It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84219 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2020, 06:31:00 AM »

And at one hand the city makes it expensive and restrictive for some things. And for other things they turn a blind eye.

The ramp is built over the bank of a creek that flows to the Black Sea. I guess a good place to do an oil change...   :clapping:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2020, 07:44:26 AM »

Today my business neighbor had a guy mixing some red and white paint. I told her she needed a special permit from the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and the approved shade of paint. We went together to the place to get the permit. Our current understanding it is going to cost 500 GEL (about $160) to get the permit to paint the outside pillars of her (purple awning) place and my place (black awning). We are checking to see if we can get a price reduction seeing how little of a project it is. 

I can see getting a permit to paint the whole building but $160 to paint a couple of pillars for an awning? Why would painting a couple of pillars be something that has to be reported? They get to control what color everything gets painted? It seems inspecting paint is more important than inspecting electrical wiring.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2020, 08:08:24 AM »
Ah, the former FSU...

It was my idea NOT to chance SC's surname name to mine, until it was time to change her RU intl passport...a year ahead at the time of our nuptials..

Given, she cannot travel, she ordered anew on early...

"No..we do not recognise your husband and you have agreed to this change"..

Contact Tbilisi..

"It is easier to do this if you divorce and remarry!".

In Britain, the lady simply declares how she wishes to be called and can get her new passport in that name..

The part of Batumi where Maxx' new place is very beautiful...

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson compared it to Monaco..

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2020, 08:05:52 PM »
I can see getting a permit to paint the whole building but $160 to paint a couple of pillars for an awning? Why would painting a couple of pillars be something that has to be reported? They get to control what color everything gets painted? It seems inspecting paint is more important than inspecting electrical wiring.

There is something called "guerrilla filmmaking". That is to quick film something on a city street without a getting a city permit.  Post lookouts and shoot and scoot.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2020, 09:32:51 AM »

There is something called "guerrilla filmmaking". That is to quick film something on a city street without a getting a city permit.  Post lookouts and shoot and scoot.

They occasionally do similar in the US. Since no building official works
on the weekend they start the job at 3pm on a Friday and they are
cleaned up and cleared out by Sunday. You can also carry rusted out
water pipe plumbing in your pickup. Look inspector there was a leak
and we had fix it. Nobody is required to get a permit to stop a leak.   

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Maxx2

Republic of Georgia has become a speakeasy society
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2020, 06:58:47 AM »
They occasionally do similar in the US. Since no building official works
on the weekend they start the job at 3pm on a Friday and they are
cleaned up and cleared out by Sunday. You can also carry rusted out
water pipe plumbing in your pickup. Look inspector there was a leak
and we had fix it. Nobody is required to get a permit to stop a leak.

Cutting corners to avoid inspectors and law enforcement of the covid rules is becoming a way of life here. Business sold things out the back door when they were made to close. Knowing the right people who know the right people is the key. The gymnasium I go to is closed and probably will be for another month (July 1st shutdown of border has been delayed to July 31st) has people working out. Our weightlifting champion and his buddy a General in the Georgia Army can handle the police if they show up. It has become a speakeasy society. One of my next things to get is curtains for my store front window. These mandatory masks, the authorities' version of the burka. You must wear them when entering a building or be faced with a fine. And the owners of the enterprise is faced with fines ten times as much.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #281 on: July 06, 2020, 11:22:09 PM »

I keep pressing forward in getting my restaurant set up. Curtains for the windows, shelves in the closet and table and chairs are on the list of gets. I am in no hurry of opening though. Certainty is not a word to be associated with 2020.

Health Official: Internal Spread of the Virus is Very Minimal

As of July 6, 2 new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Georgia, bringing the total number to 953.
Marina Ezugbaia, the Medical Director of the Tbilisi Infectious Diseases Hospital, stated on Monday that both of the two new cases are imported, while infected persons are truck drivers.
In her words, most of the cases detected during the last 2 weeks have been imported and the infected persons are mostly truck drivers.
"The internal spread of the virus is very minimal, which makes us optimistic,” she emphasized.
In the past 24 hours, 2 more patients have recovered from the illness, which brings the total number of recoveries to 830.
3828 people are under a 14-day mandatory quarantine and 192 are under observation in hospitals.
15 people have died of the virus in the country.
Currently, there are 108 active cases in Georgia.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline msmob

« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2020, 03:06:12 AM »
Georgia in on a white list of nations considered safe by the EU.

Sadly, even if US passport holders can prove they have been there for months...They cannot travel.

There is a US sailing couple stuck in the UK.

They cannot get to use their Schengen Visa and cannot sell their US registered yacht as only a non EU or non EU citizen can sail off in the yacht...

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 08:40:00 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2020, 06:10:19 AM »

Sadly, even if US passport holders can prove they have been there for months...They cannot travel.

They cannot get to use their Schengen Visa and cannot sell there US registered yacht as only a non EU or non EU citizen can sail off in the yacht...

Someone should tell them then that we are no longer in the EU so British people are Non-EU citizens :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2020, 06:59:56 AM »

They cannot get to use their Schengen Visa and cannot sell there US registered yacht as only a non EU or non EU citizen can sail off in the yacht...

:offtopic:

Explain how this has anything to with Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi? Yeah I didn't think so

Offline msmob

« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2020, 08:46:58 AM »
Mr Mistake,

Maxx is discussing Georgia..    He is not the only member on here who comes and goes there..I need to go there... and his biz will be relying on tourists ( particularly from RU and TR )

Georgia is opening up to TO tourists and Georgians can now travel to many EU destinations..

*I'm* pointing out that Maxx ( as an American) - who's in a 'safe' nation.. cannot travel to most countries and included an example of  US coule in the same 'boat' ( pun intended) .. the unfairness ... but I expect you've missed that.

If you feel my post required moderator intervention there is a 'report moderator' function.

I am quite happy for a new thread to be made ...   :popcorn:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2020, 08:51:46 AM »

In her words, most of the cases detected during the last 2 weeks have been imported

That's what a lot of leaders have been saying. They have it under control and most of the problems is coming in from somewhere else.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »
Mr Mistake,

Maxx is discussing Georgia..    He is not the only member on here who comes and goes there..I need to go there... and his biz will be relying on tourists ( particularly from RU and TR )

Georgia is opening up to TO tourists and Georgians can now travel to many EU destinations..

*I'm* pointing out that Maxx ( as an American) - who's in a 'safe' nation.. cannot travel to most countries and included an example of  US coule in the same 'boat' ( pun intended) .. the unfairness ... but I expect you've missed that.

If you feel my post required moderator intervention there is a 'report moderator' function.

I am quite happy for a new thread to be made ...   :popcorn:

Mr Moron..

Maxx is discussing starting and running a business in the republic of Georgia, Batumi. I realize your need to look over that one eventuality just so you can defecate on every active thread but that fact remains. Your continued attempts to extract $6.92 from a pensioner is noted.

You are welcome to run to the mods if you wish because I set you straight, that is your prerogative but seriously, wouldn't it have been better to just start your own thread than pollute his?

Trying to sell a boat in the UK is hardly related

Offline msmob

« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2020, 09:09:50 AM »
lots of silly words..

Take your issues up with someone who might give a ...

I offered a solution

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »
Oh please please please quit slamming your fist in my face

I offered a solution
You've offered dick. Just another attempt of your's to rub Maxx's nose in something. Leave him alone

Offline msmob

« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »
You've offered dick. Just another attempt of your's to rub Maxx's nose in something. Leave him alone

Only you could try to suggest something that has never entered my head ..  :popcorn:

Offline Maxx2

Tinder
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2020, 04:48:21 AM »

I don't post here much because this board has become only about conflict. If I am wrong in that assessment it is because I don't bother to read any of the threads. I've got enough problems and worries and I am trying to keep my blood pressure near acceptable levels.

As many have said lately keeping up on the news is too depressing. Conservative intellectual Victor Davis Hanson (jb's favorite columnist) said the DRUDGEREPORT has become a "panic rag." now I get my news mostly from GeorgiaToday.ge and a peak at InfoWars ("There is a war on for your mind!!") now and then.

Recently (Sunday) I joined Tinder. I met two Georgian women ages 59 and 51. I am 67. I had a conversation for the first time this afternoon with both of them. Both speak English well but the younger one speaks it fluently. She also has experience of being an expat in Kuwait and in the US (California). She carries the same opinion and concerns I have about the reaction to covid-19. She lives about a 10 minute walk from my business. We will probably meet on Friday.

The other lady lives in Tbilisi. She is coming to Kobeleti in a week. It is the first city north of here. I will meet her then. She has a daughter and son-in-law that are lawyers. Her daughter has helped Iranians here set up businesses. I will travel to Tbilisi for a mini vacation and consult with her.

Everyday I get asked when will I open. My business neighbors are most eager for me to open. The street I am located on is the heart of the tourist area. The business next door is a jewelry store. The ladies there enjoy my food. Next to it is closed down bar called "Horosho". It was in business for only one month before the shutdown. What timing! I know how they feel... The owners took off and nobody knows if they will ever return. The next business down from the closed down bar is a Bit-Coin place. The owner there also likes my food. Next to him is an Indian restaurant that I often eat at. And the highlight of the street is a Irish green painted Irish bar called "The Cork." It is managed by a UAE woman named Zahara. Lots of expats hang out there. She is eager for me to open as she thinks my place will draw tourists to this part of town. I also got residential neighbors asking when I will open.

There are three main food delivery services here in Georgia, Menu.ge, Glovo and Wolt. According to the Indian restaurant owner they charge 30% of the cost of the food! And this explains something. A while back a few months after I left Tbilisi (October 2017) I got a call from Menu.ge on why I was no longer using Menu.ge? I told the young woman who called me I no longer lived in Tbilisi. Then the strangest thing happened. The young woman almost started crying! The reaction was like I had broken off our engagement to get married and she had loved me very, very much! Now I think I know why. I used to use menu.ge almost everyday. They got a lot of Lari off of me!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:48:51 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2020, 05:48:59 AM »
Good luck for you with your Tinder prospects.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2020, 07:15:10 AM »

Thanks Pat. I am staying cool.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2020, 07:44:54 AM »
If there is anything I can do to help you with dating, tell me by  MP and we can have a skype session.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

Re: Tinder
« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
Everyday I get asked when will I open.

Your customers are hungry! You might do good if you open now, especially if you're opening up before your competition.

Offline Maxx2

Re: Tinder
« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2020, 01:07:01 AM »

Your customers are hungry! You might do good if you open now, especially if you're opening up before your competition.

Yesterday an American woman and her UK husband asked me when we will be open. Later met them at the Indian restaurant down the street. She has been an expat for about 8 years. She had some useful suggestions and a link to a site she uses for expats in regard to taxes and other legal issues. So I slept well last night knowing one of my concerns might have a solution.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2020, 01:39:47 AM »

What really has me jazzed is what just happened just now with Tinder.

I see I am matched on Tinder with this Georgian woman. She is supposed to be 52 so I drop her a message. We exchange numbers and start chatting on Viber. She tells me her name so I can look her up on FB. I see a photo of two little girls ages 3 and 5. Are these her children? I am thinking being a good step dad might be a plus in my favor. DID I tell you this woman is drop dead gorgeous!? A stunner! But she looks much much younger than her years. I know this game.

Anyway I didn't bother contacting or calling her yesterday. I couldn't imagine this going anywhere. So this morning I send her this Viber message

"Good morning Rusilla

I noticed something on Tender. The age next to your photo says you are 52 years old. Yet when I look at your photos on your FB account you look much younger. You look younger on Tinder as well.

Yesterday I got a match. The woman looked like she was in her 50s but Tinder said she was 98!  :P

Anyway I don't pursue women old enough to be my daughter, mother or grandmother. "

So she texts me back:

"I look and feel younger
I know
But ill be 55 in august
I think it is just a number on profile I dont know the tinder its work
So my dear I am your grandmother  :D "

So I am thinking maybe photoshop or a false identity. Something is not right here.

She she tells me she is at work and we can video chat tonight. But she tells me I can video call her for a brief minute.

I am shocked! She is gorgeous! Looks like she is in her thirties! Everything beautiful, hair, shape of face, perfect nose and lips and big beautiful eyes! 5 foot five and 60 kilos.

She teaches English in Tbilisi. Has two sons and five grandchildren. She tells me I can be "number 6 grandchild :D " She has a sense of humor. 

So we are going to video chat tonight. If this seems to go somewhere I know I have to check out her life, friends, family et cetera. And if all goes well there, then have her check me out in Batumi.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:24:36 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2020, 08:27:13 AM »

If her profile says she's 98 and she looks like in her 30's and drop dead gorgeous, go for it. I've actually seen a fair amount of profiles say the age of the woman was 98 or 99. I don't know why the ladies maxed out the age. Maybe it's a code or they want to filter out certain men. I've also seen weight maxed out even on skinny women. Maybe they want to filter out men who cares about weight.

Offline Maxx2

My new employee Larissa, a White South African chef, got a message today from the Georgian government saying the 360 day residency rule will be suspended as of December 31st. No more border runs to get another 360 days of residency. We will have to get a business visa, work visa or legal permanent residency.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM