It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Please vote for the 3 factors that you believe are the biggest contributors to cross-cultural divorce.

Financial (not enough money, arguments over money, etc.)
27 (19.7%)
Sex (disparity in sexual drives or interests, arguments over sex, etc.)
13 (9.5%)
Abuse (physical, verbal, or emotional abuse)
10 (7.3%)
Infidelity (yours or your partner's infidelity)
9 (6.6%)
Children (conflict over children from a former marriage)
9 (6.6%)
Family (interference from your family or your partner's family)
5 (3.6%)
Stress (job stress or education stress or parenting stress, etc.)
4 (2.9%)
Language (inability to effectively communicate due to language difference ONLY)
7 (5.1%)
Cultural (differences between cultures proved incompatible)
11 (8%)
Communication (lack of desire to communicate)
14 (10.2%)
Commitment (lack of desire to remain committed to the marriage)
17 (12.4%)
Family Goals (differences in objectives and/or interests)
11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: November 30, 2008, 01:18:28 PM

Author Topic: Survey Results - Third Question: Causes of Divorce  (Read 158376 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Survey Results - Third Question: Causes of Divorce
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »
BTW, for a single man making good money, spending anywhere from $60 to $300 on a bottle of champagne (what good bottles plus corkage go for) is not exactly breaking the bank.  It's probably a good deal less than the girl spent for her manicure/pedicure, and definitely less than what she shelled out for a good haircut and highlights.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »
I don't know about where you live,but a good haircut and highlights for a woman doesn't cost USD 300 here,and i doubt it costs a months average salary in Ukraine either.

BTW a bottle of Don Perignon will set you back USD 485 from Selfridges in London.and a man of such charisma and charm as Muzh could offer a girl he's just met in a bar no less i'm sure.

But why stop there ?

As the wallet is out..lets offer her a weeks holiday to the Maldives while we're at it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:57:19 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2015, 04:05:14 PM »
If you live in London, below is a price list.  Cost of a haircut and highlights is £240 (the lower priced stylist), which at today's official rate, is US$353.

http://limozlogli.com/services/prices/

Or, with a junior stylist (which usually means less than a year's experience) at another less fashionable London salon, £185, which is US$272.

http://www.radiohairsalon.com/servicesandprices.htm

If $250-$300 is the average price of a cut and highlights in my Canadian city, I can guarantee it is higher in most larger American cities.

I wasn't referring to Ukraine, as Muzh wasn't.  However, a good bottle of champagne (now officially sparkling wine) can be purchased for much less than in the West, and would be comparable to what a Ukrainian girl would spend to be dolled up.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:03:57 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
BTW a bottle of Don Perignon will set you back USD 485 from Selfridges in
London.and a man of such charisma and charm as Muzh could offer a girl he's just
met in a bar no less i'm sure.

But why stop there ?

As the wallet
is out..lets offer her a weeks holiday to the Maldives while we're at it.

Good bottles of Dom Perignon or Taittinger, not the top end, but still very nice, go for less than $200 in the US.  Liquor is relatively cheap there, as it is not heavily taxed.   One could also get a very nice Veuve Clicquot for $60 or $70 (I prefer it when not sweet.  The purpose of drinking champagne is to change your mood, and Veuve Clicquot makes one happy rather than gloomy).

Your comments on the wallet again miss the point.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:32:23 PM by Boethius »

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
I don't know about where you live,but a good haircut and highlights for a woman doesn't cost USD 300 here,and i doubt it costs a months average salary in Ukraine either.

Heh, is this where they put a bowl over your head and cut around it?

BTW a bottle of Don Perignon will set you back USD 485 from Selfridges in London.and a man of such charisma and charm as Muzh could offer a girl he's just met in a bar no less i'm sure.

But why stop there ?

As the wallet is out..lets offer her a weeks holiday to the Maldives while we're at it.

Boy, you are nosy. I didn't buy Dom Perignon (shows you have never bought one) at the bar. That was for High-end galas. I would settle for Freixenet Brut and for special occasions Moet & Chandon. 

The more you write the more you show your true self. The reason for going overseas to babes who don't know good English? As in not letting them into your greediness?

And Boe, you are right, HE doesn't get it and never will.

Sad, really. I mean for the girl who will tie up with him.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »
Hey Muzh,

Don't be such a cheapskate,showing your true colours now...i'd have thought you'd have bought a bottle of Louis Roederer to share with the girl you'd just met at the bar...a mere USD 12,500 from Selfridges..chump change to a man of your self-styled charisma and charm.

You're seriously starting to bore me with your inane postings,lying claims and general bad-mouthing of other posters on here.

You have no class whatsoever..calling people morons among other choice names ,and insulting them in anyway which comes to your narrow mind...i've seen more charm in a Hells Angels rally than from your vitriolic ramblings.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:17:14 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
You have no idea who you're making yourself look foolish to..you're utterly
clueless LOL.

Why?  Are you John Terry?  Gary Cahill?  Prince Harry?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »
It is almost midnight there and you are still at home?

Eek.

And so many women dying to socialize.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
The budget-conscious should also consider a bottle of Spumante brut, made with the same method (la méthode Champénoise) but called metodo classico for copyright reasons here and selling for €15-25 ;):

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

LMFAO

I'm at a bar and single. Instead of using the old and tried, not to mention, cheap way to start a conversation with a single woman at the same bar by offering to buy her a drink, I suggested if they wanted to join me in drinking some champagne.

As I said, charm and charisma. Of course you would not know what I'm talking about.  ;D

I'm pretty sure you would ask them to buy you a drink so you don't get the impression they are after your money, right Romeo?

Muzh makes it quite clear that he was doing this not just because it was different, but specifically because it was not a cheap way to start a conversation.

This implies that he was intentionally leading with his wallet.

Anyone arguing anything else is only making a fool of themselves.

Whether guys or gals want to admit it or not, most guys try to take advantage of the economic disparities.  I've been guilty of it myself.  You want to show a girl how good you are at providing for her, and you go a little too far.  (Probably trying to overcompensate for other shortcomings, or simply because it is easier to spend some extra money than to show someone other qualities like loyalty, courage, dependability, care and affection, etc.)

Back to the topic...the number one reason for divorce is marriage.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »
Muzh makes it quite clear that he was doing this not just because it was different, but specifically because it was not a cheap way to start a conversation.

He never stated he did this because it was not cheap.

Whether guys or gals want to admit it or not, most guys try to take advantage of the economic disparities.  I've been guilty of it myself.  You want to show a girl how good you are at providing for her, and you go a little too far.  (Probably trying to overcompensate for other shortcomings, or simply because it is easier to spend some extra money than to show someone other qualities like loyalty, courage, dependability, care and affection, etc.)

You're preaching to the choir.  The majority of marriages between WM/FSUW would not take place if economic disparity did not exist.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2015, 01:43:00 AM »
Women in Ukraine/Russia were more open to marrying foreign men using their economic leverage more than 10 years ago,practically any man who could afford the air-fare could find a wife there  ..not so much since then as desirable women can be more choosy as their lifestyle has improved.

The current hostilities in Ukraine may mean the men using economic leverage,rather than their charm and personality,to find/buy a wife will have their day again.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:42 AM »

I don't need to buy Champagne for a girl in a bar to distinguish myself from the average Muzh in the bar..capiche ?

Ok, let's hear how you do it.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »

For some reason, guys think they need to spend little to no money in order to make sure a woman is only interested in their sunny disposition. 

It doesn't matter if Muzh actually wanted to drink champagne.

So if Muzh wanted some champagne and invited someone to share it he is trying to be big baller.  Should he order a Schlitz and some popcorn to test the woman? 

Worst case scenario was Muzh enjoyed some champagne with some good company and that was it.  Hardly a bad thing, imo. 

I buy people drinks all the time when I am enjoying their company. Both men and women, it isn't a big deal to me.  I am more interested in having a good time instead of worrying about how much is spent.  I certainly won't be drinking cheap stuff just because some people need to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:33:19 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Noch1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2015, 04:10:02 AM »
Divorced is often caused by stupidity:)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2015, 08:06:07 AM »
LFU,

I already told how i do it in my very next post yesterday..same as most men i'd guess.

If you're looking for dating advise though..clearly the man of self-styled charm and charisma..Muzh...is the man to ask about that. :rolleyes:

Offline fathertime

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »
For some reason, guys think they need to spend little to no money in order to make sure a woman is only interested in their sunny disposition. 

So if Muzh wanted some champagne and invited someone to share it he is trying to be big baller.  Should he order a Schlitz and some popcorn to test the woman? 

Cheap skates cut off their own snouts to spite their face.  If a man has a little coin, I see no harm in using it to help get their foot in the door and meet the ladies.  I'm pretty sure this has been the crux of mating since the prehistoric days when cavemen with big warm fires and meat attracted a sincere buxom cave woman.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:01 AM »

Worst case scenario was Muzh enjoyed some champagne with some good company and that was it.  Hardly a bad thing, imo. 

I buy people drinks all the time when I am enjoying their company. Both men and women, it isn't a big deal to me.  I am more interested in having a good time instead of worrying about how much is spent.  I certainly won't be drinking cheap stuff just because some people need to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.  :)

LFU,

You are SOOOO out of touch.

Don't you know its Michelob and some tortilla chips with a little lime?  Where have you been for the past five years?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2015, 08:25:22 AM »
Jone, that was funny!!!  ;D

I've noticed there are two kinds of men discussing the issue here.

Those who have this callous regard towards women because "all them b****s are after my money" and they should bow to my presence because I'm a man and then the the guys who sees women as companion and a fellow to trust and love.

Take a wild guess who belong to the later?

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2015, 09:11:24 AM »
LFU,

You are SOOOO out of touch.

Don't you know its Michelob and some tortilla chips with a little lime?  Where have you been for the past five years?

Damn, dat dere Michelob is premium stuff in these parts.  I wouldn't want the women here getting the wrong impression.  haha

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »
Cheap skates cut off their own snouts to spite their face. 

I have seen cheap people screw themselves in all kinds of situations.  Not just of the female variety.

If a man has a little coin, I see no harm in using it to help get their foot in the door and meet the ladies.  I'm pretty sure this has been the crux of mating since the prehistoric days when cavemen with big warm fires and meat attracted a sincere buxom cave woman.

Fathertime!

There seems to be a disconnect here.  To be fair, if someone was solely purchasing particular drinks  to impress someone, they would have a point.  I could agree with them. 

The part they are missing is the fact that there are guys that do enjoy eating good meals or drinking good champagne/wine.  It isn't about impressing but more about having someone join them in what they like.   

There is a big difference.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »
LFU,

I already told how i do it in my very next post yesterday..same as most men i'd guess.

If you're looking for dating advise though..clearly the man of self-styled charm and charisma..Muzh...is the man to ask about that. :rolleyes:

My bad Chelseaboy, I did miss that.   Sure, I am always open for improvement on anything and everything.

I do wonder if people even say hello these days.  I was sitting at a table with this woman I was dating.  She always got a lot of attention.  A very attractive woman, but the amount of attention was crazy.

Well, we are sitting there talking and I look over to see some guys at the next table taking pictures of her with their cameras.  I wish I could say it didn't surprise me, but it seems there is more and more of that type of stuff happening.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:50:23 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »
Women in Ukraine/Russia were more open to marrying foreign men using their economic leverage more than 10 years ago,practically any man who could afford the air-fare could find a wife there  ..not so much since then as desirable women can be more choosy as their lifestyle has improved.

The current hostilities in Ukraine may mean the men using economic leverage,rather than their charm and personality,to find/buy a wife will have their day again.

Average GDP (purchasing power equity) based on World Bank stats in the US- $53,042, Russia - $24,114, Ukraine - $8,790 (all 2013 figures).

There is a reason the MOB industry dried up in Russia, and why it didn't in Ukraine.

Offline GoldGerard

• Commercial Member
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2016, 05:31:43 AM »
It's quite interesting to read about the causes of divorces in international couples. From my experience, a lot of those reasons can be united under the large subheading "Failing to manage expectations".

It's absolutely essential she knows your daily routine, has seen your home on video and knows what your town (city, village) is like. But even professors of universities, who are supposed to be exceptionally smart, fail to do it, for some reason.

Check "58 questions to ask Russian, Ukrainian women when dating" (just Google it). If you do not know answers to these questions and you are as much as planning a personal meeting, you are in trouble. Find out these things before moving anywhere further.

By the way, in response to Boethius, MOB industry didn't "dry up" in Russia. It also is not flourishing in Ukraine.

PPL (pay-per-letter or "paid correspondence") which is plagued with scams is rampant in Ukraine but not in Russia - but not for the reasons of GDP differences. Simply in Russia everything people do online is being watched. No one wants to be the next guy to go to jail. In Ukraine, a different story. It's (how to say it in a politically correct way?) plenty of freedom there.

In fact, we on Elenasmodels.com have more women from Russia than from Ukraine. Because in Russia they push "family values" much harder, it's the government's policy, and single women and girls are depressed if they don't have a husband and a child. Seriously - I had a person commenting on the blog about suicide groups, girls as young as 26 are depressed and want to "cut it" because they don't have a baby and are not married.

So, maybe the PPL industry is flourishing in Ukraine (it definitely seems so, judging by the number of ads on Ukrainian job portals for people to work in "dating chat").

But it's not real dating anyway, it's "paid correspondence". You are just paying to someone to talk to you. (Think phone sex, it's about the same.)
However, there are more serious Russian women seeking partners abroad (who will talk to you for free) than ever. Actually, we have 2 times more women registering daily than 2 years ago in 2014.

Maybe it's the economic crisis, maybe the accessibility (every young woman has a smartphone with Internet access and free Wi-Fi is easily available at coffee shops and shopping centres). More than 64% of women on our site are from Russia - not Ukraine.

The undisputed fact is, we have MORE women not less who want a foreign husband than before. We have more women seeking a match with a foreigner from BOTH Ukraine and Russia than 2 years ago.

So, I don't know where you get your numbers from, finding a foreign husband is definitely going mainstream in Russia. Especially because now nearly every woman knows someone who got married to a foreigner and moved abroad.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:09 AM »
But even professors of universities, who are supposed to be exceptionally smart, fail to do it, for some reason.

Smart in physics doesn't always mean smart with women and romance. Men who spent a lot of time on reading the books usually lack social skill with the ladies.

Actually, we have 2 times more women registering daily than 2 years ago in 2014.

Report back occasionally on the trend. Some of us like to know what is going on.

finding a foreign husband is definitely going mainstream in Russia. Especially because now nearly every woman knows someone who got married to a foreigner and moved abroad.

Trends change. Although you say more women have signed up is it because your agency pursued growth or are all agencies experiencing the same spike. How about the number of men signing up at your agency? I've been on forums like this for 10 years. I've seen the number of men participating drop. Some become jaded after experiencing scams from agencies or girls and after dating gold diggers. Some men were scared off by the conflict in Ukraine.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1983
Total: 1993

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM