It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439780 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10

Apples and oranges?  With the discussion about why the CFR in Europe is twice the US CFR, even though expected to be the same, we have learned that if Europe testing protocols were applied to the US, US cases would be halved.   There are other variables as you say.  And even if halved, we are still not close to Italy's success.   

Another note on testing.  For the greater part, tests were pretty much limited to those with symptoms deemed significant enough to warrant using a valuable test - on both sides of the Atlantic with the exception of Germany where more testing of lower-level symptoms allowed faster isolation, supervised monitoring at home, early admission and aggressive treatment at hospitals not already swamped with critical 'last gasp' cases coming in the door.  In essence, they moved the hospital ER to patients living rooms, able to determine the 'sweet spot' to initiate supportive care instead of sending folks home without a test and to call in if it gets worse.  I can imagine many at home tried to 'tough it out' and only called when it was already too late.

http://nypost.com/2020/04/01/mass-testing-empty-icus-germany-scores-early-against-virus/

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10

HQC gained first gained fame in France from doctors claiming it worked. Now the government of France is banning the use of HQC.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/drug-touted-by-trump-rejected-for-covid-patients-in-france/ar-BB14F4J0?ocid=spartanntp
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

HQC gained first gained fame in France from doctors claiming it worked. Now the government of France is banning the use of HQC.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/drug-touted-by-trump-rejected-for-covid-patients-in-france/ar-BB14F4J0?ocid=spartanntp

HQC .. what does that do ? ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
I'm sure it's nothing compared to Moob milk ;D

A lot of problems with supply of basic construction materials here in the UK. Most FIY stores all out of plaster, plasterboard, cement, masonry products, paint, floorboarding, etc, etc. Could hold up the construction industry for a bit if they have to wait a while for resupply, potentially a big problem for many in the construction industry no doubt. Guessing other countries could be facing similar problems.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
http://imgcdn.larepublica.co/cms/2020/05/21180548/JP-Morgan.pdf..

Another interesting feature of rt.live is that it shows when shelter in place was lifted for each state,

I'm still shaded with these numbers. Is this merely a projection since FWIW, we don't really have the absolute number of total infection number? Is it prudent to bank on metrics where the numbers are at best estimates?

Whether the metric shows -1 or otherwise, how is it determine what the degree of transmissibility of this virus if we don't know how many are actually infected?

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
why is it every time a Republican says, “I’m NOT a sheep”
all I hear is “Baaaaaa”

what do you think the families of 102,114 dead Americans think about your cartoon?
that it makes you smart, or a fool?

Offline Gator

I'm still shaded with these numbers. Is this merely a projection since FWIW, we don't really have the absolute number of total infection number? Is it prudent to bank on metrics where the numbers are at best estimates?

We know much more than we did two months ago.  With this new knowledge  we realize there is even more to be learned.   Meanwhile policy decisions must be made with this limited knowledge.   

Offline BC

With limited knowledge, better to err on the side of caution.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
You know guys it could be quiet feedable the the virus has already made its way through the bulk of the population with the vast majority not showing any symptoms. If this turns out to be so then it could mean we had a lockdowns unnecessarily, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

Trench,

Serological tests so far are only showing small percentages of the population as having had the virus, therefore your assumption is not supported.

Offline msmob

Trench do you not understand what BC explained or are you so selective re taking in info ..?

Even in Sweden, which foolishly tried for 'herd immunity' , only 7.3% of Stockholm residents had anti-bodies present

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Trench do you not understand what BC explained or are you so selective re taking in info ..?

Even in Sweden, which foolishly tried for 'herd immunity' , only 7.3% of Stockholm residents had anti-bodies present

Nothing to say their bodies wouldn't quickly adapt and start creating antibodies for the vast bulk of the population perhaps.

Offline Nightwish

stop lying (if you even know how to not), there has never been an strategy to go for herd immunity here in Sweden, the strategy was to flatten the curve to protect the healthcare system and protect the elderly, even if the last part was a HUGE hit'n Miss, that was the strategy and nothing else.

the ONLY country I heard has said this was the strategy - I admit it I might be wrong,never heard it myself -  was those foolish brits
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Never thought I would see Nightwish come out against Moby and batting in Trenchie corner :D Strange times!

Offline msmob

stop lying (if you even know how to not), there has never been an strategy to go for herd immunity here in Sweden, the strategy was to flatten the curve to protect the healthcare system and protect the elderly, even if the last part was a HUGE hit'n Miss, that was the strategy and nothing else.

the ONLY country I heard has said this was the strategy - I admit it I might be wrong,never heard it myself -  was those foolish brits

Whilst I totally agree that the UK govt was ALSO trying this lunatic approach, you are doing yourself a disservice..

Whilst you've been away - hopefully not suffering - you've missed PLENTY of articles that prove you are 'mistaken'

You might like to have a word with your nation's Chief Epidemiologist....

"the strategy appears to be working and that “herd immunity” could be reached in the capital Stockholm in a matter of weeks."

IF you dispute this, I can find plenty of quotes from other sources ...

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/no-lockdown-in-sweden-but-stockholm-could-see-herd-immunity-in-weeks.html

I hope you recover from your dose of denial

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
This recent news article from today reckons about 7 percent of the UK population might have had Coronavirus, much of it unknown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52837593

Offline Nightwish

Whilst I totally agree that the UK govt was ALSO trying this lunatic approach, you are doing yourself a disservice..

Whilst you've been away - hopefully not suffering - you've missed PLENTY of articles that prove you are 'mistaken'

You might like to have a word with your nation's Chief Epidemiologist....

"the strategy appears to be working and that “herd immunity” could be reached in the capital Stockholm in a matter of weeks."

IF you dispute this, I can find plenty of quotes from other sources ...

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/no-lockdown-in-sweden-but-stockholm-could-see-herd-immunity-in-weeks.html

I hope you recover from your dose of denial

I have never been away, just avoiding your toxic persona.

I am sure you will tell me you have a Swedish professor in immunology sitting across the table as we speak giving you insight in to Swedish strategy. We know all about your imaginary friends by now.

Unlike you I speak Swedish, the native language in Sweden, the one that ALL press briefings are held in, so I understand what's being said in those, I seen most of all the interviews with all the different professors that works in tis area of expertise, I follow this closely on all kinds of Media - and it's all in Swedish, but no -  you know better from a "quote" in a english media :cluebat:
Unlike you I have seen every press breifing since this started where they are asked over and over if this was the strategy and they everytime deny it - this is NOT the strategy, not officialy and not behind the scenes.
Unlike you I also can come to the conclusion that even if this isn't the strategy, NOT closing down the country as many others have done would result in heard immunity eventually.

So next time you want to try and lecture me on Sweden, Swedish politics or something else Swedish, just shut up for your own good. You make yourself look like a bigger fool everytime - if that's even possible.

Hope you recover from constant making an ass of yourself.

http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2020/04/04/nej-sveriges-strategi-ar-inte-flockimmunitet-men-flockimmunitet-ar-enda-sattet
No, Sweden's strategy is not herd immunity - "But herd immunity is the only way to stop the spread", says the state epidemiologist
http://www.mariestadstidningen.se/2020/03/26/flockimmunitet-en-oundviklig-konsekvens/
However, state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell denies that flock immunity is a goal in itself with the measures Sweden is now taking to curb the spread of infection.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/RRVeA2/22-forskare-om-flockimmunitet-ar-en-orealistisk-strategi
At the Swedish National Health Authority's daily press conference on Thursday, Sara Byfors, head of laboratory bacterial surveillance, states that the Swedish strategy has never been to achieve herd immunity without slowing down the spread of infection.

- Heard immunity is not something we strive for, but it is a fact that the more people who have had the disease, the fewer can spread it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:06:34 AM by Nightwish »
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline GQBlues

:ROFL:

Nightwish-

Just thought to tell you this, msmob doesn’t need to speak your tongue, nor does he have a need to be IN country anywhere to know much better about anything that’s going on in that country past, present, future than any person LIVING IN that particular country  - and that’s coming from a cold dank basement.

It’s the internet and Google, baby. They’ll even deny it, LMAO. It’s so funny that even some of these folks cut and paste information without citing its source and blatantly plagerize it to make themselves sound smart.

Don’t be surprise if he now counter with an opinion article. LMAO!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:56:45 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

I am sure you will tell me you have a Swedish professor in immunology sitting across the table as we speak giving you insight in to Swedish strategy. We know all about your imaginary friends by now.

'We' ? ... You remind me of some internet idiot who used to live Finland and when asked to disprove any of the 'imaginary friends' found they were all real and engaged in biz with me AND that their qualies were of public record ..

So,

1/ please inform us what 'imaginary' friend wouldn't know, seeing one of my biz partners lived and worked in Copenhagen and knows a thing or two about Malmo..   I presume you doubt the Microbiologist exists, too ? :ROFL:

2/ Sadly, for you .. one of our sailing club members is also Swedish - but living in the UK .. her parents are in Sweden .. Much of the info I get is from her ..

So, let's deal with your denial issue, re the failed ' herd immunity' experiment ... ?

a) Do you accept my figures re:
i) under 8% with anti-bodies present in Stockholm
ii) the shameful deaths in Sweden's care homes
iii) the dismal death rates compared to Sweden's neighbours ?

3) Why is it that DEnmark, Norway and Finland are reluctant to include Sweden in 'opening up' ?

http://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-nordic-border-controls/

'nothing' to do with anything to do with your 'denial issues'?

It is brilliant to have GQB try to come to your aid seeing HIS posts backs my assertion that so vexes you ...

Now, try not to get butt-hurt and 'nationalistic' and 'hit back' with how 'well' the UK is (n't) doing ...   I *know* my govt has made an utter mess of the head start were given.

Offline Gator

As expected with the reopening of the economy, the rate of daily infections in my home state of Florida has increased, yet not significantly.   People are more careful as they return to work and life outside the home. 

5-DAY AVERAGES

April 1-5        11,000 tests/day       1,400 positive cases/day     

May 1-5         17,000 tests/day         540 positive cases/day     (start of reopening)

May 24-28      23,000 tests/day        760  positive cases/day

Offline BillyB

there has never been an strategy to go for herd immunity here in Sweden, the strategy was to flatten the curve to protect the healthcare system and protect the elderly,

You are correct there were steps taken in Sweden to flatten the curve. Moby has been influenced by Western media that convinced many people Sweden hasn't taken any action against the coronavirus. There's a lot of Fake News going around.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

As expected with the reopening of the economy, the rate of daily infections in my home state of Florida has increased, yet not significantly.   People are more careful as they return to work and life outside the home. 

We began partial re-opening in the county. I think LA county should re-open especially now that PCR testing is widely available and administered. The State historical data doesn't really support strict lockdown at this time.

I was at most of my projects yesterday and each one have established those barcode tracking check-ins  which asked for your identity and likely stored and tracks my whereabouts now in the database. Just as well, I suppose.

Luckily none of the active projects we have before the lockdown stopped except for one. This particular one is expected since it's a retail mall renovation. However, our backlogs suffered postponements, some towards the end of the year while others 'until further notice'.

Interestingly, two planned major hotel sites with Chinese money behind it is going like bats out of hell.

The Ram/Charger Stadium (SOFI) is nearing its completion. While the stadium had to cancel it's first scheduled concert (Taylor Swift), losing potential revenue, there at least seem to be a renewed possibility the NFL may actually begin its season, as Goodell/League have opened up Stage I plans.

Lastly, I never thought I'd live to see an executed contract in the high hundreds of million dollars be wiped out by a 8.5 x 11, two short paragraphed letter. One of my client shared this with me yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:32:02 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

It is brilliant to have GQB try to come to your aid seeing HIS posts backs my assertion that so vexes you ...

Do you see dead people, too?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Sweden’s economy actually grew in the first quarter after
it opted against a full virus lockdown

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/29/coronavirus-swedens-gdp-actually-grew-in-the-first-quarter.html

Has Sweden's different COVID-19 response paid off?
http://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/has-swedens-different-covid-19-response-paid-off/1857605

No-lockdown Sweden balks at the possibility it
could be excluded as Nordics reopen borders

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/27/swedens-no-lockdown-could-mean-its-excluded-from-nordics-reopening.html

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM