It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439670 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Meanwhile somewhere in America a Latino store owner has had enough.

http://9gag.com/gag/ax9g7rb

Since the Democratic leadership doesn't want help from Trump to restore law and order to keep citizens and businesses safe, citizens and business owners will have to take matters into their own hands.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Meanwhile somewhere in America a Latino store owner has had enough.

http://9gag.com/gag/ax9g7rb

:ROFL:

That’s epic!

I think the idiot holding a sign that read *BLM! Defund the police* was the one that yelled “somebody call 911!”
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection

Splendid news.  Thanks for the update. 

Any concern about this changing in your upcoming winter season?

People don’t seem too concerned about the cold and flu season....Not to say there won’t be a resurgence.  The state borders are still closed so I’d be surprised if the states with no cases experience high infections again. Vic and NSW are the states to watch for increased active cases and I believe NSW had no new reported cases yesterday

We were lucky compared with other countries....We’re an island with a low population and long distances between population centres. We shut everything down quickly, enforced social distancing, a 14 day quarantine and it never really got a foot hold. There were a few mistake made, the biggest was the Ruby Princess cruise ship fiasco, which spread the virus nation wide, but we soon isolated everyone onboard and those who had social contact.

Offline Davo

Davo-

Oz has been one of the few countries that had been steadfast during this crisis. Amazing how the Aussies seemed unaffected by the chaotic changes in guidance we were all subjected to. Well, maybe with the exception with the whole fascination on toilet paper. Oz has also been one of the first to dive into vaccine research the minute it received the genome from China.

Is the new revelation regarding HCQ covered in your media? It’s pretty much (relatively) censored here. There was literally 1 minute total of coverage from the 3 prime newscast channels *combined*

For the average Aussie not much phases us.... I guess you can call it our  “she’ll be right”  laid back mentally..... It can be a curse, but in this situation a benefit when you compare us with some of the hysteria in other countries.

The toilet paper issue was driven by the media after reporting on shortages overseas. We produce our own pulp and paper so the panic buying was ridiculous......we were never going to run out if it wasn’t for people hoarding. On the bright side it produced some funny memes and videos being passed around work.....in our typical self deprecating humour.

Our medical research industry and universities are world class. A local university was preparing for human trials months ago on vaccines. One of our biggest problems in keeping bright young minds in our country. Many chase more $$$ overseas and often our research lines the pocket of international Phama companies..... I guess this is common in lots of countries.

On the HCQ, the only reason I mentioned it was I caught the end of a radio report a few months ago......  some nurses and doctors were already taking it. I’ve heard nothing since except when I googled it for my reply. I guess they saw a benefit in it to conduct a trail
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:33:27 PM by Davo »

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
:ROFL:

That’s epic!

I think the idiot holding a sign that read *BLM! Defund the police* was the one that yelled “somebody call 911!”

Yeah, you just simply cannot make this stuff up.

The krim’s of this World simply have no clue that they have become windup dolls who will later be sacrificed.

Be careful what you wish for comes to mind.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
First somewhat intelligent post out of you in a good long while.

:deadhorse:

You misunderstand.. I support what they're trying to say ... I just don't see why they need to go in the streets to prove how offended they are by the obvious standards set by a small minority of law enforcement officers who didn't belong in the force.

It's not just blacks lives that matter ...

Even the right of centre UK newspapers are shocked by this video of Buffalo Emergency Response VIOLENTLY pushing a 75 year old protestor to the ground, causing him to fall to the ground, and blood pours from his head ..

Two officers get suspended, pending an inquiry possible criminal investigations and the rest resign in 'protest'?  Now I realise we don't know the full story and the guy was a well known 'social activist' and it was just past curfew time ... but it looks BAD ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8390857/Two-Buffalo-police-officers-suspended-video-shows-shoving-elderly-man-ground.html

Offline msmob

Is the new revelation regarding HCQ covered in your media? It’s pretty much (relatively) censored here. There was literally 1 minute total of coverage from the 3 prime newscast channels *combined*

Why do you think it's 'censored' given your President is an advocate of the 'efficacy' of said med ..?  Just 'Google' "HCQ side effects" and you'll get hits about the retraction of the report you CLAIM is 'censored news'  :popcorn:

It's headline news, everywhere..

A few clueless people believe the UK's Guardian is 'lefty' and only investigates 'leftist' agendas ... ;) THEY broke the story..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/covid-19-lancet-retracts-paper-that-halted-hydroxychloroquine-trials

Could it be that only that 'trial / conclusion' of HCQ in relation to COVID-19 is discredited ... ?

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30383-2/fulltext

Unfavorable results from a chloroquine clinical trial led to death threats and animosity towards researchers in Brazil. Estella Ektorp reports.  I should point out that this was CQ, not HCQ .. But, one gets the impression that there are folks out there that REALLY want to believe in the likes of 'Trampu ' rather than science ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Thanks to all the selfish tw*ts 'marching for George' and Police brutality when expressly banned from mass garherings for reasons of public safety..and sending the R number back up...

For those of us who have obeyed by staying at home and socially distancing...

More time in the basement for you eh ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
I don't actually see what this George Floyd thing has to do with us here in the UK. It seems these days it's any excuse to join in on a social media moral panic. I prefer it back in the day when an American domestic issue was an American issue and no concern of to us and vice versa.

Apparently this George Floyd guy had used a counterfeit note so for all we know could have been part of a violent drugs gang. Best wait till an investigation reveals whether he was innocent of such or not before going of half cocked me thinks. For all we know he may have had a violent criminal record.

In any case I think those breaking social distancing with rallies are likely to bump up the virus numbers assuming of course it hasn't already run its course. Odds are because if the many black people at these rallies they will be most at risk and more of them could die as a result.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

I prefer it back in the day when an American domestic issue was an American issue and no concern of to us and vice versa.

What days were those?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/17/newsid_2818000/2818967.stm

"1968: Anti-Vietnam demo turns violent
More than 200 people have been arrested after thousands of demonstrators clashed in an anti-Vietnam war protest outside the United States embassy in London."

In any case I think those breaking social distancing with rallies are likely to bump up the virus numbers assuming of course it hasn't already run its course.

1/ IF you bothered to read, you'd know that the R numbers are going UP ( not down )

2/ The irony of a guy who was driving back and forth across five counties to visit his parents during lockdown now suggesting 'righteous indignation' is not lost on those who've read your 'defending' such behaviour ..

PS : Here's an example of  Trench on 'ignore' .... I don't see one post, but the one below is in plain sight !;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 11:54:21 PM by msmob »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
oh no...
oh no...no...no...
the Oxford scientific establishment has come out against hydroxy
calling it useless...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine/uk-halts-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-in-covid-19-patients-after-no-benefit-found-idUSKBN23C1YM

so that means they’re anti-Trump, right bastards they are!

well cheerio, keep a stiff upper lip and carry-on, mustn’t grumble

Offline Confederate

oh no...
oh no...no...no...
the Oxford scientific establishment has come out against hydroxy
calling it useless...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine/uk-halts-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-in-covid-19-patients-after-no-benefit-found-idUSKBN23C1YM

so that means they’re anti-Trump, right bastards they are!

well cheerio, keep a stiff upper lip and carry-on, mustn’t grumble

Does the scientific establishment also condemn your drugs of choice?
George Orwell 1984

Online krimster2

oh boy, yet another chance for you to display your ignorance...
you should be the poster boy for the dangers of what a lack of education will do to your future
since the scientific community were the ones who helped create and produce them
I would say that should be considered an implied endorsement
I, OTOH, made the decision to use them for “off-label” use
my life is just fine, thank you for asking - how’s being a lonely, povery stricken incel full of racial resentment (penis envy no doubt) working out for you?
what happens to you next year when you have trouble paying the rent?
meanwhile, keep dreamin of that Russian woman, or ANY woman for that matter...
tick tock, tick tock....

PS
"Meanwhile somewhere in America a Latino store owner has had enough."

He SAW the protestors!!!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:32:37 AM by krimster2 »

Online Faux Pas

:deadhorse:

You misunderstand.. I support what they're trying to say ... I just don't see why they need to go in the streets to prove how offended they are by the obvious standards set by a small minority of law enforcement officers who didn't belong in the force.

So, they should just stay home and riot? Tear up and destroy their own s*it?

Offline msmob

So, they should just stay home and riot? Tear up and destroy their own s*it?

:wallbash:

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Interesting stuff going on in the UK today, statue of a 17th century slave trader torn down by protesters in Bristol and thrown into the harbour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52954305

Just have to see how that all plays out. Perhaps they could erect a statue of me in its place :D

Guessing we'll find out in about a week's time if numbers of virus cases have gone up from the protesters that turned out.

Online krimster2

you cannot say that I am wrong
until you can tell me what is right
every generation must know its own suffering
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:26:17 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

Returning to the topic of the thread, the entire nation needs to come out of lockdown, make masks mandatory, and implement a mass program of measuring  body temperature of the public. 

See:  http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24136.msg536779#msg536779

Another step is required too. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Returning to the topic of the thread, the entire nation needs to come out of lockdown, make masks mandatory, and implement a mass program of measuring  body temperature of the public. 

See:  http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24136.msg536779#msg536779

I agree, I think definitely for supermarkets, DIY and other big stores and large internal public areas masks should be mandatory. Over the past week I've had idiots inside Supermarket's and DIY stores I've been in just being clueless about social distancing no matter how many times it's been said on TV etc about keeping 2 meters apart and being signed up and marked out. A lot are following it but there are some people that are just too dumb in this world to follow. Fortunately I always wear a good quality professional mask in these environments as I know what twits the world has seen fit to create, but still it would be nice for them to keep to the 2 meters as well. In one supermarket there was one twit who went running down the isle up behind everyone including myself, another some scroate woman stood right near me at the checkout, I had to try and get it through her thick skull to move away. Both were in their early middle age I would say.

Here in the UK with the recent protests and I guess in the US too it will be a case of watching to see if there is a rapid spread of the virus among the black community. If this does or does not show up in a week or so's time it could be quite telling.

In South America it looks like the virus is beginning to take hold quite bad and might even surpass the high levels seen in western Europe.

So still more to learn about all of this I reckon.

Offline BillyB

As the coronavirus strips Russians of their income, some Russians are stripping off their clothes. Warning. Naked Russians in the news article video. May offend some people.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-chefs-naked-lockdown-protest-113251258.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Confederate

I believe masks should be entirely optional. Fauci himself stated they are symbolic.

Perhaps elderly should where them, IF they wish to. Whatever happens to personal responsibility and free will?

Oxygen is incredibly important for a healthy immune system. Wearing a mask causes hypoxia. Trees can breathe carbon dioxide, humans not so much.

Don’t worry, get outside in fresh air and sunshine. NY’s stay at home orders showed most who got infected; stayed at home.  :shock:
George Orwell 1984

Offline msmob

I believe masks should be entirely optional. Fauci himself stated they are symbolic.

Perhaps elderly should where them, IF they wish to. Whatever happens to personal responsibility and free will?

Oxygen is incredibly important for a healthy immune system. Wearing a mask causes hypoxia. Trees can breathe carbon dioxide, humans not so much.

Don’t worry, get outside in fresh air and sunshine. NY’s stay at home orders showed most who got infected; stayed at home.  :shock:

For those who do not understand ..

A mask is not a respirator and there are few issues breathing, as they do not form a seal

A RESPIRATOR forms a seal and air is breatheed through a filter

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
For those who do not understand ..

A mask is not a respirator and there are few issues breathing, as they do not form a seal

A RESPIRATOR forms a seal and air is breatheed through a filter

What is a respirator?

a mask or device worn over the mouth and nose to protect the respiratory system by filtering out dangerous substances (such as dusts, fumes, or bacteria) from inhaled air

NOTE: *Particulate respirator masks* are only able to filter out particles and are not effective against gases or vapors. A numerical rating (such as 95 or 99) is sometimes assigned to such a respirator to indicate the percentage of particles filtered. A letter may also be assigned to indicate whether it is somewhat resistant (R), not resistant (NR), or strongly resistant (P) to the degrading effects of oil on proper respirator function.

For Americans:

http://www.fisherphillips.com/resources-alerts-osha-issues-new-guidance-given-n95-mask

OSHA Issues New Guidance Given N95 Mask Shortage During COVID-19 Pandemic
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:03:24 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

The primary purpose of the mask is to prevent the wearer from spraying others with droplets from nose and mouth.

Online krimster2

primary?
did I hear someone say the word Primary

remember, it's both who votes that counts
AND
who counts the votes

awwww. I see what's gonna happen there....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1879
Total: 1890

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM