It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krakow & Lviv tour  (Read 79108 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Krakow & Lviv tour
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 12:59:55 AM »
I know, lol

I got an email through from EM admin that their profile had been taken as it had been found or reasoanble suspicions had been raised that it was dodgy. I got many of these emails through.

Did you report the ladies - or get an email as general info ?

The latter would be totally illegal - even under old privacy laws

I recall seeing 'profile removed at member or admin's request'

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:41 AM »
Did you report the ladies - or get an email as general info ?

The latter would be totally illegal - even under old privacy laws

I recall seeing 'profile removed at member or admin's request'

It was the latter but of course it didn't state specifically that she was dodgy but that was what was all too obvious reading between the lines. They put it how you just put it or it 'didnt meet the strict requirements if their rules' or something to that affect. I think it also stated if I had engaged in contact with her of the site then their advice was to cease such activities. So all in all it was dodgy as otherwise they would not intervene as such.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »
Well, today I went to the Potocki Palace it is now an art museum. The inside is ok but not overly grand compared to some other palaces. Mostly old religious paintings, portraits & a few ornaments in here. The most interesting was a display of ornaments to the last Emperor of China, Pu Yi, not exactly the same culture, lol.

What I've noticed as a common element to all these museums is that they are not exactly prime locations for pulling women. Some don't exactly evendors get many visitors. Those that are hot babe's are normally walking around with a guy.

So it looks like my best net for pulling women is either around the shopping area just of the old town or in the old town where they tend to sit oug in the cafes. In the shopping area most ate found walking along rather than in the shops so much. It's busy so would really be a case of finding a quiet not to boring spot, preferably on a corner and chilling out there. I get the impression even there many women make their way into the old town. The strip in from of the Opera House I find not so good too many families there.

Some of the girls figures are amazing, particularly the tall thin ones, would be a rare find in the UK indeed.

Anyway, it's these girls that I think may most likely be interested in a WM the girks you get in a museum are not really my type they are too engrossed anyway a log of the time in the artifacts are kind of geeky and not dressed that well, often wear those horrible denim shorts that I just find so unflattering.

Oh also came across another pregnant woman begging for money today. It looks like single motherhood is not kind to these ladies.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2018, 05:06:34 AM »
My observation regarding museums is that many women who visit such places do so in pairs. In one sense this doubles you chances on the other side the female visitors are not interested in intrusions.

The Potocki Palace features revolving exhibitions as I recall. I would recommend visiting the Pinsel museum. It is quite small and in what was a church. The Café called Centaur on the old square will suit your needs quite nicely.

Regarding the pregnant women begging I suspect those that you have seen are Roma, and compared to say Kivy there is a larger population of them in the West of Ukraine.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:40:16 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »
Walking in Cheltenham, UK....Seen plenty of tall, slim lasses...ignore Trench...!

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2018, 06:09:32 AM »
Walking in Cheltenham, UK....Seen plenty of tall, slim lasses...ignore Trench...!

Lol, admit it Mobe, your a chubby chaser on the quiet ;D

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2018, 06:23:00 AM »
Lol, admit it Mobe, your a chubby chaser on the quiet ;D

good one Trenchy ~ now back to the task at hand ~ perhaps visit the Masoch Café yes the Count Sader Masoch he is a L'viv native
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2018, 06:23:59 AM »
My observation regarding museums is that many women who visit such places do so in pairs. In one sense this doubles you chances on the other side the female visitors are not interested in intrusions.

The Potocki Palace features revolving exhibitions as I recall. I would recommend visiting the Pinsel museum. It is quite small and in what was a church. The Café called Centaur on the old square will suit your needs quite nicely.

Regarding the pregnant women begging I suspect those that you have seen are Roma, and compared to say Kivy there is a larger population of them in the West of Ukraine.

I think your right the pregnant one yesterday at least was most likey Roma, the one I saw today though was blonde not dark haired like the one yesterday. While she might have been Roma possibly more likely Ukrainian. I know the first girl I met said their are no state handouts for non-Ukrainians which is why they don't have an asylum seeker problem.

Well if the Potocki Palace exhibitions literally revolved then it would have been far more interesting, lol. I know what you mean they display different work at different times. The Pu Yi exhibit was small but somewhat interesting to me having watched the 80's film and being a bit of a history buff.

I think your right with the women in attendance, they generally are not the sort to appreciate hook ups and are difficult to access particularly like you say in pairs.

Well, I've got a couple of women online that might possibly come through for a meet. It looks like sending girks my spiel up front about why I am there was a big mistake as it definitely looks like a little bit of bait at a time works far better.

I think that not getting these girls on pre-heat first before going out here was also another mess upon my part. Lesson learned there. I will press on and move forward as best I can.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2018, 06:25:27 AM »
BD, Cafe's yes I will get back out there now! :D

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »
Ok, I'm out here again now, funny but looks like a lot of the younger girls say around early to mid twenties show a fair bit of interest in foreign men. Got that impression the other day at the high castle view point. I think they see it as something to aspire to.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:12 AM »

good one Trenchy ~ now back to the task at hand ~ perhaps visit the Masoch Café yes the Count Sader Masoch he is a L'viv native

Well briefly looked in there, it's pretty narrow with some geezers drinking at the back. The Centaur I walked passed and was kind of fine dining ish with the odd family and very little talent, a few blokes, etc. It may be a case of time of day.

I instead sat & had a drink across from a table full of girls outside one restaurant. At least a couple of them had flicked their hair and smiled as I approached the restaurant. To be honest though they were on the younger side and it looked like they just wanted to be admired.

A lot of the girls in cafes are either in groups or couples. I've noticed some real pretty ones but it seems almost universal that if they notice you at all it tends to be that they want admiration mostly for making the effort of getting all dolled up.

Where I do think is perhaps more promising is down the side of the Magnus department/grocery store. I find that a fair amount of attractive young lady's sit on the window plinths outside the store. They have done themselves up but not to the extent of many in town so are not out for looks of admiration so much (though I still admire anyhow ;) ) It's kind of busy but there's stuff around where I might be able to get comfortable for a while. It's not ideal if like the old town but more likely to come across one there perhaps.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »
I think it's probably been ruined as a pick up ground as you've no doubt had a lot of sex tourists coming here to pick up women. Even during my stay you could see the odd few prowling around. I think that is most likely the main reason young women have learned to look away from all blokes that look at them. For most women the thought of being picked up to be used as an arse by some bloke for the night is probably not a pleasant one. Probably akin to feeling like a prostitute. I see sex as part of a relationship but sex tourists just want sex and mess it up for guys like me.

Whether you realize it or not, what you're basically saying is that you're a sex tourist who claims to be looking for a relationship as his angle to pick up the girls.

On the way back I passed a pregnant lady by a Church in the old town, she was walking around with hand out begging any passers buy for change, she snapped her fingers at me as I passed as if demanding it so. I guess even here like the rest of Ukraine the society is not kind to pregnant single ladies.

Did you give her a few grivna?  That's money well spent.

A few grivna means nothing to you, but it actually will mean something to her.  A few grivna, a smile and a few kind words in English, and she will remember you...and will tell her girlfriends about the kind, generous English-speaking man.  Don't think that word doesn't spread.  Every babushka within binocular distance is watching every move you make.

I looked on YouTube last night and strayed across a PUA guy that for once wasn't the exhuberant types you normally get on there but a more down to earth straight forward guy. Even still I rehearse it as simple as it is as I don't wish to be left high & dry as I'm not at all socially skilled on the intro side of things.

Forget the PUA nonsense.  Girls can tell when you are pretending to be something you are not.  Turn your weaknesses into strengths.

I queued up to be served by her but I think the moment she discovered I knew no Russian or Ukrainian and she appeared to know no English all appeared lost there and she gave me no positive emotion whatsoever.

Then speak the universal language.  Make eye contact, and give her a little smile.  (Smile with your eyes too, not just a fake lip smile.) 

There aren't that my people that speak good English here in Lviv. I would say about perhaps 10-15 percent of the population. It's not pitifully low but it's a bit of a problem

3/4 of a million people in Lviv, which is 75,000-100,000 that know English.  Keep in mind, the bulk of them that know English are younger.  That's a LOT of English speakers.

It's why I've decided to learn Russian better when I get back. I will get hold of a tutor, online maybe and learn it better. For me as a UK guy rather than US and not needing to pour 100 percent of my energies into work or study I think putting a little time aside could pay dividends for me

Hiring a Ukrainian translator/guide is likely a better use of your funds than Russian lessons, for your intents and purposes.  If you find a girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, then think about Russian lessons. (but English lessons for her will be a better idea.)

Since you are a cheapskate, I'll tell you a secret for getting a dirt cheap translator/guide.  Toastmasters.  Toastmasters is a worldwide club to help people practice better public speaking. 
According to this guy, there is a Toastmasters in Lviv, where they practice speaking English. 
http://www.facebook.com/Toastmasters.Ukraine/
So contact the Lviv Toastmasters, and make some friends.  They can practice their English with you, and they can help show you around and introduce you to some girls.  I'm sure you can hire one of them a lot cheaper than a regular English speaking guide or interpreter.

Another way of getting a cheap interpreter/guide is to contact a local university and ask for the department that teaches English.  Hire a college kid who speaks decent English to help you.  They will be able to give you dating advice too.  IIRC, you can get an extremely good interpreter for $5 USD per hour. (likely less)

Another pet peeve of mine on internet dating sites are girls that exclusively wear sunglasses, hats & scarfs in all of their photo's. It looks ridiculous like their an undercover secret operative I don't know why they do it, I can't tell who the hell they are or whether they would appeal to me. I don't think all of these are fakes either just some women that don't understand that the man needs to see them. Some also wear those big awful almost puffer jacket type of winter coats that seem so popular out in the FSU. Again it completely masks their figure and often looks awful it's just a straight down tube like try have git stuck in an oversized toilet roll. Girls in hiking gear I'm also not a fan off it kind if looks scruffy and doesn't show the female figure if well.

You just don't understand female psychology.  You are treating the dating websites like a meat market. (and women don't like to be viewed as a piece of meat.)
Men want to see the female figure to know if we are interested in getting to know the girl better.  Many women on dating websites do not understand the importance of putting on pictures that flatter them, and show off their best features.  Guys are visually attracted, and that is what is most important to us.
Girls are more interested in an emotional connection, and building a relationship.  So they approach online dating thinking guys are just like them.  They put up pictures of them doing activities, or places they have been.  Because to the girl, what is important to her was the experience.  They don't understand that guys have zero interest in seeing her hiking trip, skiing trip, hats and sunglasses at the beach, etc.  Guys want to see pictures that show her physical beauty.

This also gives you instructions for the kinds of pictures to put on your profiles.  If you're a girl, use pics that flatter you.  Don't waste your time with pics of you doing things, because guys aren't interested in seeing pics of those activities.  If you're a guy, forget trying to use pics that flatter you physically.  Those pics are not important to girls.  Use pics (even if they barely show your appearance) of you doing things.  It is those activities and experiences that women want to learn about. 

If I was in your shoes, I would get an interpreter/guide.  Then I would go to a church or somewhere that I could get in touch with the babushka network of old women.  I would convince the babushkas of what a fine upstanding man I was, in search of a good woman.  Then tell them what characteristics you are looking for.  The interpreter will help immensely in communication with the babushkas, because they won't know English, but the babushkas are going to know every single girl in the neighborhood and the quality of her character.  If the babushkas like you, they will filter out all the scammers and they will have the highest quality girls lining up for you and you will have the best possible introduction that you could ever dream of.  (But if you act like a sex tourist, it will blow up in your face faster and worse than you can imagine.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:37:36 PM by Bee Farmer »

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »

This also gives you instructions for the kinds of pictures to put on your profiles.  If you're a girl, use pics that flatter you.  Don't waste your time with pics of you doing things, because guys aren't interested in seeing pics of those activities.  If you're a guy, forget trying to use pics that flatter you physically.  Those pics are not important to girls.  Use pics (even if they barely show your appearance) of you doing things.  It is those activities and experiences that women want to learn about. 

There's some great advice here.... It's interesting you commented about the difference in how each gender should betray themselves in their pictures, when online dating. I read an article that drew the same conclusions when I first started dating online.

The picture that receives the most comments from women is the one below. It shouldn't attract a Russian woman if you go by much of the advice suggesting dressing nicely etc... Even though my back is turned and I'm bare foot,  it's unusual and never fails to draw their admiration. There's a bit of a romantic quality to being able to ride a horse, it's something that has always worked well for me and been the reason many have initiated contact, locally and fsuw.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:08:52 PM by Davo2 »

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:35 PM »
Another tip for the ladies is to not post pics of you wearing black.  You may look stunning wearing a black dress in real life, but photographs of black clothing do not flatter your figure at all.  Black in photos hides all detail.

Offline msmob

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2018, 10:41:40 PM »
Bee farmer.

I realise I am not a lady but I used a profile photo in a black DJ ( Tux?)  .... it was my profile's most popular photo!))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:54:06 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2018, 11:14:52 PM »
Whether you realize it or not, what you're basically saying is that you're a sex tourist who claims to be looking for a relationship as his angle to pick up the girls.

Did you give her a few grivna?  That's money well spent.

A few grivna means nothing to you, but it actually will mean something to her.  A few grivna, a smile and a few kind words in English, and she will remember you...and will tell her girlfriends about the kind, generous English-speaking man.  Don't think that word doesn't spread.  Every babushka within binocular distance is watching every move you make.

Forget the PUA nonsense.  Girls can tell when you are pretending to be something you are not.  Turn your weaknesses into strengths.

Then speak the universal language.  Make eye contact, and give her a little smile.  (Smile with your eyes too, not just a fake lip smile.) 

3/4 of a million people in Lviv, which is 75,000-100,000 that know English.  Keep in mind, the bulk of them that know English are younger.  That's a LOT of English speakers.

Hiring a Ukrainian translator/guide is likely a better use of your funds than Russian lessons, for your intents and purposes.  If you find a girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, then think about Russian lessons. (but English lessons for her will be a better idea.)

Since you are a cheapskate, I'll tell you a secret for getting a dirt cheap translator/guide.  Toastmasters.  Toastmasters is a worldwide club to help people practice better public speaking. 
According to this guy, there is a Toastmasters in Lviv, where they practice speaking English. 
http://www.facebook.com/Toastmasters.Ukraine/
So contact the Lviv Toastmasters, and make some friends.  They can practice their English with you, and they can help show you around and introduce you to some girls.  I'm sure you can hire one of them a lot cheaper than a regular English speaking guide or interpreter.

Another way of getting a cheap interpreter/guide is to contact a local university and ask for the department that teaches English.  Hire a college kid who speaks decent English to help you.  They will be able to give you dating advice too.  IIRC, you can get an extremely good interpreter for $5 USD per hour. (likely less)

You just don't understand female psychology.  You are treating the dating websites like a meat market. (and women don't like to be viewed as a piece of meat.)
Men want to see the female figure to know if we are interested in getting to know the girl better.  Many women on dating websites do not understand the importance of putting on pictures that flatter them, and show off their best features.  Guys are visually attracted, and that is what is most important to us.
Girls are more interested in an emotional connection, and building a relationship.  So they approach online dating thinking guys are just like them.  They put up pictures of them doing activities, or places they have been.  Because to the girl, what is important to her was the experience.  They don't understand that guys have zero interest in seeing her hiking trip, skiing trip, hats and sunglasses at the beach, etc.  Guys want to see pictures that show her physical beauty.

If I was in your shoes, I would get an interpreter/guide.  Then I would go to a church or somewhere that I could get in touch with the babushka network of old women.  I would convince the babushkas of what a fine upstanding man I was, in search of a good woman.  Then tell them what characteristics you are looking for.  The interpreter will help immensely in communication with the babushkas, because they won't know English, but the babushkas are going to know every single girl in the neighborhood and the quality of her character.  If the babushkas like you, they will filter out all the scammers and they will have the highest quality girls lining up for you and you will have the best possible introduction that you could ever dream of.  (But if you act like a sex tourist, it will blow up in your face faster and worse than you can imagine.)

Thanks Bee Farmer, that's incredible advice it's like approach information this in a whole different manner. I've only got a few days left here now so not really got the time to go do it that way now but I'll definitely look into it for the future. Well it's looking like a couple of girls may come through for a meet. One I had checked her out before coming out here and she was very much one I wanted to meet, she is pretty looking but also looks genuine looking. She did not respond to my messages so it looked hopeless with her then all of a sudden yesterday out if the blue she responded. So I am hopeful.

Making contacts prearrival with those you suggest sounds like a great idea :) It would really help to avoid the isolation of being somewhere without really knowing anyone. I will definitely work on it for future outings particularly before coming out here.

Yeah it's strange with the photo's. I decided to go with photos of me with relatively neutral background's, pleasant but generic scenery, grasslands, etc since I wanted the girl to look at me and not lifestyle or an iconic building say the Effifel Tower. Get away from any distraction in the photo. Perhaps though as you suggest I might have overdone it and they see things differently to us. I will consider putting one or two carefully chosen relatively modest activity shots in. Nothing too boring looking as cycling or too extreme but hopefully something in between without seemingly too staged also, many thanks :)

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2018, 11:25:36 PM »
I have been to Toastmaster meetings before there is a decided culture. Never would I have considered it a means for the goals the Trenchcoat has/

As for a guide while a very old contact you might want to consider this > www.lviv4you.com < I have not even checked if this guy is still working as a guide. But he helped me the first time I was in L'viv.

Good luck!

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »
I have been to Toastmaster meetings before there is a decided culture. Never would I have considered it a means for the goals the Trenchcoat has/

As for a guide while a very old contact you might want to consider this > www.lviv4you.com < I have not even checked if this guy is still working as a guide. But he helped me the first time I was in L'viv.

Good luck!

Well if he comes dressed like that he will definitely make an impact for me with the Babushkas ;D

Decided culture?

I quite like Bee Farmer's suggestion of the Uni English department or similar English Language School perhaps. As a guy with a lot of time spent as a student it would probably be a background I would be comfortable with. Would no doubt be applicable advice for any city visited I guess.

Offline JayH

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2018, 12:16:34 AM »

Another way of getting a cheap

If I was in your shoes, .)

Talking cheap -- that is TC's language !

In his shoes?    Given your ideas about seeking a virgin -- that lines up with TC too  -- maybe you can advise him how to tell when looking at a girl if she is a virgin? :cluebat:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
Hey does anyone here know why alcohol & food are billed separately when it comes to the bill in Ukraine?

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2018, 08:56:03 AM »
Hey does anyone here know why alcohol & food are billed separately when it comes to the bill in Ukraine?

It seems to have always been that way. I suspect it is because there are different taxes rates involved.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2018, 11:45:29 AM »

It seems to have always been that way. I suspect it is because there are different taxes rates involved.

Ah, I see makes sense I guess, the credit card I got charges no fees on foreign currency so I shouldn't be hit too bad.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »
Well I've just been to meet a girl, we went for a drink, she first ordered a bottle of wine, said it made little difference because we both wanted wine. I was ok on that as it's not worth picking hairs. She apparently also ordered a strawberry shake to go with it unbeknown to me.

After a bit of chit chat back and forth she then wanted me to buy her some cigarettes because she was out and apparently had taken the taxi. Now I have heard all this bs before and there was no way I was going to fall for it again. It was time to fold, I simply thanked her for coming and told her she was not the right kind of girl for me and after paying the bill left her to finish her drink.

I've enjoyed my time out this way but looks like the way I chose to go about it all this time was a mistake. Still experience gained and I hope to do better at this next time. Checking out these girls throughly before I come out is pretty well needed otherwise anything can pop up and probably not in a good way.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »
Oh, wow.  I can see how she was using poor Trench.  A pack of cigarettes costs less than a pound, and a fruit drink?  The horrors!  That must have set him back almost 2 pounds!  Yup, those UW don't know their place, ripping him off to that extent.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
Oh, wow.  I can see how she was using poor Trench.  A pack of cigarettes costs less than a pound, and a fruit drink?  The horrors!  That must have set him back almost 2 pounds!  Yup, those UW don't know their place, ripping him off to that extent.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The problem being she will tell other UW that Brits are stingy  ((

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541271
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2956