It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 80397 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2018, 03:54:38 AM »
Trench.... quit dreaming again....  If such would be so easy to do and so popular it would have long been done.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
EU Issues
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2018, 04:40:48 AM »
Mobe, the Tories aren't going to wait for a vote of no confidence to come about, as soon as it becomes apparent no further progress on Brexit talks can be made they will call a General Election - Parliament will be dissolved and hence the DUP will not be able to call a no confidence vote.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2018, 04:45:06 AM »
Mobe, the Tories aren't going to wait for a vote of no confidence to come about, as soon as it becomes apparent no further progress on Brexit talks can be made they will call a General Election - Parliament will be dissolved and hence the DUP will not be able to call a no confidence vote.

..and Trench walks on to the next punch ..

You think Mrs May - if she is still leader will gamble losing even MORE seats ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »
..and Trench walks on to the next punch ..

You think Mrs May - if she is still leader will gamble losing even MORE seats ?

She lost seats before because she thought she get a blank cheque from voters to tack anything onto the agenda. Her two idiot inexperienced advisors told her to target the elderly into an extra inherentance tax on their property to pay for their care costs. This did not go down well and despite her backtracking on that the damage was done.

Some time has passed since all of that and matters moved on. I'm guessing were a General Election called today she would get the majority she would need albeit a small one. I think Labour have reached the ceiling of their support under Jeremy Corbyn. I don't see him doing any better next time, he exceeded expectations last time.

If Theresa calls a General Election and secures a majority it will also help her see of any Leadership challenges. If a No Deal situation comes about which is now seemingly most likely she will have no other choice as she's already rejected the Customs Union and will need to offload the DUP.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2018, 12:33:13 PM »

I'm guessing were a General Election called today ..

Your guesses are worthless given the current polls..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
Your guesses are worthless given the current polls..

You mean the same pollsters that predicted a Remain Victory, the Lib Des getting more seats than get did and Paddy Ashdown having to 'eat his hat' lol, etc, etc.

They mean nothing Mobers, the same pollsters predicted The Tories would hammer Labour in the last GE then Theresa made her gaff and Corbyn swung the Student vote meaning she ended up with a minority government. Leads like you are looking at can evaporate overnight if they indeed even exist. Remember it is a sample of the electorate being asked outside of actual voting. Will they all actually toddle along and vote? Some mah not. Your need to stop clutching at straws Mobers ;)

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
You mean the same pollsters that predicted a Remain Victory, the Lib Des getting more seats than get did and Paddy Ashdown having to 'eat his hat' lol, etc, etc.

They mean nothing Mobers, the same pollsters predicted The Tories would hammer Labour in the last GE then Theresa made her gaff and Corbyn swung the Student vote meaning she ended up with a minority government. Leads like you are looking at can evaporate overnight if they indeed even exist. Remember it is a sample of the electorate being asked outside of actual voting. Will they all actually toddle along and vote? Some mah not. Your need to stop clutching at straws Mobers ;)

The Polls are not close, like in June 2016 - with a 2 percent margin of error ...

With every post you manage to confirm you are denser and denser

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2018, 11:54:38 PM »
The Polls are not close, like in June 2016 - with a 2 percent margin of error ...

With every post you manage to confirm you are denser and denser

Mobers, this is are great chance to be free from the EU!

No more awkward negotiations, summits to eventually deal with problems made worse by a lack of competence from the EU and time to focus on the UK.

We would also free ourselves from the oncoming economic catastrophe of EU debt - it's piling up and before long it will be called in. We don't want to part of the EU when they do or it could mean we to are caught in the economic crises.

The EU is adding to the debt all the time with heavy spending and adding the payments to it to nations like ours which it sees as rich nations to plunder for our wealth to fund it's 'Project'.

We never asked to be a part of the EU's 'Project' let alone fund it. If we get out of Europe now we can separate ourselves from this immenant :trainwreck: and help free some of Western Europe from it too.

Change your mind Mobers.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2018, 12:11:41 AM »
Mobers, this is are great chance to be free from the EU!

For unthinking clots ...

Change your mind Mobers.

Residency in another EU nation arranged

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
EU Issues
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
I'm surprised why the recent plight of migrants to Europe is an issue for EU now, considering the long standing criticism they held against US illegal immigration policies, especially that of Trump's stance against migrants' proclaiming unregulated admittance only brings us heightened criminal activities and economic hardship?

Time to walk their talk, no? Karma is a biyatch!

http://www.oann.com/refugee-crisis-escalates-in-europe-as-some-countries-fight-back/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:54:16 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2018, 01:49:27 PM »
GQBlues should stick to Golf or gardening - where his expertise is not questioned ...

JUST back in the UK and will explain the folly in your comparison, tomorrow

CLUE: Please check whether - in joining the EU-  nations have to agree to be bound by Directives - which take precedence over national law  ..and please search to find if there was a Directive on sharing the load in the event of an Immigration crisis...

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
GQBlues should stick to Golf or gardening - where his expertise is not questioned ...

JUST back in the UK and will explain the folly in your comparison, tomorrow

CLUE: Please check whether - in joining the EU-  nations have to agree to be bound by Directives - which take precedence over national law  ..and please search to find if there was a Directive on sharing the load in the event of an Immigration crisis...

:P

Oh I see! Then the implication you make regarding 'distinction' should also apply to Euros' criticisms which should've have taken *careful* consideration what our (illegal) immigration policies are about first, correct? ......Have they, you think? i.e the silly Pope's bridge vs wall theory hypocrisy.

I've not an ounce of curiosity to do any type of 'searching' related to anything *EU*. Ain't my concern whatever is happening there. I can only hope everyone there is happy as a lark (I am aware however that that sentiment isn't mutual).

I assure you that watching from where I'm at is entertaining as it is. Methinks *Darwin's Nightmare* long time coming is about to haunt you folks after all these years, is all...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:58:14 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
EU Issues
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
Which EU leaders criticized the US’ immigration policies?  The only one I can think of is France criticizing separating children from their parents, and that is deplorable.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »
LMAO!

I was under the impression you are the expert on 'all things (negative) USA'.

Quote from: Steffen Siebert speaking for Merkel
The chancellor regrets the U.S. entry ban against refugees and citizens from several countries. She expressed her concern to US President Trump during a telephone call on Saturday and reminded him that the Geneva Conventions require the international community to take in war refugees on humanitarian grounds,

Quote from: France's Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault
Trump's order can only worry us. We have signed international obligations, so welcoming refugees fleeing war and oppression forms part of our duties.

That's just two examples. For now..

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:49:54 PM by AnonMod »

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
Quote from:  Sigmar Gabriel
The United States is a country where Christian traditions have an important meaning. Loving your neighbour is a major Christian value, and that includes helping people. I think that is what unites us in the west, and I think that is what we want to make clear to the Americans.

Quote from: Luxembourg foreign minister Jean Asselborn
The American president is dividing the Muslim world into good and evil with this. The decision is also bad for Europe because it will increase the Muslim world’s mistrust and hatred of the west.

eat...crow...

The caption showing those migrants in Spain, they look like strong, abled bodies to me. I'm sure they'll happily integrate and assimilate into European societies. Make millions of children for Europe's bright and promising future. Matter of fact, I think they've already had more than a few legs up in Sweden and Germany doing just that, IINM.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 04:27:19 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »
LMAO!

I was under the impression you are the expert on 'all things (negative) USA'.

That's just two examples. For now..

A ban against refugees is different from illegal immigration.

I never claimed to be an expert in all things negative about the US.  You seem to be sensitive on this issue.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
EU Issues
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »
msmob,

you "de man" as far as I am concerned, major respect for your life's experiences
please forgive my unsolicited advice
but it's pointless arguing with racists, it really is...

gqblues is a brown skinned gentleman who originates from a former Spanish colony
who is highly prejudiced against other brown skinned people who come from former Spanish colonies
gqblues came to the usa for exactly the same reason as anyone else including my ancestors
his ability to legally be here, has nothing whatsoever to do with him personally, or his merits
but because of what's known as "chaining" which the Alt-Right hates just as much as "illegal immigration"
but guess whose side he's on?
watch out cuz pretty soon, he'll probably start calling you a Chihuahua, he's very mature, and does not have a "Napolean Complex" or some kind of racial chip on his shoulder at all, no not at all

bring it on GQ....
show me what ya got son...

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2018, 06:08:33 PM »
A ban against refugees is different from illegal immigration.

No. It's a ban against the process. I'm sure you're aware the temporary ban was to conduct stricter vetting process from those select states.

I never claimed to be an expert in all things negative about the US.  You seem to be sensitive on this issue.

Sensitive? No. I find your US expertise a bit comical. What's the matter? CNN running out of dossier?

Offline GQBlues

EU Issues
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2018, 06:13:27 PM »
<snipped>

Ahh, the typical knee-jerk liberal response ...when you have nothing else to debate, pull out the 'race' card.

From a moralistic snowflake, who professed *flaunting his wealth* over women/girls living in economically-challenged region and thinks he's a Casanova, or one who unabashedly boasts about whoring around while married, there can't possibly be anything to come from you can ever give me a cause to pause. I've seen street-side, lowlife twits who have more substance than you. You don't even register as an appetizer.

"Water burns leaves", LMAO!

"Racist! Alt-Right! Bring it on! Yada-Yada-Yada" LMAO! What a joke!

You see, the problem with you snowflakes is, you just don't realize you happen to live on a planet with a sun.

FWIW, colloquailly, it's *DA MAN* not 'de man'. But I'm sure you flattered msmob nonetheless.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
EU Issues
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »
that's it, that's ALL ya got?
I has the sadz, was hoping for something better than that...

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2018, 08:30:58 PM »
No. It's a ban against the process. I'm sure you're aware the temporary ban was to conduct stricter vetting process from those select states.

But international conventions state you can’t vet those claiming refugees status once they make it to your border. You vet them after admitting them.

Sensitive? No. I find your US expertise a bit comical. What's the matter? CNN running out of dossier?

Please point to all these posts citing my expertise. While you’re at it, please point to my posts critical of the US.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:46 PM »

:P

Oh I see!

Good

1/ You you accept that you didn't know about the Directive on Immigration crises and sharing the load ? ;)

2/ You accept that it wasn't just EU folk pointing out the legal and moral ramifications of some of the dubious actions of your President ?

NB I should add that 'my' ( currently still ) EU home nations UK / IRL managed to kop out out of this specific Directive - along with Denmark to my shame

Those nations  (like Hungary ) knew da rulz and can leave the club - if they want ....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2018, 02:16:51 PM »
For all those non-UK guys wishing to know more (I know you are ;D ) about the Leave/Remain divisions in Parliament across the parties this is not a bad summary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44870393?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cwlw3xz0lvvt/brexit&link_location=live-reporting-story

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
No heading for the DUP who are THE 'king-makers'..sort of spoils the article

Note how five LABOUR MPs might not be around to support 'Brexit' much longer ..

It is ironic how N.Ireland folks hold the key to Brexit - esp as 70 percent of my people are pro REMAIN  ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2018, 01:46:30 AM »
No heading for the DUP who are THE 'king-makers'..sort of spoils the article

Note how five LABOUR MPs might not be around to support 'Brexit' much longer ..

It is ironic how N.Ireland folks hold the key to Brexit - esp as 70 percent of my people are pro REMAIN  ;)

Yes but those 5 Labour MP's keep their seats regardless of whether they are deselected by their local party to run for Labour in the next General Election or if they get kicked out of Labour. It would take another GE for them to lose their seats, even if they were deselected they might run and win as Independents - Frank Field & Kate Hoey have geld their seats so long that a lot of their local constituents recognise only them, that is is they choose not to retire as they ate both getting on a bit.

Another GE could also jettison thd DUP as 'kingmakers' as you call them, if they outlive their usefulness Theresa would call time on their deal, they are only useful to her so long as the yard in line with her vision - I don't think Theresa gives a fig about staying in power for the sake of it as a lame duck administration, she'll call a GE if push came to shove you mark my words. The DUP don't have the power you think they have, it only looks that way on the surface.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541483
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701