It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: This seems like a great board / tight-knit community  (Read 6825 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
This seems like a great board / tight-knit community
« on: March 15, 2016, 06:11:26 AM »
Hello, I joined this board a couple of months ago. I have just been lurking, reading everything, trying to learn as much as possible. There is a plethora of great information here on this board, and I am lucky and very gracious to be allowed to be a member here. I want to thank the Admin. for allowing me to be a member here. Thank you so much.   :)

I am a newbie to finding a wonderful FSU woman to marry and spend the rest of my life with. I have zero trips to the FSU. But I like to read, I like to learn, I like to expand my knowledge base as much as possible. I plan on doing just that between now and when I will be making my trip to either Kharkiv, Ukraine or Belarus.

Thank you in advance for all of the members here on RWD for providing me and every other newbie with a wealth of great knowledge. Thank you so much guys.   :)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Re: This seems like a great board / tight-knit community
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:39:30 AM »
Welcome to RWD!

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »
I would like to add that I am extremely impressed with all the glowing recommendations and accolades Mila Lobunko from Kharkiv has received here on this board. As of now, there is about a 90% chance I will visit Kharkiv for 22 days, while only about a 10% chance I will visit Belarus for 22 days.

I had never even considered Belarus until about 10 days ago, when a 29 year-old young woman from Belarus contacted me via my profile I have on Mamba.ru  She told me she enjoyed my profile on Mamba (it is fairly extensive, I was very honest about myself and wrote in detail) and liked my pictures.

I logged into my VK account the next dayI w after she first contacted me, and what do you know? She sent me a friend request on VK. Of course I accepted her friend request.

From what I can ascertain so far, she is extremely genuine, but unfortunately she is lonely, as I am as well. Everything she has told me about herself has pretty much checked out as the truth on VK. I am 37 by the way. So yes, there is a considerable age difference between us, 8 years, and it is a larger age gap than I would like. But I t Return to this topic. Don't use smileys.hink 8 years is at least possibly doable. I know I might be making a mistake going for a woman so much younger that myself, so I will venture into these uncertain waters feet first instead of diving in.

Anyways, if I do choose to travel to Kharkiv, there is more than an excellent chance I will use Mila Lobunko's services. I am just extremely impressed with the level of honesty and integrity Mrs. Lobunko conducts herself with at all times. I know if I use Mila's services, I am not only getting a fantastic guide and interpreter, but as almost every one of her customers have written about in their testimonials of Mila's services, I am also getting a good friend in her and her Husband. In the future, when I travel back to Kharkiv, it might be very cool and fun to give her a ring and say hello to her and her Husband while I am in Kharkiv.  :)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:15:05 AM »
treadmilldude,
   If you find the right woman, 8 years is nothing, in 1999 I married a Ukrainian woman 15 yr younger than me and this year we will celebrate our 17th anniversary (and we have 2 children!).  just a note to you for when you start meeting someone, if they are "into you" it will be totally clear and there will be no doubt, any confusing signals or doubts on your part, means that for whatever reason, there just is "no connection" and you should move on.   Good Luck!!!

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:26:41 AM »
Welcome dude.

I've been to Kharkiv many times as my wife hails from there. It is a beautiful city. You'll love it.

My advice is to find some prospects there first and foremost. Establish some communications and then go visit her or them. Be straight forward with them, they will respect you for that. Mind games will doom any chance you have in finding a nice lady.

Bon Chance
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:24 AM »

Welcome to the forum treadmilldude. You have 3 weeks to spend in the FSU. Why don't you consider going to both Ukraine and Belarus? That girl from Belarus seems to have the hots for you and if you feel she's not writing to every man on the internet the same way, then you should consider meeting her. You don't know where that special woman can be but if you limit yourself to Ukraine, you may miss a good opportunity. Have any of the girls in Ukraine seem interested in you the same way? Don't worry about the 8 year age gap with the lady in Belarus. This is nothing in their culture. There are a lot more important issues to consider about a potential spouse than age gap.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »

:welcome:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »
 :welcome: treadmilldude!

How much is Mila paying you?   ;D

Seriously, you're right in that she generally gets tremendous reviews from people here who have used her services.  Although I personally haven't been to Kharkiv, Mila has been kind enough in the past to answer some of my queries.

Although it is true that FSU women, especially younger ones, tend to marry within their own age group, there are many who prefer a bit of a gap because they consider the older men to be wiser, more worldly, more settled (and often a lot wealthier  8)).  There are many on this forum whose age gap is into double figures, and several are more than 20 years older than their wife, so your prospective eight-year gap is nothing to worry about, PROVIDED all the other boxes get ticked on both sides.

Whatever happens, good luck with your search.  :thumbsup:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
This seems like a great board / tight-knit community
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 07:00:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Treadmill. As others have said, 8 years is nothing when it comes to age gaps. Seriously, I wouldn't bat an eye at that if I were you. Why not take a few days to hop up to Belarus if you're really interested in this lady?

I'll be in Kharkiv for twelve days starting this weekend (just in time for the cold weather and damn snow to hit). I'll let the ladies know you're coming  ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »

I had never even considered Belarus until about 10 days ago, when a 29 year-old young woman from Belarus contacted me via my profile I have on Mamba.ru  She told me she enjoyed my profile on Mamba (it is fairly extensive, I was very honest about myself and wrote in detail) and liked my pictures.

29 is said to be a pivotal age for many women.  You being merely 37 puts you in just about a perfect age to meet  ladies abroad, whereas in the states you might be considered a bit long in the tooth for 20 somethings.  I was 35/36 when I began looking, and had lots of options that an older man would probably not have.  You can afford to take your time and should allow a relationship to play out, especially if you have ability to travel often.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure.
Fathertime!

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Shadow

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 05:07:03 AM »
Welcome. Stop hesitating and visit her.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 11:35:59 PM »
I have zero trips to the FSU...

Quote from: treadmilldude
Another difference I have noticed between Belarussian Women and Ukrainian Women....Belarussian women on average are significantly thinner and skinnier than Ukrainian women. Spend 2-3 hours going through profiles on Mamba of girls 28 to 33 in Belarus....then spend 2-3 hours going through profiles on Mamba of girls 28 to 33 in Ukraine. 1) Belarussian women are absolutely skinnier / thinner than Ukrainian women, on average. Period. Case closed. End of discussion. Not open to debate.

TMD - You have passed the point where your posts were that of a newbie... and 'excusable' Please leave your daft theories until you've BEEN to the places....

Really, as someone who visits such places -often ... you are just wrong ..

All places have their pluses.. Odessa has an exotic mix genetically,  Siberia - the model agencies go there for reason.... Kyiv / Minsk - wonderful cities to see some good looking ladies on Spring / Summer's day..

Yesterday, I was on the promenade in Sochi - it was 25C  - the warmest day of the year so far - and thought, '' single guys would be raving about this place''..

You might as well say Gomel ladies are slimmer than those from Minsk ....

ALL that matters is where the lady you'll fall for lives... Guys looking for a girl based on a location... well..they are simply reducing their odds..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline David1963

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 08:18:55 AM »
I would like to add that I am extremely impressed with all the glowing recommendations and accolades Mila Lobunko from Kharkiv has received here on this board. As of now, there is about a 90% chance I will visit Kharkiv for 22 days, while only about a 10% chance I will visit Belarus for 22 days.

I logged into my VK account the next dayI w after she first contacted me, and what do you know? She sent me a friend request on VK. Of course I accepted her friend request.

From what I can ascertain so far, she is extremely genuine, but unfortunately she is lonely, as I am as well. Everything she has told me about herself has pretty much checked out as the truth on VK. I am 37 by the way. So yes, there is a considerable age difference between us, 8 years, and it is a larger age gap than I would like. But I t Return to this topic. Don't use smileys.hink 8 years is at least possibly doable. I know I might be making a mistake going for a woman so much younger that myself, so I will venture into these uncertain waters feet first instead of diving in.

Anyways, if I do choose to travel to Kharkiv, there is more than an excellent chance I will use Mila Lobunko's services. I am just extremely impressed with the level of honesty and integrity Mrs. Lobunko conducts herself with at all times. I know if I use Mila's services, I am not only getting a fantastic guide and interpreter, but as almost every one of her customers have written about in their testimonials of Mila's services, I am also getting a good friend in her and her Husband. In the future, when I travel back to Kharkiv, it might be very cool and fun to give her a ring and say hello to her and her Husband while I am in Kharkiv.  :)

You have been looking for over a year and still have not visited.  From your post above, I can tell you have  a lot to learn.  It's good you have joined the forum and I hope you learn much before you make your maiden voyage.
First step before embarking on this endeavor, you need a plan.  From your post above it seems that you are just going where the wind blows.
Do you have a time period you can devote to a trip, vacation from work (1 - 2 weeks) and other responsibilities?
If you are successful in finding a potential wife, do you have the ability to take multiple trips to her country, do you have the time to devote to a wife when she arrives?
Do you have the financial resources for this endeavor?
I haven't read all your posts so you may have answers in other places.
I have observed people seem to fall into 4 categories:
Lookers, they never make the trip, just look and talk.
Unprepared travelers, they travel flounder around, maybe get lucky and find someone.
Tourists, they travel meet women but never seem to find a wife.
Prepared travelers. these generally turn out successful but not always.
Right now you seem to be in the Looker category and if you travel soon you will be an unprepared traveler.  I hope that you move into the prepared traveler category.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 08:34:19 AM »
You have been looking for over a year and still have not visited. 

He claims he's been writing girls for two years and haven't made a trip. A couple of excuses of not getting on a plane were he'd miss his best friend's wedding and his nieces birthday and he loves his niece more than life itself. Maybe he can fill us in what goes on the rest of the year that is so important that he can't make a trip?

Now he loves a Belarussian woman and her daughter more than anything. He posts photos of people he hasn't met but he won't post a photo of himself. Another forum has given him good advice to jump on a plane and he thanked them for that good advice. You and the rest of us at this forum are wasting our time repeating the advice since he'll do nothing with it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline David1963

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »
Ahhh, the eternal looker and dreamer.  Someone who doesn't have the abilities to find a woman he would be satisfied with in his own country so he looks abroad at pretty young things and dreams.  There is enough nerve to write but never enough nerve to get on the plane.

It is evidenced by the lack of a plan to visit or to follow up with a potential relationship.  It costs nothing to write women online and it fills that emotional void of being alone.

Men often write of scammers taking their money, FSU women complain of men who write and never visit.

The two are a match made for each other.

Offline Willby

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 06:04:27 AM »
Hello, I joined this board a couple of months ago. I have just been lurking, reading everything, trying to learn as much as possible. There is a plethora of great information here on this board, and I am lucky and very gracious to be allowed to be a member here. I want to thank the Admin. for allowing me to be a member here. Thank you so much.   :)

I am a newbie to finding a wonderful FSU woman to marry and spend the rest of my life with. I have zero trips to the FSU. But I like to read, I like to learn, I like to expand my knowledge base as much as possible. I plan on doing just that between now and when I will be making my trip to either Kharkiv, Ukraine or Belarus.

Thank you in advance for all of the members here on RWD for providing me and every other newbie with a wealth of great knowledge. Thank you so much guys.   :)

Hi! Welcome! I thought it's easy to find a woman from Slavic countries. it's not. They all are good, but there are lots of scammers. You need to be smart to determine the one who is good and REAL! I have my own experience. I often tell what sites i use and people sometimes think i'm a shill. But i just share my experience. So if you need some info, just ask. Ok?
again! Welcome! This site is rock!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
Hi! Welcome! I thought it's easy to find a woman from Slavic countries. it's not. They all are good, but there are lots of scammers. You need to be smart to determine the one who is good and REAL! I have my own experience. I often tell what sites i use and people sometimes think i'm a shill. But i just share my experience. So if you need some info, just ask. Ok?
again! Welcome! This site is rock!

Heh, I think he's gone.  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3327
Most Online Ever: 12701