are the shipping department for one of my online businesses
an added benefit is geographic independence
how hard would it be for you to be a part-time "estate agent"?
I flipped property in Sevastopol for 3 years and could "make a living" doing this
but not a business I really like
here in the states I've bought some "rentals" but I don't like this business either...
I'm also a silent minority partner in my cousin's MRI clinic - now THAT's a business!!!!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2546 on: April 21, 2019, 11:58:21 AM »
It’s a real bummer because I was reallly staring to like her...

I did have a gal visit me from Kiev and of course my Angel Eyes came to visit
me in the USA twice. The girl from Kiev never asked me for anything and I
had already visited Angel Eyes 4 times before she came here.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2547 on: April 21, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »
lots of people just "flip" stuff
buy low sell high
I like the "value added" approach
where you take "A" add "B" and sell it as "C"
I have several online businesses and my wife started a cosmetics and beauty products company that I help her with
my children are the shipping department for one of my online businesses
an added benefit is geographic independence
how hard would it be for you to be a part-time "estate agent"?
I flipped property in Sevastopol for 3 years and could "make a living" doing this
but not a business I really like
here in the states I've bought some "rentals" but I don't like this business either...
I'm also a silent minority partner in my cousin's MRI clinic - now THAT's a business!!!!

Wow, your kids must be busy all the time Krim, don't they get tired of it all a bit at times?

Flipping properties I could do as I have some DIY skills and could do quick cosmetic makeovers. I would just have to be careful not to buy before a downturn. With my knowledge on building I could probably avoid a real turkey but that's always a danger to some extent, getting to know an area and good buys can also be handy as knowing a country's property trends. Property has gone down in Ukraine in recent years so I guess I would have avoided the cliff edge, it would have been my luck to invest just before it, lol.

Estate Agent, well as it happens I did two weeks work experience in an Estate Agency when I was at school, it was fun at the time but to be honest I would find it too much bother I think.

Flip stuff online I guess could be possible but unless Igor onto the right thing it could end up time consuming bother for me so idk.

Online internet business has its appeal, like you say it gives geographic independence which appeals to me. The idea I have in mind is an internet business so if it works out it could be good. I'll see how it goes.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2548 on: April 21, 2019, 12:32:23 PM »
"Wow, your kids must be busy all the time Krim, don't they get tired of it all a bit at times?"

no...
my oldest in particular is focused on being "successful" and works quite hard at it
she's interviewing in Moscow this August to work with a high profile charity in Russia
means I gotta go to.... sigh....

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2549 on: April 21, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Really, why aren't they all at it then in a big way full time? It's a lucrative business.

Your misogyny is on display again.

Donna Pedro's (who IS Russian) reaction when we spoke about girls who ask for stuff and return it with favours was 'urgh prostitution'.

Donna Pedro grew up at a different time.

In 1999, in a survey of Russian schoolchildren, "prostitute" was the #1 aspiration of girls.  Personally, I believe this is one (not the sole, but one) of the reasons why the former KGB was so adamant about seizing power in the country.

Scamming a foreigner with a trick is one thing but a girl spreading her legs to get stuff I think won't be looked well upon, it can't be a good look for them.
Not all pro daters "spread their legs" as you so eloquently (sarcasm) state.

I repeat - most Ukrainians don't care, and scamming foreigners in any manner whatsoever is not viewed negatively.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 02:01:32 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2278
Total: 2289

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM