It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 242185 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #950 on: November 13, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »
Are you tired of Obamacare, the burning of the Constitution, reckless spending, endless debt, and ceaseless partisan bickering?

I know you are... and you are not alone!

http://www.runbenrun.org/adpetition?recruiter_id=765959

Let's see:

Obamacare.

Hospital CEO Contends With Medicaid Conundrum
Former Lawmaker Needs to Prod Legislature Into Expanding Federal-State Health Plan or Face Losses
http://online.wsj.com/articles/hospital-ceo-contends-with-medicaid-conundrum-1415722338

Mr. Shields, a genial 55-year-old, spent 20 years as a Republican lawmaker, ending up as the leader of the Missouri Senate before term limits forced him to step down. In 2010, he became chief operating officer of one of Truman’s hospitals, and in July he succeeded longtime Truman CEO John W. Bluford III.

Now Mr. Shields, whose office décor includes a collection of elephant statues, must press the legislature’s current Republican leaders to accept the Affordable Care Act’s expansion of Medicaid, the federal-state insurance for low-income people. Expanded Medicaid would be a financial lifeline for Truman, which is losing money as it cares for a large population of uninsured patients.

Mr. Shields said he tells lawmakers he understands their situation: “I’ve been in your shoes. I’ve made these tough decisions.” Indeed, he voted for a major retrenchment of Missouri’s Medicaid program in 2005, when about 100,000 people were cut from the rolls. He said the move was difficult but necessary amid a budget crunch, and that he always aimed for it to be reversed when there was funding to do so.

Tough when reality sets in. I bet you don't hear about this from your "experts" on radio talk shows. They are too busy feeding you demagoguery because you can't have enough, eh?

Burning of the Constitution?
Shirley, you can't be serious. Try again.

Wreckless spending? Endless debt?
Shirley, have you forgotten where the endless debt came from? Ah, yes. You erased it from your memory banks because it goes against your inane rant: "It's the Nigr's fault." Of course, you must be the re-incarnation of Hoover asking for tax cuts for the wealthy and do nothing else. You know Hoover, don't you? Look him up. If that is NOT TOO MUCH to ask.

Ceaseless partisan bickering?
I'll give you this one. The Republicans showed their "colors" by making statements like the one from the future Senate leader. Unfortunately, the idiot of our President did not deal with this nonsense from the beginning and instead tried the "Great Compromise." LMAO The man is mad. Compromise with a bunch of ultra-right radicals? Sure, Shirley.

So your answer is to show a petition for a Token guy from the sidelines. Boy, you sure are smart.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline pokerintherear

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #951 on: November 13, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »

Yep, because he has a killer tan. And I'd like to see the definition of "tuned in" and "aware" because I'm scratching my head at those.

Yes the smart informed voters are very "in tune" to deception and propaganda. Many Americans knew the false narratives about how good Obamacare was. It was all a farce. Now we have proof of what the "aware voter" knew from day one. This from the man who helped design the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G790p0LcgbI

Offline pokerintherear

• Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #952 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37:01 AM »

Let's see:

Obamacare.

Lets see:   According to the architect of the law you are the stupid American voter? I did not say this, so if you have a beef with the terminology contact Mr Gruber

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #953 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »

Two words for you: Bill Clinton.  ;)

Mostly a very good President who worked with the Congress, but sadly he lied about having sex with an intern and then tried to cover it up.  He was impeached for obstruction of justice. 

Now you're just piling on.  You already look like a fool and you're making it worse.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #954 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Lets see:   According to the architect of the law you are the stupid American voter? I did not say this, so if you have a beef with the terminology contact Mr Gruber

He's still in denial.  He can't accept the fact that the American people have spoken and he lost, so he keeps bringing up the same worn out mantra.  He's like a wind-up doll.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:31:49 PM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
So your answer is to show a petition for a Token guy from the sidelines.

You are the one who voted for a token guy without any qualifications, and now you are unable to accept defeat graciously.

Since you clearly only voted for Obama because he's black, I am giving you the opportunity to vote for a black man with some real qualifications.  Will you do it?  No of course not.  You're an extreme left-wing hack who cannot accept the fact that your guy continues to disrespect the Congress who are the elected officials of the American people.  It all goes back to the balance of powers, but you can't accept it because your guy lost and you're bitter.

Please sign the petition so that you can vote for somebody who is actually qualifed!

http://www.runbenrun.org/adpetition?recruiter_id=763912

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #956 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
Yes the smart informed voters are very "in tune" to deception and propaganda. Many Americans knew the false narratives about how good Obamacare was. It was all a farce. Now we have proof of what the "aware voter" knew from day one. This from the man who helped design the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G790p0LcgbI

DAmn!

It doesn't cease to amaze me the short-term political memory of the Americans.

Who farging started the goddamn bill and who changed it to what it is today?

Let's hear you make yourself an ignorant voter.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #957 on: November 13, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
 :deadhorse:

What do you expect? 

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #958 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »
He's still in denial.  He can't accept the fact that the American people have spoken and he lost...

You are the one who voted for a token guy without any qualifications, and now you are unable to accept defeat graciously.

I'm sorry, but now I'm REALLY confused!  I thought Obama WON the election - isn't that why he's your President?  Your mid-term Congressional and Senate elections surely don't change that fact.

Offline southernX

My view of the war
« Reply #959 on: November 13, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
Russians trying to intimidate the Aussies. 

Third Australian warship sent to halt Russian flotilla bound for G20 in Brisbane

..."A THIRD Australian warship has been dispatched to intercept a Russian flotilla steaming towards the G20 summit in Brisbane and a fourth navy vessel is ready to divert to the area."...

http://www.news.com.au/national/third-australian-warship-sent-to-halt-russian-flotilla-bound-for-g20-in-brisbane/story-fncynjr2-1227122396768

Nyet to Russia’s old warships

..."The supposed fearsome flotilla of Russian warships despatched to waters off Australia as a “show of strength’’ by President Vladimir Putin are old and unreliable Cold War era vessels ­accompanied by a tugboat in case of breakdown.

Both the missile cruiser Varyag and the destroyer Marshal Shaposhnikov were built before 1986 with the end of the Cold War bringing on defence cuts that saw almost two decades of decline in the Russian surface fleet"...

http://www.afr.com/p/national/nyet_to_russia_old_warships_WF8J0upKq3T9BnvCgichCO

Brass

:popcorn:

yes most aussies think its  a joke really,

the mighty russian warships cant go far without a rescue tug ??  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if it was too intimidate us ,then its a weak show , if it is to show pure russian hard strength , then its going to backfire as well , with such old relics that need a rescue tug ambulance with them lol

aussies can see through his govs lies , and strutting , , our navy will be looking for the sub thats probably with them

putin has gotten so full of his own propoganda he is actually believing it

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #960 on: November 13, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »

I'm sorry, but now I'm REALLY confused!  I thought Obama WON the election - isn't that why he's your President?  Your mid-term Congressional and Senate elections surely don't change that fact.

The President is responsible for his party losing the mid-term elections.  The overwhelming defeat that his party suffered is a reflection on him and his policies.  He is now a lame duck President.  Yes, the mid-term election changed everything.  He has very little power except to try to cirmumvent the Congress, which is a violation of our Constitution.  Of course with him that's par for the course.

Now if he was Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan he would show some humility and finally be a public servant and make some compromises with the Congress -- but he's not. 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #961 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:52 PM »

It doesn't cease to amaze me the short-term political memory of the Americans.

You mean like this?  (when the ship is sinking the rats all bail)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/13/pelosi-cited-obamacare-architect-in-push-for-law-now-claims-hasnt-heard-him/

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #962 on: November 13, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »
John Key would make a better American President then the Great Pretender

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #963 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »
You mean like this?  (when the ship is sinking the rats all bail)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/13/pelosi-cited-obamacare-architect-in-push-for-law-now-claims-hasnt-heard-him/

So that's it?

You cannot answer the question and instead post some inflammatory reporting from the yellow press.

Wow, how intellectual of you.

Damn, I give up.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #964 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »

So that's it?

You cannot answer the question and instead post some inflammatory reporting from the yellow press.

Wow, how intellectual of you.

Damn, I give up.

Damn...you mean all those media reports you read are not 100% true? Say it ain't so, Joe!!!

I remember a guy telling me once,
- they write what they want you to read
- they say what they want you to hear

IF YOU WEREN"T THERE TO WATCH IT......here is a few grains of salt....
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #965 on: November 15, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »
The President is responsible for his party losing the mid-term elections.  The overwhelming defeat that his party suffered is a reflection on him and his policies.  He is now a lame duck President.  Yes, the mid-term election changed everything.  He has very little power except to try to cirmumvent the Congress, which is a violation of our Constitution.  Of course with him that's par for the course.

Now if he was Bill Clinton or Ronald Reagan he would show some humility and finally be a public servant and make some compromises with the Congress -- but he's not.

Impeach or not impeach, that is the question.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #966 on: November 17, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »
I found Dr. Snyder's perspective in this article interesting.  I had not thought of Russia's position from the perspective he outlines.

http://m.en.delfi.lt/article.php?id=66368672
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AC

• Banned Member
My view of the war
« Reply #967 on: November 17, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
Also from Timothy Snyder, a portion of a speech he gave after receiving a Diplomacy Star award from Lithuania:

excerpt
"Timothy Snyder pointed out the difference between people in Russia and Ukraine talking about the conflict. In Russia 70-year-old myths about Ukraine are still rampant generally laced with fallacies and propaganda, ignoring the new reality. Professor Snyder suggested that “Russian speaking people in Ukraine demanding a civil society based on rule-of-law may lead to similar demands in Russia, represents a real fear for Russian authorities”. However, the reality goes much deeper, according to Timothy Snyder in that Russian government funds propaganda through a variety of tools and this represents a challenge, particularly for Europeans, Americans, and Russians. He described the gigantic scale that the propaganda war has taken on inside Russia. TV channels pretending to offer competing versions of the truth supply in reality a constant diet of the altered truth. He cited the example of a panel of ‘experts’ that commented on the downing of MH17 with none of the versions being true, whilst ranging from the ridiculous to the heinous. Taking part in such exercise, says Professor Snyder, is taking part in attacking the truth. It also leads people to question as to which channel or source offers the truth.

In closing, Professor Snyder wondered how far a society could allow fallacies to go whilst individuals can remain ‘themselves’, citing a number of examples of contradictions and fallacies such as ‘There is no Ukrainian State, while saying at the same time that the Ukrainian State is oppressive.’ “If we cannot address contradictions, doublethink and fallacies,” says Professor Snyder, “society will quickly lose decency and the rule-of-law, the very same basic elements that brought on the Maidan.”

http://m.en.delfi.lt/lithuania/article.php?id=66236176

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #968 on: November 17, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
Those are good reading articles guys! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #969 on: November 18, 2014, 08:12:51 AM »
Just love the last sentence from the article posted by Boe.

Because if you did set up a television station, for example, which was like RT but in reverse, then you are selling your soul in some way.

Offline Misha

My view of the war
« Reply #970 on: November 19, 2014, 04:09:24 AM »
I found Dr. Snyder's perspective in this article interesting.  I had not thought of Russia's position from the perspective he outlines.

http://m.en.delfi.lt/article.php?id=66368672

A good piece. This is the critical part IMVHO:

"The fourth reason why Russian propaganda tends to work is the way western journalism works. Western journalists generally think there are two sides to every story. If the Ukrainians are very bad in getting their side across, which they generally are, unfortunately, and the Russians are extremely good at their version, then the Russian version wins even if it’s much further away from reality. And so western journalists sometimes don’t realize how much they are being used."

Thus, in the West, Russia plays on the "need" for having two "sides" to any story, while in Russia, there is always only one side ever show, that friendly to the Kremlin perspective. It is win-win for Russia. At minimum, it feeds into the West's conspiracy theorists or those who prefer not to take any action, while ensuring the loyalty of its population.

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #971 on: November 20, 2014, 02:55:58 AM »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:24:07 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

My view of the war
« Reply #972 on: November 20, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:24:24 AM by Doll »

Offline Gator

My view of the war
« Reply #973 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
Doll,

This man speaks Bullshit and it is not very good Bullshit.  Just because Putin and his spokesman say something, does not make it Pravda. 

You grew up in Russia.  Did the government always tell you the truth?  Russians are suspicious people, yet you suspect nothing fishy in the government reports.

Why do I say Bullshit?  "no official Russian troops on Ukrainian soil," "coup d'état orchestrated by Western nations, " and "immediately endorsed."

The only truth  he expressed is Russia's fear of NATO along its entire border.  The reason these countries joined NATO is Russia's fault, and it happened over a long period of time in three stages.  First, the bordering countries and other Warsaw Pact countries had a bad taste from how the Soviets treated them for 45 years.  Second, after the collapse of the Soviet grip, the economies of these countries improved only after weaning themselves from Russia and drawing closer to the West.  Third, upon  developing a viable economy aligned with the West, joining NATO was natural, particularly with Russia was behaving like an angry bear.    So NATO never would have happened if the Soviets had been better "masters," if Russia had helped these bordering countries develop their economies in the years after the collapse of the Soviet grip, and if Russia had been more about peace.

Doll, Russia did this to themselves, and now you reap  what you have sown.   

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #974 on: November 20, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »
Bravo

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats