It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Importing a woman and lots of baggage  (Read 16470 times)

Offline Omega82

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Importing a woman and lots of baggage
« on: July 08, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »
I was just curious if anyone here or anyone you may know has imported a woman with two or more children that are not yours? 

I was having a debate with a buddy of mine and was curious about this. 

And if anyone has done this, has the woman started working immediately to support the household or has the man paid for everything? 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »
in general in the USA, a woman in a situation like that would probably barely earn enough to pay for child care for 2 children while she worked
so it wouldn't even be financially worth it for her to work
European countries all have state sponsored child care, so a different story

it is overwhelmingly likely that the dewd will be the solitary form of support
and if you try to balance an equation with negatives on one side of the equation
you can only balance with negatives on the other side

so when you "do the math"
it means a 60 year old dewd can easily have a mid 20ish single mom for a spouse
providing he can support her and her children and give them an upper middle class or better life style

I've seen it myself many times
these relationships can work and be successful
also based on my own observations of examples I've seen

Offline Omega82

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »
I was referring to a woman with lets say a 15 year old child and lets say a 12 year old.  Both would be attending middle school. 

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
Hmmm

So the OP thinks two kids from a past relationship are 'baggage'?

Definition of 'baggage' as I see it ...

past experiences or long-held attitudes perceived as burdensome encumbrances.
"the emotional baggage I'm hauling around"

In my experience, I 'imported' (puke) a RW with one teenage son....  She went to college to improve her English, then worked as an unpaid  volunteer, before becoming a worker ..Not a swift transformation ...if her English is not good.

Tell your friend that he should not 'import' the woman and her kids ....if he is not prepared to support his new, ready made family, until such time the new wife can contribute..

Does the number of kids contribute to 'baggage' ?

Offline southernX

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 10:30:32 PM »
was just curious if anyone here or anyone you may know has imported a woman with two or more children that are not yours? 

yes , my wife brought her son with her when she moved to me in australia

what are your debate points or queries omega ?

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:22 PM »
has the woman started working immediately to support the household or has the man paid for everything?

Any man who wants to marry a foreign woman shouldn't expect her to work immediately even if she speaks the native language fluently. Some women may go into culture shock and may need more time to adjust to her new home. You and she may not know how she'll adapt until she's living in your country. Go into this expecting a woman not to work. If she goes to work, then consider it a bonus.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Omega82

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:34 PM »
yes , my wife brought her son with her when she moved to me in australia

what are your debate points or queries omega ?

SX

the question was TWO or more children.  one is rather common. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 01:43:42 AM »
 That may have been your question...we are probably all scratching our heads as to the extra child being some sort of ...what....'dealbreaker'?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:53:47 AM »
I was just curious if anyone here or anyone you may know has imported a woman with two or more children that are not yours? 

I was having a debate with a buddy of mine and was curious about this. 

And if anyone has done this, has the woman started working immediately to support the household or has the man paid for everything?
It's unlikely that a woman, even if she has a great level in language, will work the first year.
If she don't know the language you can consider that two or three years are a minimum.
You will find also a lot of women who don't want to work considering that you own the money and so they don't need to work.
Unfortunately they setup the treshold while they know shit about economical life in their new country (that's a big problem), and that's part of the slavic culture. You will have to face that.
As Krim said the best is to provide for the whole family. It means between 5 and 10 grands, 10 better, or more, but this sum depends of many parameters.You will have to educate her to avoid the bankrupcy, and not let her control the accounts, because they have no skill in planification at all, they live on a daily basis, wich is largely not compatible with our western economy when it's time to pay taxes, big bills and so on.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 01:57:56 AM »
As always you have to screen women during dating time with your own criterias.
The dating time is generally badly performed by men as a lot got the candy store syndrom and chase an ass or a pair of breasts.
So if her children is quite old, be ready to pay big bills for the college is necessary.
If you have three to manage, it's time to know if your real estate can welcome such challenge and so on.
It's easier to screen womens according to your criterias before the dating rather than after
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 05:04:33 AM »
As always you have to screen women during dating time with your own criterias.
The dating time is generally badly performed by men as a lot got the candy store syndrom and chase an ass or a pair of breasts.
So if her children is quite old, be ready to pay big bills for the college is necessary.
If you have three to manage, it's time to know if your real estate can welcome such challenge and so on.
It's easier to screen womens according to your criterias before the dating rather than after

Very good advice Pat.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline nano

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 05:18:38 AM »
agree fully with Patagonie
To import someone is not the same as find local woman. While communicate I met a lot of man who ask when I would work and when I told them I am not considering work they disapointed. I asked my friend from Germany, as she is native citizen, does it common for women to work after move to her husband she say no even do not listern such men who try to speak about your work. This men not resonable atall and they cant support family in their country.  She say at least two years even if you would very wish to work you would stay out from work so you husband should have ability to pay all your expences.
Women with children more easy going and ready for sex and this attractive for men but if you decide to merriage your should pay all expences for all people. Its not cheap pleasure to bring a women.
I think men much spoiled by WW as her ability to work and gain carrier goals and sufficient income supported the social and economy system she raise in and usially supported with her parents so for family budject and for man it become quite easy to lead. As a lot of duties to be performed by a man shifted onto the shoulders of women, parents and the ability of the social system in which she grew up and developed. As a result it lead to luck of connection in family and so on. But man is glad forawhile. :D
And they try to ask the same from FSU women and I do not know what about such men think - maybe how to have good sex every day and do nothing for it. :(
Becouse WW become too demanded but FSU not -  :D but it is impossible, becouse every women require care, attention and so on and so on :) :popcorn:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:23:23 AM by nano »
Just want to see the other side :)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 06:24:28 AM »
agree fully with Patagonie
To import someone is not the same as find local woman. While communicate I met a lot of man who ask when I would work and when I told them I am not considering work they disapointed. I asked my friend from Germany, as she is native citizen, does it common for women to work after move to her husband she say no even do not listern such men who try to speak about your work. This men not resonable atall and they cant support family in their country.  She say at least two years even if you would very wish to work you would stay out from work so you husband should have ability to pay all your expences.
Women with children more easy going and ready for sex and this attractive for men but if you decide to merriage your should pay all expences for all people. Its not cheap pleasure to bring a women.
I think men much spoiled by WW as her ability to work and gain carrier goals and sufficient income supported the social and economy system she raise in and usially supported with her parents so for family budject and for man it become quite easy to lead. As a lot of duties to be performed by a man shifted onto the shoulders of women, parents and the ability of the social system in which she grew up and developed. As a result it lead to luck of connection in family and so on. But man is glad forawhile. :D
And they try to ask the same from FSU women and I do not know what about such men think - maybe how to have good sex every day and do nothing for it. :(
Becouse WW become too demanded but FSU not -  :D but it is impossible, becouse every women require care, attention and so on and so on :) :popcorn:
I just want to open eyes of eastern european women. You couldn't raise, as you have left your countries to the west, your children with the same mindset you could have for your own life.
I mean that you have to make it half way at least.Your children will have to live in US or Europe and get plenty of autonomy in an open job market, where the opportunities are among the best probablu. Those children shall be educated accordingly to their new countries to adapt and maximize their chances. Whoever it's a son or a daughter.
You shouldn't confuse that you need a man to support you very likely the first years, but you have to get more independance and to step in the new world that welcome you.
A part of this is known to be called integration, each time a FSU woman is keeping her feet in her new country 100% FSU thinking, habits, behavior she is missing her integration, wich is often leading to a divorce in less than a decade.
It doesn't mean that she has to get off her old clothes, NO NO NO, but as i said you need to find a middle way.

Just an example of why a FSU woman should work in the future. Nobody has said that her spouse will not die. As a matter of fact, few, very few men would drop you a fortune to guarantee money during the next 30 or 40 or 50 years (he needs to be very rich, and this fortune will be swallowed by taxes, previous children and so on). So a responsable man should slighty push her spouse to have a minimum independance.

Offline Gator

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 06:35:12 AM »

Yes, twice. 

Happily paid for everything. IMPORTANT:  A man should not attempt this endeavor if he can not provide a comfortable life for
his new family.

RW want to work.  Yet for the first few years, they will find it it difficult to find a high-paying job. 

Exceptions exist.  Here's a good story.  Over 8 years ago I became the step-father of a beautiful young RW still in college.  Three years later, my now 30-yo step-daughter married a young American man.  They started a business and jointly managed its growth, he being the entrepreneur and she being Mr. Inside.  The business is successful by all financial measures.    They purchased a large new home with pool, etc.  And each drive a Porsche costing well over $100,000.   The business was his baby, yet I assert they would not have been as successful without her management skills (money, employees, etc.).  Part of their success is his willingness to entrust financial matters to her. 

Given time, say five years, I have seen other cases where it seems the RW carries more than her weight.  Yet, they went through a period of re-education and language proficiency to obtain the necessary license for working (nurse, attorney, real estate agent).   

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
"Importing".... Like they're some sort of product?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »
the question was TWO or more children.  one is rather common.

I don't have any statistics but anecdotally everyone that I can think
of had one child or zero (from the woman's side of the equation).
I can't think of any who had more.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline nano

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Just an example of why a FSU woman should work in the future. Nobody has said that her spouse will not die. As a matter of fact, few, very few men would drop you a fortune to guarantee money during the next 30 or 40 or 50 years (he needs to be very rich, and this fortune will be swallowed by taxes, previous children and so on). So a responsable man should slighty push her spouse to have a minimum independance.
I agree with independance its very good but I hurdly imaging woman who make her first step to foreign country, with have to care for two children at morning, then give them to kindergaden (payed by her, as I presumed), go find faster job and go to work every day, after working cooking for children (and for husband bring the food from store), cleaning house and at night have to satisfy with hot sex hot man who earn money not so much to stay the woman out of work... It can be becouse the FSU women all are hero and have to do this years and years and its very hurd to find a man for women with two kids... but definatedly this is not the circumstance that search FSU women from WM and man atall. And moreover if he going to kopita otbrosit (hooves will drop) its mean die suddenly... Responsable man should think about it and negotiate this question with his spouse, attorney and insurance company. :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:20:38 PM by nano »
Just want to see the other side :)

Online krimster2

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 03:41:30 PM »
mark twain skazhee:

Я не хотел бы быть членом какого-либо клуба, который принял бы меня в качестве члена

he wouldn’t want to be a member of any club that would EVER accept him as a member,
this is a similar dilemma that Russian women 45+ will have with Western Men...

women date up in age
guys date down in age
for any given demographic there is generally less availability the higher the age...

and the smaller the supply of something...
the greater its value...

as a result of demographics
most men in the 45-55 age range will be looking at women in one of several categories:

single moms in their 20s who are still young and beautiful, some even a trophy wife
childless women 35-40 who don’t want children
women late 20s early 30s who want children

according to current exchange rates in the “market"
a Russina in her late 40s would be interchangeable to a low income American guy in his 60s...

so if you hook up with a low income 60+ yr old American dewd, you bet your sweet jhoppa you will be working a minimum wage job to "buy your own damned snacks"!!!!

next question?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:08:11 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:37 AM »
I agree with independance its very good but I hurdly imaging woman who make her first step to foreign country, with have to care for two children at morning, then give them to kindergaden (payed by her, as I presumed), go find faster job and go to work every day, after working cooking for children (and for husband bring the food from store), cleaning house and at night have to satisfy with hot sex hot man who earn money not so much to stay the woman out of work... It can be becouse the FSU women all are hero and have to do this years and years and its very hurd to find a man for women with two kids... but definatedly this is not the circumstance that search FSU women from WM and man atall. And moreover if he going to kopita otbrosit (hooves will drop) its mean die suddenly... Responsable man should think about it and negotiate this question with his spouse, attorney and insurance company. :)
Nano, if you have such fear about western men, i think that better to avoid such big adventure.
If an FSU woman, married, is living in the west the kindergaden will be paid by your husband, even if that's your children coming from a previous marriage. Depending of the country kindergarden could be paid partially or totally by gouvernemental help.
And NO; men are not responsable for all and NO they don't have the burden to provide, schedule for everything for the next 50 years. That's not gonna to work. A man can take some insurance and part of his inheritage to help the widow, but she will have to help herself in many case. There is no such dream when women are widowed and they systematically become well off, except if you are married to Bill Gates.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 01:42:02 AM »
mark twain skazhee:

Я не хотел бы быть членом какого-либо клуба, который принял бы меня в качестве члена

he wouldn’t want to be a member of any club that would EVER accept him as a member,
this is a similar dilemma that Russian women 45+ will have with Western Men...

women date up in age
guys date down in age
for any given demographic there is generally less availability the higher the age...

and the smaller the supply of something...
the greater its value...

as a result of demographics
most men in the 45-55 age range will be looking at women in one of several categories:

single moms in their 20s who are still young and beautiful, some even a trophy wife
childless women 35-40 who don’t want children
women late 20s early 30s who want children
a Russina in her late 40s would be interchangeable to a low income American guy in his 60s...

so if you hook up with a low income 60+ yr old American dewd, you bet your sweet jhoppa you will be working a minimum wage job to "buy your own damned snacks"!!!!

next question?
That's barely how the market works in Ukraine, i do agree.
 My ex MIL who had good knowledge in italian, nice woman of late 50 is still alone in Ukraine.
An other one i know mid fourties, couldn't have baby and her beauty has vanished now, but she is likely well off. She is searching and her chances are quite low IMHOA mid fourties but a 8 minimum with a child is marrying to a canadian. She didn't miss her chance and she worked on him hard to get married. Her chance : she is a 8 minimum.
I have a ukrainian female friend who marry easily to a french guy with a son of 15 when she was close of 35. But she is still a 8.5 (i met her and her husband one week ago).A women of 50 i know married to a french guy of her age (quite ugly, with serious medical problem, but good paycheck). She is a 6 and finally she bring her daughter later and after a cousin. To make it short he didn't have many choices and she didn't have many choices so they matched each other.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 06:31:28 AM »
Nano, if you have such fear about western men, i think that better to avoid such big adventure.
If an FSU woman, married, is living in the west the kindergaden will be paid by your husband, even if that's your children coming from a previous marriage. Depending of the country kindergarden could be paid partially or totally by gouvernemental help.
And NO; men are not responsable for all and NO they don't have the burden to provide, schedule for everything for the next 50 years. That's not gonna to work. A man can take some insurance and part of his inheritage to help the widow, but she will have to help herself in many case. There is no such dream when women are widowed and they systematically become well off, except if you are married to Bill Gates.

Pat,

I think Nano was addressing the OP, who asked if a FSU woman with "the baggage" of 2 children would go to work immediately to support the household.

Offline Gator

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »

....you bet your sweet jhoppa you will be working a minimum wage job to "buy your own damned snacks"!!!!

Exactly our ages when married.   

I will not rub your nose in the multitude of ways your blanket theory is wrong.   

Online krimster2

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
you fit the blanket theory demographically...
however, all theories are really over simplifications
even my blanket theory
I am sure YOU pay for your wife's snacks!!!
because YOU are a gentleman
but NOT everyone else is....

a woman at age 50, is twenty years past her peak
however, a man at age 50 is only10 years past his peak and NOT 20
he has greater value in the market
hence he can marry younger or more attractive women than himself
multiply that if he is wealthy

don't get mad at me
i'm just reporting the facts
it's terribly unfair and sexist, and sad of course
we should be judging women by the maturity of their character
instead of the plumpness of their breasts
but, alas...

a guy who is 60 yr old with a good solid income/savings, AND who has his "act together"
can EASILY meet a woman in her mid 20s and go have kids with her
I know this for a fact
and not because I watched Russia House with Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer either...

more pics for you BO!
you still think she doesn't look Ukrainian?
seriously?
what doesn't look Ukrainian about her?

I'm an American born Odessa ban-dit BO!
and this here's my gun totin Russian moll!

s'matree!
listen up everyone,
I'm gonna pass the bag
and I want ya'll to drop your wallets and jewelry inside
do it quickly and I won't have to ask my ruthless Russian associate here
to demonstrate the effect of buckshot on your ass

and as is typical of a Ukrainian wife...
my wife likes to swim nude in the outdoor pool...
and frankly, I don’t see anything wrong with that
despite what y’all say...
she even does it in the winter!!
but it's not really that cold here

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:43:47 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 11:57:46 AM »

a woman at age 50, is twenty years past her peak
a man at age 50 is 10 years past his peak

Maybe you should first try this theory out on your wife before trying to convince others. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26:26 PM »
my wife spends half of her time and money on her appearance
the right plastic surgeon takes 20 years off a woman's appearance with a face lift, believe it! I've seen it myself...
and not just Nicole Kidman or Michelle Pfeiffer
but not many Russian women can spend $20,000 or more on these procedures
or have access to Houston's top plastic surgeons and can spend $1,000 per month on cosmetics treatments
my wife started her own beauty salon and cosmetics company pretty much for her own personal use!!!
so apples and oranges here....

this pic is a recent photo of my wife about 8 months after her facelift and other procedures done on her face
she's in her late 40s...
my wife has a skin care line named after her...
not your average Russian bear...
especially at six foot one!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:59:48 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM