It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Calm Man  (Read 3540 times)

Offline akadoc

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Calm Man
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
What does it mean when a Russian woman says she is looking for a "calm man"?
Thanks,
T

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Calm Man
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »
Thanks,
T

Ask your wife!

Offline Olly

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »
It means this man solves problems in a family without scandals, don't angry on trifles and never beat his wife  ;D
Your destiny will find you...

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:29 AM »
Thanks,
T

It means she is looking for Cristiano Ronaldo  8)   Always says "Calm, Calm" when scoring goals!!
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »
It means she is looking for Cristiano Ronaldo  8)   Always says "Calm, Calm" when scoring goals!!
That is because he is afraid they will mess up his hair and he needs to be changed as he could never show himself on the field after that... :P
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:35:34 AM »
Thanks,
T
1) ask this woman what does she mean,
2) my guess would be that it's a man who does not yell at her, does not make a drama at h ome, is something opposite to being outrageous, etc.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:01:13 AM by Lily »
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:47 AM »
Positive, not neurotic, without fast emotional reactions, handling stress well and with a smile. No shouting or screaming, no raising voice at anybody or anything, no rage, definitely no aggression - verbal or physical.

Let me give you several examples what do i mean when I say "a calm man":
1) we are driving in a car with my husband. On a crossroad another car did not stop at the stop sign and nearly collided with us. My husband shakes his head in disbelief and raises his hands as if asking "dude, what are you doing?" The male driver in the other car starts cursing, hitting the steering wheel, and waves his hands frantically and in rage, while his face gets red and the face of his wife (who is in the passenger seat) gets pale and terrified. Apparently, my husband is calm man. Apparently the other guy is not a calm man.
2) we are at home, having dinner with red wine. Suddenly someone knocks off the wine glass onto the carpet- let's say our cat does it. Or me. Or my husband. We look together with my husband at the wine stain growing on the carpet, then look at each other, laugh, and go to the kitchen together to get paper towels. It is kind of funny when the cat looks scared of what he did, and funny how typical this is. Of course, the carpet needs cleaning now, but the stain or even a new carpet isn't worth freaking out about it and being in bad mood and stressed.
3) cat jumps into the kitchen cabinet, knocks off the pile of plates, they fall - some on the kitchen counter, some from the kitchen counter fall again on the floor, some break. Lots of noise, cat is terrified. So we comfort the cat, then husband goes to get a vacuum cleaner, I start collecting pieces of broken plates. Husband enters the kitchen with a vacuum cleaner, looks at the volume of the disaster, and says with a laugh "I guess cats have freed some space and you can start buying new plates" (I love buying fine china, and my obsession with it is a common topic for jokes in our family)

I think both my husband and I are very calm people, our home and our life are always very peaceful and happy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:36:58 AM by mies »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »

It means English isn't her native language (obviously). But hopefully soon she'll get better, and thus will be better at (describing) explaining what she really means.

For now, what mies said...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

Just ask her if she's a calm Russian woman, as that is far more rare and elusive

:D

:popcorn:

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »
calm=спокойный=placid/ even-tempered.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:28:27 PM by Ranetka »
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
Without excessive emotions ( positive or negative). In all probability, she isn't looking for a high achiever either ( in this case, there must be reasons for that).
In general, and I believe it's no secret that Russians demonstrate emotions ( both positive and negative) more than Anglo-Saxons, Germans, and other West European ethnicities. This comparison doesn't refer to Americans who descend from other ethnicities ( Italian, Latin American, etc . there are quite a few of them on this forum).
On Russian ladies' forums some ladies married to them mention that their spouses are more emotional than a lady would wish, in other words "not calm".
Compatibility matters too. An overly emotional Russian lady may seem calm and quiet in comparison with a Latino lady. One may say the same is true with males.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2383
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2372
Total: 2383

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM