It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First timer.. Need advice  (Read 9270 times)

Offline Rizz44

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
First timer.. Need advice
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:10:14 AM »
First off..  Never done anything like this.
Started talking to a few women on russiancuppid.com
1 has grabbed my attention and she would like to come visit.
She had previous US visa, went to school here for a short term.
Speaks very good English.
She is from Kiev.

We started kicking around travel dates and such to see what it would entail.
Is it normal to use agency or can I book on my own?
I know very little about the visa process.
Something about using a agency has me in question.

Any info will help.

Marc

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: First timer.. Need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Rizz,
A few questions first.

You say you met on Russian Cupid? Why does she need to use an agency if you have met on Russian Cupid? Have you seen her in person and Skype? If she wants you to use a different agency after meeting on a monthly pay dating site like Russian Cupid then I'm sorry to say that this is more than likely a scam. What exactly is she wanting you to do?

There should be no need to use an agency for her to get a visa. This is something she would have to do on her own. This is the old visa scam that has been around for years. She will request that you wire the visa costs and maybe even the plane ticket money to some supposedly agency person via Western Union...

Stick around this forum and do lots of reading to educate yourself if you are truly interested in finding a foreign women abroad.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:05:19 AM by Hammer2722 »
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »
Marc, the Visa scam is one of the oldest and most common around as Hammer told you.

Never send her or any agency money.

If things progress,

1) Tell her to use her existing visa to USA.  They are usually for a period of years.  If she says it has expired, ask her to scan and email you a copy.  But even here, with Photo Shop anything is possible.

2) If she is going to apply for a new visa to USA, tell her you will reimburse her AFTER she arrives in USA . . . but don't even offer to do this unless she asks.

3) If you are going to pay for her flight, YOU book it yourself through the same places you would use to book a flight for yourself using your credit card.  Never send the money to her or an agency or any other place she specifies.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »

Read  Hammer & ML's postings................. agree with them

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »

She is from Kiev.

I talked to lot of FSU women on the internet that had work, tourist, and study visas and previously been in America and invited them to see me. Don't be paranoid. Trust her and tell her if she comes to America, you will be a good host, take her around sight seeing and pay for her meals. Of course she'll have to pay her own way. Keep talking to other ladies. Don't put your life on hold for someone you haven't met.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:43:33 PM »
Anyone that asks you to use their agency is doing it to get a kickback.  Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out.  I would very much doubt that any girl who is getting kickbacks from an agency is there to do anything other than get as much money as possible. 

There are many more honest women out there that would be happy to meet you, not to fleece you.  Concentrate on finding them.  Oh, and welcome to the forum.  You have some serious reading to do here.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Rizz44

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »
So what is the visa process?
Please explain

Thanks!

Marc

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »
Welcome Rizz!

For a visa she must fill out a form online, submit it to the US embassy along with $160 and schedule an interview to determine if she gets a visa.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:33:41 PM »
So what is the visa process?
Please explain

Thanks!

Marc

You can not do anything at all for her visa. Except of course send her money which, you should NOT do. No matter how good she looks in lingerie or how long her legs are.  :(

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
If she really wants to come visit you and has been to US before as she claims, then tell her you will reimburse her visa and plane costs when she comes to the us to visit you. My guess is that she will give you some lame reason that cannot happen. Do you even know if you are chatting with an actual female???????

Offline LAman

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »
You guys are barking up the wrong tree!!! The OP should be going to visit this girl. Only the lazy guys are willing to have the girl 'visit' them. Except for me of course!!!! 
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »
You guys are barking up the wrong tree!!! The OP should be going to visit this girl. Only the lazy guys are willing to have the girl 'visit' them. Except for me of course!!!!

There is no need for him to visit since this is nothing more than the age old visa scam.....

Offline Gator

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
Rizz44,

Welcome! 

As someone else said, it is better if your first meeting is in her city.

A few questions:

1.  When you say agency, do you mean a visa/travel agency or russiancupid?   I ask because many RW visiting my wife have used a travel agency to obtain a tourist visa.  If so, this may not be a visa scam.

2.  Why does she say she needs to use an agency?  If this woman has been issued a student visa in the past, she should have no problem in obtaining a tourist visa provided she does tell the consulate she is traveling to the US to meet you.   Because her English is excellent and the US has a consulate in Kiev, she is fully capable of applying for a visa without using an agency.

3.  You use the number "44" in your name.   Does this mean you were born in 1944?  If so, be very careful about the age difference.

You should talk to her some more to advance the relationship.  Scammers will not want to continue talking if you do not send money.

If you feel better about her after more conversations, and if you do not want to travel to Kiev, you could purchase her an air ticket that is non-transferrable and refundable (only to you).  Before you do, ask her for a copy of her passport, explaining you need the info to purchase a ticket.

Good luck!

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
provided she does tell the consulate she is traveling to the US to meet you.   

Does not tell
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »
A few questions:

1.  When you say agency, do you mean a visa/travel agency or russiancupid?   I ask because many RW visiting my wife have used a travel agency to obtain a tourist visa.  If so, this may not be a visa scam.

This was my take, too.  First instinct for me was that he meant a travel agency, not a dating one.

2.  Why does she say she needs to use an agency?  If this woman has been issued a student visa in the past, she should have no problem in obtaining a tourist visa provided she does NOT tell the consulate she is traveling to the US to meet you.   Because her English is excellent and the US has a consulate in Kiev, she is fully capable of applying for a visa without using an agency.

Agree with ML here!  ;D

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 06:31:15 AM »
People responding to this OP might wish to spend two minutes looking at the online Russian Cupid scams already reported.  They mirror what is happening here.  There are similar instances of the OP's contact to Russian Cupid in the scam reports.  The scams are well documented.

Here's one:

I registered last Month on this site and was inundated by Women from not only Russia,but other Baltic and Eastern European Countries.First off they will ask you to communicate with them off the site via Skype as this means the site admin cannot keep tabs on what you and her say to each other..Very soon after making contact these women will want to meet you..and usually it will be in a Hotel of their choice which you will be expected to pay for,secondly as the day of your prospective meeting draws near they will say that they can't afford the Rail or Air fare and could you pay for it ?...some of them are more brazen and simply ask you to pay for the whole shebang..one scammer from Romania asked me outright for 800 Euros for the privilege of us meeting up.Many of them profess undying love for you..just check the activity in their profile and you will see that they have a lot of love to spread around..again all via Skype...I expect there are a few genuine women on here,but they are few and far between.Good Luck with this Site but as soon as any woman on this site asks for Money just Block them on Skype and the Main Site..and keep the Money requests and report them to Site admin.

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.russiancupid.com
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 07:00:26 AM »
Jone, are you as shocked as me that this actually happens !!

I am going to go spend some time with my Grandmother until the shock wears off.  She will make me a peach pie.

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 07:01:12 AM »
Damn, ML.

We must be related.  I was gonna go the Peach Pie route myself.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 07:42:53 AM »
People responding to this OP might wish to spend two minutes looking at the online Russian Cupid scams already reported. 

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.russiancupid.com

(Coming from a guy that looks between 25-30)
The website does seem to have legitimate members, but there aren't enough girls online. There are usually 1500 members online. However, more than half of these are men. That only gives you about 700 active women. And some of these are scams. I wanted someone who does not smoke and is between the age of 18 and 30. These two criteria alone lowers the number to about 30 to 40 women who had been active at least in the past two weeks. And if you look at the profiles, some of these have glamorous pictures that are simply too good to be true. Others want a tall, handsome, white prince who definitely won't have any problem finding a mate in real life. So yeah, not worth it.

some of these have glamorous pictures that are simply too good to be true.

Don't message them, all the more for me to snatch. They are true, just add them on vk, and try not come off cringy.

Others want a tall

I am 5'8 and dated a girl 5'11

handsome, white prince who definitely won't have any problem finding a mate in real life.

Oh thanks, my beard now does look good, but i am still fugly, which is why women want me to finish after 30mins. I am often mistaken as a Muslim, half Asian, half European genetics.

THere is nothing wrong with russiancupid, just the expectations of the users. THat is why they go off to AD, i talked to the owner of a pay per letter site over skype, it was a sort of business conversation, i had an idea which i wanted to run by him. He told me he had no problem dating the women on his site, he was a 35 year old, pretty good looking, but he said the problem was that most of the users on his site have unrealistic expectations. If you have unrealistic expectations, sending 100's of messages to the too good to be true women, guess who will reply? The ones that want to scam you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:46:54 AM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »
First off..  Never done anything like this.
Started talking to a few women on russiancuppid.com
1 has grabbed my attention and she would like to come visit.
She is from Kiev.

We started kicking around travel dates and such to see what it would entail.
Is it normal to use agency or can I book on my own?
I know very little about the visa process.
Something about using a agency has me in question.

Any info will help.

Marc

I think the 'golden rule' for dating FSU women should be to spend as little money on them as possible this is the only way to ensure they are not going to take you for a ride regardless of how wealthy you may be, its a bonafide relationship you want anything else eventually leads to nothing. So go visit the girl or girls once you found them in their home city- except nothing else for first meeting or move on. Pay for maximum for her a meal or two, day's entertainment and flowers & inexpensive gift - if no affection forthcoming then move on. Don't sign up to a holiday with a girl even in her own country you have never met before - interview first, date after. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »

I think the 'golden rule' for dating FSU women should be to spend as little money on them as possible this is the only way to ensure they are not going to take you for a ride regardless of how wealthy you may be, its a bonafide relationship you want anything else eventually leads to nothing. So go visit the girl or girls once you found them in their home city- except nothing else for first meeting or move on. Pay for maximum for her a meal or two, day's entertainment and flowers & inexpensive gift - if no affection forthcoming then move on. Don't sign up to a holiday with a girl even in her own country you have never met before - interview first, date after.

No, that would be the "golden rule" for a cheap bastard looking to get something for nothing. Is that really your approach to dating women in England? If it is, then by all means there is no need for you to change now, is there?

What amount do you consider as being 'taken for a ride'? 100 euros, 500 euros, 1500, what? So if you buy her a couple of Happy meals at MickeyD's and she still hasn't 'put out' it's time to move on? Maybe you'd buy her a couple more if you've at least had a hand job by the 2nd Happy Meal? What is the policy here?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:14 PM »

Not a great rule of thumb.   The formulaic approach doesn't weed out golddiggers, nor assure a bona fide relationship.  You can't know if you have a bona fide relationship until you start living together, IMHO.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
agree...

We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline jone

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:31 PM »
No, that would be the "golden rule" for a cheap bastard looking to get something for nothing. Is that really your approach to dating women in England? If it is, then by all means there is no need for you to change now, is there?

What amount do you consider as being 'taken for a ride'? 100 euros, 500 euros, 1500, what? So if you buy her a couple of Happy meals at MickeyD's and she still hasn't 'put out' it's time to move on? Maybe you'd buy her a couple more if you've at least had a hand job by the 2nd Happy Meal? What is the policy here?

Very subtle.   :devil:

Offline Gator

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »
Trenchcoat, 

You have an interesting test.  One question:  Once you find a woman who says she loves you after being treated in such way, does she pay the $399 for this: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141575570258?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

You will look good with those red accents. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1859
Total: 1870

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM