It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So which one of you ran off all the women here?  (Read 18120 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: So which one of you ran off all the women here?
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 01:23:00 AM »
There is freedom and there is how freedom is used.
Just because something is privately owned does not mean it can not be heavily influenced by the government, and just because something is owned by the government does not mean it can not do its job uninhibited.

Shadow, that is just wordy 'bollox' - in the context of long standing democracies - I note that you didn't even try to counter my examples of journalism bring down leaders...

I would suggest that you do not believe the BBC (State owned and ran) is worse in journalism as ITV or Sky.

I wouldn't begin by suggesting the BBC IS state run... it isn't .. nor is it state funded

I would suggest that SKY news is more biased than the BBC - reflecting the ultimate influence of the major shareholding family.

In the case of RT it started off promoting Russia and now promotes Kremlin propaganda re deflecting the away games in Ukraine, the MH17 fiasco, the military occupation of Crimea - followed by a farcical referendum, sticking up for Sepp Blatter, supporting ASSad - the dictator - in Syria - to name but a few ....
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:22 AM »
The bollox is all yours. Do not try to semantic your way out of that BBC is a state company.
As for RT, anyone thinking they have ever been anything else as apropaganda channel is out of their mind.
Likewise is anyone thinkingthat RT is representative of Russian news broadcasts.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:10 AM »
The bollox is all yours. Do not try to semantic your way out of that BBC is a state company.

I'm sorry, Shadow, I THINK you may be persiing in the daft notion that the Beeb IS state run  ;D

Enquiries like Hutton will put you straight..please google it, read the findings and you can thank me

As for RT, anyone thinking they have ever been anything else as apropaganda channel is out of their mind.
Likewise is anyone thinkingthat RT is representative of Russian news broadcasts.

It started off putting a Russian perspective on international news - THEN - it evolved into a slightly more sophisticated version of Russian news.... putting the state's version of the news and trying to undermine any negativity as a result of Russia's away games..

Watching RT or state news is an Orwellian experience.

I can't believe we might be talking about the same news channels...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 04:07:33 AM »

I'm sorry, Shadow, I THINK you may be persiing in the daft notion that the Beeb IS state run  ;D

Enquiries like Hutton will put you straight..please google it, read the findings and you can thank me
You are still delusional about your own media. Makes clear that you are not a good judge of any foreign ones as well.

It started off putting a Russian perspective on international news - THEN - it evolved into a slightly more sophisticated version of Russian news.... putting the state's version of the news and trying to undermine any negativity as a result of Russia's away games..

Watching RT or state news is an Orwellian experience.

I can't believe we might be talking about the same news channels...
Guess I am writing Chinese. We agree about RT. It was clear what RT was to us already 10 years ago.
However RT is not at all representative of news broadcasts inside Russia which Russians watch.
MrsShadows first comments on watching RT were that it was a tabloid which she hated, and that opinion has not become any better.
The amount of people inside Russia watching this channel is minimal, it is made for foreigners and expats mainly.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 07:01:58 AM »
Guys don't act surprised that there are few to no women here. Some of you reprobates chided me for telling you to knock it off with the big tits vs little tits/ shaved vs hair threads. Most "ladies" don't want to contribute to that crap or be associated with a forum that promotes it. Keep the locker room discussions in PM and perhaps some of them may return

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 11:55:36 AM »
I really miss Donna Pedro...

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 12:01:31 PM »
Guys don't act surprised that there are few to no women here. Some of you reprobates chided me for telling you to knock it off with the big tits vs little tits/ shaved vs hair threads. Most "ladies" don't want to contribute to that crap or be associated with a forum that promotes it. Keep the locker room discussions in PM and perhaps some of them may return

With all due respect. This place has had a few nut jobs. Usually it was other women that gave women such a hard time. I just wish more would come back. I remember Anastacia Ash. All I can say is "Wow" 

Offline Shadow

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »
Seems noboy has remembered Helen so far. Also quite a character, even in real life. ;D

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
Seems noboy has remembered Helen so far. Also quite a character, even in real life. ;D

Yep I remember her. She camped out here. I'm thinking she was Russian. I always wonder what happened to some of these people.

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »

That is absolutely ridiculous that that kind of language and talk was allowed on RWD to begin with. I think 99% of us men on here just want to find an amazing, sweet, kind, faithful, loving woman we can completely fall in love with, spend the rest of our lives loving, protecting, taking care of, providing for...being the Best Husband we can possibly be.

Talk of the size of a woman's "tits" or descriptions of her pubic area...that is absolutely outrageous and that kind of talk should not be allowed on RWD. Violators that talk about that stuff out in the open, and not privately through PM, should be a given a warning to knock it off, take it to PM and talk about it privately through PM. If they violate that rule a 2nd time, then a 2 week ban would be completely called for.

Having a woman's perspective here on this board is invaluable. There are so many things about women I still to this day do not understand, so many things about a woman's psyche I have been wrong about over and over and over again throughout my life, that it is so important to have some women here that can provide some insight into generally how the average woman thinks. If I had a dollar for every time I have been wrong about a woman I was dating / potentially wanting to date, I would easily have several million dollars.

I am glad I was not a member here when that sexually explicit talk was going on because I would have spoken up and told the offending parties to STFU. If I would have gotten in trouble and banned for telling the offending parties to STFU, then oh well, I would be fine with getting banned for that. RWD needs to be a board where women always feel welcome, always feel they have an outlet for sharing their thoughts and ideas without having to be subjected to crude, vulgar talk from a bunch of male idiots.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

I remember Helen. Although some men didn't gel with her, I liked when she participated here.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »
Hello darlings, I am here :) I did not forget about you! Just being busy with my life in Canada, my career, sports, shopping, going out, contributing to my Canadian pension, trying to minimize Canadian taxes, learning investments, looking for deals, etc etc. Everything that a normal Canadian would do!
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »
You are still delusional about your own media. Makes clear that you are not a good judge of any foreign ones as well.

Shadow, please prove to me the BBC 'state run' - then we can discuss who is 'deluded'  ;) You've now ducked examples twice -that demonstrate the Beeb does not slavishly follow govt. 'wishes' ...

Guess I am writing Chinese. We agree about RT. It was clear what RT was to us already 10 years ago.
However RT is not at all representative of news broadcasts inside Russia which Russians watch.
MrsShadows first comments on watching RT were that it was a tabloid which she hated, and that opinion has not become any better.
The amount of people inside Russia watching this channel is minimal, it is made for foreigners and expats mainly.

Shadow, you are competent in English - you are just being obtuse, now

RT has evolved from an amateur news / info about Russia - into a polished and highly funded propaganda 'news' channel... We might agree about it being a Kremlin mouthpiece and it's 'news' being  targeted at non Russian speakers -but it is watched by Russians who want to improve their English and it is available as a free channel in most Russian TV packages.

It is certainly aimed at non-Russians - but the message is the same... example 'we are in Syria to help the govt attack terrorists'' .. I am afraid that we must agree to differ - as the mantra on all Russian state owned news channels is the same - not questioning the wisdom of supporting Assad, for example ..

I'm mindful that our difference of opinion is diverting from the thread

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »
I am in contact via email with Ukraine ladies who used to post here.

They are depressed with the situation in Ukraine and don't want to read the blather here from some Russian supporters.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 05:18:17 AM »
I am in contact via email with Ukraine ladies who used to post here.

They are depressed with the situation in Ukraine and don't want to read the blather here from some Russian supporters.

Which Ukraine ladies and which Russian supporters?

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2016, 05:23:57 AM »
Hello darlings, I am here :) I did not forget about you! Just being busy with my life in Canada, my career, sports, shopping, going out, contributing to my Canadian pension, trying to minimize Canadian taxes, learning investments, looking for deals, etc etc. Everything that a normal Canadian would do!

Nice to hear from you Lily. 
Drop in once in a while to give us an update.  You had a lot of followers of your life.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
Hi Lily

I'm also pleased to hear from you ... I find it interesting how seriously you have adopted you new country.

Many people from N.Ireland left for Canada during our 'troubles'  - esp. in the 70'sand 80's and adore the life..

Offline Shadow

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2016, 08:44:34 AM »
Shadow, please prove to me the BBC 'state run' - then we can discuss who is 'deluded'  ;) You've now ducked examples twice -that demonstrate the Beeb does not slavishly follow govt. 'wishes' ...

Shadow, you are competent in English - you are just being obtuse, now

RT has evolved from an amateur news / info about Russia - into a polished and highly funded propaganda 'news' channel... We might agree about it being a Kremlin mouthpiece and it's 'news' being  targeted at non Russian speakers -but it is watched by Russians who want to improve their English and it is available as a free channel in most Russian TV packages.

It is certainly aimed at non-Russians - but the message is the same... example 'we are in Syria to help the govt attack terrorists'' .. I am afraid that we must agree to differ - as the mantra on all Russian state owned news channels is the same - not questioning the wisdom of supporting Assad, for example ..

I'm mindful that our difference of opinion is diverting from the thread
I never said the BBC is slavishly following government. On the cntrary I gave them as aexample of quality independent journalism.
It seems that you have the opinion that any media that shows statements contrary to your opinion is bad. Which in incorrect.
The actual task of the media should be to present the news and all opinions involved, without pointing at what position one has to take.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »

Gentlemen, for those who don't know Lily, she's ALL lady and ALL the woman you'll ever need at this forum.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »

Gentlemen, for those who don't know Lily, she's ALL lady and ALL the woman you'll ever need at this forum.

I remember the day she arrived here. She was attacked by Helen and others. Some thought she was a troll. The women here at that time were very hard on her. Lily has always been a class act.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:42 PM »
Lily has always been a class act.

Very true. Lily never engaged in anything dirty. Maybe some ladies thought she was a troll because she didn't join in their ritual of kicking men's balls?

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »
Looking back over some of my Personal messages the last 11 years here. I have to wonder what happened to some of these people. I just asked Judnnc how it was going. I remember his situation after reading a bit. He basically got married and proposed after 4 days. He talked about how negative the board was toward him. I got his message gloating about how he had gotten married and how we were all wrong.  I wish him the best but I'd just like to know. There have been others.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
I never said the BBC is slavishly following government. On the cntrary I gave them as aexample of quality independent journalism.

Great ... your 'Chinese' suggested otherwise

It seems that you have the opinion that any media that shows statements contrary to your opinion is bad. Which in incorrect.

NOT the case ... in my life I've learnt that not all history / news should be relied on - as important new/history might be omitted, that totally changes the perspective..

The actual task of the media should be to present the news and all opinions involved, without pointing at what position one has to take.

We agree.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701