It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Being a gentleman or a chump?  (Read 61407 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Being a gentleman or a chump?
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »

No, he isn't.  His point has always been that the inhabitants of a country who support their country's illegal invasion of another country are morally bankrupt.  That is not scaremongering.

Exactly correct.  I and many other thinking men would not want to be involved with such persons.

Here in my area, there has been a general movement toward excluding Russians from social groups, except for those who openly and aggressively speak out against the Russian actions coming from the motherland.

Recently, a hiring decision went against a highly qualified ethnic Russian for the same reason (although never stated, of course).  In a general luncheon discussion, he voiced total support for Putin's actions in Ukraine.

For an example, look back at historical treatment of recent German immigrants during WWI and WWII.
And it doesn't have to be an actual war or even a declared war.

Not even to mention ethnic Japanese.

Most thinking men/men would not want to put them and children through this.

http://www.immigrantentrepreneurship.org/entry.php?rec=214
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
::) I think you need to revisit my post and what I commented on because that answer made no sense whatsoever.

No, I got what you posted.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2019, 01:47:56 PM »
I'd go with the "I'm not German, I'm Swiss!" defense

my oldest totally rocks the Russian thing, wears Russian T-Shirts
my favorite of hers is the one with Gagarin saying in Russian "I see no God"
on victory day she'll wear her G-Grandfather's Hero of the Soviet Union medal to school
when we lived in Sevastopol, I dressed my daughters as little partisans and they marched in the victory day parade
good times...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »
Beel,

I have been in Russia more recently and I believe you are mistaken re RW attidute to moving overseas

I think there is heightened interest in western partners in Russia...

What was the percentage of MOB women in Russia during the hay day
of Yeltsin? It was never more than a few percent. Most RW/FSUW have
always wanted to stay in Russia/their own country. They did during the
hay days of Yeltsin and they still do now.

Your anecdotal experience is insignificant.

HOWEVER, I think you misunderstood the context of my comments.
My comments were about the guys. Why do they go to Ukraine more
than they go to other places like Russia. If you read my comments in
that light I think you would tend to agree that both Gator and Boe's
comments are not mutually exclusive. 

[Edit to add] 
attidute: The effect of good whiskey on your opinion of the dude 
buying it for you. 

attitoot: The effect of good whiskey on how much gas you pass the
next day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:56:08 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »
Russia and Ukraine have a completely different “vibe”
it’s like the difference between Weimar and Nazi Germany
the stuff you can get away with in Kyiv is amazing
in Moscow you can get busted for Jay Walking in an empty street

Yeah I noticed I different vibe when I visited Moscow straight after Kiev. Moscow had a far more control vibe, Kiev more of an archaic vibe.

I looked at the areas you mentioned Krim quite recently in your other post. They seemed good places to check out so may do when I can get more time on my hands. Looked also at Moldova, the women there all seem to have a Romanian/Gypsy look. For me it's not really the look I dig, I'm far more attracted to the Slavic girl look.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »
definitely a different vibe....

yeah, I know what you're saying about the Moldovan look, but that's what I "dig on"
but like Ukraine, Moldova has diversity so I've met nordic blondes there as well
all the Moldovan women I met were very sincere and very easy going
and really happy to spend time with a Western guy
and I did see some REALLY beautiful women there
just not as many as Ukraine
it'd be even easier meeting women there and the conditions that make Ukraine such a great spot makes Moldova an even greater one
almost no WM go there
Odessa to kishiniv is maybe 150 miles

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:18 PM »
So, what about places like L’viv? Is that a little further away from the whole sex tourism/professional dating mess?

Think less sex tourism more tourism with a capital T. In the last decade Lviv has been turned into a tourist Mecca, many lovely themed restaurants and tourist attractions to visit. It's a lovely place around the medieval old town, and the women are stunning who strut around there, pretty and real tarted up. Problem is that the place after a few days or so starts to feel what it has become - a massive tourist trap and the charm of the place wears if as the standard phony tourist scene becomes all to apparent. Unfortunately even a lot of the medieval facades are now being done up to perfection and the flaky old style charm of the place is in the process of being lost. On the outskirts of the old town more of the more authentic looking flaky old medieval facades can be seen.

Women, well you can bring them up for meets of the usual sites like fdate, I did with a couple. They can have a different outlook to other girls more in the Ukrainian heartland, Lviv city centre at least has a western European city feel, standard tower blocks on the outskirts though. The tourist industry is dominated heavily by Ukrainian tourists but after a little while you'll see that it caters on a modest scale to foreign tourists mostly German and English. Not many German or English go there compared to Ukraians though which of course is good in a way.

So no there are not the dating industry problems as such, but even still Ukrainian girls are Ukrainian girls even in Lviv. Much the same dating rules and expectations and mechanics apply. They seem to look up to western culture out that way, wear some well known western fashion brands and you'll get noticed. I would say Lviv women are more in touch with western culture than in other parts of Ukraine.

I wouldn't on the whole say it is any less scan free though so be cautious of all Ukrainians there, it's the same culture/society at the end of the day.

One issue with Lviv is that despite it being a lovely place to be, even if alone it is not a big city so while you won't likely suffer nearly as many pro daters percentage wise your immediate pool of women is limited online. So you would really need some idea of how to access more women plus as it's a nice area less women may be willing to move. A girl I met there told me the creation of a Tourist industry there has provided a lot of work and turned the place around. Street pickup is not easy there I would say as the layout of the place doesn't seem to lend itself easily to that. Some guys still do it but I don't think it's the easiest place for a foreigner to do it as far less people speak English there than in say Kiev, if anything they seem to speak German more, hope this helps.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
£100 ? a one off Tourist visa would be Trench's style..  A yeats's biz visa ( max for a UK citizen ) costs a LOT more - including the invitation - defo keeps Russia Trench-free ;)

:( Mobes is right, us UK guys pay through the ear for Russian visas. Would love to be able to get the three year ones US etc guys get, then I would definitely go to Russia.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »
Lviv's city centre looks much like it did in Soviet times, though painted now.

As for culture, no, Western Ukrainian culture is a little different from Central Ukraine, and there are historical reasons for that.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »
I'd go with the "I'm not German, I'm Swiss!" defense

my oldest totally rocks the Russian thing, wears Russian T-Shirts
my favorite of hers is the one with Gagarin saying in Russian "I see no God"
on victory day she'll wear her G-Grandfather's Hero of the Soviet Union medal to school
when we lived in Sevastopol, I dressed my daughters as little partisans and they marched in the victory day parade
good times...

I love Russian culture and history, I think having a shared history/heritage is a great when it's with such an intriguing culture.

Other cultures though I find less so, so for me it makes sense searching for a girl from a culture I appreciate.

Looked online at Molavdian girls but thought those with blonde hair dyed it that way. The girls all seemed tanned and of dark complexion.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »
:( Mobes is right, us UK guys pay through the ear for Russian visas. Would love to be able to get the three year ones US etc guys get, then I would definitely go to Russia.

Perhaps you would also love the airfares from the US to Russia?   ;D
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline LAman

« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »

I don't know, last couple trips to Moscow under $600. Which included 2 meals, liquor and some good movies...… since they put in in-seat screens, time seems to fly by.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2019, 06:44:25 PM »
Odessa has a certain historical "notoriety" for criminality
After trying to locate criminal history/activity in Ukraine I failed to find the city of Odessa even mentioned from the onset....  http://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=24286
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Ukraine
Specifically http://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Odesa....
  Crime Index: 53.40 Safety Index: 46.60 There is a moderate concern of "being insulted"
Violent crimes such as assault and armed robbery =39.79 Low
 Compare to Kherson...
assault and armed robbery=27.08 low
Where does the bad rap for Odessa come from?
Odessa is a port city and typically, port cities do have disproportionate transient derelict/vagabonds.
 I do know that the heat there can be somewhat unforgiving of delinquency.
  Who here has been to Odessa and has had a criminal mess with them?

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »
i've been to O-des-sa many, many times
my paternal grandfather was born there and lived in Moldavanka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Odessa

from wikipedia

Cultural image of Odessa

To a significant extent the image of Odessa in Russophone culture is influenced by The Odessa Tales of Isaak Babel. Odessa is often referred to by the collocation "Odessa Mama" (Mom Odessa), a term that originated in Russian criminal (blatnoy) subculture. The reputation of the city as a criminal center originated in Imperial Russian times and the early Soviet era, and is similar to the reputation of Al Capone era Chicago.

I am a descendant on my father's side of Jewish mobsters from Odessa who moved to Philadelphia and little Odessa and setup shop there
it's why Russian was not allowed to be spoken in my home when I was a child, even though my older relatives were quite fluent in it
if my mother wasn’t a shiksa I’d be in Solntsevskaya Bratva probably banking

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:43:06 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »

Who here has been to Odessa and has had a criminal mess with them?

That is not the point . . . and criminals (other than petty thieves) generally don't mess around with tourists.

But, there was the man whose gal set him up to be attacked by her criminal friends who severely beat him and stole his money and other items.
I forget the details, but it was widely reported and discussed here and in other media.

The more relevant point is that the people there (and the gals which are of importance to guys here) have a criminal mindset or are accepting a criminal mindset as normal.

The above probably due to the port city status which is ripe for all sorts of crime mostly related to shipments in and out.  Ordinary gals probably were mostly involved in fleecing the sailors and this practice became more general to all sorts of visiting guys.

I know that from my visits to probably around 25 or more FSU cities (mostly for business) that there was definitely more of a shady character action from the business people and non-business women that I interacted with.

In fact, it is the only city in FSU that I recommend totally avoiding.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2019, 03:09:58 AM »
What was the percentage of MOB women in Russia during the hay day
of Yeltsin? It was never more than a few percent. Most RW/FSUW have
always wanted to stay in Russia/their own country. They did during the
hay days of Yeltsin and they still do now.

I have no idea of the percentage, but I most certainly disagree with your assertion - ass if they were on international dating sites - that was hinting they would consider leaving the Rondina for Mr Right ...;)

Your anecdotal experience is insignificant.

Over the two times I was on the scene, I corresponded with  / met ladies from all over UA / RU and even tried mamba.ru - when it was worth a punt for a WM who could correspond in 'Russian'.. My 'insignificant' experiences were with international and local ( to UA/ RU ) dating sites and includes present day RU ladies who still seek a WM

HOWEVER, I think you misunderstood the context of my comments.
My comments were about the guys. Why do they go to Ukraine more
than they go to other places like Russia. If you read my comments in
that light I think you would tend to agree that both Gator and Boe's
comments are not mutually exclusive. 

[Edit to add] 
attidute: The effect of good whiskey on your opinion of the dude 
buying it for you. 

attitoot: The effect of good whiskey on how much gas you pass the
next day.

I DID misconstrue your point ...   but sadly no Whiskey was consumed ..  SC was winding me up ( all day) sending me images with Yulia ( v.late thirties with a daughter - and looking for a 'nice man' ) and Irina with 'artistic poses'

( PS Yulia speaks English to a better std than many 'late 30's RW)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:11:40 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2019, 04:26:03 AM »
I assume by 'nice man' she means a rich guy, lol

Offline msmob

« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2019, 04:36:25 AM »

Someone who does not have misogynistic traits ? 

Trust you to think it is all about dosh .. :wallbash:

Yulia is a nice girl and we both like her - a lot - so you - of all people - do not stand a chance, matey ....

You stick to your pig in a poke Kyiv Park exploits

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2019, 04:45:57 AM »
I don't know, last couple trips to Moscow under $600. Which included 2 meals, liquor and some good movies...… since they put in in-seat screens, time seems to fly by.

I was paying $600pp to Moscow 25 years ago, then around $125 foreigner price, $40 Russian citizen price inside Russia. Later $800 when Lufthansa started their one stops to Yekaterinburg via Munich. For $200 I got to remove a stop, remove 5 hours travel time,  and avoid flying in a Tupolev

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2019, 05:13:58 AM »
Someone who does not have misogynistic traits ? 

Trust you to think it is all about dosh .. :wallbash:

Yulia is a nice girl and we both like her - a lot - so you - of all people - do not stand a chance, matey ....

You stick to your pig in a poke Kyiv Park exploits

I don't know sounds like a Leave voting dude would fit in well with you all ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2019, 07:07:01 AM »

There is a huge difference between rich guy and near poverty guy.
I have a 28 year old son. I don't know of a single one of his friends
who doesn't make double what you do. None of them are rich guys
(yet).

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2019, 07:12:49 AM »
So, what about places like L’viv? Is that a little further away from the whole sex tourism/professional dating mess?

I think you can find a good girl most anywhere in the FSU. I would tend to
stay away from the MOB industry hot beds, and L'viv qualifies as not being
thick with the MOB industry.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2019, 07:16:36 AM »
sending me images with Yulia ( v.late thirties with a daughter - and looking for a 'nice man' ) and Irina with 'artistic poses'

( PS Yulia speaks English to a better std than many 'late 30's RW)

Yulia is very cute.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2019, 07:19:16 AM »

Trench makes less than $19K per year. He needs to get a real
job before bothering anymore woman in the FSU.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2019, 08:34:16 AM »
Trench makes less than $19K per year. He needs to get a real
job before bothering anymore woman in the FSU.

With a pay rise that has just come through I make £16.5k a year now which is approx $21.5k. That's at a historically low exchange rate of around $1.30 ish to the pound if we took the medium of around $1.60 to the pound as in more usual times it would be a lot more in dollars. I've always tended to get the impression that it tends to be easier for US workers to get paid more than UK workers. There are bigger economies of scale in the US owing to bring the larger size of the country and the far larger companies that work within it.

Take Walmart of instance, they dominate in the US, but when they bought out ASDA about twenty years back now they failed to dominate in the UK market in the same way since it's far harder for companies to have as big a consumer base in the UK owing to out small size.

I think in the case of Yuliya here, yeah she seems a pretty girl and nice & sweet. Still with a child, beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes. There are many attractive looking girls in the FSU, problem Yuliya will have is getting a WM to coming and choose her.

Main thing is too many FSW I get the impression have too much of an unrealistic expectation of what they can get. Most think they will be getting millionaires but if they toned down their expectations they could end up in a better place with someone rather than with no one at all.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2001
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1992
Total: 2002

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM