It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

What is your annual income?

<$40K
13 (12.3%)
$40K to $60K
24 (22.6%)
$60K to $80K
17 (16%)
$80K to $100K
16 (15.1%)
>$100K
36 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: What is the average income of RW seekers on this board?  (Read 14972 times)

Online supranatural

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
What is the average income of RW seekers on this board?
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »
I've ready jb's post about emotional and financial costs of pursuing RW/UW.  I've heard a variety of posts on whether someone is undercapitalized for this venture.  I've been through this before and I have a very realistic idea of the costs ($$$ for new clothes, car, dental work, furniture, trips back to Russia, trips for her parents to come visit, etc) compared to what I make.  I rather suspect however that the average RW/UW seeker is not on a board like this and is probably woefully undercapitalized while the average RWD poster is, IMHO, probably better financed and more intelligent than the average RW/UW seeker.  I don't want anyone to post what they make although if someone wants to I'm not going to stop them - I was just wondering about averages here.

I also realize this may be a sensitive subject but I think it is quite relevant as the costs of supporting a RW/UW until they get on their feet here is substantial and not a trivial consideration.

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: What is the average income of RW seekers on this board?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:23:14 AM »
There is a couple of things to consider here.  One is present cash flow and the other is reserve capital.  I think one needs a deal of both before getting into this and if one (Based in USA or Aus) can't sideline somewhere around 20K a year for the first few years to devote to travel/meeting/visas/weddings/etc etc.  It is going to be a very tough row to hoe. 

I am not saying it won't take more or that it can't be done for less and of course it fluctuates greatly at different stages.  I see for example some very high expense periods shortly after my fiance' arrives here.

FWIW

I/O

Offline wxman

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 09:10:07 AM »
Definately many other financial matters that are involved than just income. If one is single and making $50,000 a year with no children, no house or car payments, they are probably more finacially stable to take on this endeavor than someone making $100,000 with 2 kids, and a big house payment. Many times it comes down to cash flow, or lack thereof.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Bruno

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:20 AM »
Vote : <$40K

Maybe you can make a lower categorie... "<$20k"... i am at 19602 euro only... make 26213$... and i am in the middle class here...

Let see... before i change of home, i can spare around 50% of my income month... now, it is reduce to around 30%...

Heal insurance is around 75$ year... and a coverage at 100% from the work for hospital... home insurance around 250$ year... pay when i am in holiday, when i am ill... pay if i loose job... no debt... and some other work advantage...

Trip to FSU around 350 euro ( go and back ), appartment for one month between 200 and 300 euro... money used for the stay around 350 euro... let say 1000 euro total... just my holiday money or my 13th month...

Income and expense are very different between US and Europe... and i am sure that the same difference will exist between US state, between city and village, etc...

Simply say that if you are not able to spare some money now or that you have a lot of debt... better wait a little...

I also realize this may be a sensitive subject

Why ?

Offline Phil dAmore

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:35:03 AM »
Because in many western societies, particularly American it is considered rude to inquire as to a persons income.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. . as you grow older, it will avoid you.-- Winston Churchill

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
Bruno

Heal insurance is around 75$ year... and a coverage at 100% from the work for hospital... home insurance around 250$ year... pay when i am in holiday, when i am ill... pay if i loose job... no debt... and some other work advantage...

Just as an FYI. My health insurance costs me about $150 per month from work, and that is just my portion. The company picks up the big part. If I had to pay for that on my own it would be about $1400 PER MONTH for a family. And the coverage is not 100% all the time either.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Voyageur

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »
Because in many western societies, particularly American it is considered rude to inquire as to a persons income.

I am not questioning Phil's statement, I just find it interesting that posters write everything about their most personal relationship details, their dreams, their mistakes  ::) and even real-time messages with their past, present and future significant others.  But to ask about someone's financial status is really pushing the envelope  :).

BTW, would have guessed more categories to choose from over the $ 100 K level.  $ 100 K is much different than $ 500 K which is much different than $ 1.0 MM.

Offline viking

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
And the CEO of Occidental Petrol was in the papers today. He made OVER $1 MILLION A DAY. Think he can afford a younger RW?

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
Yes, but not a Russian mistress :usdeyes:

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »
Except for Bruno I would say I'm at the lower end of the wage spectrum at only $48,000.00 a year (plus what ever overtime I have to do). But I don't have a car or a house payment, just the monthly incidentals which come to about $350.00 or so. 

I've got money in the bank and I can afford to do most of the things I want, now if I happen to find a wife all that goes out the window :sad:.  But the good thing about my line of work I can always work extra hours if I need money  :usdeyes:
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline wxman

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »
acrzybear,

Look on the bright side, when you find a mate, you get an extra tax write off.  ;D  If you have a few kids, even more write offs, and you get most of your taxes back. So in essence you become richer.  I love voodoo economics.  :ROFL:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Bruno

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 03:50:40 PM »
Except for Bruno I would say I'm at the lower end of the wage spectrum

Not sure... our friend Richard, from Canada and living in Russia, have a Russian income...

I see that  a lot of people have more that 100k... here in Belgium, a minister make only 179k year... a senator 69k... and all this before tax... when i was in Navy, in "war" place ( Golf, Somalia and Yougoslavia ), i have earn a little more that 60k year... 14% for social security is removed, 52.5% state tax, 6% city tax...

Here in Belgium, people speak income with tax removed... what we call the "netto"... Do American speak about "brutto" income ( before tax ) or "netto"

EDIT : In Belgium, the brutto medium income is 2280 euro... 1487 netto... so, i am 9% up the medium income in Belgium
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 04:07:08 PM by Bruno »

Offline viking

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »
Bruno, we speak 'brutto'. Everything is before taxes because taxes differ widely from state to state, number of people in the family and many different types of financial things we can do to reduce taxes.

Offline El Rock

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »

Directly  , perhaps .
Indirectly  , no problem

Offline wxman

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
Not sure... our friend Richard, from Canada and living in Russia, have a Russian income...

I see that  a lot of people have more that 100k... here in Belgium, a minister make only 179k year... a senator 69k... and all this before tax... when i was in Navy, in "war" place ( Golf, Somalia and Yougoslavia ), i have earn a little more that 60k year... 14% for social security is removed, 52.5% state tax, 6% city tax...

Here in Belgium, people speak income with tax removed... what we call the "netto"... Do American speak about "brutto" income ( before tax ) or "netto"

EDIT : In Belgium, the brutto medium income is 2280 euro... 1487 netto... so, i am 9% up the medium income in Belgium

Here we call it gross income (before taxes), net income (after taxes). Do they have seperate income tax rates for single people vs married people in Belgium as here in US?

Offline Bruno

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 11:49:03 PM »
Do they have seperate income tax rates for single people vs married people in Belgium as here in US?

When you are alone, you pay tax for single... when you are married, you can choose to pay for single or together... if both work and earn good income, it is better choose the single modus... lower tax for each... if only one partner work and the other stay home, better fill it together for lower tax... if one child, better together... if two child, better single mode with each partner having the  "charge" of one child... etc...

Situation is enough complex but i don't need to worry... tax are removed monthly from the income by the work... so, what i receive is already with tax removed... usually, with the year tax return, i can receive or pay just a few euro of tax...

Almost forget... tax rate is related to how much you earn... very low income is almost no taxe... very high income is over 50%...

Online supranatural

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 05:47:14 AM »
I didn't break down more categories over $100K mainly because:

1) >$100K is approximately the top 5% or so of wage earners in the US, a fairly small group, didn't seem to make much sense to me to break it down further but I can do so if more people think so.
2) I agree big difference between $500K and $100K, but...guys I know who make, say, over $250K typically don't bother going to Russia, one guy I know who is in that category used to go to Russia but has decided not to as he doesn't have the time to do so, but because of his economic and social standing has absolutely no problem getting tons of dates here in the US...he only went to Russia because of his feeling that the women there are more feminine than here.  I'll probably make another thread about it, but the guys I know who make $500K usually have women throwing themselves at them and don't ever consider Russia at all.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »
Believe me when I tell you you don't wanna know what I make! I think it would be fair to say welfare in the US or Canada pays more!
Instead of going from rags to riches I went from riches to rags!! Never was one to follow the beaten path ;D
Hopefully that situation will change in the future if everything goes wrong!
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline viking

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »
Hey Super

I would find it interesting to develop that idea that men who make over $250-500K are least likley to look for a RW.If this were true, do you think most women over there would realize that trying to find a millionaire on any specific web site is a loooong shot? At stop looking at re runs of Beverly Hills 90201 as a measure of the wealth of the average AM? (or other nationality)

Offline BC

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »
supranatural,

Might have been interesting if your poll had married / unmarried figured in.  Of course in the end it's disposable income that counts (another jb'ism).

RVR,

As long as you ain't got debt, a roof over your head and a filled plate a couple times a day you're doing just fine my friend.. I've seen huge houses and nice cars with owners that had mortal fear of the postman. Lemme know when Valya starts taking orders for her Matryoshka's..  You set her up with an online shop yet?

Offline Bruno

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »
At stop looking at re runs of Beverly Hills 90201 as a measure of the wealth of the average AM? (or other nationality)

The FSU ladies that i have meet was not specialy deceive from my income... they was not watching "Beverly Hills 90201" but "Married ... with Children"... when compare to "Al Bundy", i am on the good side  :ROFL:

Offline El Rock

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 04:14:03 PM »
I've been working in pest control  for about 5 years .
It's mind blowing how much money you can make in this business.
I  averaged  $15K a month   and this year   , more.
My goal is   $18K working alone .
With  employees   I should pocket  around $35K a month
It's a steady climb  with the growth  in  the south west   , leading the country in new construction .
This allows  to travel  as I do .
Headed   to S America  soon ,  or Hong Hong , not both

Offline timothe

• Self honesty is a very elusive thing.
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »
I've been working in pest control  for about 5 years .
It's mind blowing how much money you can make in this business.
I  averaged  $15K a month   and this year   , more.
My goal is   $18K working alone .
With  employees   I should pocket  around $35K a month
It's a steady climb  with the growth  in  the south west   , leading the country in new construction .
This allows  to travel  as I do .
Headed   to S America  soon ,  or Hong Hong , not both

Pest control 15k per month?  I'm in the wrong business.   :'(

Offline Zhena

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 05:29:41 PM »
Definately many other financial matters that are involved than just income. If one is single and making $50,000 a year with no children, no house or car payments, they are probably more finacially stable to take on this endeavor than someone making $100,000 with 2 kids, and a big house payment. Many times it comes down to cash flow, or lack thereof.
Plus depends on state.

Offline Gator

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »
El Rock,

You add new meaning to the statement, "It takes one to know one".

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1883
Total: 1894

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM