It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Finally US Citizenship !  (Read 8238 times)

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Finally US Citizenship !
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
Thank you for your congratulations guys!

Obtaining the citizenship was a much easier process than  obtaining the visa and green card. It took me a record 5 minutes to go through the interview. Turbo did not expect me to return from the interview so quickly so I decided to play a joke with him and told him that my fingerprints  were not cleared and we had to get a confirmation from every state we lived in that I did not have any criminal record before we could go on with the naturalization process. You should have seen his puzzled face. That was fun!

The last 7 years have been the most gratifying years in my life. America took me in with love and care. I feel fully accepted and at home here. I also understand that I have to thank my husband for this. He supported me through every challenge and never lost his patience with me. He is the strongest person I have met in my life.

Gator, I still maintaining a GPA of 4. However, last two years I was taking only 2-3 classes per a semester because I was working part time in the family business and school became less fascinating compared to work. Business is doing great now and that is certainly a result of the team work, my role in the success was little, yet it made me happy that I could help Turbo with something. I still have 5 more classes to take before I can graduate from school. Then I plan to look for a job with an accounting firm.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:54:14 PM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
VWRW,

Welcome my fellow citizen.  Remember to vote.

Business is doing great now ...... my role in the success was little, yet it made me happy that I could help Turbo with something.

Just like Ray, you understate your value.   ;)  Nevertheless, you are correct that a business can not succeed unless all cylinders are firing - everyone is doing their part. 

Good luck with the accounting career.  Good decision. 

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »
Congratulations to all new citizens! And especially the wives of Turbo and Viking! 

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
Thank you Doug.  I appreciate the good wishes.
Gator,
The job my wife has done is simply amazing.  I will agree that it was a bit of a joint effort but she was the biggest part of it.  She watches over our money like a hawk and she is always thinking about ways to cut costs and keeps after me on all kinds of things.  One time she had me call the credit card company over a 75 cent charge that should not have been made.  They did issue a credit.  Those pennies do add up over time.  One of the ideas she came up with was being a manufacturing business I would have never thought our suppliers would accept credit card payments.  We found many do.  It not only saves us postage but we are using cash back cards and we got $ 8,000.00 in cash back payments last year.  That is not pennies.  It is a totally different business since she came on board. 

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 07:53:14 AM »
Alena received her citizenship on Tuesday. I could not be more proud. What I found to be a bit interesting was when the judge made his little speech, he said that there were 145 people taking the oath today, and from 42 different countries. 42. I wonder how many people from how many countries want to immigrate to...Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, the Stans, the Baltics.? Nope. they all want to come here.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2259
Total: 2270

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM