It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tipping in the West  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Tipping in the West
« on: July 06, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »
We already had a thread on tipping in FSU:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=15778.msg325444#msg325444

How about tipping in Western countries?

A US waiter put together some material about tipping:

Time matters. Sometimes a bartender cracks open eight bottles of beer, which takes 12 seconds, and sometimes she makes eight multi-ingredient cocktails with olives and a whole umbrella scene on each, which takes four minutes, and those two orders should not be tipped equally, even though they might cost the same amount. Along the same lines—

Effort matters. Food delivery guys are undertipped—they’re like a waiter except your table is on the other side of the city. $2 really isn’t a sufficient tip (and one delivery guy I talked to said 20% of people tip nothing)—$3 or $4 is much better. And when it’s storming outside? The delivery guys I talked to all said the tips don’t change in bad weather—that’s not logical. Likewise, while tipping on takeout orders is nice but not necessary, one restaurant manager complained to me about Citibank ordering 35 lunches to go every week, which takes a long time for some waiter to package (with the soup wrapped carefully, coffees rubber-banded, dressings and condiments put in side containers), and never tipping. Effort matters, and that deserves a tip.

Their salary matters. It might not make sense that in the US, we’ve somewhat arbitrarily deemed certain professions as “tipped professions” whereby the customers are in charge of paying the professional’s salary, instead of their employer—but that’s the way it is. And as such, you have some real responsibility when being served by a tipped professional that you don’t have when being served by someone else.

It’s nice to give a coffee barista a tip, but you’re not a horrible person if you don’t because at least they’re getting paid without you. Waiters and bartenders, on the other hand, receive somewhere between $2 and $5/hour (usually closer to $2), and this part of their check usually goes entirely to taxes. Your tips are literally their only income. They also have to “tip out” the other staff, so when you tip a waiter you’re also tipping the busboy, bartender, and others. For these reasons, it’s never acceptable to tip under 15%, even if you hate the service

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/04/everything-dont-know-tipping.html

The author put up a chart showing, among other things, the amounts people usually tip to those who perform certain services in the US. As you might expect, waiters are the most commonly tipped people. Nearly everyone  tips waiters, bartenders, and food deliverers. A bare majority tip baristas.  Only about a third tip when they pick up food for takeout.

The guy who put the chart together said you are a low tipper if you tip a waiter less than 17% of the bill. Hmmm, 15% used to be thought adequate for average service.  Later that percentage was bumped up to 15 - 20%.

I very rarely tip when I pick up takeout food, but generally tip restaurant waiters and bartenders 15 - 20%.

I understand that tipping practices vary by country. Here is a bit about that from the same source:

The US is the most tip-crazed country in the world, but there’s a wide variety of tipping customs in other countries. Tipping expert Magnus Thor Torfason’s research shows that 31 service professions involve tipping in the US. That number is 27 in Canada, 27 in India, 15 in the Netherlands, 5-10 throughout Scandinavia, 4 in Japan, and 0 in Iceland.

I discovered on my first trip abroad that a service charge was generally included in the bill in Western Europe.

The author provides what he calls a tipping spectrum in which he provides a spectrum of what tips various groups provide. This information was gathered from a survey of 1,000 waiters. I'm not sure how accurate this is. Some of these groups are fairly easy to spot, like teenagers, the elderly, blacks, women, men, all female parties, all male parties, etc. But I don't know how the waiters could tell whether diners were Christian or Jewish.

What are your thoughts on tipping?

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Tipping in the West
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
I will say to start off I am a chronic over tipper.  Unlike a lot of people I rarely ever consider the percentage guideline when tipping.  20-25% sounds good, but not on a $5.00-8.00 lunch or breakfast. 

Larry as I mentioned before, me and three of my buddies went to a local place for biscuits and gravy with coffee.  That runs about $5.00 each.  Our waitress was busy with the Sunday AM crowd and was running non stop.  She kept our coffee cups full, brought extra creamer and sweetener and  got our food out hot.

She smiled, never complained and never rushed us.  We left $5.00 each.  This girl was young and although I am nowhere near rich, probably needed the $20 a lot more than me and my buddies.  20% would have been $4.00.  That's a gallon of gas and a soda.  The $20 was probably pizza and cokes for her and her family or maybe movie night for her and her hubby, boyfriend or girlfriend. 

I just think a tip should amount to something worth while. I'd never have known the next day where that $5.00 went.  But she probably remembered that $20 tip on a $20 breakfast.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:30:15 PM »
I tip; but I don't like it.  I don't like the whole tipping  system.

I want the price on the menu to cover everything.

The whole original idea of the reason for tipping has gone out the window.

Tipping was meant to reward good service.
But currently there is no correlation between tipping and quality of service.

As you read in the waiter's write-up; he says you should tip nothing less than 15% even if service was crappy.

This whole idea of tipping is crazy.

Put prices on menus that cover everything.

I read somewhere several months back that some top restaurants where toying with the idea of doing just that; and that waiters were mostly for the idea.

But don't know if it has been implemented anywhere.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 08:44:15 PM »
Your tips are literally their only income. They also have to “tip out” the other staff, so when you tip a waiter you’re also tipping the busboy, bartender, and others. For these reasons, it’s never acceptable to tip under 15%, even if you hate the service.

I don't agree with the article on the above. Had a waitress that took forever to come to our table and take our orders. Food took a long time to come out and the waitress never refilled my coffee. My wife was angry and wanted to say something but I told her it's best to stay quiet and never come back. I tipped the waitress a penny. She needed to know I do tip but I wasn't happy with her service. The whole operation in the restaurant was bad so all food servers will suffer when their tips are bad. A year later they lost their jobs when the restaurant closed.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »

As you read in the waiter's write-up; he says you should tip nothing less than 15% even if service was crappy.

I read somewhere several months back that some top restaurants where toying with the idea of doing just that; and that waiters were mostly for the idea.

See I am the opposite.  I love to over tip for good service, but I never feel obligated to tip for crappy service.  But I won't hold bad food against the server.  If the service is good I'll tip even if the food was not good.  I usually won't go back to a place with bad food, but I won't punish the server.

I understand not liking the system though.  I just think the servers are so poorly paid that I enjoy tipping when they work hard and are pleasant.

But to each his own.  I would certainly not avoid a no tipping restaurant, but I would hope they paid the servers well.

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »

I don't agree with the article on the above. Had a waitress that took forever to come to our table and take our orders. Food took a long time to come out and the waitress never refilled my coffee. My wife was angry and wanted to say something but I told her it's best to stay quiet and never come back. I tipped the waitress a penny. She needed to know I do tip but I wasn't happy with her service. The whole operation in the restaurant was bad so all food servers will suffer when their tips are bad. A year later they lost their jobs when the restaurant closed.

I agree completely with not tipping or leaving a penny for bad service.  I liked to reward good service, but I will not reward bad service either.

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »

agree ML

staff and their salary should be the responsibility of the owner/manager ,
the price you are charged for the meal should reflect the true cost of operating that business profitably 365 days of the year

its not expected to tip your accountant ,  doctor , mechanic etc, or their receptionists etc

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:13:26 PM »

Obviously, you two *cough* pillars of the community have never worked in retail. There is 1000's of reasons why you receive the service you do. None of them may have to do with the person servicing you. When you leave a penny that says more about you than anything else you could have done while you were there. Waiters, waitresses, bartenders etc are not your personal servants in hopes of you tipping 5, 10, 15% or God forbid a penny.

When you walk in and assume a seat at their station they are to attend to your needs. Nothing more, nothing less. You are not Cesar or Leona Hemsley. You are a cheap skates looking to save a few bucks on your meal. If you do not want to tip, fine. Stay home.

Personally, I consider 20% if the staff is bringing my meal. That can go up or down depending on the service I receive. I've almost never less than 10% unless the service was beyond acceptable and I have often tipped 100% where service folks enhanced my experience.

Trust me, I am the king of bad service. My face, my demeanor or my sometimes lack of interaction with the wait staff often throws them off and I receive bad service more than anyone and even then it would have to be super bad for me to leave less than 10%.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »
There is 1000's of reasons why you receive the service you do. None of them may have to do with the person servicing you. When you leave a penny that says more about you than anything else you could have done while you were there. Waiters, waitresses, bartenders etc are not your personal servants in hopes of you tipping 5, 10, 15% or God forbid a penny.

When you walk in and assume a seat at their station they are to attend to your needs. Nothing more, nothing less. You are not Cesar or Leona Hemsley. You are a cheap skates looking to save a few bucks on your meal. If you do not want to tip, fine. Stay home.

Personally, I consider 20% if the staff is bringing my meal. That can go up or down depending on the service I receive. I've almost never less than 10% unless the service was beyond acceptable and I have often tipped 100% where service folks enhanced my experience.

Trust me, I am the king of bad service. My face, my demeanor or my sometimes lack of interaction with the wait staff often throws them off and I receive bad service more than anyone and even then it would have to be super bad for me to leave less than 10%.

I agree that many things can impact the service you receive which is not the wait staff's fault.  Although not refilling drinks is almost always the wait staff's fault.

I, too, never tip less than 10%, even for bad service.  We only do take out at a few places (sushi, Chinese, or pizza from one of two places on Fridays, since the kids' lives are busy and we don't go to restaurants often) that know us, so I tip 10% or 15% for take out. 

I usually tip 20%, but go up for outstanding service.  However, we don't eat out very often.

Here, the wait staff have to give 5% of gross receipts to the kitchen staff, so if someone doesn't leave a tip, the wait staff is losing money on that table.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:39 PM »
You are a cheap skates looking to save a few bucks on your meal. If you do not want to tip, fine. Stay home.

I pay a 1 cent tip once in my life and you proclaim me a cheap skate.   :wallbash:

You may reward bad behavior everytime but I don't. Stupid is as stupid does.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 12:13:37 AM »
Fortunately we have sane tipping here in Norway. Firstly, the people get a reasonable base salary for the job done. Tips are optional and not expected. If you tip it's generally because of service that goes above and beyond and even then, 10% is considered a good tip.

But then again, this a country where a trip to an average pizza restaurant will set you back 70 U.S. $ for 2 without drinks.

Oh and generally, tips are pooled and split between all staff.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 06:10:40 AM »
Fortunately we have sane tipping here in Norway. Firstly, the people get a reasonable base salary for the job done. Tips are optional and not expected. If you tip it's generally because of service that goes above and beyond and even then, 10% is considered a good tip.

But then again, this a country where a trip to an average pizza restaurant will set you back 70 U.S. $ for 2 without drinks.

And that's the rub. Normally, the service of the wait staff isn't calculated into the price of the meal in the US. It's not insane tipping. TIPS = "to insure proper service" and it is assumed when you sit down to have people wait on you. Tipping isn't mandatory anywhere that I've ever heard of. That is the system used in this country.

Tipping inadequately isn't a protest of that system, it's punishment to one there to earn their wages. If one doesn't want to tip simply don't sit down for service or inform the wait staff prior that you are not going to tip prior. That gives them the choice to wait on you or not. Either way makes it fair. I certainly didn't mean to imply "You must tip at least 10%". It is assumed when one sits to be waited on that they will tip accordingly.

Many years ago I worked in the service industry in college and tips made the difference in many things for me and getting stiffed for a tip often made a difference. I've never forgotten that lesson. If the meal plus the 15-20% your obligated to add on for adequate service is too much, eat elsewhere or inform the staff up front

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 06:25:04 AM »

I pay a 1 cent tip once in my life and you proclaim me a cheap skate.   :wallbash:

You may reward bad behavior everytime but I don't. Stupid is as stupid does.

I can sit at a table with 4-5 other folks and everybody will get excellent service but me. Not all the time but very often. It's so bad and prevalent that it's a running joke and a contest among my wife, kids and some of our friends. I've come to expect bad service . I have no excuse or reason why some wait staff just doesn't like to deal with me unless they already know me. I know bad service, trust me here.

You're not making a point leaving a penny or pocket change or 2-3%. You're screaming that you're an asshole. If you want to make a point, leave the minimum 10% and a note of what you expected and what they did or didn't do FWIW

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 08:47:52 AM »

Here, a large pizza will be anywhere from $18 to $25.  Cheaper at chains.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »

I recently ordered a pizza through room service at an expensive hotel in Vegas....including mandatory tip and bloated room service fee it was 25 flat. 

Chain pizzas here sometimes can be had for 5.00 although usually a few bucks more.   

It is shocking that Ade would pay 70 bucks for a pizza.  I wonder if that is just accepted as the norm.

Fathertime
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Larry1

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 09:53:28 AM »

I recently ordered a pizza through room service at an expensive hotel in Vegas....including mandatory tip and bloated room service fee it was 25 flat. 

Chain pizzas here sometimes can be had for 5.00 although usually a few bucks more.   

It is shocking that Ade would pay 70 bucks for a pizza.  I wonder if that is just accepted as the norm.

Fathertime

A large pizza from the chains costs around $12-18 here, depending on how many toppings you order.

I looked at my nearest independent pizza restaurant and found these prices:

Cheese 11.00
Extra Items  1.75

Suprema  21.50
Pepperoni, Ham, Mushroom, Onion, Green Pepper, and Bacon

Quattro Carni (Meatlover) 18.00
Pepperoni, Ham, Italian Sausage, and Bacon

Margherita 16.25
Marinara Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, and Fresh Basil

Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese) 18.00
Our Version of a Four Cheese Pizza, Pizza Sauce Topped with Fontina, Provolone, Mozzarella, and Parmesan Cheese

A more fru fru restaurant here has about the same price range or a bit less (but its pizzas are likely smaller than those at the restaurant just above:

Prosciutto e Rucola
Fior di latte mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh baby arugula, fresh basil 15
(prosciutto and arugula added when pizza is out of the oven)

Coincidentally, a day or two ago I was thinking of writing a thread on pizza, a food that can be found all over FSU.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:59:18 AM by Larry1 »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

Fathertime

I think that is the norm

I'm in small town Roosterpoot where the Mom and pops have to compete with the chains but a large full topping can be had delivered for 20 bucks

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 12:43:24 PM »
Pizza Hut regularly mails out coupons for $10 large pizza with as many toppings as you want.

However, they told me that if you put more than 4 toppings on . . . the crust can't get baked properly.  4 are enough anyway.

Also, Pizza Hut regularly send out coupons for buy one get one all you can eat lunch buffet.  Pizza, salads, pasta with red or white topping, bread sticks, and drinks included for $6.95.  And, they even have dessert pizza and dessert bread sticks !

We go a couple of times a month . . . but that's part of why I am gaining weight.  Ochka eats as much as me . . . but does not gain weight.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Larry1

Cost of pizza
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »
Pizza Hut regularly mails out coupons for $10 large pizza with as many toppings as you want.

However, they told me that if you put more than 4 toppings on . . . the crust can't get baked properly.  4 are enough anyway...

We go a couple of times a month . . . but that's part of why I am gaining weight.  Ochka eats as much as me . . . but does not gain weight.

Dominos sells large three-item pizzas for $7.99 from Monday through Thursday.  I think that might be a nationwide promotion, but I'm not certain. Pizza is my kryptonite. I had to go just about cold turkey on it because I too was gaining weight.

CiCi's pizza has a cheap buffet I have gone to occasionally with co-workers. It has been some years since I've been there because the pizza is pretty bad, but at that time it cost $4.99 for all the pizza, salad, and bread sticks you could eat. It also included soft drinks.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
A large pizza from the chains costs around $12-18 here, depending on how many toppings you order.

I looked at my nearest independent pizza restaurant and found these prices:

Cheese 11.00
Extra Items  1.75

Suprema  21.50
Pepperoni, Ham, Mushroom, Onion, Green Pepper, and Bacon

Quattro Carni (Meatlover) 18.00
Pepperoni, Ham, Italian Sausage, and Bacon

Margherita 16.25
Marinara Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, and Fresh Basil

Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese) 18.00
Our Version of a Four Cheese Pizza, Pizza Sauce Topped with Fontina, Provolone, Mozzarella, and Parmesan Cheese

A more fru fru restaurant here has about the same price range or a bit less (but its pizzas are likely smaller than those at the restaurant just above:

Prosciutto e Rucola
Fior di latte mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh baby arugula, fresh basil 15
(prosciutto and arugula added when pizza is out of the oven)

Coincidentally, a day or two ago I was thinking of writing a thread on pizza, a food that can be found all over FSU.

interesting...what state you in?
Here in California the competition must be fierce...local mom and pop has 5 dollar pepperoni pizza (after 8PM)   in addition I often see a sign twirler guy in front of Little Ceasars, trying to lure people in with the 5 dollar offer for a large pizza.... 

One of my favorite pizza toppings is goat cheese....i like pep and mushroom also. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Larry1

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »

interesting...what state you in?

... One of my favorite pizza toppings is goat cheese....i like pep and mushroom also. 

Fathertime!

Michigan.

I like pepperoni or italian sausage and mushrooms as well.  I love goat cheese, but I don't see it much on pizzas around here. 

Offline ML

Re: Cost of pizza
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
CiCi's pizza has a cheap buffet I have gone to occasionally with co-workers. It has been some years since I've been there because the pizza is pretty bad, but at that time it cost $4.99 for all the pizza, salad, and bread sticks you could eat. It also included soft drinks.

The CiCi's is $6.95 and it DOES NOT include the drink.

They have 2 for one often . . . but it requires that you buy 2 large drinks also.  So at $2.50 a drink . . . not nearly as good a deal as Pizza Hut . . . plus Pizza Hut tastes twice as good.

Don't quite know why they can't make it taste better.

Offline Larry1

Re: Cost of pizza
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »
The CiCi's is $6.95 and it DOES NOT include the drink.

They have 2 for one often . . . but it requires that you buy 2 large drinks also.  So at $2.50 a drink . . . not nearly as good a deal as Pizza Hut . . . plus Pizza Hut tastes twice as good.

Don't quite know why they can't make it taste better.

If CiCi's Pizza engaged in honest advertising it would say, "CiCi's Pizza - not much worse than Sbarro's"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
You're not making a point leaving a penny or pocket change or 2-3%.

In the food service industry, a penny is the best way to make a point. You can find discussions like the one below talking about the tip that makes the biggest point and is even recommend by those who work in the business.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101219145704AAtJLVZ

Many food servers who work for tips make less than minimum wage. If they give bad service and don't make lots of tips, their boss has to pay the difference to bring them up to minimum wage. When their boss see certain employees making much less than the others in tips and extra money has to come out of the company's pocket, they will have a talk with the employee about their performance.

You're screaming that you're an asshole.

So what if I'm rude to those who are rude to me? Rewarding bad behavior isn't my thing. I am good to those who are good to me. This stuff isn't complicated. If you're having problems with people in the food industry practicing rudeness and avoidance with you on a regular basis when they are paid to do the opposite, lower your tip or improve your attitude to make a difference.

Most of the time I get bad service is because somebody is having a bad day, not because their work ethic is lacking. Maybe the cook is slow, it's extra busy or a few people didn't show up for work. Normally those servers apologize and I don't penalize their tip if they are sincerely making the best effort with what they got to work with. Those servers know everybody who comes in to eat want a pleasant experience. Customers may have other plans for the evening and the servers are considerate to get them their food as quickly as possible. There are no excuses for rude and slow servers. This is not a Communist country where everybody earns the same amount. Bad servers do not deserve to get tipped anywhere near what good servers deserve.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:23 AM »

In the food service industry, a penny is the best way to make a point. You can find discussions like the one below talking about the tip that makes the biggest point and is even recommend by those who work in the business.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101219145704AAtJLVZ

Many food servers who work for tips make less than minimum wage. If they give bad service and don't make lots of tips, their boss has to pay the difference to bring them up to minimum wage. When their boss see certain employees making much less than the others in tips and extra money has to come out of the company's pocket, they will have a talk with the employee about their performance.

So what if I'm rude to those who are rude to me? Rewarding bad behavior isn't my thing. I am good to those who are good to me. This stuff isn't complicated. If you're having problems with people in the food industry practicing rudeness and avoidance with you on a regular basis when they are paid to do the opposite, lower your tip or improve your attitude to make a difference.

Most of the time I get bad service is because somebody is having a bad day, not because their work ethic is lacking. Maybe the cook is slow, it's extra busy or a few people didn't show up for work. Normally those servers apologize and I don't penalize their tip if they are sincerely making the best effort with what they got to work with. Those servers know everybody who comes in to eat want a pleasant experience. Customers may have other plans for the evening and the servers are considerate to get them their food as quickly as possible. There are no excuses for rude and slow servers. This is not a Communist country where everybody earns the same amount. Bad servers do not deserve to get tipped anywhere near what good servers deserve.

Have to agree with you on this Billy.  There have been very few times I have left a penny, but I did it on a couple occasions.   It's not like the food is free and they are doing you a favor.  If their attitude or service sucks, so does my tip!

Agree that maybe Faux Paus's problem might be personality driven rather than appearance.

By the same token, I have left a tip of $50 or more on a couple occasions when servers provided outstanding service for a special occasion such as an anniversary, birthday,  or an important business meeting.  Seems to me that about 80 -90% just see it as a boring job and the others see it as an opportunity to make someone's experience special.  They are the smart ones that make more in tips than the others.  Mediocre service deserves mediocre tips.
Doug (Calmissile)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM