It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: GROUND-BREAKING STUDY! Survey of Cross-Cultural Marriage and Divorce, RELEASED  (Read 12152 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
As you all know, the first ever formal study into issues of Cross-Cultural Marriage and Divorce was commissioned by RWD' parent organization in mid-July of this year. Since then we have been busy collecting data, validating responses, and analyzing results.

Attached is our presentation of findings with reference to the Statistics Solutions, Inc. report and endorsement.

Some of these results have been released here at RWD previously, and it has proven interesting to see how our pre-conceived notions of the answers line up with the factual data collected in our survey. (ref. Divorce Rate, Age Difference, and Causes of Divorce)

As in any study, there are aspects that might have been improved, or that are simply not best-served by the particular methodology and approach we chose to employ. While there are some who will question validity of the results, my challenge to them is really quite simple. Until and unless another organization (or individual) produces a more credible product, the results found herein are the most credible ever produced. We welcome any and all future efforts to refine, expand, or even refute - the results we publish here. Our goal from the outset has been to get at the truth through facts, and if there is a subsequent study that improves upon what we have accomplished here - we welcome that effort.

Enjoy!

- Dan

Offline Ronnie

• Trips: None (yet)
I think it could be said that couples divorce when both feel they can financially afford to.  Fewer RW would feel so independent which might reflect their greater willingness to stick it out.

The economy seems to be producing a decline in American divorces according to this article.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/divorce-rates-drop-couples-stay-tight-finances/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:48:29 PM by Ronnie »
Ronnie
Fourth year now living in Ukraine.  Speak Russian, Will Answer Questions.

Offline kievstar

Is there a way to figure out the divorce rate % in the sample of men who met their wives on tours?  Also, only Russia and Ukraine women.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trips: > 10
Is there a way to figure out the divorce rate % in the sample of men who met their wives on tours?  Also, only Russia and Ukraine women.

We asked the question of whether or not the respondent worked with an International Marriage Broker, so we have that information. It is NOT the same as asking if they met on a "tour" - partly because that term has a pretty broad range of definitions.

We also have the data to determine a Russia versus Ukraine view of results.

At this point, I am busy just handling the basics, so anything further will have to wait.

- Dan

Offline mspanky

I think it could be said that couples divorce when both feel they can financially afford to.  Fewer RW would feel so independent which might reflect their greater willingness to stick it out.

The economy seems to be producing a decline in American divorces according to this article.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/divorce-rates-drop-couples-stay-tight-finances/

That makes sense across all cultures. Economics does have a bug influence on staying in an unhappy marriage.  I can imagine it would be difficult to live in a foreign country,with limited language skills,limited career skills and being unhappy in a marriage. The luxury to up and leave is not quite as available as the same FW who were raised in the U.S.

I would say though the divorce rate may be high after the green card arrives. I imagine a few do stick it out even if unhappy because financially they cannot take care of themselves. You also have people who send money back home and have family that rely on that extra income.

I would say in any western marriage about 25% of couples are truly happy. In FW/AM marriages. probably about 50% of the men are happy and less than 25% of women are truly happy. We men are absolutely oblivious to women's feelings. I've met men with FW who look giddy as hell to have such a catch. But the women's faces rarely reflect the same love and giddiness.

Wasn't there a report once that said 99% of AM were in love with their foreign brides  before marrying her.  Yet only a small percentage of the FW were in love with the AM. Most of the FW hoped to fall in love with the man later,but the majority were not in love before marriage.. I wonder how honest they were with their American husbands. I doubt any of these guys did not believe the wives were just as in love than they were.

Offline djfourmonie

Considering I haven't been in awhile, I read the survey and found it interesting.

Thanks for sharing

Offline buoidienpro

Why can't I print it to read it easier?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541380