It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 264250 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #850 on: November 26, 2014, 05:14:45 PM »
How many times do I have to tell you, ML?  You really need to send her to a dermatologist to get rid of those facial skin problems!  :ROFL:

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #851 on: November 26, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
ML,

Please give Ochka my congratulations for the university teaching job.  JB's wife did the same in their neck of the woods, math department as well.

Did Ochka not expect a real "woodsman" to strap on a pair of steel spiked tree climbers and top the tree.  Looks like a black oak. 

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #852 on: November 27, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
Spent a few hours after 6 PM at pre-Black Friday sale.

Bought a 1 TB portable HD for $39 and two 32 GB thumb drives for $7 each.  Some flannel shirts for the both of us for $7 each.  A HP printer for $29 which included two print cartridges which cost total of $38 if purchased separately.  Several other items for $4 which regularly sold for $10-20.

Missed out on what we wanted.  WalMart was selling standard entry level HP laptops for $159 which were priced regularly at $249.  Were going to buy a couple for Ochka to take back to Ukraine next summer.  There, such machines sell for $400 +.  But they were already all spoken for with wrist bands by the time we arrived.  I asked, and sales person said they had 40 in stock.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #853 on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:08 PM »
A couple of days ago, I got invitation for myself + guest, to attend cocktail party at University President's house.  Probably my contributions.

Ochka is all in a dither thinking she shouldn't go because her name wasn't specifically written on the invitation.  I told her that is what + guest means, but she says she never heard of this in Ukraine.  Also she thinks an entry level Instructor probably shouldn't show up at President's house.

I calmed all her concerns about these factors . . . so now her only thing to worry about is . . . what to wear.  I told her women will show up wearing everything from formal long gowns to jeans.  That didn't seem to help her decision making process  much!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #854 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
A couple of days ago, I got invitation for myself + guest, to attend cocktail party at University President's house.  Probably my contributions.

Ochka is all in a dither thinking she shouldn't go because her name wasn't specifically written on the invitation.  I told her that is what + guest means, but she says she never heard of this in Ukraine.  Also she thinks an entry level Instructor probably shouldn't show up at President's house.

I calmed all her concerns about these factors . . . so now her only thing to worry about is . . . what to wear.  I told her women will show up wearing everything from formal long gowns to jeans.  That didn't seem to help her decision making process  much!!

I suspect she will be the best dressed lady at the party.  Congratulations.   :)

Offline ML

« Reply #855 on: November 28, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Did Ochka not expect a real "woodsman" to strap on a pair of steel spiked tree climbers and top the tree.  Looks like a black oak.

Gator, good eye on the black oak.

No, she didn't expect such.
In fact, she was very leery of me doing this at all.
I told her I had dropped many such trees, but she had never seen me or anyone do this.
She was very nervous, but pleased with the result.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #856 on: November 29, 2014, 01:38:07 PM »
Ochka is now back in USA and working.
She had OPT program with EAD card and was getting close to the 90 days allowed unemployment.
She had standing job offer at a University to work in the various math labs, tutor sessions, grading, etc. And in Spring, she will be instructor in her own math classes.
Just curious as to how she got around the labor certification issue? It is not allowed to hire a non-resident (except H1B) if qualified citizens are available.  I would think there would be many quallfied US math majors.

Offline ML

« Reply #857 on: November 29, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
Those on OPT are exempt from the various rules you refer to.
I think this is because OPT is a relatively short term employment authorization.
All foreign students who complete a degree in USA are eligible for 12 months of OPT.
STEM graduates can get 17 additional months.

Offline ML

« Reply #858 on: December 09, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
We went to College of Arts & Sciences Christmas party on Friday night.  Ochka looked great in a red dress and gold jewelry.

Went to University President's party on Sunday afternoon.
Ochka looked great in a 'little black dress' and pearls.

Final exams start Thursday, so Ochka will be busy with a lot of exam proctoring and grading.

Offline ML

« Reply #859 on: December 09, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
I always tell Ochka to get her teeth checked out when she is in Ukraine, because of the high cost here.

We did take her a couple of years ago to my dentist because something was bothering her.  Dentist said nothing was wrong and didn't charge anything.  The dentist did say that all of her previous work done in Ukraine looked very good, and better than most she had seen from Eastern Europe.  So we lucked out there.

However, last week, a piece of filling and a piece of tooth broke off.

So we made an appointment for a couple of weeks hence to get that fixed.

With initial exam fee, all the x-rays, the filling, etc., I suspect we are looking at $500 or more.  Ochka is really upset at this as it would cost less than $100 in Ukraine.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #860 on: December 09, 2014, 11:35:51 PM »
I always tell Ochka to get her teeth checked out when she is in Ukraine, because of the high cost here.

We did take her a couple of years ago to my dentist because something was bothering her.  Dentist said nothing was wrong and didn't charge anything.  The dentist did say that all of her previous work done in Ukraine looked very good, and better than most she had seen from Eastern Europe.  So we lucked out there.

However, last week, a piece of filling and a piece of tooth broke off.

So we made an appointment for a couple of weeks hence to get that fixed.

With initial exam fee, all the x-rays, the filling, etc., I suspect we are looking at $500 or more.  Ochka is really upset at this as it would cost less than $100 in Ukraine.

Sure but her monthly salary in Ukraine was probably only about $200 and now she makes probably 20 times that or more.

Offline Gator

« Reply #861 on: December 10, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »
... so Ochka will be busy with a lot of exam proctoring...

My last proctology exam was uncomfortable.  Maybe Ochka can refer me to someone else.   

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #862 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:41 AM »
She probably will need a crown because the filing is large and the tooth could break. So the cost will be much higher. She could also need a root canel.

Offline ML

« Reply #863 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
It is possible that our days of 'living in sin' may be coming to an end.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #864 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »
My last proctology exam was uncomfortable.  Maybe Ochka can refer me to someone else.

;D ;D ;D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #865 on: December 15, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
It is possible that our days of 'living in sin' may be coming to an end.

Congratulations!   :clapping:  Who asked whom?  :devil:

Offline ML

« Reply #866 on: January 05, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
She probably will need a crown because the filing is large and the tooth could break. So the cost will be much higher. She could also need a root canel.

Very prophetic Wayne.  See under my thread in the Married Section.

Offline ML

« Reply #867 on: January 05, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
Congratulations!   :clapping:  Who asked whom?  :devil:

Probably not very romantic, but . . . nobody asked anybody.

We both had used the 'marry' word in many conversations over the past 4-5 years or so.

But had never discussed the actual event or timing thereof.

When we brought up the subject again after she  returned from Ukraine in September . . . she said that we had a pretty good arrangement already and she was content to continue as is.

But then we talked about the hassle of visa renewals, the tax savings for me if I could file as 'married,' the benefits to her of getting my SS after I died, etc.

So we both just said:  OK, let's do it before the end of the year 2014.

And, no pre-nups.

I have always been a strong proponent of pre-nups but decided it wasn't really necessary for me at this point in time.

First, she has a substantial amount of money of her own and is going to inherit even more from her parents, so I know she isn't marrying me out of desperation to provide for her future financial security.

Second, I have been disposing of a lot of business and real estate assets and have completed the task of setting up trust funds for my future grandchildren.

Third, I have transferred ownership of a couple of rental houses to my children with provision for a life estate for me in those houses if I need a place to live.

Fourth, I am getting of the age in which I really wouldn't give a sheeeet if she were to leave me and get a huge settlement from my assets in a divorce.

I would probably be content to go off to a mountainside cabin and live on social security income.  I have had a pretty fantastic life in general, have seen much more of the world than most, have spent time with dozens of interesting women, so I can be content with reminiscing now.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #868 on: January 05, 2015, 07:26:26 PM »
Congratulations ML!
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #869 on: January 05, 2015, 07:32:53 PM »
Congratulations ML!

Thanks Bill.

I have a thread reporting this event over in the Married section.

Seems that section doesn't get as many viewers as other sections.

Offline ML

« Reply #870 on: February 16, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »
Interesting to go back and review this X years later.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1950
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM