It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What sort of improvement in living locally are FSW looking for in their lives?  (Read 10850 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So I am not meaning in terms of finding a Western Man to live abroad with here, but locally if she met someone, whether a local guy or a western guy that was living locally. Aside from other traits the guy may have or how much she is into him. So taking that a large proportion of the population of FSU countries tend to live in tower block apartments, often rented and that the woman often has to work quite possibly for low pay. What would be a good living situation for her locally?

Would she be please to be living in accommodation that was owned so no rent had to be paid?

Would she prefer living in a house than an apartment?

Would she just be happy to be living somewhere more spacious than a cramped apartment?

Be driven around than have to use public transport or be on foot?

I'm guessing that many FSW would be content with a move out of the tower block into even a small house that is owned rather than rented. Your thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
So I am not meaning in terms of finding a Western Man to live abroad with here  but locally if she met someone, whether a local guy or a western guy that was living locally.

Aside from other traits the guy may have or how much she is into him. So taking that a large proportion of the population of FSU countries tend to live in tower block apartments, often rented and that the woman often has to work quite possibly for low pay. What would be a good living situation for her locally?

Why do you think "often rented" - many FSU folk own their apts outright ..Admitted, you are looking at women of the first generation that don't really remember 'Soviet times" - so they'll either live with Ma and Pa, be divorced and live in a marital home  - still part owned by hubby - or working away from 'home' and renting... 

Would she be please to be living in accommodation that was owned so no rent had to be paid?

Daft question - no rent - means less outgoings

Depends on the lass .... My Wife prefers apartments ... SC home

Would she just be happy to be living somewhere more spacious than a cramped apartment?

Another daft Q..

Sometimes it's quicker to go by bus / bike / foot - as parking spaces are at a premium....

I'm guessing that many FSW would be content with a move out of the tower block into even a small house that is owned rather than rented. Your thoughts?

Are you bored, Trench ?  My thought ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Why do you think "often rented" - many FSU folk own their apts outright ..Admitted, you are looking at women of the first generation that don't really remember 'Soviet times" - so they'll either live with Ma and Pa, be divorced and live in a marital home  - still part owned by hubby - or working away from 'home' and renting... 

Daft question - no rent - means less outgoings

Depends on the lass .... My Wife prefers apartments ... SC home

Another daft Q..

Sometimes it's quicker to go by bus / bike / foot - as parking spaces are at a premium....

Are you bored, Trench ?  My thought ...

Yeah I see what you mean on this one Moby, some of it is daft, i.e would she be pleased to be more comfortable off than she currently is - well of course. My thinking here is were I to go out there to live and be able to offer a woman this in her home country, say Ukraine through dating locally would she be content with this? My thinking is yes she would, particularly if of a local dating website and may just want to live locally anyway. After all women go for local men I presume as long as they have some prospects that mean a reasonably comfortable life so why not me. I just see too many women drawn to dating a foreign guy of the more international orientated websites that may be more interested in immigration/guy with big bucks they can later divorce than anything else.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
You can do all that and she'll be doing a local guy on the side. 

Seriously Trench, this is a stupid idea.

UW are NOT looking for local men with prospects.

Ukrainians are not trying to leave because of a lack of money.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:00:25 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

Seriously Trench, this is a stupid idea.

UW are NOT looking for local men with prospects.

Ukrainians are not trying to leave because of a lack of money.

But if you live locally then more chance you could find out or vice versa, risky I would have thought. I mean of course you would be best of spending a lot of time with her, her family, etc. I'm not saying its not possible but more trouble for the girl. If you're thousands of miles away then even more likely I would have thought, especially if never visited her family as no real ties or knowledge of how she lives.

I ask you, what are UW looking for? Many it seems form posters here are trying to use foreign dating to emigrate/green card scams.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
You do not present a personality that will make it in Ukraine. I don't mean with women. I mean generally.

If you want to know what living there is like, read krimster's old posts. He had an accurate take on the country.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:14:21 PM by SANDRO43 »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

Which side ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
Which side ?

In Trenchcoat's case, probably all four!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
You do not present a personality that will make it in Ukraine. I don't mean with women. I mean generally.

If you want to know what living there is like, read krimster's old posts. He had an accurate take on the country.

Well I read one of his posts:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=7049.0

This was back in 2008 though I get the impression is still much the same now. Yes I know its not a 'civilized' country like in the West but living in more rougher conditions is not a problem for me I can exist perfectly at ease in such surroundings.

What you are saying/what I gather from this is that girls are generally either looking to get out of Ukraine as all the areas/living situations are generally of a poor standard in almost all places or they are looking to dupe a foreign guy into giving them stuff since resources are scarce in Ukraine.

I knew most Ukrainians are dirt poor and sometimes it is easy to lose contact with how dirt poor. Perhaps this is the reason my girl doesn't want me to visit, or perhaps she has a bf or something else I don't know. Like I say she acted strangely if this is the case when I was with her more like a spoilt LA teen than someone from a poor background that appreciates how much stuff is worth, not let anything go to waste.

I admit I was taken a little by her, I am not usually but I thought there was a chance for a real relationship there and so it was worth not being so tight for a little while. This was a mistake and if anything made matters worse not better. I have learned form this. I am not usually taken in by anyone, especially not strangers which I normally give a wide berth particularly if anything comes across out of place/unusual. I don't usually step forward to do anything as I don't like to draw attention to myself.

I know as a foreigner I am going to immediately be seen as a source of money/someone to be had. I will of course do my best to avoid this. I am not looking to live somewhere there permanently, just long enough to meet girls, get into a domestic situation with her then make a move. But I need to see the girl in her home environment to know the full picture about her. I understand that less girls may want to see me than on a foreign dating site (maybe none) but I just need to take that chance and find out if I can find someone this way. 

Offline msmob

what I gather from this is that girls are generally either looking to get out of Ukraine as all the areas/living situations are generally of a poor standard in almost all places or they are looking to dupe a foreign guy into giving them stuff since resources are scarce in Ukraine.

It certainly wasn't what Boethius was saying ... it's more the woman you found

As ever you just cannot take in what folks are saying in your mother tongue...Good luck with living in a FSU nation ...

Why not try to live in a Baltic State or Cyprus?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

As ever you just cannot take in what folks are saying in your mother tongue...Good luck with living in a FSU nation ...

Why what was she saying?

You know Baltic states are FSU nations ;D Why you say live in Baltic State or Cyprus?

Offline BillyB

My wife prefers to own big house, land, white picket fence, dogs and cats, and 2.5 kids. Although Ukraine will always be close to her heart, she prefers the American dream.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Why what was she saying?

Read, man ... read...  She wrote in English - you are beyond spoon-feeding

You know Baltic states are FSU nations ;D [/quote]

Why you say live in Baltic State or Cyprus?

Because they are in the EU and you might earn some money there and in order of writing ) Lithuania,  Latvia and Estonia have increasing percentages of Russian speakers

Cyprus ( Limassol - particularly ) has a high percentage of RU speakers - how I know Russian

You WILL 'drown'  in  Ukraine or Russia .... you will be relying too much on acquaintances or those willing to 'help' ..Give up this crazy idea of living there. Unless you are adept at languages or have a permanent translator !

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
You WILL 'drown'  in  Ukraine or Russia .... you will be relying too much on acquaintances or those willing to 'help' ..Give up this crazy idea of living there. Unless you are adept at languages or have a permanent translator !

I agree 100%. I live here Trench and I'm telling you if you don't have a solid grasp of the language and culture you will live a lonely, lonely life. As has been said a million times before, if you can't get a good, decent, attractive woman at home, you won't find one here either. They will use you for your money then toss you aside. You're not savvy enough to pull this off.

The ideas you have are nothing but a fantasy Trench.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 11:27:14 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Read, man ... read...  She wrote in English - you are beyond spoon-feeding

You know Baltic states are FSU nations ;D

Because they are in the EU and you might earn some money there and in order of writing ) Lithuania,  Latvia and Estonia have increasing percentages of Russian speakers

Cyprus ( Limassol - particularly ) has a high percentage of RU speakers - how I know Russian

So women looking for a guy abroad are looking for a dream of a better life. Like BillyB puts it a nice place to live, decent bit of space/living conditions, and other benefits? How do you know if the girl will be satisfied with that and not toss you aside once here and take you for half in divorce? i.e is she interested in you as part of that dream or just the rest of the dream life.

My girl has since stated that she is not interested in living in Cyprus. Surely Cyprus is a nice place to love it seemed that way to me. Why does she think UK would be better than Cyprus? Nothing against UK but I don't think it's all that, i.e weather in winter not all that great, etc.

Baltic States I have never been to but I assume English is not widely spoken. The currency may hold its value more than ghrivna if that's Wat you mean.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
What would be a good living situation for her locally?

You are looking at this the wrong way. You are thinking that you can offer a better life.
That certainly helps, but the thing that you need to write down on paper and put it on
the refrigerator is that

"You have to win her heart"

That's the goal, that's what you want, that's what you need. That's how you have a
partner in crime, that's how you don't have to worry about scams, or getting pro-dated, 
or all the other crap that you worry about. 

You are trying to make a logical case in matters of the heart. You won't win an FSUW's
heart by logic. You have to get her to love you or dump her and find another girl to love
you. I am all about using logic and reason, especially when choosing to pursue or reject
an FSUW, but she isn't going to select you and she isn't going to fall in love with you
because of logic. 

You've heard that FSUW can be pragmatic. That means if handsome Johnny Flowers is
writing her, but you get on a plane, handsome Johnny Flowers gets kicked to the curb
because you are a man of action who wins the girl while Johnny Flowers lingered. 

I can tell you how to be a man of action and still be the cheap @ss that you are.

Take charge and drive the bus.
You decide the plan for the day, the week, the trip. You get points for taking charge
and then you don't need to spend a bunch of money. Somewhere along the line you
stopped (or never did) that.

You ask a girl out for a date at ______________ cafe where nothing on the menu costs
more than five bucks.

Next date you have a walk to see X, Y and Z free sites and a museum that costs $4 for
both of you and you have a picnic lunch at the park. You buy some mushrooms, veggies
olive oil and a fish or some meat and a $4 bottle of wine and you have a romantic dinner
in your apartment.

As long as you are leading the way, nobody knows that you are a cheap @ss b@stard,
because you are keeping things moving and spending all your time around her. A good
girl will happily have picnics, walks in parks and see the sites in her country. She is
proud of her country and will love showing it to you. She wants you to lead the way.
How do you think she got that cute little popka? It was by walking and seeing and
doing stuff.

You have already loused up the ability to do this with your current girl, but now you
know what to do when you find the next girl.

Drive the bus and don't dither, dally or demur.  Win the girls heart and stop worrying
about stuff that will never happen if she's in love with you.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
If a girl loves you she will follow you anywhere
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »

My girl has since stated that she is not interested in living in Cyprus.

My girl followed me to North Dakota. It's a miserable, desolate place in the middle of nowhere
and with nothing to do. The population of the entire state is less than the city that she lived in
The State is 75% of the size of the UK and the population is slightly more than 1% of the
UK. The weather is colder in the winter and hotter in the summer and always windy it had
at least a dozen types of bugs that bit, stung or sucked blood.

Your current girl had potential, so you correctly pursued her to see if she was the one. Maybe
she is for somebody, but not you. You made an investment in time, money, emotions and effort
and it didn't work out. Part of it is certainly your fault, part of it hers, but do you really see
pouring more time, effort, emotion and money in this girl is going to make her follow you
to Cyprus or North Dakota or the Falkland Islands?

If yes, then do it. If no then dump her and move on.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:40:32 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
You are looking at this the wrong way...

Well picnic I think she would go for, in fact I missed this one when in Cyprus but then again I would have to buy a picnic rug , something to carry the carry the picnic stuff in and food - she would no doubt not accept the cheap stuff on any of these. If I prepared it somewhat in advance/had at least the basket and rug with me then it could help.

She is not into Museums and sight seeing at all - in fact I think it is a big turn off for her so I know not to even venture on that one. I quite like it but know that a lot of it can get too much.

I see what you are saying Bill - I made a mistake on the Cyprus trip of trying to please her by thinking of stuff we could both get with, do some of the stuff she would want to do. This was a big mistake as it appears she just mainly wanted to do shopping and she took the p*ss.

I kind of quite like the girl in some ways but it annoys me that she would set to damage our relationship by doing that. You are right next time I will drive the bus, control what we do or I know it will not work out.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
My girl followed me to North Dakota. It's a miserable, desolate place in the middle of nowhere
and with nothing to do. The population of the entire state is less than the city that she lived in.
The weather was colder in the winter and hotter in the summer and always windy it had at
least a dozen types of bugs that bit, stung or sucked blood.

Your current girl had potential, so you correctly pursued her to see if she was the one. Maybe
she is for somebody, but not you. You made an investment in time, money, emotions and effort
and it didn't work out. Part of it is certainly your fault, part of it hers, but do you really see
pouring more time, effort, emotion and money in this girl is going to make her follow you
to Cyprus or North Dakota or the Falkland Islands?

If yes, then do it. If no then dump her and move on.

I see what you are saying if she is going to X place for the dream then that may not include me once she is there...I need a girl that wants to be with me wherever I am/go. She does not want to live with me in Ukraine - yes she has some reasonable economic reasons for not doing so. That does not apply so much to Cyprus where we could both get jobs. For some reason though she is fixated on UK - she says because it is where I live/want to see how I live. I just find her questionable and she has messed up our relationship through her personal actions and decisions. At this moment in time she is not really there in terms of wanting to be with me wherever and that is a problem. So I have to consider looking elsewhere.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

I was reflecting on this earlier while taking a bath and had time to think it through (mhr's post also). Yes I can see that those that don't score highly on personality will be seen as weak and easy prey if living in Ukraine. This would be an instant detriment to nearly all girls being met as it would be an evident image to many of them so I would be vulnerable to them seeking money, scams, etc off me and also the population in general. Because of low personality scoring I would not be regarded as on the inside track with them but rather as someone to give a one dimensional idea of who they are to me while they just view me as someone to be played for what they can get.

The very same of course is probably how many western guys are viewed that are looking for a relationship abroad if they score low on personality that they are just there to be played for what they can get. Those girls that have high social intelligence will see them as easy to play.

Ukraine may not be the place for me and I may need to think of elsewhere in FSU where its not such a scam fest. I don't want to keep running into the same issue of girls that are resource hungry and a culture of stripping foreigners of what they can get. I want a real relationship.

Offline BillyB

I want a real relationship.

Many of the girls in the FSU want the same thing. If you're a good, reasonable, intelligent man and can provide a good environment to raise a family, you will have plenty of women to choose from. Do you feel you're in a position to attract family oriented women? If not, you need to figure out how to get there.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

I see now what you are saying now I have had time to reflect as I replied above to Boethius - a guy that does not do well personality wise will be taken for a ride by most girls in Ukraine - that I  (and many other guys also) would be vulnerable to this happening a lot there.

Living in a country that is more in my control could be preferable to avoid this. Cyprus I'm not sure if they are enough Russian women that would match what I am looking for- plus the weather in summer is scorchingly hot for my more more fairer skin.

Baltic States might be a better option - I would have to look into it :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Many of the girls in the FSU want the same thing. If you're a good, reasonable, intelligent man and can provide a good environment to raise a family, you will have plenty of women to choose from. Do you feel you're in a position to attract family oriented women? If not, you need to figure out how to get there.

Ok, well Personality wise - low marks, Looks - at least reasonably high but can be improved with working out which I am now working on. Money - good by FSU standards but ok to mediocre by UK standards - I'm focusing on improving this at the moment. Could I provide a good environment to raise a family well I don't own a big house, just a small one, my parents own a larger one in a wealthy area but even that is not real big like mansion or anything. Like I say by FSU apartment block standards even my small house is no doubt an improvement. It depends what image if any they have in mind for lifestyle.

Intelligence I score quite well on. Problem is with current girl she is quite intelligent too, she's pretty but no bimbo. I get the impression she is quite good personality wise also. So she can solve problems easily herself it looks. I think I need a girl that is more of a bimbo that struggles with problems and how to solve stuff/go about matters. If a girl has a weakness here then any social intelligence she has she is likely to not see me as prey as she would be reliant on me for more intellectual stuff - solving her problems. So a relationship of co-dependency and a good match.

i.e so not so much uni girls, perhaps those girls that struggle academically or girls that are very intellectual but lacking in social skills also so not a threat?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:15:53 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline JayH

Intelligence I score quite well on.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
 :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

Just for the record  ( this guy TC spouts so much absolute garbage it is impossible to be motivated to comment on all of it) and others that might be mislead--

On the apartment blocks that he speaks of in such derogatory terms-- first off --my bet is this guy has not seen the inside of  a renovated apartment other than a short exposure to a rental ( & noting his history-he will have gone for the low end in $ terms) .
Decent apartments are of western standard.
Some newer buildings the entrance and public areas are of western standard -- and I mean in better buildings and areas in the west.
The older type apartment blocks can be less than salubrious in the public areas -- but inside of apartment may have been transformed -- to excellent.
The home reno stores are thriving in Ukraine now -- with the larger type stores not to different to the west > Even the markets offer many choices for the home renovator.
Apartments that have not had a full update -- can still be comfortable enough -- so please do not get lost thinking FSUW are living in slums --it is simply not the case.

:wallbash:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM