It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Obama Snubs NATO Chief as Crisis Rages  (Read 10768 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Obama Snubs NATO Chief as Crisis Rages
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:38:13 PM »

America's commitment to defend its NATO allies is its biggest treaty obligation, said Volker, adding that European security is at its most perilous moment since the Cold War. Russia has moved troops and weapons into eastern Ukraine, annexed Crimea, placed nuclear-capable missiles in striking distance of NATO allies, flown strategic-bomber mock runs in the North Atlantic, practiced attack approaches on the U.K. and Sweden, and this week threatened to aim nuclear missiles at Denmark’s warships.

“It is hard for me to believe that the president of the United States has not found the time to meet with the current secretary general of NATO given the magnitude of what this implies, and the responsibilities of his office,” Volker said.

There is a lot more read all about it here
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-24/obama-snubs-nato-chief-as-crisis-rages

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Re: Obama Snubs NATO Chief as Crisis Rages
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »
Obama Snubs NATO Chief In Face Of Rising Russian Threat

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/032515-745129-obama-snubs-nato-chief-jens-stoltenberg.htm#ixzz3VS3TWWrP
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Putin drafts another 150,000 men into Russian army
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »

Vladimir Putin has signed an executive order on spring conscription into the Russian Army, drafting roughly 150,000 men between April 1 and July 15. The order also releases military personnel whose terms of service have expired.

Conscription in Russia is carried out twice a year: once in the spring and again in the fall. Men are drafted into military service for one year.

On March 24, a Duma committee endorsed legislation that would place foreign travel restrictions on men who evade the draft, possibly prohibiting them from going abroad for as many as five years. The law would also ban draft dodgers from working in the civil service and any municipal offices for a period of five years.

Another bill now in the Duma would change the way men are called into the army recruitment office. Currently, conscripts are required to get a signed document when they cannot appear for a summons. Responsibility for delivering conscripts to the recruitment office falls to the police.

The new draft legislation would allow recruiters to send out their summons by registered mail. The letters would be considered received by the sixth day after they’re sent.

there is a lot more read about it here
http://meduza.io/en/news/2015/03/25/putin-drafts-another-150-000-men-into-the-army
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
Interesting articles, Bill.  They're not Western propaganda, are they? ;D

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
Regarding the snub to the NATO chief: 

We wouldn't want to give Russia the idea that the US is actually considering being part of NATO?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »
Listen up. Are you guys actually reading other than what you're posting?

I have a perfectly good post and narrative over here, see?...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=17720.msg399333#msg399333

...but nooo, you guys have to start your own thread with the same subject and only then does it become topic for discussion.

I see where this is headed...get busy in the real world for a couple of weeks and everybody forgets you even exist... :P

Brass
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:24:35 PM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Larry1

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

...but nooo, you guys have to start your own thread with the same subject and only then does it become topic for discussion.

I see where this is headed...get busy in the real world for a couple of weeks and everybody forgets you even exist... :P

Brass

I think it might be due to anti-Canadian prejudice. ;D

Perhaps the threads could be merged.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:32:35 PM »

Brass

BC-- 2T is a refugee from a place where  his thread starting posts got buried in inappropriate places by deluded forum owners attempts to control content in some misguided belief . I also noted what amounts to dupliciation of links and topics( as I am sure others have) --but as we often see they disappear in the depth of threads and people( like 2T here) do not realise the topic is being duplicated-- so lets get the tolerance stick out and appreciate he is here trying!

ps I do take your point!@! :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
Perhaps the threads could be merged.

Are you kidding? Brass's link goes to a thread 117 pages long. Merging with something that large will not help. I've actually stopped reading the largest threads since many of them stray off topic often with the occasional break of a few posters bickering.

Got to get those men trained. An America general recently said he's very impressed with Russia's ability to move 30,000 troops and armor quickly during training exercises. Putin has a greater desire to improve Russia's military more than it's economy. He's increased military spending by over 30% this year alone. He can't get a return on his investment if he doesn't use it.

UK is beefing up defenses in the Falkland Islands. They are worried Russia is going to back Argentina in the takeover of the islands. If Russia is telling Argentina to "go for it", you can be sure behind closed doors their telling China to go for Taiwan, North Korea to go for South Korea, and Iran to go for Saudi Arabia and Israel.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/falkland-islands-fears-russia-backed-140531097.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:32:48 PM »
I read today that Russian conscripts are only on duty for one year and get released.   What kind of army is it with troops with so little training/experience?
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »

Brass

:ROFL:

It happens now and then. 

I saw you earlier post today, and it is indeed identical .  The one difference, your post was in "More Bad News..." and I guess many people were tired of "More Bad News..."  This thread has a headline that catches the eye as it 1) is refreshingly new and 2) suggests Obama  has blundered again.

Also, some people may consider old threads as worn out.  And a few people actually have a job.   ;D

Offline Gator

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
I read today that Russian conscripts are only on duty for one year and get released.   What kind of army is it with troops with so little training/experience?

I agree.  Sounds like cannon fodder. 

Offline Larry1

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »

That is a great weakness of the Russian Army. The special operations forces are well trained but the bulk of the army is not.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »

Obama is hostile to Netanyahu and snubs new NATO chief but he'll hit the reset button with Russia and Iran. He has a habit of mixing up friends for enemies and vise versa. He recently paid Iran 12 billion dollars to get them to come to the negotiating table. In the end Iran may not even agree to anything and if they do, it'll be temporary because that is all Obama is asking for. He's not solving the problem but passing the "Iranian nuke problem" buck to the next president. Iran recently signed a 3 billion dollar military agreement with Russia and backed the terrorists taking over our ally, Yemen. Our American tax dollars at work...against us. Terrorism has grown under his watch. At least the Saudi's have the balls to protect Yemen.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/saudi-arabia-launches-military-operations-in-yemen-2015-03-25

They will be released back into the civilian world but like our own volunteer soldiers, they still have a commitment to the military for many years after should they be needed. In a couple of years, most of Russia's newest most technological advanced military hardware will be operational and mass produced. Let's see what happens then. Hitler was a patient man and waited till he had the right military pieces to play with. Hitler became chancellor of Germany in 1933 and started war in 1939. Putin made a move on Ukraine earlier than he wanted simply because the events at Maidan ousted his puppet president. It would be foolish for the Western powers to dismiss Putin's activities as harmless. When a leader of a nation focuses on improving military before economy, it's a good sign he's not stable.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
That is a great weakness of the Russian Army. The special operations forces are well trained but the bulk of the army is not.

Larry, I know it's a popular pastime here to bash Russia's military but most professional studies have them ranked as the #2 most powerful military in the world. American generals have praised their abilities during their training exercises and if they use that #2 military at full force, they will probably win every battle that doesn't include America.

lordtiberius

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »
Bill, you know we have an Affirmative action President, right?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »

Brass

Hey Brass, I haven't been keeping up, with the new baby and sleep
deprivation, but I'll check out your thread.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Gator

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »

Udachi!

Bill

I recall those days.  I now see the signs of sleep deprivation in my older son from my baby granddaughter Emma.   

2tall, you do realize this is just the beginning of "family life."  You have years before really "big ones," such as when they drive away in the car for the first time and say "See you later Dad."   On the whole, still my greatest source of joy.   :) :) :)

I do not know how you can make time to post.  Thanks for not forgetting RWD. 

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
I can't see that the Russian policy of drafting to serve one year is necessarily bad.

Question is:  Compared to what other practice.

Compared to keeping them in military for 2-3 years, maybe not as productive.

But compared to calling up completely untrained guys needed for an all-out war, not a bad practice.

I think USA should reinstitute some sort of draft.  Even if not for military service, all persons should serve 2 years or so in some capacity which could include forestry work, help disabled persons, child care, flood and fire prevention work, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »

Udachi!

Bill

Not good enough, Bill. You may repent with six Hail Forums...

Hail Forum full of comment
Our moderators are with thee
Blessed art thou among members and blessed is the fruit of thy bandwidth - Discussion
Holy Forum, mother of debate
pray for our quotes, now and at the hour of our posting.

Amen

...Seriously though, no worries, Bill. I was being tongue in cheek. All the best and if I haven't said so already Congratulations!

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 05:00:38 PM »
I think USA should reinstitute some sort of draft.  Even if not for military service, all persons should serve 2 years or so in some capacity which could include forestry work...fire prevention work
In your own backyard ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 06:51:10 PM »
Yes, train on my property first!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 08:02:27 PM »
2tall, you do realize this is just the beginning of "family life."  You have years before really "big ones," such as when they drive away in the car for the first time and say "See you later Dad."   On the whole, still my greatest source of joy.   :) :) :)

Yes, I have been around this block before  ;D

I do not know how you can make time to post.  Thanks for not forgetting RWD.

I've thought about some sort of ongoing blog, like IO has done or ML

FSUW don't do vague

Offline jone

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
Attached blogs would be a great thing to add to this forum.  Perhaps a gateway?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM