It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The problem of a lack of Available Women in the world  (Read 12632 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The problem of a lack of Available Women in the world
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »
Found this report recently about the problem of too many men in China and India and the social problems it creates in society:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/long-reads/article/2142658/too-many-men-china-and-india-battle-consequences

I see the UK and the US, Canada, Australia, etc having the same problem but here it's a hidden problem. Here in theory there are enough looking at the stats, but in reality the amount of available women is probably similar to China and India.

Here it may be surmised as a rough estimate that about a this if the women are too fat and obese for most men to contemplate as a going concern. Another third of women are only able to feel love for their job and/or don't want children as the next rung in the career ladder is all that is in their sights.

That leaves roughly a third of women that roughly qualify for what most men want, a reasonable woman who they can have children with. Note this is working on the basis that gay & lesbians will roughly equal each other out. Same for those with bad mental health problems, bad character traits, etc, etc.

So what we are left with is a situation much like in China and India that there are a lot of guys chasing too few eligible women.

I'm not sure what the solution to this could be, should it become acceptable to have two or three men in a relationship with one woman? or a concerted action to reverse the obesity and corporate culture in the west, rationing of food perhaps? Thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The problem of a lack of Available Women in the world
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:50:16 PM »
Not the same.

One is a population gender imbalance brought about by years of mandated state policy and cultural predisposition to value sons over daughters.

The other is a perceived shortage.  There are just as many men too fat, obese, poor, vagrant and/or too obtuse to be a good fit for women.  So, if it simplies to 1/3 of available women are "worth" pursuing, then equally a 1/3 of men are "worth" to be pursued by.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:03:51 PM »
Not the same.

One is a population gender imbalance brought about by years of mandated state policy and cultural predisposition to value sons over daughters.

The other is a perceived shortage.  There are just as many men too fat, obese, poor, vagrant and/or too obtuse to be a good fit for women.  So, if it simplies to 1/3 of available women are "worth" pursuing, then equally a 1/3 of men are "worth" to be pursued by.

They are of course different things that is correct. I'm pretty sure there are way more fat women to fat men though. There are if course fat men but I tend to see groups of fat women out and about and far more frequent than fat men. Whether women see fat men as not in as bad a light a men see fat women could be another issue since men are generally supposed to be more bigger as an ideal (though more muscle than fat wise ideally no doubt).
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
I am sure many Russian and Ukrainian women will barely believe their eyes looking at the thread subject. How come, they would say. In Eastern Europe the situation is exactly the opposite, not enough men for pretty, educated, family minded women!  :(

But after they read the quoted article, they may say, 'Oh, that is in China and India. Not here. The least I would want for my daughter, sister, mother or girlfriend is to see them married to a Chinese or Indian'.

In my personal opinion, when it would come to any talks on gender imbalance, the problem would be not 'lack' of certain gender. The issue would rather be that for a certain marriageable person, there may not be enough eligible and available people to choose from.

No one wants to be associated down. People want to get the best partner that they can find for themselves in this life.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
I am sure many Russian and Ukrainian women will barely believe their eyes looking at the thread subject. How come, they would say. In Eastern Europe the situation is exactly the opposite, not enough men for pretty, educated, family minded women!  :(

But after they read the quoted article, they may say, 'Oh, that is in China and India. Not here. The least I would want for my daughter, sister, mother or girlfriend is to see them married to a Chinese or Indian'.

In my personal opinion, when it would come to any talks on gender imbalance, the problem would be not 'lack' of certain gender. The issue would rather be that for a certain marriageable person, there may not be enough eligible and available people to choose from.

No one wants to be associated down. People want to get the best partner that they can find for themselves in this life.

Appreciate the input Lily.

2tallbill gave a excellent explanation of why the situation is the opposite in Eastern Europe in another thread recently. Bill explained that:

”I explained how so. The mathematical census number of men vs women
is nearly the same. However, the number of desirable men decreases
at a higher rate than women.

More men go to prison than women. 1
More men than women are alcoholics or drug addicts.2
More men than women aren't interested in marriage.
More gay men than practicing gay women

Since there are less desirable high quality men available for marriage
than women it creates a perceived scarcity. This scarcity increases
as women age and it changes their habits and actions.

Larry once wrote about this years ago in another forum.
I'm going to try to paraphrase his post.

If there are 100 women in a room who desired marriage but
only 99 men 2 of which don't desire marriage at all and 2 of
them were otherwise undesirable whether they are gay, drunks,
addicts, in prison or something else then there are 100 women
who wanted marriage vs 95 desirable men, so there is going
to be 5 women who can't get what they want."

As always I added to this genius :D

I reckon that on top of that FSW particularly from the poorer cities would find more men that are undesirable to them, too poor, can't afford what they want (not necessarily their needs), etc.

Anyway, it's kind be of funny that being unmarried carries a social stigma in the FSU but also China and India but there is more stigma from racial issues.

Myself I've always admired Chinese culture (Japanese also) their history and their martial arts are great. It's such a curious culture to explore, yet for me it would likely be searching in the wrong place for a woman given the scarcity of women in China, not least to mentiin the distance.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:03:41 PM »
They are of course different things that is correct. I'm pretty sure there are way more fat women to fat men though. There are if course fat men but I tend to see groups of fat women out and about and far more frequent than fat men. Whether women see fat men as not in as bad a light a men see fat women could be another issue since men are generally supposed to be more bigger as an ideal (though more muscle than fat wise ideally no doubt).

Nope. Obesity rates are pretty much equal in men in women (41% and 38%).
http://www.stateofobesity.org/obesity-rates-trends-overview/
If women in general are not interested in you personally - doesn’t mean that other men have the same issues.

Not everyone should or is entitled to procreation you know.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 07:17:48 PM »
If women in general are not interested in you personally - doesn’t mean that other men have the same issues.

Not everyone should or is entitled to procreation you know.

Most women can procreate by choice if they get a sperm donor. Theoretically women by default have the upper hand, medical science has enhanced woman's power further, feminism further still into replacing the man in his role. In the FSU men only retain the upper hand by going out to work and providing for the woman. The FSW are wise enough to see by going out and getting all is ultimately not too their advantage.

With the stats it all depends on where the figures are broken down. It's easy to make it look much the same by taking a low base line on obesity but the women you can visually see often far surpass obese men in size, they are super obese.

Offline pitbull

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 07:53:46 PM »
Most women can procreate by choice if they get a sperm donor. Theoretically women by default have the upper hand, medical science has enhanced woman's power further, feminism further still into replacing the man in his role. In the FSU men only retain the upper hand by going out to work and providing for the woman. The FSW are wise enough to see by going out and getting all is ultimately not too their advantage.

With the stats it all depends on where the figures are broken down. It's easy to make it look much the same by taking a low base line on obesity but the women you can visually see often far surpass obese men in size, they are super obese.

Men can just as easily procteate by paying for an egg and a surrogate. Multiple examples among gay men, single and married alike. You don’t need a woman to have a child , just $

Obese men are as prevalent and equally as unattractive as obese women - you just don’t look at men that much obviously :)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »

Some men and women may say they've experienced a shortage of the opposite gender. Some men and women may say they've experienced too much of the opposite gender. Go figure.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 12:10:25 AM »
Some men and women may say they've experienced a shortage of the opposite gender. Some men and women may say they've experienced too much of the opposite gender. Go figure.

Lol, can't imagine experiencing too much of the other gender :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 12:20:35 AM »
Men can just as easily procteate by paying for an egg and a surrogate. Multiple examples among gay men, single and married alike. You don’t need a woman to have a child , just $

Obese men are as prevalent and equally as unattractive as obese women - you just don’t look at men that much obviously :)

Not many men have the vast amounts of £ needed for a surrogate mother. In contrast a woman can buy sperm for a few £, demonstrates the imbalance perfectly.

If you travel to Wales you will see many more fat women than fat men, both more numerous and more larger. They've even filmed a TV show over it called 'Big in the Valleys' featuring mainly all fat women.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:44 AM »
The usual, Trench, " I'm bored" post .. lacking in thought and no relation to reality..

At least the utter folly of your latest tosh has already been put to bed ..

Hands up guys visiting the FSU who have seen tour buses of Chinese males  seeking FSU wives ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 06:45:21 AM »
The usual, Trench, " I'm bored" post .. lacking in thought and no relation to reality..

At least the utter folly of your latest tosh has already been put to bed ..

Hands up guys visiting the FSU who have seen tour buses of Chinese males  seeking FSU wives ..

Chinese males do indeed seek FSW, there has been articles posted up here of very wealthy Chinese men going on tours especially set up for very wealthy Chinese men. However, many FSW still are against getting with Chinese and Indian men for racial reasons, I've even seen a few women profiles where they state no Muslims, Indian men, etc.

I've seen the odd Chinese man abroad looking, so I've no doubt they all look and have some hope. It seems it's much more of a niche market though. Lily herself states that there is an issue there and she is a FSW I believe.

Offline GenMish

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »
Trench, women outnumber men worldwide. In China, a woman is undesirable after 27. Men don't want to invest in a woman unless she is of prime child bearing age. So unless you want a family, that article is meaningless

I know I triggered a few people here on another thread, but the greatest value of FSU women is 18-25, and we should get more young men coming to this site to realize this.

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 09:35:53 AM »
Chinese males do indeed seek FSW, there has been articles posted up here of very wealthy Chinese men going on tours especially set up for very wealthy Chinese men. However, many FSW still are against getting with Chinese and Indian men for racial reasons, I've even seen a few women profiles where they state no Muslims, Indian men, etc.

I've seen the odd Chinese man abroad looking, so I've no doubt they all look and have some hope. It seems it's much more of a niche market though. Lily herself states that there is an issue there and she is a FSW I believe.

Trench,

There's a good chap .. know when busted - lie down in a dark room and think , " Why do I post tosh?"

How do you know the Chinese guy was looking ? 

He could be on a biz trip ...   If you spot me in - say - Georgia - on a Friday night - easting out .. with 2 other guys..

It does not mean I'm:

1/ Gay

2/ Checking out women

It probably means I'm away from loved one's and relaxing at the end of the week and seeing new places

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »

Not disputing the statistics, but . . .

In my area it seems very clear that there are many, many more overweight women than men.

My wife agrees with this; in fact she is the one who brought it to my attention more than once.

She is  appalled when seeing obese woman with average build man, and wonders why the man accepted such.  I tell her is is supply driven; the men have really no choice overall.

Also quite unbelievable when viewing the 'Queen Candidates' at local high schools for Homecoming Queen.  A large percentage are really porkers.  This would have never happened in my teenage years.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
Not many men have the vast amounts of £ needed for a surrogate mother. In contrast a woman can buy sperm for a few £, demonstrates the imbalance perfectly.

When males can carry a baby to term, there will be no monetary imbalance.

There are more overweight males in the UK than females, so your subjective observation is useless.

Have a look at population pyramids for Russia and Ukraine.  The male/female ratio is similar until age 50.  The issue is really more about the desirability of some men and in some cases, the desirability of the women looking abroad (too educated/too old/too . . . )

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:25:57 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline pitbull

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
Not disputing the statistics, but . . .

In my area it seems very clear that there are many, many more overweight women than men.

My wife agrees with this; in fact she is the one who brought it to my attention more than once.

She is  appalled when seeing obese woman with average build man, and wonders why the man accepted such.  I tell her is is supply driven; the men have really no choice overall.

Also quite unbelievable when viewing the 'Queen Candidates' at local high schools for Homecoming Queen.  A large percentage are really porkers.  This would have never happened in my teenage years.
What you "see" is nothing more than subjective perception. All statistics show the percentage of obese males vs females is exactly equal, within a couple percentage points. Hard facts

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
What you "see" is nothing more than subjective perception. All statistics show the percentage of obese males vs females is exactly equal, within a couple percentage points. Hard facts

Comparison within Europe
According to the Global Burden of Disease Study published in 2013, the United Kingdom had proportionately more obese and overweight adults than anywhere in western Europe with the exception of Iceland and Malta. Using data from 1980 to 2013, in the UK 66.6% of men and 52.7% of women were found to be either overweight or obese.

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 06:37:10 PM »

But to continue . . .

As I understand it, the stats you refer to are to entire USA.

Can there not be differences in specific locations ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2019, 12:51:21 AM »
I don't buy the unicorn spiel.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

There are plenty of available, nice, good looking women and men everywhere outside your front door.

Offline civi68

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2019, 04:50:26 AM »
Anyone who has traveled to the FSU immediately sees the difference in weight and desirable women once they get off of the plane. Yes, there are many attractive women in the US/EU but there also a lot of very heavy women.
  Some of my older friends tell me about how dating in the 80's was much better since they saw more attractive women of normal body weight. They tell me that the 90's was when finding attractive women of normal body weight became more difficult. Since I grew up in the 90's, I didn't experience this time but I definitely noticed a lot more heavier women over the years. Most of us can accept some weight but not how much heavier many women have become.

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »
Most of us can accept some weight but not how much heavier many women have become.

..not JUST the women, to be fair 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2019, 07:27:47 AM »
..not JUST the women, to be fair

Oh dear, put on a bit of recent have we Mobers ;)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »
there's actually a LOT of women out there, a LOT!!!!
and some REALLY hot ones, pretty much everywhere you look!!!!
BUT...
hot women want hot men
and don't want to be bothered with men who fall below "the threshold"
same for us men to, right?

young women are primarily attracted to "strong" looking guys, not necessarily "cute" looking
because they want to feel "protected" and "safe" with a man
this is what they're looking for in a man, someone who makes them feel this way
someone to protect and care for them.
but...
probably 95% of ALL GUYS DO NOT give off a "protector vibe" at all!!!!!
so hot women will not even bother looking at 95% of the general male population

I swear to Bog,
if you're about age 40 or under, the BEST way to get women in Ukraine to notice you is to have absolutely perfect biceps and pecs and wear a tight fitting banlon shirt with gold aviator glasses and a low end Rolex
combined with tight black jeans and NICE cowboy boots and a confident walk
then go and walk somewhere where there's a lot of women
you will freakin stop traffic
and that's before they find out you're also CRAZY FREAKIN' RICH!!!!
BOOM!
you don't have to do anything!
because the women will come to you!
they will start off by giving you coy looks and smiles waiting for a response from you...
and all you have to do is smile back and start a conversation...
it's that easy...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:13:48 AM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1978
Total: 1988

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM