It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1079836 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4375 on: April 26, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
None of my posts have been corrected.

Large guffaw from the SE corner of the Black Sea...

I just talk about the news online.

..and I pointed out where your and JayH's news was akin to negative propaganda...based on being incorrect..to the point of dishonesty.

The 50% of funds for food stuffs has NOTHING ton do with housing costs. It has everything to do with $pending 50%$ of their income for food  as talked about.

Food? We are discussing the bridges..kindly do not deflect.

The wannabe bridge still isn't a bridge.. It's not 2 bridges either.  You've shown cartoons as your proof of two. I showed another cartoon to show a combined bridge. ( From a Russian news source too,  after all everyone knows that Russians never lie..   :rolleyes:

Sighs..

1/ so we agree..there IS on ongoing construction? JayH's 'news' link suggests otherwise.

2/ it would be stupid to constantly show 140 plus million ppl a CGI video of how the bridges will be ..and for it NOT to happen. 

Again, I see enough RU tv to see how the population get to have a 'different perspective'. But I do not question what I have seen with my own eyes.
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4376 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »

Large guffaw from the SE corner of the Black Sea...

..and I pointed out where your and JayH's news was akin to negative propaganda...based on being incorrect..to the point of dishonesty.

1/ so we agree..there IS on ongoing construction? JayH's 'news' link suggests otherwise.

Ahh-- dishonesty- something I understand you know something about?
Exactly whose dishonesty are you alleging-- me for posting a link? The author? Or yours for repeatedly stating there are 2 bridges when all the evidence points to one?

My link-- clearly shows ongoing construction-I posted it as it has photos for all to see !!

BTW--  I have seen recent satellite photos far more credible than anything you can offer.

What they do  have-- a pier at either end!! And some pylons  !!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4377 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »
Watching only RUTV will give one a kremlin slated view..  :rolleyes:  Of course there also the Stockholm Syndrome to consider since you're way behind on real news.  :crackwhip:

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4378 on: April 26, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
Ahh-- dishonesty- something I understand you know something about?

You heard it from a reliable source ?..Pls 'spill' ..  I expect you are looking to deflect .. but carry on ...

Exactly whose dishonesty are you alleging-- me for posting a link? The author? Or yours for repeatedly stating there are 2 bridges when all the evidence points to one?

You CAN read English, JayH - it should be clear I'm 'busting' the link you posted...

Also, as you are inattentive - the 'plan' is to build a temporary bridge - which I have seem with my own eyes under  construction- to allow the construction of the permanent two.

My link-- clearly shows ongoing construction-I posted it as it has photos for all to see !!

It is from Kerch and suggested 'no activity' ... disingenuous..

BTW--  I have seen recent satellite photos far more credible than anything you can offer.

What they do  have-- a pier at either end!! And some pylons  !!

My dear chap - I am no fan of Putin - and he is putting his reputation with Russians and the world - on the line, here - but my eyeballs satisfy my 'doubts' as to progress.

You want him to fail - sure ... but please - don't let your wishes get in the way of fact.

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4379 on: April 26, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
Watching only RUTV will give one a kremlin slated view..  :rolleyes:  Of course there also the Stockholm Syndrome to consider since you're way behind on real news.  :crackwhip:

Hmm, you do realise I have a UK BBC feed in Russia ? ... The IPTV TV we get in Russia has BBC World, Euronews, DW,CNN, FOX news .....

The issue is that most Russians choose to watch the news -oft followed by an 'opinion' - on the most popular channels  - which are either owned by or run by Kremlin cronies.

You're becoming somewhat daft in your attempts to deflect from your supporting inaccurate news - the thing we both - surely  - detest...

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4380 on: April 26, 2016, 11:02:15 PM »
Stop acting like a pillock.  :crackwhip:

You're sticking up for Russia at almost every point. You're fooling only yourself.

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4381 on: April 26, 2016, 11:34:23 PM »
2/ it would be stupid to constantly show 140 plus million ppl a CGI video of how the bridges will be ..and for it NOT to happen. 

not neccesarily  :D the putin dictator has done this with all other information & it has worked with very good  results on the population , crimea is a prime example

I am no fan of Putin - and he is putting his reputation with Russians and the world - on the line, here
his reputation for honesty is worthless  ;D ;D ;D, regardless if its with russians or the rest of the world
the man has nothing to be proud of in reality , history will judge him for who he is , regardless of his propoganda bs

SX
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:38:57 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4382 on: April 26, 2016, 11:40:20 PM »
Stop acting like a pillock.  :crackwhip:

You're sticking up for Russia at almost every point. You're fooling only yourself.

No, I'm pointing out what I've seen and the plans for bridges.

I dislike distortion / misrepresentation - full stop.

A 'pillock' in my eyes - is someone who accepts all he wants to see / read.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4383 on: April 27, 2016, 12:05:18 AM »
You heard it from a reliable source ?..Pls 'spill' ..  I expect you are looking to deflect .. but carry on ...

You CAN read English, JayH - it should be clear I'm 'busting' the link you posted...

Also, as you are inattentive - the 'plan' is to build a temporary bridge - which I have seem with my own eyes under  construction- to allow the construction of the permanent two.

It is from Kerch and suggested 'no activity' ... disingenuous..

My dear chap - I am no fan of Putin - and he is putting his reputation with Russians and the world - on the line, here - but my eyeballs satisfy my 'doubts' as to progress.

Anyone see the irony here-- Moby  disputes a link showing photos-- by showing a link to artists impression of what THE BRIDGE will look like -from a Kremlin source !!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4384 on: April 27, 2016, 12:23:39 AM »
Anyone see the irony here-- Moby  disputes a link showing photos-- by showing a link to artists impression of what THE BRIDGE will look like -from a Kremlin source !!

Nice deflection - you mentioned my 'dishonesty' - please enlighten us - as I have never met you, before.

Are you suggesting what I am seeing / have seen - the construction under way -  with my own eyes is 'made up' ?

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4385 on: April 27, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »
The award to Zhirinovsky is important for another reason. His inclusion in his “Fatherland’s” political pantheon suggests that Russian political culture and geopolitical thinking are perfectly compatible with, and perhaps even supportive of, his extremist views. Zhirinovsky’s exaltation may mean that imperialism, illiberalism, and authoritarianism, if not downright fascism, are central to Russia’s perceptions of itself and its place in the world.

Putin Celebrates Unrepentant Fascist Zhirinovsky

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.stfi.re/blog/alexander-j-motyl/putin-celebrates-unrepentant-fascist-zhirinovsky?sf=olzylz
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 04:55:01 PM by JayH »

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4386 on: April 27, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »
The award to Zhirinovsky is important for another reason. His inclusion in his “Fatherland’s” political pantheon suggests that Russian political culture and geopolitical thinking are perfectly compatible with, and perhaps even supportive of, his extremist views. Zhirinovsky’s exaltation may mean that imperialism, illiberalism, and authoritarianism, if not downright fascism, are central to Russia’s perceptions of itself and its place in the world.

'There is no such thing as Russian fascism. You won't find a single Russian who considers Russians to be a superior race and who advocate expulsion of aliens.'
source: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/vladimirzh596437.html

This is the same guy who proposed a dowry tax - for foreigners to pay - if marrying a Russian citizen and 'taking' them from Russia.

Like Patriots everywhere - they sound a little crazy from without. I often wonder why he changed his family name - it's as if his wasn't proud of his heritage....

''Zhirinovsky has long denied that there was any non-Russian blood in him, shrugging it off with the statement, “My mother is Russian, my father is a lawyer.” '

http://www.vice.com/read/the-best-of-vladimir-zhirinovsky-russias-craziest-politician

My take..Putin being electorally savvy .... give an 'award' to a Patriot from another party and keep Zhirinovsky in his box..

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4387 on: April 27, 2016, 11:57:47 PM »
The bridge is not more complicated than the spaceport  8)

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4388 on: April 28, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »
Yeah, and it only has 93 billion rubles worth of 'irregularities' with 6 in jail. Not to mention the time lag..

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4389 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »

No 'irony' .. I have SEEN the construction - with my own eyes..  It's only the THIRD time I mentioned it ..

Like I said ..a XXXXXXX  in my eyes - is someone who accepts all he wants to see / read.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4390 on: April 28, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
Tell me Moby, can you get by for foodstuffs (food, ciggs, booze ect.)on 4700 rubles per month?

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4391 on: April 28, 2016, 08:54:30 PM »
Tell me Moby, can you get by for foodstuffs (food, ciggs, booze ect.)on 4700 rubles per month?

We couldn't... your point ?

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4392 on: April 28, 2016, 10:59:15 PM »
Well, that's about 50% of the pension base rate for Russia. When and if they continue to get paid.. In Novosibirsk they simply got the statement that “due to underfunding.” they wouldn't get paid in January until cash flow was restored.

VTsIOM is a state run polling outfit that reported in December that Russian financial situation is either “bad” or “very bad” has increased by 22 percent in the last 2 years. The percentage of people claiming they “lack funds to buy food” has also increased to 22 percent.
19 million the highest in the last 10 years. It's expected to gain  this year to 21 million, 14% of Russia.

Yet the Huilomeister seems to have huge amounts to spend invading Ukraine, stealing Krym and then refusing to support it as promised and then try to build a bridge to maybe gain more access. And then there is the Syria mess that I won't bother going into.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4393 on: April 28, 2016, 11:57:28 PM »
You might even be correct - all the money must be in Sochi today ... the train to the F1 track was standing room only ....

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4394 on: April 29, 2016, 08:29:17 AM »
Russia threatens Sweden with military actions if they join NATO.
Lavrov wants all border states to be neutral.

Edited to add;

The Swedish Government stated,"Sweden can make its own decisions about defense and security. Stockholm demands that Moscow fully respects this sovereign right."

Lars Adaktusson, a member of the EU Parliament, also commented on the threats. "Lavrov's words clearly show why Sweden should join NATO."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:58:13 AM by AkMike »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4395 on: April 29, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
Russia threatens Sweden with military actions if they join NATO.
Lavrov wants all border states to be neutral.

And?.. anything happen since June last year you want to 'report' as current events?

If Mexico were to join an alliance with Russia, wouldn't you think the US would reposition its military forces to the southern border (the same thing RU 'threatened' to do if
Sweden joined nato)?

Really AK you are just all over the place and at least 9 months behind the ball.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4396 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »
Poland has once again refused to grant entry permits to a Russian motorcycle gang ' Night Wolves' that is closely linked to President Vladimir Putin.
 Night Wolves has supported the invasion of Krym and  it's members have fought in eastern Ukraine.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4397 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Really AK you are just all over the place and at least 9 months behind the ball.

That's fresh off the net BC. Do your own DD.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4398 on: April 29, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »
De-Russification in Tajikistan
 Tajikistan's  government has officially banned issuing of new identification documents and birth certificates ethnic Tajiks using Russified last names.

According to the new law, Tajik children whose parents have surnames from the Soviet era that end with 'ov' for men and 'ova' for women will instead be given documents that use traditional local suffixes -- "i," "zod," "zoda," "iyon," "far" or "pur."

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4399 on: April 29, 2016, 10:12:02 AM »
The Moscow Times reports that consumer confidence fell to 63 points in the first quarter of 2016, the lowest level since records began in 2005.

59% have to refrain from entertainment expenses as well as 62% put off the purchase of new clothes. And 52% percent switched to cheaper food products. 76% were forced to cut spending in the first quarter of the year.

Real wages shrank 9.5 percent in 2015. So far year, it continues with 3.9 percent in just the first quarter. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701